Wednesday, December 19th, 2018 7:34pm CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: notsoalex   Views: 26,191

It shows us our first look on his alternate mode which, shock of shocks, is very inspired by the truck in the G1 cartoon. Of course, we also get to see the stock render for his robot mode, and his 35 step conversion. We also find out the figure comes with the "San Francisco Bridge" backdrop.

So does this make you more or less excited for the figure? Tell us in the Pub forums down below!

Transformers News: Leaked image of the back of the box of Studio Series 38 Bumblebee movie Optimus Prime

Credit(s): 本-阿弗莱克- on baidu

This article was last modified on Tuesday, January 1st, 2019 4:04pm CST

Re: Leaked image of the back of the box of Studio Series 38 Bumblebee movie Optimus Prime (1999864)
Posted by butcher31 on December 19th, 2018 @ 7:37pm CST
Oooh, that looks good!
Re: Leaked image of the back of the box of Studio Series 38 Bumblebee movie Optimus Prime (1999865)
Posted by Relic Dinobot on December 19th, 2018 @ 7:42pm CST
Looks good. ;)^ Also a little surprised they even made this to begin with, but then, maybe not that much really.
Re: Leaked image of the back of the box of Studio Series 38 Bumblebee movie Optimus Prime (1999868)
Posted by Octobotimus on December 19th, 2018 @ 7:53pm CST
To be honest i like it, even if the truck looks quite tall, i like it. and from the looks of it, it should have quite a good amount of paint on it.
Re: Leaked image of the back of the box of Studio Series 38 Bumblebee movie Optimus Prime (1999870)
Posted by metalogan on December 19th, 2018 @ 8:08pm CST
This is AutoBOUGHT!!! had the movie line looked like this from the getgo, I'd be more inclined to have collected the Bayverse.
Re: Leaked image of the back of the box of Studio Series 38 Bumblebee movie Optimus Prime (1999872)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 19th, 2018 @ 8:22pm CST
This Optimus and MP-44 should both have their molds melted down.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Nope, not really feeling that new Voyager Prime. I get what they're going for with the shift to the more familiar, but that does result in backlash from those who were used to the original esthetic. The shift does apparetly work in a sense as the movie is a hit with the critics for once it seems, so yeah...

It's an obnoxious half-assed continuity-clashing move that puts Travis Knight in the same category of fan embodied by Shadow from the Insecticomics (albeit not that extreme).

Also, the professional movie critics are worthless brain-dead morons when it comes to Transformers. I haven't seen the movie myself, but I have no faith in their judgement after stupidity regarding the first movie.
Re: Leaked image of the back of the box of Studio Series 38 Bumblebee movie Optimus Prime (1999876)
Posted by Randomhero on December 19th, 2018 @ 8:36pm CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:This Optimus and MP-44 should both have their molds melted down.

K.
Re: Leaked image of the back of the box of Studio Series 38 Bumblebee movie Optimus Prime (1999878)
Posted by Ironhidensh on December 19th, 2018 @ 8:42pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Honestly, that new Studio Series Prime is a nope in a not good direction.

I have not liked the Cybertronian aesthetic since it was revealed, they should have smoothed it out some and made it a separate thing. The difference is too jarring compared to the movie look I have come to love.

Carn is right, the "G1" influence crept into the movie. While it may be a short bit, it still sucks to see them abandon the previous looks, especially since we have gotten many looks at Transformers without Earth modes. And it's now across the board: toys, comics, TV, and now starting to creep into the movie. Let the unique things stay unique. That would be like Prime or Cybertron suddenly shifting into G1 mode, it doesn't look right.

AS was said elsewhere, you can't miss G1 if it won't stop coming back and now taking over the entire industry.

and the G1 look is not good for many of these guys. It's the wrong type of greeble on the characters, and for some reason, a lot of the Cybertron guys have very large thighs and skinny arms and lower legs, it's not a good look. And this figure sadly seems to capture that look.

I really really really wish they would have made the Cybertron aesthetic something else and new instead of in this live action universe. They nailed Dropkick, Shatter, and Blitzwing, why couldn't you have stuck with that?

on a separate note, Jetfire looks good, I can't wait to see the combination with Prime!

First, I agree with everything you just said, my young friend. I'm an OG geewunner, but yeah, it's starting to get a tad drawn out.

Second, frack me if I don't love the hell out of this new design. :lol:

What can I say, it hits all the right notes for me.
Re: Leaked image of the back of the box of Studio Series 38 Bumblebee movie Optimus Prime (1999880)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on December 19th, 2018 @ 8:49pm CST
Nope. This figure isn't for me. The figure itself is fine I guess for what it's trying for, but personally I'd rather we get more of the Constructicons sooner rather than another Prime, but G1-Flavored. Oh well, it's nice for the G1 fans that want him and he's not stealing a spot from any characters I'm dying for. I guess we know what that "Autobot Hero" listing was about now?
Re: Leaked image of the back of the box of Studio Series 38 Bumblebee movie Optimus Prime (1999882)
Posted by william-james88 on December 19th, 2018 @ 8:56pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:Second, frack me if I don't love the hell out of this new design. :lol:

What can I say, it hits all the right notes for me.

Yeah, I am surprised by the amount of people speaking their displeasure. When the trailer came out, everyon was raving about the G1-like designs. With memes of Take My Money or whenever Hasbro would release those in toy form. And now we see we dont have to wait long at all, and yet there is none of that excitement present.

I am really impressed at how I see no extraneous kibble in that bot mode for so many new parts found in truck mode (unless the answer is he has a big ass backpack like MP44). That alone is the reason I want it.

I am confused about what alt mode detail his arms have, or if its just fake alt mode kibble.
Re: Leaked image of the back of the box of Studio Series 38 Bumblebee movie Optimus Prime (1999885)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 19th, 2018 @ 9:00pm CST
I think the "Cybertronian" designs from the Bumblebee movie are erroneous trash that have no place in the movieverse and should not have been dignified with toys.
Re: Leaked image of the back of the box of Studio Series 38 Bumblebee movie Optimus Prime (1999894)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on December 19th, 2018 @ 9:11pm CST
notirishman wrote:Earlier today, we put up two news articles on the instruction manual and robot mode image of new Studio Series 38 Voyager Class Optimus Prime, from the Bumblebee film. Following that, we have a leaked image of the back of the box of the said toy, thanks to 本-阿弗莱克- on baidu.

It shows us our first look on his alternate mode which, shock of shocks, is very inspired by the truck in the G1 cartoon. Of course, we also get to see the stock render for his robot mode, and his 35 step conversion. We also find out the figure comes with the "San Francisco Bridge" backdrop, whick liekly has little relevance to the film itself.

I'm still sticking to my Siege Optimus retool theory. From this picture it looks like he has the same truck roof/backpack as the Siege toy and the legs also look very similarly built from the inside angle. I'm really excited for this guy, looks like he'll be a lot of fun! I do feel a little regret buying the Takara Leader Evasion Prime (that I can't remember the actual name of right now, gah!) but at least he's all chromed up and a different size class. I'm gonna be getting this new Optimus right on release, I think.
Re: Leaked image of the back of the box of Studio Series 38 Bumblebee movie Optimus Prime (1999911)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on December 19th, 2018 @ 10:01pm CST
Re: Leaked image of the back of the box of Studio Series 38 Bumblebee movie Optimus Prime (1999913)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 19th, 2018 @ 10:07pm CST
In this case it's a double-whammy of John Warden AND Travis Knight.
Re: Leaked image of the back of the box of Studio Series 38 Bumblebee movie Optimus Prime (1999914)
Posted by william-james88 on December 19th, 2018 @ 10:08pm CST
Nemesis Maximo wrote:Jesus H. Mary and Joseph Born in a Manger Read the Bible Christ, we just got a Leader Class PotP Optimus Prime that is Geewun, a Voyager CW Optimus Prime that was Geewun, a Voyager Class WFC: Siege Optimus that is HELLA Geewun, a probable new Leader Class Optimus that may or may not have a Geewun Trailer but is definitely Geewun even if it has a Galaxy Force chest, and now we’re getting a GEEWUN VOYAGER OPTIMUS PRIME! GOD’s sake, John Warden has his head shoved so far up GEEWUN OPTIMUS PRIME’S TAILPIPE. Goddamn.

And if you want even more G1 Optimus Prime, you remember this is coming out next year too right?

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... box/42602/

Didnt we jut make this joke that very soon every single toy will be Optimus Prime.
Re: Leaked image of the back of the box of Studio Series 38 Bumblebee movie Optimus Prime (1999919)
Posted by fruityrobo on December 19th, 2018 @ 10:25pm CST
dont be offended when I say that i don't care about optimus prime
lets be honest optimus prime and bumblebee are the two main faces of the transformers franchise so naturally there are way too many versions of them. each one continues to surprise me in both ways, and maybe impress me sometimes but im tired of them. i want more on the others. they deserve better. Life dropkick and shatter, I would have one version of a good dropkick and shatter rather than a thousand bumblebees and optimus

i just want a really good blitzwing from the bumblebee movie or a decent triple changer for either dropkick or shatter
Re: Leaked image of the back of the box of Studio Series 38 Bumblebee movie Optimus Prime (1999920)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 19th, 2018 @ 10:27pm CST
Someone on another board brought up a time back in 1997 when we got Machine Wars Optimus Prime with his rather nontraditional look for an Optimus Prime (unique deco, no mouthplate, etc.) and people back then were all going "When are we gonna get a new Optimus Prime toy?!!"

Good times.
Re: Leaked image of the back of the box of Studio Series 38 Bumblebee movie Optimus Prime (1999922)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on December 19th, 2018 @ 10:31pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... box/42602/

I was just thinking about that, part of me wants to laugh but the other part wants to cry coz it’s very nearly coming true.

I mean, I get it, Optimus Prime is the face of the brand, but jeezopeets. We’re going to have 3 different Optimus Prime toys on the shelves at the same time, based on the same Geewun design,2 of which are the same size, and the other of which includes an Optimus Prime that is the same damn size, but with accessories. That’s fucking nuts. Who was in that meeting? Was the guy who thought it would be cool to murder Admiral Ackbar in The Last Jedi there?
Re: Leaked image of the back of the box of Studio Series 38 Bumblebee movie Optimus Prime (1999934)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on December 20th, 2018 @ 1:08am CST
william-james88 wrote:

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... box/42602/

The G1 burnout is coming, I can feel it :POPCORN:
Re: Leaked image of the back of the box of Studio Series 38 Bumblebee movie Optimus Prime (1999935)
Posted by noctorro on December 20th, 2018 @ 1:09am CST
hausjam wrote:Everyone who likes to call the transformers movies garbage films; you are garbage jerks. It's one thing to say you don't like a film. Even that you hated it. That's cool. No problem. But to call a movie garbage, a movie that many, many people thought was okay (even if they didn't love it) and that many, many people worked very hard to create, is to be a world class scumbag. You are saying we like garbage. And that's just an arrogant, horrible, sanctimonious thing to say. You are presuming you know what's best for everyone. You do not. And you never, ever will.

But since we are doing that, fine. This Optimus Prime, as designed for Bumblebee; is just a garbage design. It's a very hastily modeled Frankenstein. It takes the G1 incarnation, which was originally drawn in a simplified form (for obvious reasons) and adds a lot of exaggerated details that are out of place, and logistically ridiculous. (Truck windows on a Cybertronian was fine on a cartoon made for 8 year olds.) If you are a fan of this design, then you are a simpleton who has no sense of aesthetics and is easily placated by nostalgic nonsense.

And as for the toy, it looks every bit as cheap and clunky as its wave-mates. Will it feel as cheap? I don't know. But I am not Optimistic. If Hasbro wants to keep marketing overpriced kids toys to collectors, they should be eternally grateful to those of you who are indeed placated by nostalgic nonsense.

Wow, the irony is amazing here.

Bayformers = not fair to say garbage
Transformers original inspired Optimus Prime for a live action movie toy = garbage

.... but then I read the other part, so no irony here, sorry bad internet trigger habbit.

People say the Bayformers are garbage, most of them are just making their whole review summed up in 1 word. The Transformers movies are objectively bad.

Anyway Ontopic!

He looks cool! Agree he looks like some heavy retool of Siege Optimus (love that guy).
I really think Mr. Knight did a lot of doing things his way and how he wants his movie to be. (if you've seen the Bumblebee movie, you know what I'm talking about)
And it looks like Hasbro wasn't prepared for that, otherwhise why would we have Bayformer Optimus in the toyshelves now in the Bumblebee line? Not even Space Knight Optimus, just regular Movie 1 Optimus with his Nitro thing.

Love it man, hope they make everybody from Cybertron! (Still can't believe how awesome the movie is)
Re: Leaked image of the back of the box of Studio Series 38 Bumblebee movie Optimus Prime (1999936)
Posted by .... on December 20th, 2018 @ 1:22am CST
Fuck, these last couple of days on Facebook and everywhere else Transformery I am on have been a nightmare of complaining 40-year-olds. OPTIONS! OPTIONS ARE GOOD! Shit, I can't believe the childish ways of the majority of this fandom. Maybe you guys need a couple dozen Optimuses released to get your mind off toys for a second and learn how life works.

People, put your feet in the shoes of Hasbro. YEARS we complained about not enough G1. Then they released G1 Prime in CW. "Not good enough. Too chunky."

Then Titans Return voyager and leader. "Not G1 enough. Gimmick too obtrusive. Colors suck. Plane mode sucks."

Then PotP. "Too big for most CHUG. Need a G1 voyager."

Siege brings a G1 voyager. "Good robot, weird alt mode."

They decide to reissue G1 vintage Optimus. "No trailer. Eh. I don't care."

Then because people liked the Cybertron design for Siege Magnus and thought it would make a good voyager Optimus, they figured a Cybertron Optimus homage was in order. "Who would like this? Not me, therefore nobody. Nope."

Then they release this FUCKING EPIC G1 movie design for Optimus. "TOO MANY OPTIMUS PRIMES! Ya all are RUINING THE FRANCHISE!" Get your HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES and realize if you don't like thing, DON'T FUCKING BUY THING! Fuck I need a break from fucking internet people..

Edit: Also take note how insulting you are as a fandom to those designers who you basically treat like slaves. If their hard work doesn't satisfy you, you insult them. If they work more to try and make something better or just REISSUE THE ORIGINAL essencially as a GIFT to the fandom as a bonus and unrelated to the main lines thing, you call them a bunch of G1 cock suckers. I love the brand, but am ASHAMED ofthis fandom.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Speedster Boulder Flip Racers Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Medix The Doc-Bot Figure Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Stealth Force Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Free Comic Book Day Doctor Who Power Rangers Transformers Avengers Marvel  Idw" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Salvage" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots  Brushfire and Salvage Recycling" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot Movie Jazz Ratchet Hot Shot Bumblebee Barricade" on EBAY