Transformers News: Leaked Image Of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Optimus Prime Alt Mode

Thursday, January 24th, 2019 9:48AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 21,108

For all those following the recent leaks of The rumored Leader Class Optimus Prime toy, you'll know that the only image left to see was Prime in alt mode...Well thanks to fellow Seibertron users, bacem and SuriviveFan32 we now have the alt mode to look at! This image was found being shared by the TransFans Facebook group, and we have mirrored it for you all below.

For comparisons sake, here is a similar picture of the original Cybertron Leader Class Optimus Prime that this new toy is based off.

Transformers Cybertron Optimus Prime (Galaxy Convoy) Gallery

While it looks like the toy won't be able to do the flight mode that the original toy could do due to lack of the necessary joint, it looks to do a brilliant job at emulating the now fourteen year old toy.

What do you think about this? Will you be picking up this Prime? Are you only choosing one Prime from this line or going for both? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Credit(s): Bacem and SurviveFan32 from Seibertron, TransFans Facebook Group

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Leaked Image Of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Optimus Prime Alt Mode (2006554)
Posted by mentre83 on January 24th, 2019 @ 9:58am CST
Once more, I gotta say that the Siege line is my favourite one from recent years. Despite the overall greatness of everything G1-related that came since Combiner Wars, this particular one will retain a special place in my heart.

To stay a little more in-topic, although the alt mode is a little "bricky", my real concern is the inner robot, that didn't seem all that great from the leaked pics... still, I'd pick it over the one without the trailer anytime, both because of the latter's rather generic alt mode and the lack of super mode.
Re: Leaked Image Of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Optimus Prime Alt Mode (2006556)
Posted by carytheone on January 24th, 2019 @ 10:01am CST
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Rainmaker wrote:Just wanted to mention that Pteraxadon's name is awesome.

Also a lot of Pterosaur related toy names lately.

Pteraxadon...Ptero...Pterry...

:MAXIMAL:

So what is it with the trickle feed teases all the time. They clearly have the box, why not drop the full image? Looks like a fun toy though.
They liked the way the Club used to drag out reveals?
I guess some people go for that?

I mean we'll see the full official reveal eventually, I just want it now! And holy hell is it an almost dead ringer for the toy it homages :shock:

mentre83 wrote:...although the alt mode is a little "bricky"...
Well this is a G1-ish line ;)
Re: Leaked Image Of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Optimus Prime Alt Mode (2006559)
Posted by william-james88 on January 24th, 2019 @ 10:05am CST
Seibertronian Rainmaker found the newest Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege several toys at Toyworld in Canberra, Australia. He found the wave 2 Battlemasters Pteraxadon and Aimless. They were also found by fellow Seibrtronian Drlockdown at another collectables store called Hobbyco. While these are the first global sightings for these toys, they are at collectable shops and not necessarily wide retail. Still, it means these are up and ready to go and can appear anywhere else at any moment.

If you find these toys in your area, or if there are other toys you wish to share with the community, you can post in our sightings forum or sighitngs section.

Rainmaker wrote:the two Battlemasters I saw were the wave 2 ones, Pteraxadon and Aimless
This image is not my own, I got it from Discord by an Australian user called DrLockdown. I am using it show proof of the wave 2 Battlemasters until I can get my own, he bought these at a store called Hobbyco which I had not have heard of until now. Pteraxadon and Aimless lie next to Lionizer.

Re: Leaked Image Of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Optimus Prime Alt Mode (2006560)
Posted by Overcracker on January 24th, 2019 @ 10:06am CST
If replicating Cybertron/Galaxy Force Prime/Convoy was their intent, they did an amazing job of that. This looks like what a Voyager version of the original figure could have been like back then. Kudos Hasbro. :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

I'm very much drawn to this figure.

Cybertron Prime has 2 front tires, so it would have made sense for this homage to have them too. Did they get removed due to budget constraints? Engineering issues? Both? Something else?

All in all, its looking very very nice. Can't wait for an actual review, and direct comparison with the original one.
Re: Leaked Image Of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Optimus Prime Alt Mode (2006561)
Posted by LE0KING on January 24th, 2019 @ 10:13am CST
Re: Leaked Image Of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Optimus Prime Alt Mode (2006563)
Posted by frogbat on January 24th, 2019 @ 10:41am CST
Think from what we've seen so far he's a great homage... however I'm suffering from Optimus prime fatigue and will skip him due to my g1 focus. I'm already getting UM a bit begrudgingly, so yeah at least it's 65 euro saved...
Re: Leaked Image Of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Optimus Prime Alt Mode (2006564)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on January 24th, 2019 @ 10:43am CST
LE0KING wrote:I can't find a complete version of the original under 100 bucks on eBay, so it looks like this is my only option. Good thing it looks pretty awesome.

You just have to wait for a while until you find a good offer. Just save the search for him on eBay and check every notification for new listings. Got mine the same way for about 50 bugs or even less complete and in (very) good condition ;)
But I have to add that I got mine here in Germany and the market/competition/fan base in here is a bit smaller.
Re: Leaked Image Of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Optimus Prime Alt Mode (2006565)
Posted by william-james88 on January 24th, 2019 @ 10:56am CST

Ebay is a place I would avoid for these toys. They are still recent enough that you can get better deals from local ads or local toy shows. I dont know exactly where you live, but ask in the meet ups/sightings thread if there are any shows in your area. That would be your best bet.

As for me, I remain indifferent on the toy. I feel its such a different kind of avenue for Hasbro. With g1, season 1 BW toys, BM, and Armada toys, there is a definite need for better toys. Which is why for G1 we have 2 lines heavily dedicated to better versions. But with Cybertron Prime, him being more modern, I get a very different feeling. I guess now I have a design I love that I can better pose, but even then the need isnt as strong. Cybertron Prime still feels like the definitive Cybertron Prime to me, does that make sense? I feel that for a few other toys that got redone recently like PMOP and Fort Max.

But say TR Trypticon, or most of TR (and most of MP), they feel like the definitive versions of those characters, at the moment.
Re: Leaked Image Of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Optimus Prime Alt Mode (2006566)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 24th, 2019 @ 11:21am CST
Overcracker wrote:Interesting enough is that both this guy and Magnus have a very conspicuous gap between the front tire and the rest of the truck. Almost as if a second front tire was meant to occupy that space.

I'm looking at UM right now. While there is a space for a wheel, there is literally nothing to attach it to. A post going all the way to the body would get in the way of the leg articulation.

I suspect they wanted to have 2 front tires initially in the sketch/design phase, but when it came to actually putting the transformation together, it wasn't workable. The only real option would be to have the extra wheels parts-form to the cab like the rest of the trailer/armor, but even that would be difficult without driving the parts count up.

So I'd go with both budget and engineering issues.
Re: Leaked Image Of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Optimus Prime Alt Mode (2006567)
Posted by LE0KING on January 24th, 2019 @ 11:28am CST
Lunatic Prime wrote:

That's good advice thank you.

Will; I understand completely. I was 12 when tf Cybertron originally aired. It's the first tf show I ever watched. My parents bought me what they could (mostly deluxes or scouts) but the big figures were out of their price range. So when thrilling 30 got me into collecting I started looking up unicron trilogy toys. I realized just how bad armada and energon toys were, but more importantly I saw how awesome the cybertron figures are.

In my personal opinion cybertron figures are better than just about anything we've gotten since (save t30 springer) and if there was ever a line that has held up it's that one.
So if they are going to remake unicron trilogy figures it should be figures from the two lines that don't have solid, articulated figures.
Re: Leaked Image Of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Optimus Prime Alt Mode (2006568)
Posted by Overcracker on January 24th, 2019 @ 11:46am CST
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

So I'd go with both budget and engineering issues.

I would only expect a peg or vestigial indication of a tire there if the decision to remove it was made almost into production.

Otherwise, anything that would have held a secondary tire there would have been removed earlier in the concept stage. Remember these guys go through several revisions before we get the final product.

I do agree, its likely an engineering issue related to clearance with the hip joints. Even having the tire swivel out of the hip area and remain hinged to the front tire and on the butt flap in robot mode to avoid clearance issues may have been deemed unsightly and a good way to reduce parts count and cost. At least 10 less parts considering swivel joints, pegs, tires and pins on each side.
Re: Leaked Image Of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Optimus Prime Alt Mode (2006570)
Posted by Albatross250 on January 24th, 2019 @ 12:02pm CST
Is Impactor an Autobot or a Decepticon? :CON: :BOT: :WRECKERS:

But i dig the Alt Mode, a pre-tool of Brunt i suppose?

Re: Leaked Image Of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Optimus Prime Alt Mode (2006571)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 24th, 2019 @ 12:06pm CST
Impactor is currently a mercenary fighting as a con, with Mirage trying to convert him to the Autobots. Also I think he's going to be a retool of Ironhide personally
Re: Leaked Image Of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Optimus Prime Alt Mode (2006577)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on January 24th, 2019 @ 12:17pm CST
My money is a Hound retool for Impactor. New front end, new hand, new head, and a new cannon and he's set
Re: Leaked Image Of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Optimus Prime Alt Mode (2006578)
Posted by carytheone on January 24th, 2019 @ 12:17pm CST
So I've been tinkering around with Skytread and a thought occurred to me. What if Transformers aren't forged after all :-?

Joking aside, he's a fun bot and makes me wish they would have done the same for Battletrap. Lots of fun to have the alt modes zipping around my desk then transform them mid movement and slam them together. I'm probably crazy or can't figure it out, but the two alt modes don't have any type of combined mode or clip together in anyway? My searches are coming up empty as well.
Re: Leaked Image Of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Optimus Prime Alt Mode (2006579)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on January 24th, 2019 @ 12:18pm CST
He could also be a new mold. So far, we have a majority of new molds with some retools, so I wouldn't be surprised if Impactor was a new mold. That said, regarding Cybertron Prime, I think he's a charming modern version of the original, not a definitive version, but more of an update. I might get him, if I don't get UM, considering I already have the CW Leader
Re: Leaked Image Of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Optimus Prime Alt Mode (2006580)
Posted by joevill on January 24th, 2019 @ 12:18pm CST
I'm totally going for both!!
Re: Leaked Image Of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Optimus Prime Alt Mode (2006581)
Posted by Cobotron on January 24th, 2019 @ 12:24pm CST
I don't see why Impactor wouldn't be an original new mold. He was the fan vote winner. I'd bet Hasbro will treat him as such. No fan vote winner has been a retool/repaint. (edit: Ok. Except Victorian. 8-} )

@Will - I feel you on your views on Cyb Prime. I felt the same with Op Op from PotP. Had they not done the Throne exclusive, I would have probably skipped him. For me Op Op needed no updating or replacing, but I love that he was available for fans who didn't have the original. Same with Cyb Prime.
For me, I've only ever had the Galaxy Force color scheme, and always kind of wanted the classic color scheme also. If nothing else though, this release would be a neat way for me to have my cake and eat it too. Plus it would be a new and different toy.
Re: Leaked Image Of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Optimus Prime Alt Mode (2006582)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on January 24th, 2019 @ 12:27pm CST
I have a feeling somewhere there are several Hasbro employees losing their minds. Over this Optimus leaks.
Re: Leaked Image Of Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Class Optimus Prime Alt Mode (2006584)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 24th, 2019 @ 12:36pm CST
Why did they color Optimus's front bumper pale gray instead of blue? That looks so shabby.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #217 - Toy Fair 2019
"Toy Fair 2019"
Posted: Monday, February 18th, 2019

Buy "Combiner Wars Ironhide Transformers Deluxe 2015 CW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Mirage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return BLOWPIPE & TRIGGERHAPPY New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return MONXO & WOLFWIRE figure boy toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Prowl Police Car Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Walgreens Exclusive Cloudraker and Wingspan MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class WOLFWIRE Weird Wolf Loose Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Skullsmasher Complete" on EBAY