Legends Big Powered previewed ahead of release at Wonder Festival 2019 Winter

Transformers News: Legends Big Powered previewed ahead of release at Wonder Festival 2019 Winter

Sunday, February 10th, 2019 4:02AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Emerje   Views: 15,531

We're a month away from the release of the Takara Tomy Mall exclusive Transformers Legends LG-EX Big Powered box set and it's making likely it's final live event appearance. Not only did the figures get a little display, but the real takeaway here is that we also got our very first look at the box art thanks to @brickonator on Twitter. Surprisingly they didn't seem to attempt to recreate the original box art or their positioning on the original box set. But the are is really nice as seen below.

The set, featuring a group of heavy Titans Return retools (more on that here), consists of Dai Atlas, Sonic Bomber, and Roadfire and will be released in March for 15,000 JPY. A photo of the display can be seen below from Twitter user @blackflameF50.

So, are you excited about Big Powered? Holding out for reviews? Or maybe you're still trying to figure out who these guys are? Sound off in the Energon Pub forums below!
Credit(s): @brickonator, @blackflamef50 on Twitter

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Legends Big Powered previewed ahead of release at Wonder Festival 2019 Winter (2009338)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 10th, 2019 @ 4:08am CST
I'm loving this line of LG-EX releases and the ideas behind them, now with Amarda Optimus Prime joining the ranks, will they do an idea that's been tossed around since combiner wars and do an Energon Prime update with transforming drones?
Re: Legends Big Powered previewed ahead of release at Wonder Festival 2019 Winter (2009341)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on February 10th, 2019 @ 4:24am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Lunatic Prime wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Looking at Star Convoy, the backpack does not appear to be formed from Armada Prime.

If you pay attention to the wheels in the backpack and look at how wide Armada Prime's wheels are you'll know for sure ;)

All you did was confirm it's not, as they're not the same width. :P

Anywho, consider Star Convoy a maybe. This continues the retooling of molds to make the later G1 Leaders like Dai Atlas. I wonder who's next.

That was my intention ;)
Re: Legends Big Powered previewed ahead of release at Wonder Festival 2019 Winter (2009344)
Posted by blackeyedprime on February 10th, 2019 @ 5:08am CST
Holding out to see starconvoys truck mode oterwise te encore release will do for me.

Big powered is going to be kind of dissapointing not having the three bots and the vehicle (6 figures) all in the box :P but looks nice and is definitely a buy.

Armada prime a deff, same with Blackarchnia but dreading the price and having to prioritise the possible Super7 Snake Mountain on top of all the rest of the beastwar MPS...Expensive year for sure.
Re: Legends Big Powered previewed ahead of release at Wonder Festival 2019 Winter (2009345)
Posted by Emerje on February 10th, 2019 @ 5:09am CST

Emerje
Re: Legends Big Powered previewed ahead of release at Wonder Festival 2019 Winter (2009355)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on February 10th, 2019 @ 5:39am CST
Emerje wrote:You know, it just occurred to me that Armada Prime is probably a heavy retool of PotP Rodimus Prime, at least the trailer anyway, since both feature a smaller figure changing legs into arms.

Emerje

It's possible they could share engineering, but I do not see any actual parts reused from Rodimus.
Re: Legends Big Powered previewed ahead of release at Wonder Festival 2019 Winter (2009381)
Posted by YoungPrime on February 10th, 2019 @ 8:10am CST
These "Big Power" figures look good for remolds but after just attempting to watch their show I couldn't get through half of it

The humans where are like little squealing rats.

Why the h3ll did they have to say "Transform" every 30 seconds?

Why are they able to slap around cape wearing Combiners and Citybots?

And why are Japan's versions all so goofy???!

......If I bought this set it would not regard this show in anyway. They'd be an Autobot faction similar to Wreckers and Dinobots and nowhere near as overpowered as they are in that show.
Re: Legends Big Powered previewed ahead of release at Wonder Festival 2019 Winter (2009389)
Posted by Overcracker on February 10th, 2019 @ 8:58am CST
Lunatic Prime wrote:

Yeah, that's kind of what I meant.

So it seems they are holding back the trailer and super mode for a future event or reveal.

In any case, think I can skip Star Convoy, and get an original or Encore release.

I'll wait for Armada though. He looks really nice.

It's strange the decided to go the route of separate figures, considering Armada Prime was a homage to Star Convoy. Long nose truck, treaded trailer, large robot that uses the trailer for legs...

Anyway, still love my Armada Prime to bits. Wish I had some space to display him.
Re: Legends Big Powered previewed ahead of release at Wonder Festival 2019 Winter (2009395)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on February 10th, 2019 @ 9:15am CST
Overcracker wrote:
Lunatic Prime wrote:

Yeah, that's kind of what I meant.

I guess they are holding him back for when they can show him in color.

And what about Armada Prime? I mean the mold will appear in SIEGE or at least at some point in the WfC trilogy.

@Overcracker I hope you will have time to make some more reviews. I really like them ;)
Re: Legends Big Powered previewed ahead of release at Wonder Festival 2019 Winter (2009408)
Posted by Overcracker on February 10th, 2019 @ 9:41am CST
Lunatic Prime wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
Lunatic Prime wrote:

Yeah, that's kind of what I meant.

I guess they are holding him back for when they can show him in color.

Not sure Hasbro is bringing ay of these Legends figures over. But we'll have to wait and see. The 20 years of Armada is coming up.

As to the reviews, yeah, haven't had time to do any more. I'll try to get back into the swing of things soon.
Re: Legends Big Powered previewed ahead of release at Wonder Festival 2019 Winter (2009424)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on February 10th, 2019 @ 10:40am CST
Overcracker wrote:
Lunatic Prime wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
Lunatic Prime wrote:

Yeah, that's kind of what I meant.

I guess they are holding him back for when they can show him in color.

Given this guys size, and about how big he would be in a (at this point hypothetical) super mode, it is entirely possible he could function as the Commander Class entry for next year. I certainly hope so.
Re: Legends Big Powered previewed ahead of release at Wonder Festival 2019 Winter (2009431)
Posted by Flashwave on February 10th, 2019 @ 11:14am CST
For a trio I know nothing about, those dudes look fantastic. I canceled my Pre-Order only because of money concerns, but I sure hope they are still around when they release.
Re: Legends Big Powered previewed ahead of release at Wonder Festival 2019 Winter (2009480)
Posted by Skritz on February 10th, 2019 @ 2:45pm CST
I was sold on these guys purely on looks alone, in spite of Zone being such a minor thing that even Japan mostly forgot about. Then again it help all three are retool of what I consider among the best molds Titan Return had to offer, so they're staying as pre-orders in spite of how much they cost.
Re: Legends Big Powered previewed ahead of release at Wonder Festival 2019 Winter (2009483)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 10th, 2019 @ 2:52pm CST

Emerje

"Innocent until proven guilty"

Let's hold off until we see the actual trailer. I don't see any reused parts tho, tho I will agree that Hot Rod and Armada Prime have similar steps for their bigger modes.
Re: Legends Big Powered previewed ahead of release at Wonder Festival 2019 Winter (2009488)
Posted by william-james88 on February 10th, 2019 @ 3:09pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Emerje

"Innocent until proven guilty"

INNOCENT

It turns out the arms for the super mode are already part of the smaller robot and not in the trailer.

Re: Legends Big Powered previewed ahead of release at Wonder Festival 2019 Winter (2009492)
Posted by Skritz on February 10th, 2019 @ 3:13pm CST
It's a good thing I don't care for Armada or else my wallet would be hurting. >:oP
Re: Legends Big Powered previewed ahead of release at Wonder Festival 2019 Winter (2009496)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 10th, 2019 @ 3:23pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Emerje

"Innocent until proven guilty"

INNOCENT

He was talking about the leg section alone, I dunno how they scale together, but I wouldn't be against it, anything is fine, so long as it's poseable
Re: Legends Big Powered previewed ahead of release at Wonder Festival 2019 Winter (2009497)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 10th, 2019 @ 3:26pm CST
Re: Legends Big Powered previewed ahead of release at Wonder Festival 2019 Winter (2009522)
Posted by Overcracker on February 10th, 2019 @ 5:27pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:On a related note, is there any anniversary for armada or micron legend that hasbro would release this for? is 15th coming up soon? I feel like TT developing this from scratch just 'cuz seems a bit over the top, and I feel hasbro would be missing out on not using it :-?

15th was in 2017, 20th is coming up in 2022.

We did get CW Armada Megs and TR Tidalwave if you want to count that as Hasbro Celebrating Armada in some way.

I think Takara has better plans for this. We might yet see an Encore release of Super Convoy.

I don't see Hasbro bringing over Armada Prime outside of maybe in the SELECTS line if at all.
Re: Legends Big Powered previewed ahead of release at Wonder Festival 2019 Winter (2009526)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 10th, 2019 @ 5:40pm CST
Overcracker wrote:

15th was in 2017, 20th is coming up in 2022.

If anything, figures retooled from standard assortment figures like Big Powered and Star Convoy stand a better chance as they fit better in Hasbro's Size Classes ("Battlestar Optimus Prime" anyone?). TakaraTomy figures made from scratch tend to fall outside given limits, but one can hope the designers have some foresight when it comes to that.
Re: Legends Big Powered previewed ahead of release at Wonder Festival 2019 Winter (2009527)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 10th, 2019 @ 5:41pm CST
The head of the smaller robot of star Convoy has been identified as an update to the original head of the G1 toy. Convoy evolves to star Convoy

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #217 - Toy Fair 2019
"Toy Fair 2019"
Posted: Monday, February 18th, 2019

Buy "Combiner Wars Ironhide Transformers Deluxe 2015 CW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Mirage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return BLOWPIPE & TRIGGERHAPPY New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return MONXO & WOLFWIRE figure boy toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Prowl Police Car Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Walgreens Exclusive Cloudraker and Wingspan MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class WOLFWIRE Weird Wolf Loose Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Skullsmasher Complete" on EBAY