Listing for Generations Special Edition Deluxe Counterpunch on Amazon

Transformers News: Listing for Generations Special Edition Deluxe Counterpunch on Amazon

Monday, February 19th, 2018 10:58PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 36,665

Amazon seems to be the hot spot for exclusives this year, or at least special edition toys. We already had listings for a Generations Blastoff and now Amazon.ca has a listing for an upcoming Deluxe Counterpunch toy.

Here are all the details given:

TRANSFORMERS E1864 Generations Special Edition Deluxe Counterpunch

Product Dimensions: 6.4 x 25.4 x 17.8 cm ; 4.54 Kg
Shipping Weight: 4.5 Kg
Item model number: E1864
ASIN: B077ZBCPDV

We do not know more than that. This is a very premature listing with stand in text but it is fun none the less. This is a character that has not had a release from Hasbro proper since G1. It is also interesting to note that the listing is only titled after the Counterpunch identity with no mention of Punch. He is said to be part of the Robots in Disguise line but that may be fill in text. We will write an update whenever we know more.

Credit(s): Amazon.ca
Re: Listing for Generations Special Edition Deluxe Counterpunch on Amazon (1940816)
Posted by RustedCross on February 19th, 2018 @ 11:04pm CST
Ok...I’m interested. We just need someone to leak pics now.
Re: Listing for Generations Special Edition Deluxe Counterpunch on Amazon (1940818)
Posted by TheForgottenTaxi on February 19th, 2018 @ 11:23pm CST
Hopefully it'll be good enough that I won't feel bad about missing out on that TFCC one years ago!
Re: Listing for Generations Special Edition Deluxe Counterpunch on Amazon (1940832)
Posted by Rated X on February 20th, 2018 @ 12:14am CST
Re: Listing for Generations Special Edition Deluxe Counterpunch on Amazon (1940833)
Posted by Emerje on February 20th, 2018 @ 12:23am CST
Yeah, that does appear to be a generic description lifted off something else. The use of Generations in the title should be Prime Wars-based. I really hope it's a Titans Return figure with two Titan Masters sort of like the TRU sets. Not sure who would make a good body, though. Chromedome seems like an obvious choice, but not great, same with Hot Rod.

Emerje
Re: Listing for Generations Special Edition Deluxe Counterpunch on Amazon (1940837)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 20th, 2018 @ 1:36am CST
The item number, aka Hasbro Product Code (E1864) falls in the same general area as Blast Off (E1796), that seems promising. The certainty can be increased once Deluxe Repugnus' code is known. I wouldn't worry about it being Robots in Disguise 2015, as that line should be considered over, finished.

Worst case scenario, it's that CW Wheeljack retool first released by the Club, as the head is built-in (i.e. not a Club-original head!).
Re: Listing for Generations Special Edition Deluxe Counterpunch on Amazon (1940857)
Posted by ScottyP on February 20th, 2018 @ 6:58am CST
Rated X wrote:I rather have Punch.
There is no Punch...
Re: Listing for Generations Special Edition Deluxe Counterpunch on Amazon (1940861)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 20th, 2018 @ 7:17am CST
Curiouser and curiouser...
Re: Listing for Generations Special Edition Deluxe Counterpunch on Amazon (1940867)
Posted by steals_your_goats on February 20th, 2018 @ 7:36am CST
Re: Listing for Generations Special Edition Deluxe Counterpunch on Amazon (1940869)
Posted by TheForgottenTaxi on February 20th, 2018 @ 7:39am CST
Rated X wrote:I rather have Punch. We just got Counterpunch in the last TFCC Subscription series. I got the old one too, so it would be nice to have a stand alone Punch to display next to Counterpunch and then put the spy version in another display.

It literally did not occur to me that you could do just Punch or just Counterpunch. What would be the bloody point?
Re: Listing for Generations Special Edition Deluxe Counterpunch on Amazon (1940874)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 20th, 2018 @ 8:11am CST
steals_your_goats wrote:I really hope this isn't the same as the TFSS one. I have no reason to believe that it will be, but I can't think of another mold that could be used.
Then, maybe... a new mold?
Re: Listing for Generations Special Edition Deluxe Counterpunch on Amazon (1940875)
Posted by Caelus on February 20th, 2018 @ 8:12am CST
I would almost put down money on it being a repaint of Chromedome with two Titan Masters (likely named "Counter" and "Punch").
Re: Listing for Generations Special Edition Deluxe Counterpunch on Amazon (1940878)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on February 20th, 2018 @ 8:24am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Then, maybe... a new mold?

Well since I think the Counterpunch TFSS one sold out, it seems likely it's not that one, but I doubt it would be a new mold. Maybe some new parts.
It would have made more sense to mew to have done Punch instead though.
Re: Listing for Generations Special Edition Deluxe Counterpunch on Amazon (1940879)
Posted by steals_your_goats on February 20th, 2018 @ 8:24am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Then, maybe... a new mold?

I mean I hope so, I'm just trying to be realistic.
Re: Listing for Generations Special Edition Deluxe Counterpunch on Amazon (1940894)
Posted by william-james88 on February 20th, 2018 @ 8:47am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote: The certainty can be increased once Deluxe Repugnus' code is known.

E1797
Re: Listing for Generations Special Edition Deluxe Counterpunch on Amazon (1940943)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 20th, 2018 @ 12:22pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

E1797

Thanks, that's exactly after Blast Off, meaning they'll be released at the same time.

Sabrblade wrote:
Then, maybe... a new mold?

A "Partial Tool" (what we would call "part-sharer") as expected best, given its exclusive nature and using Grotusque as an example of precedent. Jazz is a possibility given his retool, if any, is unknown (even if he reuses CW Drag Strip's wheels and Combiner Peg), and Moonracer, well... The point is he'll more than likely be a combiner given the Deluxe's gimmick for PotP.

Anything is possible, but expect anything from the CW Wheeljack pretool, to a retool of Jazz I'd say.
Re: Listing for Generations Special Edition Deluxe Counterpunch on Amazon (1941014)
Posted by Counterpunch on February 20th, 2018 @ 3:04pm CST
ScottyP wrote:
Rated X wrote:I rather have Punch.
There is no Punch...

He's right.

I've been telling you all for years.

There is only ME_Counterpunch!
Re: Listing for Generations Special Edition Deluxe Counterpunch on Amazon (1941037)
Posted by Rysquad on February 20th, 2018 @ 4:59pm CST
Watch it just be based on PotP Jazz.
Re: Listing for Generations Special Edition Deluxe Counterpunch on Amazon (1941066)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 20th, 2018 @ 7:29pm CST
Looking forward to whatever this is! Still want a proper Punch/Counterpunch though
Re: Listing for Generations Special Edition Deluxe Counterpunch on Amazon (1941097)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on February 20th, 2018 @ 9:06pm CST
Re: Listing for Generations Special Edition Deluxe Counterpunch on Amazon (1941117)
Posted by Counterpunch on February 20th, 2018 @ 10:09pm CST
Wireless_Phantom wrote:I really hope they do this right. I've been waiting years for a proper punch-counterpunch. For those worried about him just being Counterpunch, he's likely just called that for trademark reasons.

No one's needs Punch when you've got a hot heaping helping of Counterpunch.

I'm pretty sure that's even in the footnotes of the forum rules.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

Buy "Transformers G2 Motormouth Generation 2 GO-BOTS SEALED ON CARD MOC MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Motormouth Vintage Transformers Generation 2 G2 Go-Bots MOC Figure Car 1994 New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Mirage Generation 2 GO-BOTS SEALED ON CARD MOC MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS 'SIDESWIPE' SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON TRILOGY" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Deluxe Sideswipe Hound Skytread Cog Set 4" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 OPTIMUS PRIME vintage cab w Roller lot Autobots" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Sixshot     Reformatted Terminus Hexatron     KO Version." on EBAY
Buy "Blue Roller for Optimus Prime Rig Transformers G1 Autobot" on EBAY