Listing for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Starscream Among Latest Takara Listings

Transformers News: Listing for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Starscream Among Latest Takara Listings

Friday, March 20th, 2020 8:13am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 18,427

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

While we have had a rumour of Transformers MPM 10 Starsrcream for almost TWO years now, we now have an actual listing and release date.

The listing, among many others, was posted on Loopaza Mega Store's Facebook page. It will be coming out in September 2020 and the price is 20000 Yen (so around $180 USD) but remember that retail prices in Japan are usually at 20-30% less than the SRP, reflecting the usual US price.

The other listings are for upcoming Studio Series figures and all the Walmart Netflix series exclusives. So Japan will be getting these too, and they do not seem to be exclusives there so international fans who do not have Walmarts could possibly order from Amazon Japan or other Japanese outlets to get these.

Transformers News: Listing for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Starscream Among Latest Takara Listings

Credit(s): Loopaza


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Listing for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Starscream Among Latest Takara Listings (2057234)
Posted by Ironhidensh on March 20th, 2020 @ 8:17am CDT
Hell fucking yes!
Re: Listing for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Starscream Among Latest Takara Listings (2057239)
Posted by Saminus9000 on March 20th, 2020 @ 9:29am CDT
The rumor behind Starscream dates all the way back to October 2017 before barricade was even revealed.
Re: Listing for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Starscream Among Latest Takara Listings (2057250)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 20th, 2020 @ 12:24pm CDT
YES!

MPM Starscream at last!
I expected him to be as pricey as Megatron because he'll surely be as big.
This MOFO will be sure to be preordered.
Re: Listing for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Starscream Among Latest Takara Listings (2057252)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on March 20th, 2020 @ 12:52pm CDT
Awesome! I can’t wait to see what it looks like, and with a September release date we should be seeing it pretty soon!

What accessories do you all think it’ll include?
Re: Listing for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Starscream Among Latest Takara Listings (2057253)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on March 20th, 2020 @ 1:00pm CDT
The launcher and the saw, presumably.

I wonder if they'll fix the numbering now that they have real MP versions of both Bumblebee and Starscream
Re: Listing for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Starscream Among Latest Takara Listings (2057254)
Posted by TulioDude on March 20th, 2020 @ 1:04pm CDT
Great news!
Re: Listing for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Starscream Among Latest Takara Listings (2057259)
Posted by Tuned Agent on March 20th, 2020 @ 1:54pm CDT
Exciting! I'm looking forward to seeing how this stacks up to the RotF leader. From everything I've heard, that figure was fantastic.
Re: Listing for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Starscream Among Latest Takara Listings (2057260)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on March 20th, 2020 @ 2:11pm CDT
Tuned Agent wrote:Exciting! I'm looking forward to seeing how this stacks up to the RotF leader. From everything I've heard, that figure was fantastic.
It is, even when headless
Re: Listing for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Starscream Among Latest Takara Listings (2057261)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 20th, 2020 @ 2:13pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:I wonder if they'll fix the numbering now that they have real MP versions of both Bumblebee and Starscream


I don't see them changing the numbering, despite the 2010 Battle Ops and Leader having "replacements" now. They didn't for the G1 line, right?
Re: Listing for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Starscream Among Latest Takara Listings (2057263)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on March 20th, 2020 @ 2:17pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:I wonder if they'll fix the numbering now that they have real MP versions of both Bumblebee and Starscream


I don't see them changing the numbering, despite the 2010 Battle Ops and Leader having "replacements" now. They didn't for the G1 line, right?
The difference is, all the G1 MPs are molds actually made for the MP line.
Re: Listing for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Starscream Among Latest Takara Listings (2057266)
Posted by Bucky on March 20th, 2020 @ 2:23pm CDT
This is immensely exciting news! Apart from MPM Ironhide, which was a mostly okay figure, and from everything I’ve heard about MPM Optimus, none of which was good, the MP movie line has been stellar so far. That might make it the very definition of “hit or miss,” but there’s been way more hits than misses. I do still need to pick up Megatron, but I haven’t heard anything remotely negative about his toy.

And considering what they’ve already done with Leader Starscream, nearly a decade ago, I’m pretty pumped to see what they’re able to do with his character now.

The sheer quality that they’ve put into each figure in the MPM line thus far is staggering. Especially when you consider that they haven’t done any reprints, to get more use out of each individual mold.
Re: Listing for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Starscream Among Latest Takara Listings (2057267)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 20th, 2020 @ 2:24pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:I wonder if they'll fix the numbering now that they have real MP versions of both Bumblebee and Starscream


I don't see them changing the numbering, despite the 2010 Battle Ops and Leader having "replacements" now. They didn't for the G1 line, right?
The difference is, all the G1 MPs are molds actually made for the MP line.


True, but that shouldn't matter in logistics, plus there's that both weren't released in Japan as is. Besides, it's a pretty bad idea to change ID tags that people rely on, especially past ones.
Re: Listing for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Starscream Among Latest Takara Listings (2057294)
Posted by Aladar on March 20th, 2020 @ 5:08pm CDT
Looking forward to mpm screamer especially with how good jazz looks
Re: Listing for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Starscream Among Latest Takara Listings (2057340)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 20th, 2020 @ 9:59pm CDT
I am ready for this, exciting news!

i'm hoping he has the saw, the minigun, and the missiles. I don't think he really needs anything more than that
Re: Listing for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Starscream Among Latest Takara Listings (2057358)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 21st, 2020 @ 6:28am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I am ready for this, exciting news!

i'm hoping he has the saw, the minigun, and the missiles. I don't think he really needs anything more than that


Maybe a Sam minifig with the missile-stuck-in-eye alternate face?
Re: Listing for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Starscream Among Latest Takara Listings (2057372)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on March 21st, 2020 @ 12:49pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I am ready for this, exciting news!

i'm hoping he has the saw, the minigun, and the missiles. I don't think he really needs anything more than that


Maybe a Sam minifig with the missile-stuck-in-eye alternate face?
Would only really work for a DOTM version of Screamer.
Re: Listing for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Starscream Among Latest Takara Listings (2057373)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 21st, 2020 @ 12:55pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Would only really work for a DOTM version of Screamer.


If memory serves, DOTM and ROTF Screamer have the same deco.
If MPM Starscream go for the 2007 clean look, I expect the camo repaint to be a given. Then, the "death" accessories could be included.
Re: Listing for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Starscream Among Latest Takara Listings (2057375)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on March 21st, 2020 @ 1:12pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Would only really work for a DOTM version of Screamer.


If memory serves, DOTM and ROTF Screamer have the same deco.
If MPM Starscream go for the 2007 clean look, I expect the camo repaint to be a given. Then, the "death" accessories could be included.
Apparently in DotM some of his tattoos are covered up.

Also, laughing at you referring to the brazenly-displayed Cybertronian tattoos as "camo" :lol:
Re: Listing for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Starscream Among Latest Takara Listings (2057376)
Posted by william-james88 on March 21st, 2020 @ 1:37pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Would only really work for a DOTM version of Screamer.


If memory serves, DOTM and ROTF Screamer have the same deco.
If MPM Starscream go for the 2007 clean look, I expect the camo repaint to be a given. Then, the "death" accessories could be included.
Apparently in DotM some of his tattoos are covered up.

Also, laughing at you referring to the brazenly-displayed Cybertronian tattoos as "camo" :lol:


Nothing to laugh at https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dazzle_camouflage
Re: Listing for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Starscream Among Latest Takara Listings (2057378)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on March 21st, 2020 @ 2:55pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Would only really work for a DOTM version of Screamer.


If memory serves, DOTM and ROTF Screamer have the same deco.
If MPM Starscream go for the 2007 clean look, I expect the camo repaint to be a given. Then, the "death" accessories could be included.
Apparently in DotM some of his tattoos are covered up.

Also, laughing at you referring to the brazenly-displayed Cybertronian tattoos as "camo" :lol:


Nothing to laugh at https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dazzle_camouflage
Yes it is. 1. Dazzle camouflage has colorful aspects to it to enable the disruption; Starscream's tattoos do not, and cause no such disruption. 2. The tattoos aren't supposed to be camouflage at all; they're Starscream basically writing "I'm an alien warrior robot, you puny insects!" all over himself as part of the Decepticons' "We're not hiding ourselves any more" attitude during ROTF :P

The F-22's unadulterated livery, now, that's actually camouflage.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Streetwise Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #245 - On a Boat
Twincast / Podcast #245:
"On a Boat"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 4th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "2013 Transformers G1 Optimus Prime XL 8" Vinyl Figure Loyal Subjects Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS AUTOBOT WHIRL 30TH ANNIVERSARY 2014 Sealed Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Siege War for Cybertron Deluxe Class, Ratchet  (Exclusive)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AoE Drift Hasbro TF4 Age of Extinction Autobot Voyager Class MISB" on EBAY
Buy "G1 TRANSFORMERS 1985 HELICOPTER WHIRL PHOTON BEAM RIFLE GUN PART ACCESSORY GEN 1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Lot of 32 Arcee Roadbuster Chromia More" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Whirl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition AOE Silver Knight Optimus Prime Leader 100% Comp" on EBAY