Listing Found for Masterpiece Grimlock in Canadian TRU Computers

Listing Found for Masterpiece Grimlock in Canadian TRU Computers

Wednesday, March 17th, 2010 12:36pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 24,373

Virtually confirming a Canadian release of the figure showcased at this year's New York Toy Fair, Masterpiece Grimlock has been listed in Canadian Toys R Us computers. No new release info beyond that his price for Canadians will be $69.99. To view the post from Cybertron.CA, click here.

Be sure to check out everything you might have missed from our Toy Fair gallery here.

Credit(s): Madjester, Cybertron.CA

Re: Listing Found for Masterpiece Grimlock in Canadian TRU Computers (1055275)
Posted by Nekoman on March 17th, 2010 @ 12:40pm CDT
Re: Listing Found for Masterpiece Grimlock in Canadian TRU Computers (1055282)
Posted by ang3l3s on March 17th, 2010 @ 12:47pm CDT
I might have to buy both of them now as i see this pic.
Re: Listing Found for Masterpiece Grimlock in Canadian TRU Computers (1055290)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 17th, 2010 @ 1:18pm CDT
Holy crap, that's even more than Skywarp was! :shock: Oh well, I already have the Takara one. ;) Awesome news though. This could also mean that like Skywarp, Canada might see Grimlock first. :D

Edit: TRU? Does this mean Hasbro's alternating stores for exclusives, or it's getting a general release?
Re: Listing Found for Masterpiece Grimlock in Canadian TRU Computers (1055307)
Posted by Blurrz on March 17th, 2010 @ 2:09pm CDT
Me Grimlock no bozo.. me Grimlock Canadian!
Re: Listing Found for Masterpiece Grimlock in Canadian TRU Computers (1055310)
Posted by DecepticonKing86 on March 17th, 2010 @ 2:14pm CDT
I can't wait til he comes to the States. I really hope they won't use the cheesy Hasbro packaging like they did with Skywarp.
Re: Listing Found for Masterpiece Grimlock in Canadian TRU Computers (1055312)
Posted by --B-- on March 17th, 2010 @ 2:14pm CDT
Nekoman wrote:Maybe he'll be ten or so dollars cheaper over here in the US (Not that I think he should be, just that I rather he didn't cost me $70). |:|

Agreed. $49.99 for Skywarp was fine, but $70 is pushing it, and I don't think I could resist once I see it. Trying to hold off for it to potentially drop in price on clearance would be almost impossible.
Re: Listing Found for Masterpiece Grimlock in Canadian TRU Computers (1055315)
Posted by mechabooks on March 17th, 2010 @ 2:18pm CDT
Re: Listing Found for Masterpiece Grimlock in Canadian TRU Computers (1055319)
Posted by Blurrz on March 17th, 2010 @ 2:28pm CDT
Re: Listing Found for Masterpiece Grimlock in Canadian TRU Computers (1055328)
Posted by trunks6728 on March 17th, 2010 @ 2:54pm CDT
If you are refering to the one released by takara. it is because the price is jacked up because over seas knows the U.S wants most of them and the people over here that order it from them sell it at what most seem to be willing to pay for it. They mark em up of course. look at sky lynx, when he first came out it was 80 dollars plus shipping now he is down to 49 plus shipping. i am happy we are getting a blaster reissue and hope to get more as even though i am not a fan of hasbro, i am not a fan of paying double what they things sell for by buying them off ebay or other transformers stores. skywarp was orginaly 60 at walmart, he got clearanced, i bought him for 30 but i would of paid 60.

Starscream wwas 50 at walmart

grimlock should be 50 or 60 at tru which is a great price and just like everything else my ass will be snagging that.
Re: Listing Found for Masterpiece Grimlock in Canadian TRU Computers (1055330)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on March 17th, 2010 @ 3:02pm CDT
mechabooks wrote:My question is: Why is this version so much cheaper than he originally was? Does it have less items with it? Made of cheaper materials? Why? I'm especially interested because I shelled out for the Mp-08X.

It mainly has to do with import costs. The Takara releases are always more expensive for the US because the resellers have to pay more to get them from overseas.

I'm stoked for this release. I have the Takara one in Dino mode. I'll keep this one in Robot Mode. My guess is it's going to be $60 - $70 being that it's a TRU exclusive. They are usually a bit more than walmart or target on their exclusives.
Re: Listing Found for Masterpiece Grimlock in Canadian TRU Computers (1055334)
Posted by mechabooks on March 17th, 2010 @ 3:22pm CDT
Bah...who am I kidding? I'm going to end up getting it anyway. This one will stay in Dino-mode though.
Re: Listing Found for Masterpiece Grimlock in Canadian TRU Computers (1055352)
Posted by Rated X on March 17th, 2010 @ 4:26pm CDT
When will it hit the USA ???
Re: Listing Found for Masterpiece Grimlock in Canadian TRU Computers (1055366)
Posted by Nekoman on March 17th, 2010 @ 5:26pm CDT
Rated X wrote:When will it hit the USA ???

Probably sometime after August.
Re: Listing Found for Masterpiece Grimlock in Canadian TRU Computers (1055416)
Posted by Naked Magnus on March 17th, 2010 @ 7:41pm CDT
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:

I have MP-08 but not MP-08X. Part of the reason MP-08X is more expensive is virtually the entire thing is painted. With the MP-08 release, the large sections of gray that make up the outer shell aren't painted silver. Rather, it is just gray plastic. On MP-08X these sections are painted silver. It looks really cool, but just not worth the extra $150 to me.

I can only assume that the Hasbro release will use just gray and unpainted plastic.
Re: Listing Found for Masterpiece Grimlock in Canadian TRU Computers (1055418)
Posted by Blurrz on March 17th, 2010 @ 7:48pm CDT
Does chrome truly change the cost of a figure? I still think this is a straight up version of MP-08X for us folks under Hasbro's domain.
Re: Listing Found for Masterpiece Grimlock in Canadian TRU Computers (1055449)
Posted by Kibble on March 17th, 2010 @ 10:02pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:Just 'cause he's $70 in my country, and our dollars are about the same, doesn't mean he'll be $70 in the US. It'll be much cheaper by $20 atleast.

Not necessarily. The retail for Skywarp was actually $60 in the US originally. TRU is generally more expensive, especially when it comes to their exclusives. $70 wouldn't surprise me. And whatever the cost, don't hold your breath waiting for it to hit clearance...TRU takes forever and a half to do that, if ever...especially with their exclusives. Still waiting for Countdown to be marked down and won't be surprised if it doesn't happen at all.

PS...for something most of us paid twice that for, $70 doesn't seem bad at all. Curious as to how the mold itself will differ, too...if it'll have the same death sharp, die-cast claws or any other difference other than the accessories (ie the crown.)
Re: Listing Found for Masterpiece Grimlock in Canadian TRU Computers (1055497)
Posted by GEEWUN on March 18th, 2010 @ 6:07am CDT
This Lil' Booger needs to come to the States over the summer :lol: #-o :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Listing Found for Masterpiece Grimlock in Canadian TRU Computers (1055502)
Posted by GEEWUN on March 18th, 2010 @ 6:24am CDT
But in all seriousness. I hope he comes out in late summer because my masterpiece optimus is being shipped and my parents (I am under 14) start giving me the angry eye when I buy more than 2 transformers in a month...... (My parents hate transformers, haven't yet figured out why yet)
Re: Listing Found for Masterpiece Grimlock in Canadian TRU Computers (1055506)
Posted by munkimus prime on March 18th, 2010 @ 6:41am CDT
Canada Gets it that may meen the UK may get it as well. 8-} ROFL

God I'm funny. How about the UK may get it sometime in 2015. :-x
Re: Listing Found for Masterpiece Grimlock in Canadian TRU Computers (1055511)
Posted by nemesis-prime on March 18th, 2010 @ 7:00am CDT
Cool I can aford $150 so this will do

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Decepticon SHOCKWAVE  Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Action Attackers: Ultra Class Slipstream Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime & Generations Selects Hot Shot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botbots Series 1 - Burgertron, Poo Sham & Sticky McGee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Pime Talking BUMBLEBEE Beast Hunters LOOSE Action Figure HTF 2013" on EBAY
Buy "WB Hasbro Collectibles - Transformers Generations Selects Hot Shot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Lot of 7 DINOBOT HOT SHOT CHEETOR RATCHET Complete! + MORE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Mega Mighties "Hot Shot"  Action Figure" on EBAY