Listing Found for Transformers Generations Selects Redwing

Listing Found for Transformers Generations Selects Redwing

Wednesday, May 1st, 2019 8:14pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 39,663

Do you guys like the Siege Starscream mold? Well here's hoping you do because you are gonna get quite a bit of it. Not only are we getting a Thundercracker and a Skywarp but we are also getting a Redwing, according to this listing from everest wholesale. We thank Jtprime17 for bringing it to our attention. We already had an idea he would be coming since his name was mistakenly inserted in the listing for Hero Megatron. That is why we are assuming it will be a voyager using a Siege mold and part of the Selects line. Speaking of which, the deluxes have been shipping out from various retailers and it seems that while these are exclusive items, their quality is at best around par with standard retail toys. This further adds to the idea that the Selects line is more a line to have fun decos that would not make it to standard retail and not truly indicative of a premium quality outside of that.

The Hasbro product code for Redwing is E5474.

Transformers News: Listing Found for Transformers Generations Selects Redwing

Re: Listing Found for Transformers Generations Selects Redwing (2020292)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on May 1st, 2019 @ 8:41pm CDT
Awesome...a new seeker well at least new to me and a new mold. I'm passing up on Starscream and company but Redwing would be a nice addition...'nuff said! :VEHI:
Re: Listing Found for Transformers Generations Selects Redwing (2020293)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 1st, 2019 @ 9:02pm CDT
Re: Listing Found for Transformers Generations Selects Redwing (2020294)
Posted by carytheone on May 1st, 2019 @ 9:09pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Ya know, I think I'm gonna pass on Thundercracker too, and just get Redwing and Skywarp. I'm glad we are getting a new seeker too, at least to the general public.
I'm a sucka for the og trio of seekers, so I'm all in for blue guy and purple guy, but if red guy looks anything like this...

...then I'm very much in ;)^
Re: Listing Found for Transformers Generations Selects Redwing (2020299)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 1st, 2019 @ 11:12pm CDT
Hasbro, you have my full permission to give us Sunstorm, Hotlink, Bitstream, Nacelle, Acid Storm, Nova Storm, and Ion Storm through the Generations Selects line. I will gleefully buy them all!
Re: Listing Found for Transformers Generations Selects Redwing (2020300)
Posted by Emerje on May 1st, 2019 @ 11:53pm CDT
Been playing around with Siege Prowl and now I'm really looking forward to Smokescreen. The transformation is so satisfying and quick despite having a good amount of complexity to it. The car mode is amazingly compact with everything fitting inside. That car is also super sleek in contrast to all the greeble we've seen on most figures in the line. My one complaint is that the feet are very "Alternators" making the mold look like it's standing on its toes, would have been better if the wheels folder underneath instead, but then they wouldn't have had the G1 wheel feet look. Mine also has gummy shoulders, but they seem to be loosening up.

I can't wait to have the rest of his mold mates, even Barricade. I do hope they fix Smokescreen's numbers, but at least he got his side tampographs, unlike Prowl who could really use his side badges.

I'm glad Redwing is finally happening, now if only I could find a Starscream locally. I'll probably end up getting one off Amazon instead.

Emerje
Re: Listing Found for Transformers Generations Selects Redwing (2020303)
Posted by leokearon on May 2nd, 2019 @ 2:34am CDT
Cool seeing Redwing, hopefully Sunstorm will be done in the future. Especially as the mold is fun to Digibash
Re: Listing Found for Transformers Generations Selects Redwing (2020307)
Posted by frogbat on May 2nd, 2019 @ 5:50am CDT
still waiting on star scream to come my way.

These select figures are the same price as the standard voyagers right (besides those packaged with extras)? Just exclusive to some retailers?

Alas I'm penny pinching with this line even though I'm loving it, the repaints will be minimal in my collection. If these were deluxe...
Re: Listing Found for Transformers Generations Selects Redwing (2020309)
Posted by william-james88 on May 2nd, 2019 @ 6:34am CDT
frogbat wrote:still waiting on star scream to come my way.

Re: Listing Found for Transformers Generations Selects Redwing (2020312)
Posted by MeGrimlock78 on May 2nd, 2019 @ 8:38am CDT

Transformers - Generations Selects Ricochet (24) *New/F19*
Transformers - Generations Selects Redwing (24) *New/F19*

True, the Megatron listing is also the same format...just find it really odd Swoop isn't listed...
Re: Listing Found for Transformers Generations Selects Redwing (2020315)
Posted by frogbat on May 2nd, 2019 @ 9:43am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Yup, same price just exclusive to some retailers. And none of the selects come packaged with extras.

Cheers was thinking of the new Skywarp battle pack set - for some reason thought it fell in with the select imprint.
Re: Listing Found for Transformers Generations Selects Redwing (2020316)
Posted by Black Hat on May 2nd, 2019 @ 10:07am CDT
Re: Listing Found for Transformers Generations Selects Redwing (2020318)
Posted by Jtprime17 on May 2nd, 2019 @ 11:29am CDT
MeGrimlock78 wrote:Are we sure this IS Redwing? Everest also has Selects Megatron and Ricochet listed, but no Swoop. Red Swoop isn't far off from Red Wing, and the listing desciptions are close:

Transformers - Generations Selects Ricochet (24) *New/F19*
Transformers - Generations Selects Redwing (24) *New/F19*

They have diffrent Hasbro product codes, So they are most certainly diffrent figures. They probably just don't have Red Swoop listed.

Red Swoop is E6720

Redwing is E5474
Re: Listing Found for Transformers Generations Selects Redwing (2020322)
Posted by PushYouDown on May 2nd, 2019 @ 12:58pm CDT
I have no connection to this character... I'd honestly prefer they do a conehead instead....

Which.. I know the Siege Starscream mold doesn't necessarily work for Thrust, Dirge...the other one(?) but I'd like to see how they'd do it.
Re: Listing Found for Transformers Generations Selects Redwing (2020323)
Posted by Stargrave on May 2nd, 2019 @ 1:07pm CDT
Random: I love Prowl too - his proportions are odd but I love his quirkyness Six Gun’s black rifles on His shoulders are the best I can mock up his shoulder rockets.

A little extra yellow on the pecs of that Seeker mold and that could almost be an Armada Starscream motif.
Re: Listing Found for Transformers Generations Selects Redwing (2020328)
Posted by william-james88 on May 2nd, 2019 @ 1:34pm CDT
frogbat wrote:

Its beyond confusing. But the main distinction is that the ones in the actual siege line are meant to accompany that line (like add more characters that go with the others released) while this selects line is giving fans decos that they probably would never get in a main line, something more along the lines of the Transformers Club and toys not meant to be in the same continuity/story as the actual War for Cybertron Trilogy.
Re: Listing Found for Transformers Generations Selects Redwing (2020329)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 2nd, 2019 @ 1:37pm CDT
Black Hat wrote:I might actually buy this. I want my "important" Seekers to be Earth jets but I do want a version of this mold- an expendable "literally who?" generic seems the perfect candidate. Plus those colours are tasty.

The great thing about using the Siege Seeker mold for the likes of Sunstorm, Bitstream, Hotlink, Nacelle, Acid Storm, Nova Storm, or Ion Storm, is that they have only been seen in the original cartoon on Cybertron, so it makes perfect sense for them to have their tetra jet alt modes. Somewhere down the line, we may get another redo of the Starscream, Thundercarcker, and Skywarp trio as Earth-based jets again, but we won't have to have those molds repainted a dozen times over if they stick with the Siege tetra jets for those "Cybertron only" characters instead.
Re: Listing Found for Transformers Generations Selects Redwing (2020336)
Posted by Black Hat on May 2nd, 2019 @ 1:48pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:

My thoughts exactly. ;)^
Re: Listing Found for Transformers Generations Selects Redwing (2020369)
Posted by Node on May 2nd, 2019 @ 5:39pm CDT
I'll have to buy two. One for the shelf, one to eat. I NEEED a redwing in ma bellah!

(i don't know what that means, I just want it. pretty much now.)

10 posts in 10 years... what an obscure character to take a minute to post about; he must really like red wing.
Re: Listing Found for Transformers Generations Selects Redwing (2020405)
Posted by SGMLordMirage on May 3rd, 2019 @ 5:32am CDT

SGM
Re: Listing Found for Transformers Generations Selects Redwing (2020413)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on May 3rd, 2019 @ 8:20am CDT
SGMLordMirage wrote:In regards to Transformers Generation Select Ricohet (Stepper), mine will arrive next Tuesday. Just curious to see by any chance has anyone received theirs?

SGM

Yep, I received min last Friday from BBTS.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction High Octane Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Class Lockdown New in Box NIB MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Cny Year Of The Horse Starscream Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Age of Extinction 12” Lockdown Action Figure New in Box NIB MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers lot incomplete Hasbro missing weapons Hot Shot Age of Extinction" on EBAY
Buy "KREO KREON FIGURE OPTIMUS PRIME TRANSFORMERS MOVIE AOE GALVATRON FACTORY BATTLE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Silver Knight Optimus Prime 12" Target Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum edition Year of The Horse Starscream" on EBAY