Listings for Titans Return Optimus Primal and Toraizer Titan Masters found

Listings for Titans Return Optimus Primal and Toraizer Titan Masters found

Sunday, July 9th, 2017 9:48am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Kurona   Views: 40,412

Courtesy of fellow board member steals_your_goats, we finally have some news about some upcoming post-Wave 5 Titans Return products -- Hasbro's German Amazon account is currently listing Titan Masters for Optimus Primal under the product code C2389ES1, as well as Toraizer under the product code C2390ES1. These naturally refer to the Maximal leader from Beast Wars, and another of the Autobot Master Warriors exclusive to Japan from the same group as previous Titan Master releases Sawback and Shuffler (see photo of G1 toy below). Both are currently unavailable and don't even have any images or details; but keep and eye out, check out the links provided and tell us what you think of these listings in the forums!

Transformers News: Listings for Titans Return Optimus Primal and Toraizer Titan Masters found

This article was last modified on Sunday, July 9th, 2017 2:46pm CDT

Re: Listings for Titans Return Optimus Primal and Toraizer Titan Masters found (1895311)
Posted by Kurona on July 9th, 2017 @ 9:53am CDT
I'd bet my left kidney that Optimus Primal is a re-use of Apeface.
Re: Listings for Titans Return Optimus Primal and Toraizer Titan Masters found (1895314)
Posted by Cobotron on July 9th, 2017 @ 9:57am CDT
Kurona wrote:I'd bet my left kidney that Optimus Primal is a re-use of Apeface.
You can keep the vital organ, 'cause you know your right. But, who is Toraizer? I can't find that pic of the conceptual drawing of the Tak-only Head Masters Will newsed a while back, but I seem to remember a bull.

New mold?
Re: Listings for Titans Return Optimus Primal and Toraizer Titan Masters found (1895316)
Posted by Kurona on July 9th, 2017 @ 9:58am CDT
Cobotron wrote:
Kurona wrote:I'd bet my left kidney that Optimus Primal is a re-use of Apeface.

New mold?

Toraizer's the one that turned into a cat. Meaning CAT TITAN MASTER VEHICLE!!!!!!!!
Re: Listings for Titans Return Optimus Primal and Toraizer Titan Masters found (1895317)
Posted by steals_your_goats on July 9th, 2017 @ 10:01am CDT
Kurona wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
Kurona wrote:I'd bet my left kidney that Optimus Primal is a re-use of Apeface.

New mold?

Or just a new head remold of the Lione vehicle
Re: Listings for Titans Return Optimus Primal and Toraizer Titan Masters found (1895318)
Posted by Cobotron on July 9th, 2017 @ 10:02am CDT
Kurona wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
Kurona wrote:I'd bet my left kidney that Optimus Primal is a re-use of Apeface.

New mold?

So a repaint of Saw Back? I was going with Tor = Toro.
Re: Listings for Titans Return Optimus Primal and Toraizer Titan Masters found (1895320)
Posted by Kurona on July 9th, 2017 @ 10:08am CDT
Cobotron wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
Kurona wrote:I'd bet my left kidney that Optimus Primal is a re-use of Apeface.

New mold?

So a repaint of Saw Back? I was going with Tor = Toro.

It's more or less due to how Japanese phonetics work if I remember correctly. A more accurate spelling might be 'Trizer'.
Re: Listings for Titans Return Optimus Primal and Toraizer Titan Masters found (1895321)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 9th, 2017 @ 10:24am CDT
Cobotron wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
Kurona wrote:I'd bet my left kidney that Optimus Primal is a re-use of Apeface.

New mold?

So a repaint of Saw Back? I was going with Tor = Toro.

Nope. Toraizer's name comes from "Tora", the Japanese word for Tiger. That's why his name is transliterated the way it is, to leave that part visible. It was done as Trizer for the inspired-by toy Alpha Trizer, however

The bull would be an Autobot Master Warrior that was drawn up but not produced (the other unproduced designs would be a dugong, a cobra, and a rhino - this rhino would be where Titan Master Ramhorn's head-mode face comes from)

Toraizer, on the other hand, is one of the six who were actually made. With him we have the three animal Master Warriors, plus Ramhorn as an unproduced one. The three humanoid ones (Loafer, Rodney, and Kirk) appear to be out of luck, however.
Re: Listings for Titans Return Optimus Primal and Toraizer Titan Masters found (1895322)
Posted by bodrock on July 9th, 2017 @ 10:25am CDT
Yeah, I am really hoping we see the rumored Arcee Titan Master confirmed.
Re: Listings for Titans Return Optimus Primal and Toraizer Titan Masters found (1895324)
Posted by ThunderThruster on July 9th, 2017 @ 10:47am CDT
Cobotron wrote:
Kurona wrote:I'd bet my left kidney that Optimus Primal is a re-use of Apeface.

New mold?

The wiki for your reading: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Toraizer

and attached is a shot of some of the unproduced designs

Edit: Link to Seibertron's news and imagary - https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ned/37415/
Re: Listings for Titans Return Optimus Primal and Toraizer Titan Masters found (1895325)
Posted by noctorro on July 9th, 2017 @ 10:49am CDT
Nani? Arcee Titan Master? Hopefully she'll be more bulky just like the upcoming Windblade. And a better face!

Really hoped they'd make some non-G1 characters into Titans Return. Remold Hardhead into Demolisher. Or any of the Unicron Trilogy.

These Titans Return figures are so well put together, really. HasTak is making so much awesome stuff.
Re: Listings for Titans Return Optimus Primal and Toraizer Titan Masters found (1895328)
Posted by leokearon on July 9th, 2017 @ 11:05am CDT
Optimus primal could be a US release of the Optimal Optimus Apeface repaint that came with Convoybat.

Toraizer will probably be a repaint/retool of Sawbuck/Lione like my Digibash

http://leokearon.deviantart.com/art/Dig ... -680516510
Re: Listings for Titans Return Optimus Primal and Toraizer Titan Masters found (1895329)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 9th, 2017 @ 11:13am CDT
Re: Listings for Titans Return Optimus Primal and Toraizer Titan Masters found (1895331)
Posted by steals_your_goats on July 9th, 2017 @ 11:20am CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Quick, hide that before some HasTak idjit references it like what happened with CW G2 Menasor.

What's wrong with G2 Menasor?
Re: Listings for Titans Return Optimus Primal and Toraizer Titan Masters found (1895332)
Posted by Kurona on July 9th, 2017 @ 11:30am CDT
steals_your_goats wrote:

What's wrong with G2 Menasor?

Not necessarily that he looks bad... but it ended up being based on a fan's digibash on Deviantart rather than the actual original G2 Menasor toy. Lol.
Re: Listings for Titans Return Optimus Primal and Toraizer Titan Masters found (1895334)
Posted by steals_your_goats on July 9th, 2017 @ 11:54am CDT
Kurona wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:

What's wrong with G2 Menasor?

Is it though? Every single picture I've seen of the original G2 stunticons look like what we got in combiner wars.
Re: Listings for Titans Return Optimus Primal and Toraizer Titan Masters found (1895339)
Posted by william-james88 on July 9th, 2017 @ 1:03pm CDT
Kurona wrote:I'd bet my left kidney that Optimus Primal is a re-use of Apeface.

Yeah, thats what I am thinking too.

And Cobo, Toraiser is the third Japan only headmaster that turned into an animal and then into a head (with no robot mode).

So now we will have the whole set in TR :)
Re: Listings for Titans Return Optimus Primal and Toraizer Titan Masters found (1895342)
Posted by Cobotron on July 9th, 2017 @ 1:26pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:I'd bet my left kidney that Optimus Primal is a re-use of Apeface.

Yeah, thats what I am thinking too.

So now we will have the whole set in TR :)
Aha! I see, so he was an actual produced character. Cool! Tor, Toro, lead me to the Buffalo unproduced one in my mind.

I read this first on my phone, but had to run to my PC to get a better look at the pic. I had to make sure that Shuffler wasn't TR Shuffler. Man he looks like the original!

Also, Will, you typed my real name! :lol:
Re: Listings for Titans Return Optimus Primal and Toraizer Titan Masters found (1895343)
Posted by dragons on July 9th, 2017 @ 1:31pm CDT
ThunderThruster wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
Kurona wrote:I'd bet my left kidney that Optimus Primal is a re-use of Apeface.

New mold?

The wiki for your reading: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Toraizer

and attached is a shot of some of the unproduced designs

Should be interesting repaint of what figure looks like didn't like ape face figure
But color for apeface figure maybe something that may be impressive possibly new headmaster for this figure
Re: Listings for Titans Return Optimus Primal and Toraizer Titan Masters found (1895349)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 9th, 2017 @ 2:40pm CDT
Optimus Primal? Yeah, I can see that more than an all-new Optimus Prime Titan Master with Vehicle. I do find it odd that Ramhorn was released ahead of the others if we're going by their product codes. Goof up maybe?
Re: Listings for Titans Return Optimus Primal and Toraizer Titan Masters found (1895351)
Posted by Cobotron on July 9th, 2017 @ 2:47pm CDT
You know, I hope Primal comes with a repaint of Diac.
I just want a little battalion of those Diaclone dudes.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Hoist Complete with Comic G1 CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-S45 RUNG Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Battle Master Hasbro 2019 Rare" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise BOMBSHOCK & GROWL SLITHERFANG RUNG Battle Masters" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Voyager size Blaster (+Steeljaw) MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Ultimate Gift Set (Combat Hero Optimus Prime, Jazz)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Vorath & Mindwipe Hasbro Action Figure" on EBAY