Look at Rescue Bots Optimus Primal and More Product Info from UK Toy Fair

Transformers News: Look at Rescue Bots Optimus Primal and More Product Info from UK Toy Fair

Tuesday, January 28th, 2014 8:58AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ScoutBumblebee   Views: 21,058

The Idle Hands blog has a picture up of the anticipated Rescue Bots Optimus Primal toy, which is supposed to be available in fall of this year. It’s a large-scale figure and transforms from robot to TRex with one touch conversion. It will feature lights, over twenty sounds and phrases, and a working rescue drill.

Transformers News: Even More New Product Info from the UK Toy Fair

Idle Hands is also revealing that they got a look at some sales sheets, which showed a schedule of upcoming toy releases. If this list is correct, this will be a big spring/early summer for releases. See the list below:

• Movie 4 Dino Sparkers - May 2014
  • Kre-O Lockdown Air Raid - March
  • Kre-O Optimus Prime Dino Hauler - March
  • Kre-O Glavatron Factory Battle - March
Credit(s): IdleHands1.blogspot.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Look at Rescue Bots Optimus Primal and More Product Info from UK Toy Fair (1545702)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 28th, 2014 @ 9:04am CST
The title made me exited, the content just confused me.

Is that a rescue bot thing? It looks to have BW Megatron's transformation sequence, well just with the arms switched and no alt-mode shells.
Re: Look at Rescue Bots Optimus Primal and More Product Info from UK Toy Fair (1545704)
Posted by ScottyP on January 28th, 2014 @ 9:09am CST
Dino Prime Rescue Bot = Yes

And some of those Kreo sets just sound metal.
Re: Look at Rescue Bots Optimus Primal and More Product Info from UK Toy Fair (1545705)
Posted by Rated X on January 28th, 2014 @ 9:12am CST
I thought it was going to be a voyager beast wars optimus primal. Then I opened up the page and saw this deformed piece of crap. What a way to ruin the morning...
Re: Look at Rescue Bots Optimus Primal and More Product Info from UK Toy Fair (1545716)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on January 28th, 2014 @ 9:19am CST

Edit: We have confirmation that it is a Rescue Bots toy. So updating original accordingly.
Re: Look at Rescue Bots Optimus Primal and More Product Info from UK Toy Fair (1545722)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 28th, 2014 @ 9:41am CST
News flash: This isn't for us (collectors). This is for kids. And I will be buying this for BOTH of my nephews because they will love it.
Re: Look at Rescue Bots Optimus Primal and More Product Info from UK Toy Fair (1545726)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on January 28th, 2014 @ 9:49am CST
Here come the Munky not T-Rex debates!! :grin:
Re: Look at Rescue Bots Optimus Primal and More Product Info from UK Toy Fair (1545731)
Posted by philswitch engage on January 28th, 2014 @ 10:06am CST
[quote="ScoutBumblebee"]It will feature lights, over twenty sounds and phrases, and a working rescue drill. quote]

Ah, I see, so when he is punching and drilling into a decepticon's face, Optimus is rescuing them.
Re: Look at Rescue Bots Optimus Primal and More Product Info from UK Toy Fair (1545734)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 28th, 2014 @ 10:13am CST
philswitch engage wrote:
ScoutBumblebee wrote:It will feature lights, over twenty sounds and phrases, and a working rescue drill. [quote]

[/quote]
Oh man, that's hilarious.
"Why are you screaming?! Can't you see I'm trying to save you!?"
Re: Look at Rescue Bots Optimus Primal and More Product Info from UK Toy Fair (1545736)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 28th, 2014 @ 10:16am CST
At least I had the good sense to hold off any criticism until I was able to take a closer look at this toy. It's very obviously a Rescue Bots toy so with that in mind I'll have to say that I absolutely love this. I can't think of a single bad thing to say about it. Cool concept, great design... Keeps all the recognizable "Prime" elements while giving him a Beast Mode that's easy for the youngsters to deal with. I may have to get two. One for my own Prime collection and one for my nieces' son.

As far as any negatives go... I'm saving those comments for those of you who actually have the balls to dump all over a product intended for a 5 year old. I mean come on, I'm an ass but even I have more decency than to rag on a toy meant for a 3 to 6 year age range.
Re: Look at Rescue Bots Optimus Primal and More Product Info from UK Toy Fair (1545737)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 28th, 2014 @ 10:20am CST
If the Kre-O sets are anything to go by, Galvatron (either a brand new Decepticon leader or Megatron reborn) is indeed going to make an appearance... with a bang.

Dead Metal wrote:...just with the arms switched...

Actually, the arms are in the right position. The image here is flipped for whatever reason.

Re: Look at Rescue Bots Optimus Primal and More Product Info from UK Toy Fair (1545739)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 28th, 2014 @ 10:25am CST
This is the Rescue Bots OP that can be seen in the upper-left corner of this image:

philswitch engage wrote:

I thought there weren't any Decepticons in the Rescue Bots series. He'll probably use the drill and T-Rex head to rescue people from burning building and such.
Re: Look at Rescue Bots Optimus Primal and More Product Info from UK Toy Fair (1545746)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 28th, 2014 @ 10:45am CST
This....is...actually the first Rescue Bots toy I genuinely want.
Re: Look at Rescue Bots Optimus Primal and More Product Info from UK Toy Fair (1545747)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 28th, 2014 @ 10:51am CST
Optimus Primal, ROAR to the rescue!!! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
Re: Look at Rescue Bots Optimus Primal and More Product Info from UK Toy Fair (1545748)
Posted by Va'al on January 28th, 2014 @ 10:53am CST
ScoutBumblebee wrote:I'm not really sure what line this is supposed to come out under, which is why there isn't a statement to Rescue Bots, etc.

It's definitely Rescue Bots! I can confirm with ..er.. magic?
Re: Look at Rescue Bots Optimus Primal and More Product Info from UK Toy Fair (1545752)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on January 28th, 2014 @ 10:55am CST
Thanks Va'al! I will update with... Magic. :lol:
Re: Look at Rescue Bots Optimus Primal and More Product Info from UK Toy Fair (1545755)
Posted by Va'al on January 28th, 2014 @ 10:59am CST
ScoutBumblebee wrote:Thanks Va'al! I will update with... Magic. :lol:

Re: Look at Rescue Bots Optimus Primal and More Product Info from UK Toy Fair (1545768)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 28th, 2014 @ 11:39am CST
Va'al wrote:
ScoutBumblebee wrote:Thanks Va'al! I will update with... Magic. :lol:

Re: Look at Rescue Bots Optimus Primal and More Product Info from UK Toy Fair (1545769)
Posted by Manterax Prime on January 28th, 2014 @ 11:41am CST
Am I the only one who wants to see that as a Generations Voyager class figure?
Re: Look at Rescue Bots Optimus Primal and More Product Info from UK Toy Fair (1545771)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 28th, 2014 @ 11:45am CST
Dead Metal wrote:
Va'al wrote:
ScoutBumblebee wrote:Thanks Va'al! I will update with... Magic. :lol:

But friendship is magic.
Re: Look at Rescue Bots Optimus Primal and More Product Info from UK Toy Fair (1545774)
Posted by Manterax Prime on January 28th, 2014 @ 12:03pm CST
PrymeStriker wrote:
But friendship is magic.

Really?

Va'al and Dead Metal pretty much won that! You have no contest. Bring in somebody more powerful like say.....

Doctor Strange, who's mastery over the mystical editing arts is unrivaled...

...and you may have a chance.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Combiner Wars Firefly Hasbro 2014 - Time Remaining: 21 days 11 hours 22 minutes
Transformers G1 Cassette combiner Slamdance, Complete (Grand Slam and Raindance) - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 26 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class Thundercracker - Time Remaining: 2 days 17 hours 27 minutes 8 seconds
G1 TRANSFORMERS (1985) SWOOP *SEALED* WEAPONS IN BAG ~ UNUSED ~ ORIGINAL PARTS - Time Remaining: 4 days 18 hours 30 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers Armada Energon Lot Unicron Optimus Scorponok Tidal Wave Hoist More - Time Remaining: 12 days 21 hours 32 minutes 2 seconds
ARCEE TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON MECHTECH DELUXE CLASS NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 3 days 18 hours 39 minutes 14 seconds
Hot Rod Targetmaster AFA 80 ERROR BOX MISB G1 Transformers Action Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 7 hours 40 minutes 33 seconds
Hot Rod Targetmaster AFA 80 HANDCUT SAMPLE BOX 1 of 1 MISB G1 Transformers - Time Remaining: 1 day 7 hours 40 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent