Thursday, February 25th, 2021 9:19pm CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Event News, People News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 38,014

There was a lot of entertainment news related to Transformers in today's investor conference from Hasbro. No less than 5 projects are currently in development and they were all talked about at the 1:30 mark of the conference. We reported on the Botbots TV show on Netflix, the new Animated TV show on nickelodeon and we all know there will be a third part to the War on Cybertron Trilogy show on Netflix called Kingdom.

Along with those 3 shows, Hasbro is currently making 2 feature length films at the same time and here are all the details that were given.

One film will be live action set for release in summer 2022 "with a fresh vision that will launch a new trajectory for the franchise". The director is Steven Caple Jr who directed Creed 2, Lorenzo di Bonaventura will be producing and Steven Spielberg will be one of the executive producers.

The other feature length film will be animated and that one will be directed by Josh Cooley, who directed Toy Story 4.

Transformers News: Lorenzo di Bonaventura Returns for the Next Transformers Live Action Film Releasing Summer 2022

Re: Lorenzo di Bonaventura Returns for the Next Transformers Live Action Film Releasing Summer 2022 (2096543)
Posted by SkyFire Prime on February 25th, 2021 @ 10:43pm CST
Hate that guy
Re: Lorenzo di Bonaventura Returns for the Next Transformers Live Action Film Releasing Summer 2022 (2096548)
Posted by jtanimator on February 26th, 2021 @ 12:12am CST
No. No. No. No. NO. nO. No. n0o. N0oO. NO!!! NO!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ve had it. I’ve had it with this terrible terrible producer. He is an untalented, inconsiderate, ignorant Hollywood puppet who doesn’t know TWO SH*TS about Transformers. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, look up any interview of him, or any quote from him concerning his opinions on the transformers movies, and you’ll very soon see how much HE was the root of every transformers movie problem until the present day, I’d argue even more than Michael bay. MOST of the BS nonsense that was shoehorned into the bayverse movies was due to this idiot. There are very few people I have such little respect and so much hate for. Why? Why would they drag HIM back into the picture RIGHT When this franchise has the potential to be something good again? I hate to sound like a pessimist, but with this one simple announcement, I have momentarily lost literally all hope for any upcoming transformers films. Until this man is wiped from the face of Transformers media, I will not see a hopeful ray of light again.
Re: Lorenzo di Bonaventura Returns for the Next Transformers Live Action Film Releasing Summer 2022 (2096559)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 26th, 2021 @ 2:47am CST
william-james88 wrote:
Lorenzo di Bonaventura will be producing.

Oh no...
william-james88 wrote:

Oh no, that's the worst and most unnecessary Toy Story...
Re: Lorenzo di Bonaventura Returns for the Next Transformers Live Action Film Releasing Summer 2022 (2096562)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 26th, 2021 @ 3:39am CST
Re: Lorenzo di Bonaventura Returns for the Next Transformers Live Action Film Releasing Summer 2022 (2096565)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 26th, 2021 @ 4:15am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:I see a lot of hate for poor Lorenzo but wasn't he also the producer for Bumblebee? The best regarded Transformers film?

He and Bay were attached as Producers, from when the Movie was still supposed to be a Prequel to the previous Live Action Movie franchise and before the reshoots and new direction.
Most of the stuff that made the movie good are actually reshoots and changes included after the test screening and Paramount getting scared of another flop.
So it's unlikely that he had anything to do with why it's liked.
Re: Lorenzo di Bonaventura Returns for the Next Transformers Live Action Film Releasing Summer 2022 (2096567)
Posted by Burn on February 26th, 2021 @ 5:05am CST
Producers don't really do much. Just look at Don Murphy.
Re: Lorenzo di Bonaventura Returns for the Next Transformers Live Action Film Releasing Summer 2022 (2096570)
Posted by SkyFire Prime on February 26th, 2021 @ 6:12am CST
jtanimator wrote:No. No. No. No. NO. nO. No. n0o. N0oO. NO!!! NO!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This, he's like Kathleen Kennedy...
Re: Lorenzo di Bonaventura Returns for the Next Transformers Live Action Film Releasing Summer 2022 (2096574)
Posted by griftimus prime on February 26th, 2021 @ 7:30am CST
summer 2022

sure
Re: Lorenzo di Bonaventura Returns for the Next Transformers Live Action Film Releasing Summer 2022 (2096581)
Posted by TulioDude on February 26th, 2021 @ 9:06am CST

This. ;)^

Re: Lorenzo di Bonaventura Returns for the Next Transformers Live Action Film Releasing Summer 2022 (2096600)
Posted by william-james88 on February 26th, 2021 @ 2:20pm CST
SkyFire Prime wrote:
This, he's like Kathleen Kennedy...

She did eventually give us the very best Star wars we have ever gotten since the originals. It just took 4 years.
Re: Lorenzo di Bonaventura Returns for the Next Transformers Live Action Film Releasing Summer 2022 (2096604)
Posted by First-Aid on February 26th, 2021 @ 3:58pm CST
Burn wrote:Producers don't really do much. Just look at Don Murphy.

Producers are responsible for the financial backing and distribution of the product. That's about it. They try to attach themselves to products, not because they necessarily like them, but because they will make money. If he's on board, I suspect there is money to be made.
Re: Lorenzo di Bonaventura Returns for the Next Transformers Live Action Film Releasing Summer 2022 (2096618)
Posted by william-james88 on February 26th, 2021 @ 5:32pm CST
First-Aid wrote:
Burn wrote:Producers don't really do much. Just look at Don Murphy.

Not true, not in the least bit. If producers had nothing to do with the final product content wise, then there would be no such thing as a director's cut.
Re: Lorenzo di Bonaventura Returns for the Next Transformers Live Action Film Releasing Summer 2022 (2096626)
Posted by Primus444 on February 26th, 2021 @ 6:37pm CST
Looks like we're slipping back into the Dark Ages. Nice knowing you boys. Get ready for shitty human characters and excessive explosions! :-(
Re: Lorenzo di Bonaventura Returns for the Next Transformers Live Action Film Releasing Summer 2022 (2096627)
Posted by First-Aid on February 26th, 2021 @ 6:44pm CST
Excessive explosions? No such thing
Re: Lorenzo di Bonaventura Returns for the Next Transformers Live Action Film Releasing Summer 2022 (2096664)
Posted by YoungPrime on February 27th, 2021 @ 12:23pm CST
Oh, so di Bonaventura is back to producing live action TF films. I'm sold!

....Sold on not even watching his crap after a Sunday afternoon Football game on SYFY Channel 4 years after its initial release.
Re: Lorenzo di Bonaventura Returns for the Next Transformers Live Action Film Releasing Summer 2022 (2096677)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 27th, 2021 @ 1:37pm CST
YoungPrime wrote:Oh, so di Bonaventura is back to producing live action TF films. I'm sold!

He never left to be fair.
Re: Lorenzo di Bonaventura Returns for the Next Transformers Live Action Film Releasing Summer 2022 (2096679)
Posted by First-Aid on February 27th, 2021 @ 2:09pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:

He never left to be fair.

So here's his list of movies:

Bumbleebee
Pet Sematary
The Secrets We Keep
GI Joe Origins: Snake Eyes
Infinite
The Plane

Seems to me there are a few clunkers there. Seems to me there are a few really good films on there (Constantine, Red Red 2). I think people are giving the producer way more credit than is deserved. The one constant on the TF movies besides di Bonventura- until Bumblebee, that is- was Michael Bay, who is an "eye candy" director.

"A producer is the person responsible for finding and launching a project; arranging financing; hiring writers, a director, and key members of the creative team; and overseeing all elements of pre-production, production and post-production, right up to release. A film producer is a person who oversees film production. Either employed by a production company or working independently, producers plan and coordinate various aspects of film production, such as selecting the script; coordinating writing, directing, editing; and arranging financing. "

I think the key words in there are "plan and coordinate". Do they have a say? probably. Do they have FINAL say? Probably not. Is there some responsibility? Yes. Is it all on him? No. Like I said, both Red and Red 2 were good movies. I enjoyed Constantine a lot and thought it was underrated. Do I give him credit? Partially. Do I give him more credit than the director and editors and writers? No. He HIRED them. Then they did their thing.

I think everyone is overreacting. Like it was pointed out recently, the Bumblebee movie was one of his productions and it was a thoroughly enjoyable, fun, movie, and well-regarded by the fandom. So, I suggest everyone pump the brakes a bit and wait to see what the new directors (and Hasbro) can come up with for further Transformers movies before stringing him up in a noose.
Re: Lorenzo di Bonaventura Returns for the Next Transformers Live Action Film Releasing Summer 2022 (2096695)
Posted by YoungPrime on February 27th, 2021 @ 5:41pm CST
First-Aid wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

He never left to be fair.

So here's his list of movies:

Bumbleebee
Pet Sematary
The Secrets We Keep
GI Joe Origins: Snake Eyes
Infinite
The Plane

.........Was this suppose to change my opinion, because my post wasn't meant to change yours or anyone else's. So support him as much as you want. For me I'm sure I'll be busy watching paint dry when this next project releases. ;)^
Re: Lorenzo di Bonaventura Returns for the Next Transformers Live Action Film Releasing Summer 2022 (2096699)
Posted by First-Aid on February 27th, 2021 @ 6:16pm CST
Eeep. Double post.
Re: Lorenzo di Bonaventura Returns for the Next Transformers Live Action Film Releasing Summer 2022 (2096700)
Posted by First-Aid on February 27th, 2021 @ 6:16pm CST
YoungPrime wrote:
First-Aid wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

He never left to be fair.

So here's his list of movies:

Bumbleebee
Pet Sematary
The Secrets We Keep
GI Joe Origins: Snake Eyes
Infinite
The Plane

Only trying to point out that the guys has had hits and misses. A lot of peeps here automatically discounting any future movies simply because of his name. I'm pointing out that there are really good movies under his name too.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Protectobot HOT SPOT Voyager Class New (2012 Hasbro)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC Autobot HUFFER Deluxe 5in Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Dragstrip - incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Battle Core Optimus Prime (Incomplete) Body" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Legends Ultra Magnus Complete w/ Alpha Trion Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG17 Blackarachnia complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Universe Deluxe Cyclonus - Great Condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron #002 Soundblaster w/ Buzzsaw Voyager" on EBAY