Machinima Teases Upcoming Trailer for Transformers Titans Return

Transformers News: Machinima Teases Upcoming Trailer for Transformers Titans Return

Sunday, November 5th, 2017 7:36PM CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Qwan   Views: 13,836

From Machinima's official Facebook page, we have news of an upcoming trailer for the fast-approaching Transformers: Titans Return animated series! Following posters featuring the likes of Jason David Frank as Emissary and Nolan North as Metroplex, a behind-the-scenes video and even a preview clip dropped just a day ago, this new teaser promises a full-fledged trailer for the series in just two days' time!

The image simply depicts a stoic Optimus Prime, heavily based on his Generation 1 and Masterpiece design as in the prior Combiners Wars animated series, standing before the stormy wasteland that presents Machinima's vision of Cybertron. With the show set to drop just a week after the trailer itself, the teaser's message could not be more clear: if you're going to get hyped for this show, now is the time.

Machinima's Titans Return series is set to release soon, on the 14th of November. It stars voice talent ranging from series veterans Peter Cullen and Judd Nelson, to other well-known actors like Wil Wheaton, Michael Dorn and Jason David Frank, returning cast members Abby Trott and Jason Marnocha, and even YouTubers MatPat and DashieGames, along with many more. See the teaser for yourself down below, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the coming trailer as well as any other updates on the soon-to-be-released series!

Get ready Transformers fans! The trailer for Transformers: Titans Return drops in TWO days.

Credit(s): Machinima

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Machinima Teases Upcoming Trailer for Transformers Titans Return (1920061)
Posted by skywarp-2 on November 5th, 2017 @ 8:28pm CST
HOLY CRAPOLA!! THIS IS HUGE NEWS! THIS IS AS BIG AS THE CANON TIE IN BEAST WARS TO G-1! Now we get an addition to G-1 canon this time with the original voice cast members available, namely Cullen and Welker! Judd Nelson! (please be Rodimus, Please be Rodimus it'll be like 1986 all over again, but better!) wow.... :shock:

This is literally the biggest news that I have ever heard!

Just when I thought I hade my collection planned out.... They Pull me back in!!

Ughh...my wallet just groaned... :HEADHURTS:
Re: Machinima Teases Upcoming Trailer for Transformers Titans Return (1920063)
Posted by Burn on November 5th, 2017 @ 8:33pm CST
skywarp-2 wrote:Ughh...my wallet just groaned... :HEADHURTS:

ah, dude ... you'd better get out there quick then. Titans Return toys are nearly down and will soon make way for Power of the Primes.
Re: Machinima Teases Upcoming Trailer for Transformers Titans Return (1920067)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 5th, 2017 @ 9:07pm CST
skywarp-2 wrote:HOLY CRAPOLA!! THIS IS HUGE NEWS! THIS IS AS BIG AS THE CANON TIE IN BEAST WARS TO G-1! Now we get an addition to G-1 canon this time with the original voice cast members available, namely Cullen and Welker! wow.... :shock:

This is literally the biggest news that I have ever heard!

Just when I thought I hade my collection planned out.... They Pull me back in!!

Ughh...my wallet just groaned... :HEADHURTS:
Wait, is this seriously your first time hearing about this show? Did you miss out on its predecessor show, the eight-episode Combiner Wars?

Oh, you poor naive soul. So completely in the dark about how much of a dreadful schlock this show is gonna be if it's anything like it's predecessor.

And, no, Frank Welker is not in this show. Megatron is voiced by Jason Marnocha and thank goodness for that! Marnocha was the only good thing about the first show, so having him back is the one positive aspect about this dark blot of a show.

And it will have nothing to do with any of the G1 fiction from the 1980s. No ties to the cartoon, the movie, or the Marvel Comics. It's in its own little world of misery and mediocrity.
Re: Machinima Teases Upcoming Trailer for Transformers Titans Return (1920070)
Posted by Qwan on November 5th, 2017 @ 9:19pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:

This is literally the biggest news that I have ever heard!

Just when I thought I hade my collection planned out.... They Pull me back in!!

Ughh...my wallet just groaned... :HEADHURTS:

Yowch.

Not that I disagree, but, yowch.
Re: Machinima Teases Upcoming Trailer for Transformers Titans Return (1920073)
Posted by skywarp-2 on November 5th, 2017 @ 9:45pm CST
whoa...I was excited..Yes I live under a rock..

I may get some of the figures, I just didn't know about this cartoon or the previous one, combiner wars because I was only focusing on 3rd party news and TLK stuff.. this story sure got my attention, On the details, I got some wrong, sorry. I must have misread thru fanboy-colored goggles.. 8-}
Re: Machinima Teases Upcoming Trailer for Transformers Titans Return (1920074)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 5th, 2017 @ 9:52pm CST
skywarp-2 wrote:whoa...I was excited..Yes I live under a rock..

I may get some of the figures, I just didn't know about this cartoon or the previous one, combiner wars because I was only focusing on 3rd party news and TLK stuff.. this story sure got my attention, I must have misread thru fanboy-colored goggles..

We've so far been hoping that this sequel show, Titans Return, will be an improvement, but aside from the inclusion of some television actors (albeit, rather bizarrely-chosen ones) and the longer running time, there doesn't seem to be that much about it that looks all that better than the first show.

After all, the first show was advertised as being the "Game of Thrones of animation", and yet it turned out to be as bad as Transformers: Energon. So aside from a return of Jason Marnocha's Megatron, there doesn't look to be all that much to look forward to thus far in the new show.
Re: Machinima Teases Upcoming Trailer for Transformers Titans Return (1920075)
Posted by Burn on November 5th, 2017 @ 10:08pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Yeah, Combiner Wars turned out to be one of the worst Transformers cartoons we've ever gotten, with Megatron, as I mentioned, being the sole enjoyable aspect about it, as he was awesome and hilarious with his being all snarky and sarcastic to everyone.

Wrong.
Jon Bailey did a fantastic Optimus Prime and deserves the recognition.
Re: Machinima Teases Upcoming Trailer for Transformers Titans Return (1920076)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 5th, 2017 @ 10:17pm CST
Burn wrote:

Wrong.
Jon Bailey did a fantastic Optimus Prime and deserves the recognition.
He's done fantastic Optimus Primes outside of CW. In CW, he was adequate, but his true talent felt held back in restraint from reaching its full entertainment potential.

That one behind-the-scenes video he did about him and the other CW cast members recording their lines at Bang Zoom!, in which he did some fun little ad-libs in his Optimus voice, gave us way more of his talented range and skill than he got to perform in the show itself.
Re: Machinima Teases Upcoming Trailer for Transformers Titans Return (1920078)
Posted by Burn on November 5th, 2017 @ 10:25pm CST

I know a lot of fanboys are pissing their pants in excitement over Cullen being Prime again for it, but come on ... they had a guy doing a good voice, they could have given him another go instead of chucking him aside and throwing more cash around for a bigger name(s).
Re: Machinima Teases Upcoming Trailer for Transformers Titans Return (1920080)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 5th, 2017 @ 10:34pm CST
Burn wrote:Yeah, he could have done a lot more, but instead they had this ridiculous notion that CW was well received so they upped the ante for TR.

Oh, definitely. I wouldn't have minded Jon getting another go-round at Optimus in TR. He does a good Optimus and should get more opportunities to use it officially and to its full extent, beyond both Machinima's CW cartoon and Fun Pub's TransTech fiction.
Re: Machinima Teases Upcoming Trailer for Transformers Titans Return (1920083)
Posted by Nexus Knight on November 5th, 2017 @ 10:54pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
skywarp-2 wrote:whoa...I was excited..Yes I live under a rock..

How dare you trample on nostalgic feelz! Combiner Wars was the best cartoon because it was awesome and looked like the eighties characters! And had fi- Hahahahahahahahahahahahhaha.

*deep breath*

And had awesome fight sc- Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! I'm sorry, I can't even...
Re: Machinima Teases Upcoming Trailer for Transformers Titans Return (1920146)
Posted by primalxconvoy on November 6th, 2017 @ 8:20am CST
Re: Machinima Teases Upcoming Trailer for Transformers Titans Return (1920156)
Posted by o.supreme on November 6th, 2017 @ 9:13am CST
skywarp-2 wrote: Now we get an addition to G-1 canon this time with the original voice cast members available, namely Cullen and Welker! Judd Nelson!

whoa whoa whoa....lets not say things we cant take back. Just to be clear Machinima's series is not an official continuation of the original animated series. Like IDW (and like JJ's Star Trek), CW & TR just use characters from the original series, but it is its own thing....Just want to be clear on that ;)
Re: Machinima Teases Upcoming Trailer for Transformers Titans Return (1920239)
Posted by SillyMcGilly on November 6th, 2017 @ 2:44pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:

This is literally the biggest news that I have ever heard!

Just when I thought I hade my collection planned out.... They Pull me back in!!

Ughh...my wallet just groaned... :HEADHURTS:

Wow, way to **** on his dreams. :lol:
Re: Machinima Teases Upcoming Trailer for Transformers Titans Return (1920242)
Posted by o.supreme on November 6th, 2017 @ 2:53pm CST
I'm sure they tried to get Welker, but he was probably just way to busy, and they couldn't afford him. mamocha did a good job, but I'm sure Welker could have pulled of a snarky comedic Megatron just as well.
Re: Machinima Teases Upcoming Trailer for Transformers Titans Return (1920244)
Posted by JazZeke on November 6th, 2017 @ 2:57pm CST
SillyMcGilly wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

This is literally the biggest news that I have ever heard!

Just when I thought I hade my collection planned out.... They Pull me back in!!

Ughh...my wallet just groaned... :HEADHURTS:

Wow, way to s*** on his dreams. :lol:

He's a Transformers fan. I'm sure he's used to disappointment.
Re: Machinima Teases Upcoming Trailer for Transformers Titans Return (1920254)
Posted by skywarp-2 on November 6th, 2017 @ 3:14pm CST
SillyMcGilly wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

This is literally the biggest news that I have ever heard!

Just when I thought I hade my collection planned out.... They Pull me back in!!

Ughh...my wallet just groaned... :HEADHURTS:

Wow, way to s*** on his dreams. :lol:

Hey guys come on! LOL.. :lol: :APPLAUSE:

I was reading that news article thru fanboy colored goggles, and got ahead of myself when I saw Cullen was involved, and so having not seen combiner wars, and not been into the toyline, I was easily out of the loop when reading that, and yes.. I would love to see Hasbro honor the original series and pick up where G-1 left off, and give us a toyline and show that leads into the evolution of the Predacons and Maximals in the future.. That would be a nice thing, and with the news article, I thought maybe that was going to finally happen. I would not be opposed to an addition to the G-1 mythos, but I wonder if a highly stylized and very 1986 production quality animation would sell today in a world of CGI? Could a 1986 Movie like direct to DVD or Cartoon network TV series work for a final homage to G-1? I would get into that.. the nostalgia, the characters, and the voice actors would be enough to draw me in.. If they had great Bots too I would jump in on it. CGI toons are cool, and they can do much. But for me, if a G-1 continuation were to come our way, I'd prefer this unique and hand drawn style, with the quality they put into the 86 movie, I think it would still sell and hold up today.

Just look at these quality images...

It was art and posters like this that really show the level of detail and love that went into promoting that movie. If There was ever a time to capitalize on the G-1 universe, nostalgia, and story and interest and money. Then now is the time.

But from what you guys are telling me, this new series is like JJ Abrams Star Trek.. an alternative reality, that doesn't have anything to do with the original time line.. That's okay, I guess.. but HUGE news would be a committed G-1 continuation, Hasbro would make world news if they decided to do that..

But when you see images like this, you can't help but wonder if Hasbro missed the boat by not making something that tied into that Series..

I can see why.. It's nostalgia driven gives the G-1 fans a reason to come, and the storyline being new, and not tied to G-1 continuity means anyone can jump on.. but it leaves something out going that way.. I can't seem to explain it.
Re: Machinima Teases Upcoming Trailer for Transformers Titans Return (1920264)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on November 6th, 2017 @ 3:40pm CST
Oh come on! now granted that there's no ties fiction wise...to G1

but....

does Trypticon not look like his G1 self?

does Optimus?

so they are keeping it G1 in terms of LOOKS!!! if nothing else

+ I can't believe that noone wants to see a Metroplex vs Trypticon fight! i mean what's wrong with you people?

ok...put it this way....would you rather have what we're going to be getting?

or

would you rather that Michael Bay came along and directed the episodes... hmm?
Re: Machinima Teases Upcoming Trailer for Transformers Titans Return (1920265)
Posted by SillyMcGilly on November 6th, 2017 @ 3:44pm CST
Stuartmaximus wrote:Oh come on! now granted that there's no ties fiction wise...to G1

but....

does Trypticon not look like his G1 self?

does Optimus?

so they are keeping it G1 in terms of LOOKS!!! if nothing else

ok...put it this way....would you rather have what we're going to be getting?

or

would you rather that Michael Bay came along and directed the episodes... hmm?

Michael Bay would probably make sure the frame rate and effects and EXPLOSIONS are better. Then again, it might have varying aspect ratios as well, which would kinda suck. :-P
Re: Machinima Teases Upcoming Trailer for Transformers Titans Return (1920269)
Posted by o.supreme on November 6th, 2017 @ 3:54pm CST

but....

does Trypticon not look like his G1 self?

does Optimus?

so they are keeping it G1 in terms of LOOKS!!! if nothing else

I think we are saying the same thing, just differently. I didn't say it didn't take place in "a verison" of G1. Just like JJ's Trek is "a version" of those original characters, its just not the SAME VERSION, of those characters...if that makes any sense. It's an alternate continuity of the original series, kinf of like IDW ongoing.

Stuartmaximus wrote:I can't believe that no one wants to see a Metroplex vs Trypticon fight! i mean what's wrong with you people?

I have wanted to see a good rendition of this battle for a long time. As much as I love the original animated series, even their brief skirmishes in FFOD #5, Thief in the Night, and The Ultimate Weapon were not that great, plus brief encounters in a handful of Headmasters episodes. But if this fight goes like the Menasor/Computron battle at the beginning of CW, It will be all flash, and no substance, minus the flash.

Stuartmaximus wrote:ok...put it this way....would you rather have what we're going to be getting?

or

would you rather that Michael Bay came along and directed the episodes... hmm?

I'll take the 3rd option.

Ending Soon On eBay

HASBRO TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS VOYAGER IDW AUTOBOT WHIRL ACTION FIGURES KID TOY - Time Remaining: 13 days 15 hours 29 minutes 45 seconds
Takara Transformers Music Label Soundwave MP3 Player Figure (Blaster Black Ver) - Time Remaining: 5 days 21 hours 30 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers The Last Night Rc Autobot Sqweeks Hasbro Remote Control - Time Remaining: 5 days 7 hours 35 minutes 43 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS LEADER CLASS THUNDERCRACKER HASBRO TOY - Time Remaining: 2 days 2 hours 42 minutes 43 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Go G 14 Hunter Bumblebee 4904810487609 Original New - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 47 minutes 19 seconds
Transformers TLK-31 Big Speed Change Dragon Storm TAKARA TOMY Japan New PSL - Time Remaining: 5 days 13 hours 4 minutes 53 seconds
Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Berserker Optimus Prime Premier Robot Toy - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 11 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers MP-10R CONVOY BAPE APE Red CAMO Collaboration 2015 Optimus Prime FS - Time Remaining: 2 days 19 hours 33 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent