Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 5 'Homecoming' Now Online UPDATED

Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 5 'Homecoming' Now Online UPDATED

Tuesday, August 30th, 2016 9:21am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 25,037

New week, new Tuesday, new episode of the Machinima animated series Transformers: Combiner Wars! The fifth episode is titled Homecoming, and is currently available for US viewers via Verizon's go90 streaming service here. Later today, we will update this story with the Machinima official YouTube link, which works for viewers outside of the US - though not all regions, somehow. Also coming later, our regular review of the episode, so keep your optics tuned on Seibertron.com!

UPDATE: YouTube clip embedded.

Transformers News: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 5 'Homecoming' Now Online UPDATED

Credit(s): Machinima

This article was last modified on Tuesday, August 30th, 2016 12:12pm CDT

Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 5 'Homecoming' Now Online UPDATED (1820004)
Posted by o.supreme on August 30th, 2016 @ 9:47am CDT

Sabrblade wrote:this deep disembodied voice who told her "Don't... let this happen." Who said that?! And why was this a thing? It's never brought up again in the episode, nor even really acknowledged that much by Windblade when she hears it. It was just really weird.

I'm guessing/hoping for Metroplex, or some Titan, but at this point who knows. Based on some Q&A from the developers, I'm about 90% certain the final scene of the last episode will contain some kind of teaser of something to come. Unfortunately I don't think there ever will be a follow up to this based on how poorly it is being received.

Also yeah, the whole "we need to make a combiner". I wasn't aware that the enigma was like a genie lamp you could just rub and have one pop up out of nowhere. I guess the individual combiner components really aren't going to be acknowledged at all...again very sad.

Yay for Devastator I guess...and its sad to say, but this does seem like a shameless attempt from an adult who hated Rodimus back in 1986, to "kill him" just because. Yes maybe several of us thought that way 30 years ago, even acted it out with our toys...but now it just seems silly.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 5 'Homecoming' Now Online UPDATED (1820018)
Posted by Randomhero on August 30th, 2016 @ 10:08am CDT
o.supreme wrote:Just watched episode 5. If this was a longer series, this would have been a good scene. I know many people were hating on this series from frame 1, but I wanted to give a fair chance. After 5 episodes, I don't hate it, but I just don't like the overall story. Its direction, the world surrounding it....which is sad because I had such high hopes for it. Combiners and other large Transformers are literally my favorite characters in the franchise overall, its sad that 32+ years into this, they are very rarely portrayed in a way that seems accurate, if ever.

If critical reception was the only thing that mattered then we would never have gotten a movie after revenge of the fallen. Online media is based on views and advertisement. Just because a bunch of adult fans are so vocally negative doesn't mean this won't get to finish what they're planning with Titans Return and part 3.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 5 'Homecoming' Now Online UPDATED (1820057)
Posted by Kurona on August 30th, 2016 @ 11:19am CDT
Which is nice for me since Rodimus is probably my favourite Transformers character at this point.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 5 'Homecoming' Now Online UPDATED (1820058)
Posted by william-james88 on August 30th, 2016 @ 11:26am CDT
Kurona wrote:Not much to say other than Rodimus finally feeling natural. This feels like a more matured version of the character now who's learned to be cautious and kept his good morals intact; like a natural progression of the character in the G1 cartoon and other incarnations years later. Dunno where this Rodimus was in Episode 2, it's a complete 180.

I was gonna say the same thing but you said it better. I also like his voice here.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 5 'Homecoming' Now Online UPDATED (1820061)
Posted by Bronzewolf on August 30th, 2016 @ 11:37am CDT
I have to say, I really liked this episode. I have almost no problems with it at all. The review's on it's way!
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 5 'Homecoming' Now Online UPDATED (1820063)
Posted by o.supreme on August 30th, 2016 @ 11:47am CDT

https://youtu.be/8Qtgm5g5Gyo 0:42 ;)
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 5 'Homecoming' Now Online UPDATED (1820064)
Posted by william-james88 on August 30th, 2016 @ 11:49am CDT

I also thought it could be that, especially since those 3 do appear to be the heads of Cybertron.

Also, this now makes her a much more importat character than Maxima ever was. o much for that top 10 list.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 5 'Homecoming' Now Online UPDATED (1820065)
Posted by Bronzewolf on August 30th, 2016 @ 11:50am CDT
o.supreme wrote:About the Mistress...I assume the hammer she has is the Forge of Solus Prime, though I cannot find anything to confirm that, so I may be wrong, it may just be a facsimile. In any case... did it seem almost humorous to anyone else whenever she tapped her "forge" on the ground, the lack of weight it seemingly had really took away from her credibility. I mean if you are going to slam your staff down to get someone's attention, do it right...

https://youtu.be/8Qtgm5g5Gyo 0:42 ;)

Lol Right? *Tick* *Tick* *Tick*
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 5 'Homecoming' Now Online UPDATED (1820068)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 30th, 2016 @ 12:17pm CDT
Yeah, I doubt it's the Forge. It's probably just a symbol of her authority meant to be a tribute to the Forge in a vein of "Our great Solus Prime once wielded a mighty hammer of her own, and so too shall I wield a hammer of my own in her honor."
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 5 'Homecoming' Now Online UPDATED (1820081)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 30th, 2016 @ 1:32pm CDT
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 5 'Homecoming' Now Online UPDATED (1820087)
Posted by Mr Skram on August 30th, 2016 @ 1:44pm CDT
I laughed heartily when she did her little taptaptap with the hammer. :lol:

This show is like some beautiful fever dream. So inconsistent and nonsensical but I can't stop watching.

Also, dunno if anyone's seen this but I just found it while bouncing around from vid to vid on Youtube.

Talk about your toys coming to life on screen, eh?
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 5 'Homecoming' Now Online UPDATED (1820092)
Posted by Kurona on August 30th, 2016 @ 2:08pm CDT
Courtesy of fellow Seibertronian Mr Skram, we have a new Youtube video relevant to the recent animated Combiner Wars Machinima series - a stop-motion battle featuring Windblade, the Constructicons and Victorion by youtube user counter656, sponsored by Machinima. Perhaps most notably, it shortly contains a yet-to-be-seen clip of the actual series before the stop-motion battle starts. Check it out below and tell us what you think!

Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 5 'Homecoming' Now Online UPDATED (1820100)
Posted by Survivefan23 on August 30th, 2016 @ 2:48pm CDT
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 5 'Homecoming' Now Online UPDATED (1820102)
Posted by Mr Skram on August 30th, 2016 @ 3:01pm CDT
Survivefan23 wrote:For some dumb reason. My computer won't let me view YouTube videos on this site. I need a link from now on.

Here ya go! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P8VRCw87x0
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 5 'Homecoming' Now Online UPDATED (1820104)
Posted by Braker on August 30th, 2016 @ 3:28pm CDT
Sad that this looks better than the actual show...
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 5 'Homecoming' Now Online UPDATED (1820105)
Posted by Survivefan23 on August 30th, 2016 @ 3:29pm CDT
Thanks.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 5 'Homecoming' Now Online UPDATED (1820108)
Posted by Tyrannacon on August 30th, 2016 @ 3:31pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Megatron and Starscream are leading the way for me. Rodimus is good now too, but those first 2 are the best so far. I love this Megatron

Definitely agree with this. I loved Megatron and Starscream in this last video and this Megs is definitely an awesome one as always.

Mr Skram wrote:"Combiners are going to ruin everything" several moments later "omg we have to use the enigma!!!"
I laughed heartily when she did her little taptaptap with the hammer. :lol:

Talk about your toys coming to life on screen, eh?

I enjoyed that. Definitely not bad. Looked good to see the toys being animated via stop motion and what not.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 5 'Homecoming' Now Online UPDATED (1820112)
Posted by X3ROhour on August 30th, 2016 @ 3:42pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
Z3ROhour wrote:Computron was created by Grimlock?

I've never been able to come to terms with this.

Even if Grimlock just has a speech impediment,
In no way can he pull that off.

What am I missing?
Savant syndrome?

Tell me! 8-}

The G1 episode it happened in featured an accident where Grimlock got a ton of information and intelligence flown straight into his brain. He later created the Technobots and, to go back to his status quo, transferred the intelligence to them and Computron and went back to his usual self.

I watched it.
I get it.
Like Bulkhead's Synth-En?

Ok.
;)^
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 5 'Homecoming' Now Online UPDATED (1820113)
Posted by X3ROhour on August 30th, 2016 @ 3:44pm CDT
Me likey.

Want more.

:saint:
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Episode 5 'Homecoming' Now Online UPDATED (1820120)
Posted by X3ROhour on August 30th, 2016 @ 3:48pm CDT
That Bot wrote:I feel like the only person on this website who doesn't have any issues with the animation framerate. It seems fine to me.

It's alright and pretty.
Ain't no TF Prime!
But beggars and choosers!

;)^
:))

(:|

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Salvage & Whirl the flight bot & Hot Spot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers  Rescue Bot Quickshadow" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots DANI BURNS & (2) BLADES FLIGHT BOTS Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cliffjumper 2019 Figure Deluxe Class Earthrise War Cybertron Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee Rescue Guard 10-Inch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "VINTAGE 1984 TRANSFORMERS G1, Devastator , SCAVENGER + SCRAPPER, Takara, Japan" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-S37 BRUNT Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Hasbro 2019 MIB Sealed" on EBAY