Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Sneak Peak

Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Sneak Peak

Wednesday, April 20th, 2016 1:32pm CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 50,594

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to the Digital Fronts Conference, we now have a new sneak peak at Machinima's upcoming Combiner Wars Animated Series! Unfortunately, there is no video preview, but rather a pair of images showing off the scenery and the artwork design for the series. The Director will be Kenji Nakamura and the staff includes Eric Calderon, FJ Desanto, and George Krstic. Below you will find the information and pictures included in the sneak peak. The series will be coming in July.
Lastly but not leastly is passion platform Transformers, which you undoubtedly recognise if you were ever a child. There’s 10bn views of Transformers content on YouTube, not to mention four theatrical films, which saw $3.7bn in global revenues.

Machinima’s contribution to the canon, Transformers Combiner Wars, is 40 years removed from previous events. It’s a time of peace. Cybertron is ruled by a triumvirate … but an ancient technology has emerged, enabling a new threat to take the stage. As in the case of Robocops, there is no trailer we can share for this, but it was worked on by “some of the world’s leading creative minds”: Eric Calderon, FJ Desanto, and George Krstic. It is directed by Kenji Nakamura. License partners are welcome.

Here is some glorious artwork. This is the planet Cybertron, in which you get a sense of the filmlike cinematography (“This is not a children’s cartoon!” exclaimed Gutstein).




Transformers News: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Sneak Peak
Transformers News: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Sneak Peak

Credit(s): Digital Fronts


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Sneak Peak (1783010)
Posted by o.supreme on April 20th, 2016 @ 1:45pm CDT
Umm...okay... mountainous terrain, and *seemingly* a body of water on Cybertron? it is definitely its own thing...or perhaps 40 years after BM ?
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Sneak Peak (1783021)
Posted by Va'al on April 20th, 2016 @ 2:04pm CDT
Duuuuuuuuuude...

Purdy! :shock:
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Sneak Peak (1783022)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 20th, 2016 @ 2:07pm CDT
It's gonna have some nice scenery to blow up won't it :MAXIMAL:
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Sneak Peak (1783023)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 20th, 2016 @ 2:09pm CDT
Looks more like comic book artwork than animation artwork.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Sneak Peak (1783029)
Posted by Deadput on April 20th, 2016 @ 2:13pm CDT
The dude who directed Mononoke is in this.


I have good hopes for this show.


Edit: Never mind just realized that it's not PRINCESS Mononoke that I was thinking about but some other tv show over there.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Sneak Peak (1783030)
Posted by Deadput on April 20th, 2016 @ 2:15pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Looks more like comic book artwork than animation artwork.


Concept art I would believe.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Sneak Peak (1783032)
Posted by Va'al on April 20th, 2016 @ 2:16pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Looks more like comic book artwork than animation artwork.


Concept art I would believe.


Not necessarily! Could also be cutscenes or promotional material. :D
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Sneak Peak (1783033)
Posted by Deadput on April 20th, 2016 @ 2:17pm CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:
Not necessarily! Could also be cutscenes or promotional material. :D


That could very be the case as well!

Concept art was just the first thing that popped into my head thats all.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Sneak Peak (1783046)
Posted by RodimusRex on April 20th, 2016 @ 2:46pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:
Not necessarily! Could also be cutscenes or promotional material. :D


That could very be the case as well!

Concept art was just the first thing that popped into my head thats all.


They may also be pulling the Batman: The Animated Series style trick of using fully painted characters with limited animation for some close-ups or special shots. It CAN be a budget saving move but it's stylistically one of those things I like as a gimmick in traditional animation.

It does sound like this will be set in a nebulous post-G2, pre-Beast Wars continuity (albeit one where combiners may be a new thing). All I can say is that this may encourage me to pick up some figures and G2 reprolabels for my G2 shelf.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Sneak Peak (1783047)
Posted by RodimusRex on April 20th, 2016 @ 2:49pm CDT
As a side note: this could be an interesting way to work in the G2 store box sets if the G2 repaints are featured in flashbacks and the idea is that the characters dropped their G2 forms after the war.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Sneak Peak (1783058)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on April 20th, 2016 @ 3:02pm CDT
As long as they keep working on legion class I am happy. And g1 legion class even happier.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Sneak Peak (1783110)
Posted by Rainmaker on April 20th, 2016 @ 7:06pm CDT
Looks like RiD's animation, never really liked the animation in that show

:MAXIMAL:
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Sneak Peak (1783112)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 20th, 2016 @ 7:09pm CDT
[BW] Rainmaker wrote:Looks like RiD's animation, never really liked the animation in that show

:MAXIMAL:
The animation of either RiD cartoon does not look like that.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Sneak Peak (1783114)
Posted by Rainmaker on April 20th, 2016 @ 7:11pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
[BW] Rainmaker wrote:Looks like RiD's animation, never really liked the animation in that show

:MAXIMAL:
The animation of either RiD cartoon does not look like that.


What, I swear it does.

:MAXIMAL:
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Sneak Peak (1783115)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 20th, 2016 @ 7:14pm CDT
[BW] Rainmaker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
[BW] Rainmaker wrote:Looks like RiD's animation, never really liked the animation in that show

:MAXIMAL:
The animation of either RiD cartoon does not look like that.


What, I swear it does.

:MAXIMAL:
It looks too grim and serious to be like the bright and cheery look of either of the RiD cartoons.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Sneak Peak (1783125)
Posted by carytheone on April 20th, 2016 @ 8:12pm CDT
Those are some pretty snazzy images. I'd be proud to slap those on my trapper keeper or more realistically, my phone's background. Either way, gimme some high res version for DL ;)^
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Sneak Peak (1783133)
Posted by Ultra Markus on April 20th, 2016 @ 8:35pm CDT
what previous events are they talking about i seriously doubt BM or G2 have any part :-?
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Sneak Peak (1783142)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 20th, 2016 @ 8:47pm CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:what previous events are they talking about i seriously doubt BM or G2 have any part :-?
Most likely it's just a nebulous Autobot/Decepticon war whose exact events are unimportant to expound upon, much like how Beast Wars and Animated each took place in a post-war setting.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Sneak Peak (1783185)
Posted by RodimusRex on April 21st, 2016 @ 1:43am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:what previous events are they talking about i seriously doubt BM or G2 have any part :-?
Most likely it's just a nebulous Autobot/Decepticon war whose exact events are unimportant to expound upon, much like how Beast Wars and Animated each took place in a post-war setting.


The "rule by triumverate" sounds like Prowl, Ironhide, and Silverbolt, aka Magnaboss. I can't think of another example of three rulers sharing leadership of Cybertron, particularly in a setting 40 years after the great war and several years after the deaths of Optimus and Megatron.

My guess would be that the convention comic this last year was directed to lead into the Combiner Wars show, albeit VERY loosely. Not the same continuity but one parallel to it in some key ways.
Re: Machinima Transformers Combiner Wars Sneak Peak (1783188)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 21st, 2016 @ 2:19am CDT
RodimusRex wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:what previous events are they talking about i seriously doubt BM or G2 have any part :-?
Most likely it's just a nebulous Autobot/Decepticon war whose exact events are unimportant to expound upon, much like how Beast Wars and Animated each took place in a post-war setting.


The "rule by triumverate" sounds like Prowl, Ironhide, and Silverbolt, aka Magnaboss. I can't think of another example of three rulers sharing leadership of Cybertron, particularly in a setting 40 years after the great war and several years after the deaths of Optimus and Megatron.

My guess would be that the convention comic this last year was directed to lead into the Combiner Wars show, albeit VERY loosely. Not the same continuity but one parallel to it in some key ways.

Actually the triumvirate is likely to be Starscream, Windblade and one other. Maybe bumblebee, unless they killed him off in this timeline as well. I highly doubt it will have anything to do with the comic from bot con as combiner tech has already been introduced there.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Perceptor and Convex" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Galvatronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
Twincast / Podcast #271:
"Meh-pisode"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Shockwave Energon Armor Cyberverse Adventures - Optimus Prime 8"" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron Deluxe Class Autobot Chromia NEW! SEALED!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - War For Cybertron Kingdom Trilogy Leader Class Megatron(Beast)" on EBAY
Buy "Series 4 MEGATRON Transformers Tiny Turbo Changers Movie Edition 2018 Hasbro New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotCon 2003 T-Shirt XL Optimus Prime vs. Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Movie 2 Deluxe Chromia Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Q-Transformers QT33 Black Convoy Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Scattershot New MIB Betatron Combiner Scattorshot " on EBAY