Transformers News: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 8 'Collision Course' Now Online, plus Jaime King Clip

Monday, June 18th, 2018 11:54PM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, People News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 25,963

It's Tuesday again, Seibertronians, and you all know what that means! The next episode of Machinima's Power of the Primes animated series has been uploaded and is ready to be viewed. Plus, we also have some behind the scenes looks with Jaime King, the voice of original Thirteen Solus Prime, via Machinima's Instagram account.

Transformers: Prime Wars Trilogy Meet the Cast: Jaime King

In this BTS video for Transformers: Power of the Primes, actress Jaime King talks about the importance of her character's role in the Transformers: Prime Wars Trilogy.

A post shared by @machinima (@machinima) on

This week's episode can be watched on Go90 here, or for viewers outside of the US, it will be available shortly on the Prime Wars Tumblr here. After you've watched the episode, share your thoughts with other Seibertronians in the Energon Pub Forums, and stay tuned for our review of the episode coming soon too!

Credit(s): Machinima
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 8 'Collision Course' Now Online, plus Jaime King Clip (1965582)
Posted by Skritz on June 19th, 2018 @ 1:21am CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:i would bet that we wont see optimus primal as optimal optimus in this

If you mean the whole show I wouldn't put it past Machinima's level of fail. They don't get the basics behind 'merch cartoons' which you'd think anyone with a braincell would have figured out.
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 8 'Collision Course' Now Online, plus Jaime King Clip (1965611)
Posted by o.supreme on June 19th, 2018 @ 9:18am CDT

All that being said however, this wasn't the most terrible episode from recent weeks.

Grimlock" "Are we there yet?" (Just 2 more weeks buddy and it will be over. Yay!)

Optimus Primal- Can do what no other Prime or Titan Can -Punch gods in their face.

Rodimus Unicronus (I see you heheh...)

I was actually hoping all those flaming piles would be those characters end, but somehow I don't think I'm going to get that satisfaction.
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 8 'Collision Course' Now Online, plus Jaime King Clip (1965622)
Posted by Randomhero on June 19th, 2018 @ 10:43am CDT
o.supreme wrote:There's been good TF Animated Series, bad TF Animated Series, and now, ones that, when I see a new episode is available, Ill wait until the next day, because I don't want my sleep ruined by dwelling on how awful they are.

Rodimus Unicronus (I see you heheh...)

Why watch it then? I’m not trying to be argumentative I really asking.

If I don’t like something I don’t watch it. I didn’t like RID so I never comeplety watched it. Only episodes that looked interesting but in the end I watched maybe 5 episodes and that i don’t feel obligated to ever watch the entire series.

So for anyone why are you watching this series if you dont like it? Is it to join in on bashing it with other strangers ons message board? What’s the reason because I legitimately don’t get it.
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 8 'Collision Course' Now Online, plus Jaime King Clip (1965623)
Posted by o.supreme on June 19th, 2018 @ 11:02am CDT

Prime Wars is what's new, and current, and what is worth discussing (good or bad). Trust me, most people are refraining. If this series were good, it'd have way more posts than it currently does. And you may think I'm being negative, but go back and see all the posts that could rightfully be considered spam. I agree saying "This Sucks", doesn't help or add anything. Saying why someone feels so, which I try to do, and admittedly may not be perfect at, is more important.

I can fairly confidently say, I REALLY wanted this to be good. CW had great potential for an awesome animated series, it just failed to execute on so many levels, and it just keeps on going. I know it wont get better, but with 2 episodes left, really, what else (other than IDW which is ending) is there currently going on in Transformers Media?
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 8 'Collision Course' Now Online, plus Jaime King Clip (1965631)
Posted by Bronzewolf on June 19th, 2018 @ 12:18pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:

Contractually obligated. :D
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 8 'Collision Course' Now Online, plus Jaime King Clip (1965634)
Posted by That_Guy on June 19th, 2018 @ 1:13pm CDT
Bronzewolf wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

Contractually obligated. :D

Personally kills time at work, plus I want to complete the series, and it's a great way to stay in shape.

Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 8 'Collision Course' Now Online, plus Jaime King Clip (1965635)
Posted by Randomhero on June 19th, 2018 @ 1:15pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:Well I would watch the other animated TF series...oh wait, there isn't one on currently. Generally I enjoy TF animation (more so than the comics), and it pains me because I know that with better writers, staff, production budget, animation etc... a better product can be produced. Sure I could go back and watch the Original Animated series for the 800th time, Beast Wars for the 100th time, RiD for the 25th time, Prime for the 15th time etc... but after years and years, there really isn't much new to glean from those series, as much as I enjoy most of them.

But who says you have to though? And you are you being really negative. Your own post ended with you hoping all the ones that were attacked by Meagtronus died. Or that you’re saying you didn’t want to watch it before bed because you didn’t want it to ruin your sleep.

Nobody is making you watch it. You’re forcing yourself to watch something you don’t like to what? Complain? Join the crowd of haters? I don’t get it man. If you don’t like something just do not give it your time. You don’t. Have to see everything transformers. Plenty of people have admitted they don’t watch the movies because they don’t like them. Dropped the comics for reasons or just stopped collecting the toys because they don’t like them or just grew it if playing with toys.
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 8 'Collision Course' Now Online, plus Jaime King Clip (1965642)
Posted by william-james88 on June 19th, 2018 @ 2:13pm CDT
I feel we owe it to Hasbro to watch this as fans. This was made for us afterall. And we can say if we liked it or not. Never stopped fans doing it for the Bay films and those werent even made for fans specifically.
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 8 'Collision Course' Now Online, plus Jaime King Clip (1965651)
Posted by Burn on June 19th, 2018 @ 3:29pm CDT

But honestly ... "are we there yet?" That's just terrible.
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 8 'Collision Course' Now Online, plus Jaime King Clip (1965654)
Posted by Skritz on June 19th, 2018 @ 4:21pm CDT
You know what's sad? Had any of the three (or a mix of some elements of all three) Prime Wars toyline and it's gimmicks and characters been used for a full-length Transformers show and done right, it could have been good. No really, hear me out. Yes it would have been a 'toy commercial' but in this franchise it's a requirement, isn't it?

Had they adapted Combiner Wars we could have had a show centered around various ensemble cast of combiner teams which used them both as individual characters and as an excuse to show giant combining robots punching each others as well as doing mix-and-match combinations which could have made for some neat fight scenes where colossal robots duke it out, lose limbs and the damaged robots just jump off the combiner while the limbs without a torso attach themselves to the combiner to keep it fighting.

Had Titans Return been adapted stand alone? We would essentially more or less ended up with The Rebirth but presumably better, complete possibly with Powermaster Optimus Prime making a debut in animated form (not counting Ginrai, of course) since he's the biggest Optimus toy on the line. Possibly it could have featured Overlord, Black Sky Shadow and/or Sixshot in major villain roles.

Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 8 'Collision Course' Now Online, plus Jaime King Clip (1965655)
Posted by o.supreme on June 19th, 2018 @ 4:26pm CDT
Skritz wrote:How wrong is it that a more direct adaptation of the toyline as a shameless commercial could have ended up with more potential than this mess? :HEADHURTS:

It's not wrong, in fact, it's exactly what I was hoping for :(
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 8 'Collision Course' Now Online, plus Jaime King Clip (1965661)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 19th, 2018 @ 5:12pm CDT
Burn wrote:I would much rather watch a trainwreck and be able to have an educated opinion rather than just jump on some hate bandwagon.

My opinion exactly too. I watch it all cause I am a transformers fan and it gives me proper reasons to critique it too cause I see what I don't like and what could be better in my eyes.

And it's something to watch. Don't have anything else going on at the moment
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 8 'Collision Course' Now Online, plus Jaime King Clip (1965662)
Posted by Skritz on June 19th, 2018 @ 5:16pm CDT
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 8 'Collision Course' Now Online, plus Jaime King Clip (1965665)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 19th, 2018 @ 5:20pm CDT
But there's never been a reason for it to be in a series since beast wars/machines as primal himself hasn't appeared since then (outside of robot machines shorts and club fiction/idw cameos)
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 8 'Collision Course' Now Online, plus Jaime King Clip (1965666)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 19th, 2018 @ 5:49pm CDT
Skritz wrote:I still hope we see Primal's upgraded form, if only because it would be the first time we see it onscreen in a show since Beast Machine.

Well, based on the fact that Perceptor tried to move the matrix and couldn't and Unicron is now here to destroy the enigma, I feel confident in guessing that at the end of next episode, Rodimus Unicronus will be about to destroy the matrix and then the episode will end with Primal lunging for it, and in the final episode, he turns into Optimal Optimus, defeats Unicron, purifies Rodimus, and Megatron kills Megatronus, or Solus drags Megatronus into the afterspark with her
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 8 'Collision Course' Now Online, plus Jaime King Clip (1965674)
Posted by Bronzewolf on June 19th, 2018 @ 7:02pm CDT
Sorry guys. I was just too busy to do the review last week. This week's review is currently getting delayed by Tornado Warnings. :shock: We'll do a double feature tomorrow!!
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 8 'Collision Course' Now Online, plus Jaime King Clip (1965719)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 19th, 2018 @ 11:06pm CDT
Skritz wrote:You know what's sad? Had any of the three (or a mix of some elements of all three) Prime Wars toyline and it's gimmicks and characters been used for a full-length Transformers show and done right, it could have been good.
Well... Yeah. I mean, doesn't that kinda go without saying? Like, if something is used well and done right, it would be considered "good", right?
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 8 'Collision Course' Now Online, plus Jaime King Clip (1965866)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 20th, 2018 @ 10:46pm CDT

I always pictured solus prime as a dude like an asgardian blacksmith kinda dude

WUT?
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 8 'Collision Course' Now Online, plus Jaime King Clip (1965874)
Posted by william-james88 on June 21st, 2018 @ 12:12am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I just read this comment on Facebook made in response to the video of Jaime King talking about Solus Prime:

I always pictured solus prime as a dude like an asgardian blacksmith kinda dude

WUT?

I dont get what the big deal is, the person didnt know much about Solus Prime and thought 'he' was a keeper of the forge like Hephaistos. Although they did mix up greek and Norse mythology. Its not like the name Solus Prime is indicative of the bot's sex.
Re: Machinima Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 8 'Collision Course' Now Online, plus Jaime King Clip (1966803)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 25th, 2018 @ 11:19pm CDT
Episode 9 - https://www.go90.com/videos/0SAOtpXNTIY

Just one more left to go after this.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

Buy "Transformers Bumblebee: A New Car for Charlie (Passport to Reading Level 2)" on EBAY
Buy "IN HAND NEW! Transformers G1 Minibot Swerve 2018 Walmart Reissue IN USA!" on EBAY
Buy "IN HAND NEW! Transformers G1 Minibot Tailgate 2018 Walmart Reissue IN USA!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Shadow Striker Ultra Series Wave 1 Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Cyberverse (Ultra Class) - Shadow Striker" on EBAY
Buy "2 NEW TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS POWERS OF PRIME FIGURES:TAILGATE & BATTLE FLASH" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy TransFormers Device Label Autobot BLASTER/BROADBLAST USB HUB figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation 2 Gearhead 1994 Go-Bots Vintage Toy Car" on EBAY