Machinima Transformers Titans Return Episode 3 Now Online

Transformers News: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Episode 3 Now Online

Tuesday, November 21st, 2017 10:14AM CST

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: D-Maximus_Prime   Views: 16,544

Another Tuesday rolls around, and with it the next episode in Machinima's Titans Return series! Episdoe 3 has gone live, titled "The Fight Begins", and features a montage of new information for us to look into.

The episode includes, but in no way is limited to, some scenes of Trypticon and Metroplex finally doing battle once more, Hot Rod speeding down the road, the Matrix and its connection to Optimus Prime, the return of a fan favorite Megatron, and a prelude to what is next for the series (after only 3 episodes no less!). You can check out the full episode by following the above link, and stay tuned for a review of the episode from our own series reviewer extraordinaire, Bronzewolf!

Did you miss the first 2 episodes? You can find the links Here.

Transformers News: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Episode 3 Now Online
Credit(s): Go90. Machinima
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Episode 3 Now Online (1922973)
Posted by o.supreme on November 21st, 2017 @ 10:21am CST
Angelina Pax has episode 3 broken into pieces on her Youtube Channel. Just watched it on go90 however. It's getting kind of lame again. The episode didn't really go anywhere. It was nice to see Metroplex & Trypticon brawl, but did everyone forget they have weapons? Missiles, Lasers...anything?

Oh and I'm not sure why there are so many people on youtube going nuts on whoever is voicing Menasor and Computron. They said one and two words respectively. I mean I understand everyone has to start somewhere, but as far as the vocal talent in this show, these two are at the very bottom, and it shows. Perceptor continues to be the only character that has any personality.

"How's the evacuation going" LOL Really? Yeah...all 2 bots in the citadel are still there. I understand sometimes it takes a lot of work to make a city feel populated, but there are some tricks I'm sure experienced animators know to give a feeling of populating an area, without showing all the people. This just feels like generic empty Cybertron we've seen in most other incarnations. Other than the characters onscreen, there's nobody there.

Oh...and I guess the reason why Metroplex & Trypticon didn't fire any of their weapons is because one single missile is all they could afford to animate, and it apparently has the ability to end the world, or not...man that's some missile :lol: .
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Episode 3 Now Online (1922996)
Posted by Randomhero on November 21st, 2017 @ 11:19am CST
o.supreme wrote:Abgelina Pax has episode 3 broken into pieces on her Youtube Channel. Just watched it on go90 however. It's getting kind of lame again. The episode didn't really go anywhere. It was nice to see Metroplex & Trypticon brawl, but did everyone forget they have weapons? Missiles, Lasers...anything?

Honestly I dont mean to be rude but it sounds like you’re just wanting to be critical and find issues.

I thought the episode was fine. It’s fighting that’s all it was with a couple cutaways but good cutaways. Optimus and Megatron continue to be the gems of this series and Optimus extending his hand to Megatron to finally move forward was great and Megatron turning away was great. He’s becoming my favorite Megatron next to IDW.

Menasor is a side character I’m not going to judge a side character for their one line.

As for firepower: metroplex is established as injured. Maybe he can’t access his armory defenses and with trypiticon, starscream is possessing him but he’s acting like a feral beast. He probably doesn’t know how to use his guns and artillery
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Episode 3 Now Online (1923007)
Posted by o.supreme on November 21st, 2017 @ 11:52am CST
Just to be clear, I'm not judging the character, or the VA voicing that character. I'm questioning the fans adulation of someone based on pretty much nothing.
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Episode 3 Now Online (1923017)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on November 21st, 2017 @ 12:36pm CST

I'd really like to hear more with Hot Rod, since they have Judd Nelson doing the voice here, but they aren't exactly giving him a lot of lines.

I still think she show has potential, I'm just afraid it'll fail at meeting it.
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Episode 3 Now Online (1923023)
Posted by Randomhero on November 21st, 2017 @ 1:48pm CST
Rodimus Knight wrote:Perceptor does have some personality, although for a moment there, i could hear Weasley Crusher come through, especially at the only moment he sounded excited. blahhh

I still think she show has potential, I'm just afraid it'll fail at meeting it.

May be too soon but my faith in it is pretty restored. We’re 30 minutes in and it’s mostly been set up. With CW we’d be almost done, like thered be 10 minutes. This is going to be almost 2 hours so I’ve got faith in it.

With a rodimus/hot rod I’d wager he’ll have a much bigger role. His story is just starting and he’s off doing something now. I think the voicing has really improved. The handful of lines from optimus feel like I’m wathcing the cartoon again. It feels like when I played Devastation and I was smiling from ear to ear hearing peter Cullen play G1 Optimus again becuase G1 optimus is much different than movie optimus and Prime/RID Optimus in voice. Both just sounded tired. I hated optimus in Prime becuase he sounded like he just didn’t give a damn about anything when he was talking.

Maybe it’s becuase I’m looking at G1 optimus while he’s speaking and if that’s so than it’s working for me.
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Episode 3 Now Online (1923028)
Posted by Bronzewolf on November 21st, 2017 @ 3:25pm CST
Welcome back (and to those just joining, welcome) to another Machinima Titan's Return review! Last week saw the release of the first two episodes of this new series, (you can catch up on my review for those here and here) and this week we finally get the resolution to some of the cliffhanging plot threads left over from last week. Let's get straight to it and take a look at Titan's Return Episode 3!

So, we pick up where we left off in episode 2, with Trypticon in the middle of rampaging through Cybertron and Metroplex coming to meet him. And then, finally, we get the big (literally) fight scene between the two titans. It's actually fairly well done and entertaining to watch. Windblade again tries to get Metroplex to stand down, but he knows he must to defend the city.

Mmmm, hot giant robot-on-giant robot dinosaur action

Thanks to a random bit of purple smoke that comes out of Trypticon's mouth(?), we hear Starscream's voice, and Windblade and Metroplex discover that Starscream is the one controlling Trypticon.

Bluhh, sorry, I had Chipotle

We cut away from the fight for a moment to catch up with Perceptor and the Mistress of Flame, who make contact with Hot Rod. He asks how the evacuation is going, even though we've seen no one but the main cast in this entire city. Hot Rod informs them he'll be arriving shortly to aid with the fight.

We then cut to the Matrix of Leadership, now in the hands of the 13 Primes, who send a message to Optimus Prime. He stops, heeding the sign from the Matrix, and realizes what has happened in the city he's left behind. He travels back to the fight, and then, finally, we get the reappearance of Megatron. He remains the greatest, best-acted character in the entire two series, and the dialogue and exposition between he and Optimus in this scene is really good. He gives us some foreshadowing about the next series, Power of the Primes.

AW YISSSS

But all good things must come to an end, as, like a thief in the night, Megatron leaves as soon as he arrived. He decides not to go with Optimus to save the city, but I'd assume this is not the last we'll see of him through the rest of the series.

While this is all happening, we find the Mistress of Flame and Perceptor trying to contact the combiners on their quest to find Fortress Maximus, which they are unable to do.

"[Trypticon] could want one thing, or everything!" .....What?!?!? What is this writing??

After watching the battle for a few moments more, she sends Perceptor to turn on the castle's defense systems, while she goes to her "Prayer Chamber".

#thoughtsandprayers

Perceptor then makes it to the basilica control room, and turns the defenses on.

Orchestrated by Daft Punk, apparently.

The combiners finally make it to Fortress Maximus and attempt to activate it. We hear Youtuber Matpat in the role of Computron for the first time, and there's kind of a unique, fun dynamic between all the combiners hinted at here. Menasor fires off a missile by accident, with no idea where it will land. With that, episode 3 ends.

It's ya boy, DJ P3rcy P, spinning some fresh hits for ya all night long...

This was, again, a good episode. It was nothing exceptional, but the Metroplex/Trypticon battle scenes were very well done, and makes up for some pacing, timing, and writing issues that are pretty regular in this series so far. I honestly think it's biggest issue currrently is that, even though you had a pretty constant amount of action in this episode, it still feels pretty dull. It just doesn't grab you and make you feel like you're involved or invested in these battles you're seeing. The pacing issues coupled with the wide, steady, far out camera angles I think really detach you from the situation, which is not how you should feel. It just makes everything seem inconsequential, when it really isn't. This is still a huge improvement over the last series, though, because we've move on from being "Oh this is just bad" to actual critique, dissecting the actual occasional flaw that presents itself.

Well, that's it this week. What did you think? Watch the new episode over on Go90, and then come back and tell us in the Energon pub forums below! Happy Thanksgiving to you all if you celebrate it, and I'll see you next Tuesday!
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Episode 3 Now Online (1923029)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on November 21st, 2017 @ 4:11pm CST
Maybe it's just me, but It didn't exactly sound like Starscream was Controlling Tripticon. I got more of the impression that Starscream was more like a "battery" so to speak, or maybe a key. Like his Spark was used to Activate Tripticon but not allow him to control the Titan.

Simply put, I thought Starscream sounded more like he was in pain, then anything else, but that's just me.
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Episode 3 Now Online (1923056)
Posted by Qwan on November 21st, 2017 @ 6:26pm CST
Not too long after the last interview with Peter Cullen about his role as Optimus Prime in Machinima's Titans Return animated series, we have another one with the great man, coming from the LA Times! The questions cover how he first landed the role back in the days of Generation One; the changes to the voice-acting process over time since he started his career; his bond with frequent (though not present in Machinima's series) voice of Megatron, Frank Welker; and even more!

The article doesn't touch too much on Machinima's series specifically, but it nonetheless contains a fair few interesting tidbits about Cullen's role, and his feelings on the current acting environment in animation. Check out a couple excerpts below, and of course read the full interview here! And as always, stick around Seibertron.com for more news and coverage of Machinima's series (like our review of the recently-released third episode) as it happens!

[quote]Did you ever think you'd see the Transformers characters as characters in a live-action/CGI movie?
No. Not really — especially after the 1986 [animated] movie because I was killed off. Frankly I didn't pay much attention to the show after that. I may have checked out a few [episodes] while I was doing it, but I had a family of my own. And my kids — my son — was not interested in cartoons and animation. He was a motocross and jet ski guy. He was not a sit-at-home-and-watch-TV kid. So I didn't get any feedback for years!

Your animation nemesis — voice actor Frank Welker — isn't in this latest Transformers iteration, but playing against his Megatron for so many years must have created a special bond.
A great bond. There's something about voiceover actors ... they're really underestimated and taken for granted. When I'm in a room with these talented guys ... they're really talented people and humble people. They're just marvelous people. Judd Nelson, who did Rodimus Prime or Hotrod in the newest series, what a great guy. Sensational human being and great talent. A great intellectual approach to a lot of his characters. And Frank — that's a bond that has lasted decades. It's such a privilege to be in a room with those people.

A lot of voiceover now is done, as you said, on a microphone in someone's home nowadays. Most would imagine that performing in-studio with other actors adds a different tone as opposed to being strictly digital.
The way I would express it would be like if you played on a football team and you weren't in the main locker room getting ready for a game around all the other players. You were just put in a room with your uniform and told to meet up on the field. You're missing 98% of the whole thing. You're missing the team, the camaraderie , the energy, the spirits, the willingness to combine efforts together and produce something good. When you're with a full group, you're inspired. And not only that, but the amount of laughter that ensued was just — you can't describe it. If it was school, we'd all be staying in detention.

Because it is so recognizable, have you ever thought of your voice as a liability in terms of getting other roles?
No. I never use Optimus Prime's voice for anything else. I studied voice, so I know I can get down and [lowers his voice] add the timber. It's just something I was capable of doing and I've never looked back.The voice is an instrument like any other. It's just about how you play it.[/quote]
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Episode 3 Now Online (1923059)
Posted by o.supreme on November 21st, 2017 @ 7:03pm CST

When Op and Megs are conversing and the Requiem Blaster is referenced along with the Enigma of Combination, as powerful ancient relics,...I wonder what this is in reference to? Has the Requiem Blaster ever been mentioned outside of Armada?...maybe it will be a super weapon in PotP?

Also I know this is in some *alternate* OG continuity...but I cant think of any continuity off the top of my head that this would be remotely based on whereby, after Optimus Prime is Resurrected, that Megatron, Starscream, and the original seekers would still be around in the distant future...But I guess that's a good thing. Distancing this from the actual original series as much as possible.
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Episode 3 Now Online (1923068)
Posted by Sunstar on November 21st, 2017 @ 8:20pm CST
Does anyone know how a canadian can view these series? Or where i can find them...
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Episode 3 Now Online (1923079)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 21st, 2017 @ 9:16pm CST
o.supreme wrote:so, my son wanted to get caught up so I gave episode 3 a second viewing this afternoon. There was one part I'll admit that intrigued me a bit.

Yes. The Aligned continuity reimagined a terrible weapon of devastating potential called the Requiem Blaster as the personal weapon of Megatronus. The novel trilogy and the Covenant of Primus went into more about it.
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Episode 3 Now Online (1923086)
Posted by King Kuuga on November 21st, 2017 @ 9:59pm CST
The official Transformers Facebook page lists https://transformersprimewars.tumblr.com/ as the official host of the series for non-US viewers.
https://www.facebook.com/transformers/v ... 319446655/
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Episode 3 Now Online (1923132)
Posted by Big Grim on November 22nd, 2017 @ 4:25am CST
Tried to give this a shot on their tumblr. It kept reloading itself, so screw it. I care not.
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Episode 3 Now Online (1923143)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 22nd, 2017 @ 7:35am CST
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Episode 3 Now Online (1923285)
Posted by King Kuuga on November 23rd, 2017 @ 3:38am CST
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Episode 3 Now Online (1923289)
Posted by Burn on November 23rd, 2017 @ 4:51am CST
King Kuuga wrote:The amount of posts I'm seeing on the Facebook ads asking where to watch the show, when said ads have links to both go90 and the Tumblr in them, is kind of timing my faith in the human race.

Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Episode 3 Now Online (1923321)
Posted by Sunstar on November 23rd, 2017 @ 10:33am CST
when the mistress said she was going to the chamber, I thought "thoughts and prayers" And she was the one who had the gall to consider Perceptor ineffectual because "he's not a warrior". I would consider Perceptor more effective than the mistress - or anyone who locks themselves up in a chamber to pray.
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Episode 3 Now Online (1923364)
Posted by King Kuuga on November 23rd, 2017 @ 4:33pm CST
Burn wrote:Actually they're legitimate questions. go90 isn't available to anyone outside of the US (unless they're using a VPN) and the Tumblr has no controls other than Pause/Play. You can't go full screen or anything. (At least that's how it is in my browser)

What I'm seeing are people who see the video ads, go "okay this looks neat", and go to the comments to ask where they can watch it.... even though it says right there in the post where they can watch it. Neither service is ideal but the information is right there.
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Episode 3 Now Online (1923374)
Posted by Burn on November 23rd, 2017 @ 5:20pm CST
King Kuuga wrote:

If it's Facebook, some people need to be replied directly to. They're incapable of reading other comments.
Re: Machinima Transformers Titans Return Episode 3 Now Online (1923407)
Posted by King Kuuga on November 23rd, 2017 @ 7:45pm CST
See, I kinda get not reading the other comments, especially with FB not showing everything all the time. But not reading the original post which contains the video and promo blurb about where and how to watch....
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Strongarm Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 61%
You save: 49%
You save: 40%
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 40%
You save: 34%
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Legends Class Dinobot Slash" on AMAZON
You save: 33%