Machinima's Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 3 Airs Online

Transformers News: Machinima's Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 3 Airs Online

Tuesday, May 15th, 2018 12:54AM CDT

Category: Digital Media News
Posted by: Qwan   Views: 7,880

It's that time of week again! The third episode of Machinima's Power of the Primes series has appeared online, and is now available for viewing if that's your sort of thing. Check below for the synopsis, and thanks to Seibertronian Sabrblade for the tip!

You can watch this episode through the Go90 app or on their website if you're in the US, or otherwise on the Prime Wars Tumblr page. If you're somehow looking for a recap three episodes in, check out Seibertron's reviews of Episode 1 and Episode 2 by our very own Bronzewolf - the review for this episode should be coming soon, so stay tuned for that, too!

Still without Megatron, the team must now fend off both Volcanicus and Predaking. Meanwhile, Megatronus arrives at the Well of Sparks to forge a new device that will help him accomplish his nefarious plan.

Credit(s): go90.com
Re: Machinima's Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 3 Airs Online (1959546)
Posted by WreckerJack on May 15th, 2018 @ 3:04am CDT
Re: Machinima's Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 3 Airs Online (1959547)
Posted by Qwan on May 15th, 2018 @ 3:10am CDT
WreckerJack wrote:Go90 and Tumblr are both giving me the spinning circle of buffering doom. Why me?

Why the universe chose to spare you in particular is something we simply cannot know.

Re: Machinima's Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 3 Airs Online (1959552)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on May 15th, 2018 @ 4:59am CDT

It's happened to me too. At least on Go90, if you click the video to pause, it should fix it.
Re: Machinima's Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 3 Airs Online (1959553)
Posted by Burn on May 15th, 2018 @ 5:58am CDT
Well, that's 10 minutes of my life wasted.

Felt like the first five minutes of dialogue was nothing but grunts, and running through really long grass ... though actually the running was nearly all 10 minutes.

Did anything really happen? Megatron pressed a button. That's about it.

wheeeeee
Re: Machinima's Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 3 Airs Online (1959557)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 15th, 2018 @ 7:09am CDT
Whoever thought the pacing of this was okay needs some serious oversight. I'm dreading what's going to happen next week, will it be a case of we don't find out what happens with the button till the last few minutes?

On one hand, I'm glad we didn't get the idw versions of combiner wars and titans returns adapted as both were quite bad in execution but they were better than what we got here. Given the ideas they had to work with, there was plenty that could be done with this series, I could have looked past the actual animation itself if the story had been good.
Re: Machinima's Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 3 Airs Online (1959560)
Posted by ausbot on May 15th, 2018 @ 7:28am CDT
Re: Machinima's Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 3 Airs Online (1959563)
Posted by Qwan on May 15th, 2018 @ 8:01am CDT
ausbot wrote:I thought it was a really good episode, possibly the best one so far. But I respect everyone has a different opinion.

And the rest of us (hopefully) respect yours too! :D It's cool that you enjoy the show, and it makes me happy to know some people like it.

If I may ask: is there something about it that particularly appeals to you? Or just sort of a general, "I like this show" sort of feeling?
Re: Machinima's Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 3 Airs Online (1959564)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 15th, 2018 @ 8:03am CDT
Also, leave it to this show to not tell us what that place is where Megatronus is, but to instead only have us be told by the online description that it's "the Well of Sparks". :roll:
Re: Machinima's Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 3 Airs Online (1959569)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 15th, 2018 @ 8:25am CDT
Here's a third option for anyone who can't view the episode on either Go90 or Tumblr:

Re: Machinima's Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 3 Airs Online (1959597)
Posted by o.supreme on May 15th, 2018 @ 10:22am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:GAH, this show is stupid!

I have questions, but not really the energy to ask them. I'm just going to quote this every Tuesday morning until the shows over, it will be easier. ;)

Predaking FLAPPED HIS WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

sorry had to get that out
Re: Machinima's Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 3 Airs Online (1959727)
Posted by ausbot on May 15th, 2018 @ 10:51pm CDT
Re: Machinima's Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 3 Airs Online (1959729)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 15th, 2018 @ 10:55pm CDT
ausbot wrote:The reason I like it is because it feels and looks a little like the G1 cartoon. I don't think its ground breaking, I just shut my brain off and watch.
Not even the G1 cartoon felt this asinine.

Slag, not even Challenge of the GoBots felt this bad, and that show had plenty of stinker episodes in addition to its decent ones.
Re: Machinima's Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 3 Airs Online (1959799)
Posted by o.supreme on May 16th, 2018 @ 10:00am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Not even the G1 cartoon felt this asinine.

couple of things here...I love the Original Animated Series, it's great, certainly not flawless, but still watchable, and much better than most animated series being produced currently.

Secondly, ausbot, by chance when was the last time you watched any of the original animated series? Even me, with my *nostalgia prism* on full, recognize that the original Series, and the Machinima produced series are not the same in look, tone, etc...

I find that many who share this opinion, perhaps are basing their memories off of Transformers:The Movie, and often times, they have not seen that , or any of the original episodes in many years. TF:TM was the pinnacle of the original series, but because it was so far above and beyond the rest of the series, people tend to forget and kind of think, everything was like TF:TM (if only...)

I'm not saying this is the case with you ausbot. But I have this idea in my head, that the creators of the Machinima Prime wars trilogy were all these adults, who may have liked Transformers as kids, but hadn't seen it in 20+ years, and only vaguely remember TF:TM. They got mandate form Hasbro which characters to include, and went form there, really not researching anything from the lore, Past OR Present, and just relying on their childhood memories.
Re: Machinima's Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 3 Airs Online (1959814)
Posted by Ultra Markus on May 16th, 2018 @ 11:21am CDT
o.supreme wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Not even the G1 cartoon felt this asinine.

To me the only nostalgia part is optimus prime and megatron but in looks only
I find everything else to be way off fro. G1 and it feels like a lot is missing out of the entire trilogy
Re: Machinima's Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 3 Airs Online (1959818)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 16th, 2018 @ 11:52am CDT
Re: Machinima's Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 3 Airs Online (1959821)
Posted by o.supreme on May 16th, 2018 @ 12:13pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I wouldn't say g1 is better than what kids watch now...it's different because the market has changed completely from the 80s. Personally I feel the 90s was the best decade for cartoons but that's just my opinion (i mean, come on, beast wars, swat kats, spiderman, x men, iron man, fantastic four, hulk, silver surfer, batman the animated series and others that I remember) thing is though, a lot of kids now probably would get bored with G1 as it's a product of its time.

Oh I wholeheartedly agree. The 90's had some of the best animated series ever, in terms of quality of story, animation, casting etc... However, when I look at what CN is churning out, now, and especially since 2014 (ish...) its nothing but dumbass comedies for kids who have ADD, and Disney Channel is not much better. Even their Marvel shows are pale copies of the MCU, and that's about it.

Now I know it may not be fair to compare comedies to action series, but CN pretty much killed that genre, which is why I have so much disdain for them. I think the Netflix Voltron series is probably the only real quality Action series I can watch TODAY that is resoundingly superior to the original Transformers animated series. I would have put Star Wars Rebels, on that list, as well a DreamWorks Dragons, but those have all recently ended. I am waiting with eager anticipation to the long awaited season 3 of Young Justice, but that's about it.

Unfortunately Machinima's Combiners Wars was my one hope for a decent Transformers series since Prime ended in 2013, but it was a major disappointment. RiD15 is forgettable at best, and while I'll give Cybermissions a shot, I'm not expecting much, especially since it appears to be falling into so many of the same trappings of other shows on CN.
Re: Machinima's Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 3 Airs Online (1959844)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 16th, 2018 @ 2:16pm CDT
Oh yeah I totally agree with the machinima series being a let down, I was cautiously optimistic at first, the episode lengths were never an issue with me (I loved the first clone wars series by the guys who did samurai jack, they were short eps as well) but it's just been bad decisions all over the place.
Re: Machinima's Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 3 Airs Online (1959857)
Posted by Ultra Markus on May 16th, 2018 @ 2:36pm CDT

We still have some kick ass shows now,
Like the whole marvel series of shows like ultimate spider man and now avengers assemble and guardians of the galaxy also star wars rebels and soon a new season of young justice I was hoping machima transformers would another show that would be at that level, or at least how the GI JOE resolute show was kind of dark kind of R rated
Re: Machinima's Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 3 Airs Online (1959861)
Posted by Galactic Prime on May 16th, 2018 @ 2:48pm CDT
To be completely realistic The last time there was a really GOOD Transformers show on TV was Prime. Before that, Animated. Before that Beast Wars was ok, not as good as Animated or Prime, but certainly not as shitty as the Unicron Trilogy or Beast Machines.

We're bound to get another series that will be good someday, but this Machinima crap most certainly is not it.
Re: Machinima's Transformers Power of the Primes Episode 3 Airs Online (1959927)
Posted by Bronzewolf on May 17th, 2018 @ 1:57am CDT
It's been a few weeks since Power of the Primes, the third and final installment of the Machinima series of Transformers cartoons, and this Tuesday brought with it episode 3, "Without Warning". The previous two episodes haven't lived up to many expectations, will the third be any different? Tune in as we take a look at the episode to find out. Read on!

(Note: The following review contains spoilers for the Machinima Power of the Primes cartoon.)

So, we start out again in the swamp, a place that the cast somehow hasn't been able to move on from for the entire show so far, with Victorion still being tossed around by Predaking, a new character in the show who just arrived last episode. Windblade tries to help by...shooting Victorion several times.

*rubs temples*

Perceptor tries to find a way to help that consists of actual helping, as Volcanicus, the combiner made up of the dinobots, starts to gain consciousness again after being shot to the ground by Predaking in the last episode. He promptly starts chasing after the Predacons for revenge.
We catch up with Megatron, who approaches the shiny thing he was distracted by in the last episode, and it turns out to be a giant energon waterfall that looks like a Matrix, with the insignia of the various original Primes stamped on it.

Perceptor tries to distract Predaking from attacking the others, and soon all three of the main cast are being chased by two giant combiners.

*Record Scratch* *Freeze Frame* "Yep, that's me. I bet you're wondering how I got here..."\

Something to touch base on here briefly is the random inclusion of assorted slow motion shots peppered in here or there through the episode. They are painfully out of place, and haven't been a part of the show so far, (or either of the other shows, if memory serves) so they're a bit of a jarring change. They remind me of the infamous split screen edits that randomly popped up in the second half of the previous series.

We also catch up with the main baddie of this series, Megatronus, who has released the Enigma of Combination to place it in a shrine of sorts, at the head of the well of sparks, deep in the heart of Cybertron.

Oh God*** it it's just the ******* Infinity Gauntlet, isn't it?!?

As he sets the the Enigma within the altar, we're treated to another flashback from the days of the original Primes. Solus begs Megatronus to return the Requiem Blaster so she can destroy it, promising she'll craft him more weapons in exchange. She mentions she doesn't want to fuel his, *ahem*, appetite for destruction, if you will.

Megatronus promises he'll take care of the blaster, but Solus grabs it from his back. They fight over it, accidentally triggering it to fire. A beam is launched off the surface of Cybertron, killing Solus in the process. Megatronus mourns her as the spark drains from her optics.

something something topical gun control joke

He watches a spark fall into the well, and comments that his henchmen are doing their job, further confirming no one else lives on this **** planet. He opens a briefcase to reveal the Matrix of Leadership to add it to the shrine.

Fun is not something one considers when watching a terrible cartoon, but this...doesn't put a smile on my face.

Back in the swamp, our heroes are still being chased by the two combiners, when they reach the obvious conclusion of trying to make them fight each other. The pacing of the scene is literally slowed down because of another slo-mo shot. To make matters worse, Windblade talks, in the middle of the shot, at normal speed. I just... I just don't know anymore.

After running a long distance from where they first landed and met the Dinobots, they all get launched off a cliff by one of Predaking's blasts, but neither of the Combiners see it coming, so they fall as well, farther into the canyon. The heroes have a moment to regroup and find...Megatron and his giant Matrix waterfall?!? ******* what?!?

The Miraculous Teleporting Megatron; Wherever The Plot Needs Him To Be.

But the newly reacquainted group doesn't have long to chat, as Predaking and Volcanicus show up again, having magically climbed a giant cliff face in justa handful of seconds with no other signs or clues that they were approaching.
Megatron enters the Matrix building and tells the others to wait there. The episode ends.

Oh my God.

I said last week that the show felt like it was just sitting here spinning it's wheels, and this episode illustrates that perfectly. The main cast have been in the swamp for all three episodes now, and for the majority of that time simply being chased around in circles. They're accomplishing nothing, and it's getting extremely frustrating. This episode could basically have been the first, practically beat for beat. "Find enemy. Fight enemy. Figure out how to beat enemy. Run away. Repeat." The glaring plot holes and continuity errors are ridiculous, and the end of this episode is the first time I've actually shouted at my screen because of these shows. If I have to search for a positive, I like the idea of the various relics combining their power to create...something. It's fairly cool, if a little overdone by other shows. Entertainingly bad, but little more. See you next week.

Thanks for reading my review of Episode 3, you can find it on go90 and the Transformers Tumblr if you wanna watch it for yourself. Come back and tell me what you thought of the episode, and what you thought of my review! I'll see you next week when we take a look at episode 4!
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 41%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #200 - Requiem of the Twincast
"Requiem of the Twincast"
Posted: Sunday, May 20th, 2018