Main Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #8

Main Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #8

Sunday, July 2nd, 2017 6:46pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 12,771

We have via Previews World a look at the main Jack Lawrence cover for IDW's Transformers: Lost Light #8, which shows us a different angle to the same scene found in the Nick Roche/Josh Burcham variant (as seen here)! Check it out below, and join the discussion on the series in our Energon Pub!

(W) James Roberts (A/CA) Jack Lawrence
THE HUNT IS ON! Ever lost something and spent forever looking for it? Try visiting Troja Major, the lost property capital of the universe. Just bear in mind that it's better known by another name: the Howling Town. And the Autobots are about to find out why.

Transformers News: Main Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #8

Credit(s): Previews World

Re: Main Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #8 (1893862)
Posted by Deadput on July 2nd, 2017 @ 7:30pm CDT
Ah bland girl and three nobodies can't wait for these next few issues I'm trembling with anticipation.

Ha ha ha
Re: Main Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #8 (1893952)
Posted by ricemazter on July 3rd, 2017 @ 3:11am CDT
Re: Main Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #8 (1893958)
Posted by Broadside27 on July 3rd, 2017 @ 4:51am CDT
What the blue bots name?
Re: Main Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #8 (1893961)
Posted by Kurona on July 3rd, 2017 @ 5:37am CDT
Broadside27 wrote:What the blue bots name?

That's Velocity; Camien medic and consistently concerned for everyone ;)^
Re: Main Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #8 (1893964)
Posted by lowman_x on July 3rd, 2017 @ 6:11am CDT
ricemazter wrote:Has anyone else found it odd that the standard scale of most alien species in the IDW verse is giant?

No, I just assume that humans are the odd, tiny ones in the universe. ;-)
Re: Main Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #8 (1893965)
Posted by Broadside27 on July 3rd, 2017 @ 6:12am CDT
Thank you!
Re: Main Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #8 (1893998)
Posted by Randomhero on July 3rd, 2017 @ 10:56am CDT
lowman_x wrote:

No, I just assume that humans are the odd, tiny ones in the universe. ;-)

There have been others. Nebulons have shown up, the blue people from Spotlight Cliffjumper, the pig people from spotlight thundercracker and little aliens had were scattered around the bar in RID #6.

It's honestly just James's books that make them the same size.
Re: Main Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #8 (1894066)
Posted by Deadput on July 3rd, 2017 @ 5:21pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:It's honestly just James's books that make them the same size.

Because he writes witty British characters, personal politics and tv show references first and Transformers second.
Re: Main Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #8 (1894075)
Posted by Va'al on July 3rd, 2017 @ 5:48pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
Randomhero wrote:It's honestly just James's books that make them the same size.

Good thing artists exist too, to do the artisty bit of doing the art.
Re: Main Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #8 (1894093)
Posted by Kurona on July 3rd, 2017 @ 6:51pm CDT
Someone on one of my Discords pointed this out to me and I can't stop laughing.

Re: Main Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #8 (1894101)
Posted by breacher on July 3rd, 2017 @ 7:32pm CDT
This could be somewhat unrelated, but whatever.

Does anyone else want to see the infernocons in the IDW universe? I know right now they are movie-only characters, but I thought they were kinda cool and they have a nice name. (Infernocus just sounds great out loud to me) They could be minions of liege maximo or something like that.

I mean if they can make RID Megatron into Gigatron and add a bunch of Unicron trilogy character designs into backgrounds, maybe they can make infernocus a thing? (Also, Mohawk in the background would be a nice nod) Didn't they integrate barricade's design into one of the comics at some point?
Re: Main Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #8 (1894138)
Posted by Deadput on July 3rd, 2017 @ 9:31pm CDT
breacher wrote:This could be somewhat unrelated, but whatever.

Infernocus would be cool to see in a different way like as you said maybe a servant of Maximo or maybe Unicron if he is ever in the comics one day since they have devil horns like him.

I think they reused Barricade's WFC design which in itself is based on the G1 micromaster body but with movie colors and alt mode.
Re: Main Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #8 (1894243)
Posted by Broadside27 on July 4th, 2017 @ 8:50am CDT
Who is the bot in the foreground with the red eyes?
Re: Main Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #8 (1894245)
Posted by Kurona on July 4th, 2017 @ 8:54am CDT
Broadside27 wrote:Who is the bot in the foreground with the red eyes?

I've been trying to work that out myself. The colour scheme matches Roller, but nothing else does...

Who is the full manifesto of everyone aboard the Skip Light anyway? Rodimus, Magnus, Whirl, Cyclonus, Drift, Velocity, Chromedome, Rewind, Lug, Anode, Nautica... I don't remember the other 9. I think Roller's on it?
Re: Main Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #8 (1894255)
Posted by Broadside27 on July 4th, 2017 @ 10:34am CDT
Kurona wrote:
Broadside27 wrote:Who is the bot in the foreground with the red eyes?

Roller is definitely on it. Everyone else sees a group of four when I definitely see a group of five. I hope it's Roller, he is one of my personal favorites.
Re: Main Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #8 (1894257)
Posted by Kurona on July 4th, 2017 @ 10:50am CDT
Broadside27 wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Broadside27 wrote:Who is the bot in the foreground with the red eyes?

I wanna see more of him because he seems to be the third new main character after Anode and Lug -- but he unfortunately didn't get a lot of focus. Even without that though you already get a good idea of who he is; a big friendly fun-loving dork. I love him.
Re: Main Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #8 (1894330)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on July 4th, 2017 @ 6:00pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
Randomhero wrote:It's honestly just James's books that make them the same size.

And that's a big reason why he is not a good TF writer.
Re: Main Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #8 (1894343)
Posted by Deadput on July 4th, 2017 @ 6:54pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:And that's a big reason why he is not a good TF writer.

He did have a good balance back during season 1 of mtmte but then he dropped the ball probably due to how good of a reception and fan following the comic got then let it get to his head and misinterpreted that people only loved the witty jokes and not the well story and concepts also the awe and wow factor from something new disappeared MTMTE had to live up to it's reception.

Seems like Roberts thought that just because people loved Drift and Rung meant that people wanted more original characters instead of good written characters so we got more characters and now the comic is bloated and were not getting focus switched around.

Rodimus is also the worse character by far now in the comic.
Re: Main Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #8 (1894370)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on July 4th, 2017 @ 9:44pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:And that's a big reason why he is not a good TF writer.

I more or less agree especially with it going to his head. I did like MTMTE for the most part, but Dying of the Light was a disappointing mess and from what I read here it hasn't gotten better.
Rodimus is also the worse character by far now in the comic.
I disagree with him being the worst (Rung is the worst IMO), but he definitely hasn't been developed further. It's a waste of a great character and space on the page.
Re: Main Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #8 (1896308)
Posted by Kurona on July 12th, 2017 @ 6:35pm CDT
With the eight issue of Lost Light due out at the end of the month, a 3-page preview has been released on iTunes! Featuring a lot more backstory for Nautica and Velocity, check out the blurb and the three pages below and be sure to tell us what you think in the forums!

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "2013 SDCC Hasbro Exclusive: TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE Jetfire" on EBAY
Buy "2007 SDCC Exclusive Transformers Alternators Ford GT Rodimus MISB" on EBAY
Buy "1:24 Chevy Camaro Bumblebee Transformers Model JADA Diecast Toy Vehicle Gift" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE 2013 SDCC JOECON SNAKE EYES!! TRANSFORMERS CROSSOVER!!" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee First Edition 100% Complete Deluxe Prime Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS MEGATRON PIN BY TOM WHALEN MONDO 2019 SDCC COMIC CON EXCLUSIVE" on EBAY
Buy "transformers metroplex sdcc titan class MISB" on EBAY