Main Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Jack Lawrence

Main Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Jack Lawrence

Thursday, May 25th, 2017 4:50pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 12,743

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

We've seen two variant covers, by Nick Roche/Josh Burcham and Alex Milne/Josh Perez, for IDW Publishing's Transformers: Lost Light #6 - but now, thanks to IDW directly, we have the main Jack Lawrence (with Joana Lafuente? credits, IDW, please) artwork too. And it features a very determined Megatron. Check it out below!

Transformers News: Main Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Jack Lawrence

Credit(s): IDW


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Main Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Jack Lawrence (1884303)
Posted by Kurona on May 25th, 2017 @ 6:41pm CDT
Honestly, this cover is perfect. For the same sort of reason just a single fist works as a cover; despite the simplicity, the single action represented and focused on means a lot. I'm really excited to see Megatron kick ass this issue :D
Re: Main Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Jack Lawrence (1884326)
Posted by Randomhero on May 25th, 2017 @ 8:41pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Honestly, this cover is perfect. For the same sort of reason just a single fist works as a cover; despite the simplicity, the single action represented and focused on means a lot. I'm really excited to see Megatron kick ass this issue :D



Yeah that's what everyone was certainly expecting in dying of the light and he certainly did shoot a fusion cannon for 2 pages and used black magic to rip up the DJD to nothingness. Let's not kid ourselves. He's not going to throw any punches in this issue.
Re: Main Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Jack Lawrence (1884328)
Posted by Kurona on May 25th, 2017 @ 8:47pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
Kurona wrote:Honestly, this cover is perfect. For the same sort of reason just a single fist works as a cover; despite the simplicity, the single action represented and focused on means a lot. I'm really excited to see Megatron kick ass this issue :D



Yeah that's what everyone was certainly expecting in dying of the light and he certainly did shoot a fusion cannon for 2 pages and used black magic to rip up the DJD to nothingness. Let's not kid ourselves. He's not going to throw any punches in this issue.

Well, I didn't mean literally kick ass, just... kick ass at being a great character.
Re: Main Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Jack Lawrence (1884354)
Posted by WreckerJack on May 25th, 2017 @ 11:41pm CDT
Does anyone see a problem with the preview?

(Jus havin' a chuckle till they fix it)

Image
Re: Main Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Jack Lawrence (1884374)
Posted by Va'al on May 26th, 2017 @ 3:51am CDT
WreckerJack wrote:Does anyone see a problem with the preview?

(Jus havin' a chuckle till they fix it)

Image


A bold new direction, and look, for the Lost Light crew!
Who knew the Functionist universe would lead to this..?
Re: Main Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Jack Lawrence (1884396)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on May 26th, 2017 @ 6:49am CDT
Randomhero wrote:
Kurona wrote:Honestly, this cover is perfect. For the same sort of reason just a single fist works as a cover; despite the simplicity, the single action represented and focused on means a lot. I'm really excited to see Megatron kick ass this issue :D



Yeah that's what everyone was certainly expecting in dying of the light and he certainly did shoot a fusion cannon for 2 pages and used black magic to rip up the DJD to nothingness. Let's not kid ourselves. He's not going to throw any punches in this issue.
Yeah, I wish he had laid down a little more carnage with the cannon, but I thought it was a clever way how he trapped Tarn inside the force field, even if their actual showdown was lackluster. It kinda gave Trailbreaker a bit of redemption though.
Re: Main Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Jack Lawrence (1884996)
Posted by ScottyP on May 29th, 2017 @ 6:22pm CDT
Joining the roster of covers for Transformers: Lost Light #6 is the ten copy retailer incentive cover by Marcelo Matere. This cover was posted by IDW Publishing onto their official site's page for Lost Light #6. It features Rung, one of the central characters in the "Dissolution" arc, adjusting his glasses while reading a data pad. Just like Rung, this is probably totally innocent behavior that readers should certainly not look into too deeply.

Check it out below, and speculate away by replying to this post on our Energon Pub Forums.

Image


As of this writing, Transformers: Lost Light #6 is expected to be released on June 7th, 2017.
Re: Main Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Jack Lawrence (1885132)
Posted by william-james88 on May 30th, 2017 @ 11:21am CDT
This is more about MTMTE than Lost light, but knew I would reach the same people by posting here without resurrecting an older thread.

I read a good part of MTMTE but got really burned by Dark Cybertron. I dont even know if I read it all. I got back into MTMTE with issue 50 and read steadily since but of course there is a gap in between I have been slowly getting though. Was reading the arc with Megatron's trial (which is still topical because now I know who Terminus is and they keep speaking of the Trial in LL) and I saw this dude:

Image


Who in the world is that? I remember Swerve said there shouldnt be people on the Lost Light who remind him of Prowl (as a joke sure, but I still thought that meant there werent any). UNless it is indeed bluestreak. Was that the bot who Swerve was joking to? He seemed to be blue, not grey.
Re: Main Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Jack Lawrence (1885134)
Posted by Kurona on May 30th, 2017 @ 11:23am CDT
william-james88 wrote:This is more about MTMTE than Lost light, but knew I would reach the same people by posting here without resurrecting an older thread.

I read a good part of MTMTE but got really burned by Dark Cybertron. I dont even know if I read it all. I got back into MTMTE with issue 50 and read steadily since but of course there is a gap in between I have been slowly getting though. Was reading the arc with Megatron's trial (which is still topical because now I know who Terminus is and they keep speaking of the Trial in LL) and I saw this dude:

Image


Who in the world is that? I remember Swerve said there shouldnt be people on the Lost Light who remind him of Prowl (as a joke sure, but I still thought that meant there werent any). UNless it is indeed bluestreak. Was that the bot who Swerve was joking to? He seemed to be blue, not grey.

That's Bluestreak. He's a secondary character who shows up a bit more in other stories pre-50.

His colour scheme in this is a bit weird though - like they're trying to combine the original with some actual blue. I dig it, mind.

As a general rule, Swerve says anything to be a dick. Love him.
Re: Main Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Jack Lawrence (1885135)
Posted by william-james88 on May 30th, 2017 @ 11:30am CDT
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:This is more about MTMTE than Lost light, but knew I would reach the same people by posting here without resurrecting an older thread.

I read a good part of MTMTE but got really burned by Dark Cybertron. I dont even know if I read it all. I got back into MTMTE with issue 50 and read steadily since but of course there is a gap in between I have been slowly getting though. Was reading the arc with Megatron's trial (which is still topical because now I know who Terminus is and they keep speaking of the Trial in LL) and I saw this dude:

Image


Who in the world is that? I remember Swerve said there shouldnt be people on the Lost Light who remind him of Prowl (as a joke sure, but I still thought that meant there werent any). UNless it is indeed bluestreak. Was that the bot who Swerve was joking to? He seemed to be blue, not grey.

That's Bluestreak. He's a secondary character who shows up a bit more in other stories pre-50.

His colour scheme in this is a bit weird though - like they're trying to combine the original with some actual blue. I dig it, mind.

As a general rule, Swerve says anything to be a dick. Love him.


Thanks. the colours looked very different than just the previous issue where we saw him like this:

Image


So I was confused.
Re: Main Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Jack Lawrence (1885345)
Posted by ScottyP on May 30th, 2017 @ 8:48pm CDT
IDW is about as consistent with colors and designs as Sunbow was in the 80s. They're better lately, to be fair.
Re: Main Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Jack Lawrence (1885348)
Posted by Kurona on May 30th, 2017 @ 8:58pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:IDW is about as consistent with colors and designs as Sunbow was in the 80s.

Dude... those words are hurtful words.
Re: Main Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Jack Lawrence (1885356)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 30th, 2017 @ 9:21pm CDT
To be fair, around issue 28/29 of MTMTE was when there was a colorist change, and there were several notable changes in colorings, such as Bluestreak's paint work and Magnus' thighs
Re: Main Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Jack Lawrence (1885362)
Posted by SureShot18 on May 30th, 2017 @ 9:44pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:IDW is about as consistent with colors and designs as Sunbow was in the 80s. They're better lately, to be fair.

Hey now, I don't ever remember seeing two Starscreams in the same panel. :-P

Yeah I guess that's fair. Colors and designs have been wonky at times, but that is sort of the nature of a comic book, I guess. Different artists and colorists throughout a run, and all.
Re: Main Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Jack Lawrence (1885600)
Posted by ScottyP on May 31st, 2017 @ 8:14pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
ScottyP wrote:IDW is about as consistent with colors and designs as Sunbow was in the 80s.

Dude... those words are hurtful words.
I lived through Phase 1. One issue at a time. For every awesome moment like Stormbringer, there were times like New Avengers vs. Transformers. For every greatly cultivated continuity payoff like Devastation, there was a Spotlight: Blaster.

There were also at least 85.3 regular artists working under a laissez faire editorial reign. This is greatly exaggerated, of course, but by that last year in 2011 there was 0 consistency anywhere.
Re: Main Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Jack Lawrence (1885601)
Posted by Kurona on May 31st, 2017 @ 8:15pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Kurona wrote:
ScottyP wrote:IDW is about as consistent with colors and designs as Sunbow was in the 80s.

Dude... those words are hurtful words.
I lived through Phase 1. One issue at a time. For every awesome moment like Stormbringer, there were times like New Avengers vs. Transformers. For every greatly cultivated continuity payoff like Devastation, there was a Spotlight: Blaster.

There were also at least 85.3 regular artists working under a laissez faire editorial reign. This is greatly exaggerated, of course, but by that last year in 2011 there was 0 consistency anywhere.

Aww, man, now I have to defend my favourite Spotlight? You wound me. You wound me.

But you also said New Avengers vs. Transformers was bad, so it's only skin-deep! Wheeeee~
Re: Main Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Jack Lawrence (1885682)
Posted by ScottyP on May 31st, 2017 @ 10:36pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
Kurona wrote:
ScottyP wrote:IDW is about as consistent with colors and designs as Sunbow was in the 80s.

Dude... those words are hurtful words.
I lived through Phase 1. One issue at a time. For every awesome moment like Stormbringer, there were times like New Avengers vs. Transformers. For every greatly cultivated continuity payoff like Devastation, there was a Spotlight: Blaster.

There were also at least 85.3 regular artists working under a laissez faire editorial reign. This is greatly exaggerated, of course, but by that last year in 2011 there was 0 consistency anywhere.

Aww, man, now I have to defend my favourite Spotlight? You wound me. You wound me.

But you also said New Avengers vs. Transformers was bad, so it's only skin-deep! Wheeeee~
I love Spotlight: Blaster. Fun story, neat twist, and my friend Robby Musso crushed it on the art. I was picking at it from the continuity perspective only, as nothing in it has ever been revisited - not even by John Barber!
Re: Main Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Jack Lawrence (1885798)
Posted by Kurona on June 1st, 2017 @ 6:27am CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Kurona wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
Kurona wrote:
ScottyP wrote:IDW is about as consistent with colors and designs as Sunbow was in the 80s.

Dude... those words are hurtful words.
I lived through Phase 1. One issue at a time. For every awesome moment like Stormbringer, there were times like New Avengers vs. Transformers. For every greatly cultivated continuity payoff like Devastation, there was a Spotlight: Blaster.

There were also at least 85.3 regular artists working under a laissez faire editorial reign. This is greatly exaggerated, of course, but by that last year in 2011 there was 0 consistency anywhere.

Aww, man, now I have to defend my favourite Spotlight? You wound me. You wound me.

But you also said New Avengers vs. Transformers was bad, so it's only skin-deep! Wheeeee~
I love Spotlight: Blaster. Fun story, neat twist, and my friend Robby Musso crushed it on the art. I was picking at it from the continuity perspective only, as nothing in it has ever been revisited - not even by John Barber!

Oh thank god.


That's actually partly what I like about it though - that it doesn't need to be revisited or referenced or fit into anywhere. It's just allowed to tell its own self-contained story using the universe they'd built. I love seeing stuff like that and it's kind of one of the things the Spotlight line was made for.
Re: Main Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Jack Lawrence (1886287)
Posted by Kurona on June 2nd, 2017 @ 11:03am CDT
Eyyyy what's up just getting us back on topic with this awesome print of the main cast by Nick Roche. Apparently it's the lines for the first of this season's convention prints!

Image
Re: Main Cover for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 by Jack Lawrence (1886346)
Posted by Va'al on June 2nd, 2017 @ 3:34pm CDT
Courtesy of Newsarama, we have the full preview of next week's IDW Publishing Transformers: Lost Light #6 - the final issue in the first arc for the newly titled series! There are some potential spoilers for those of you who'd rather wait until reading it in full, but otherwise, check it out below!

Transformers: Lost Light #6
James Roberts (w) • Jack Lawrence (a & c)
You know that sinking feeling you get when you witness the destruction of an entire planet? Rodimus and company are about to feel that. Hardcore.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Bullet points:
· Six issues in...the end of Lost Light?!
· OK, not likely. But a lot of people could die now!
· Variant cover by Marcelo Matere!


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Skrapnel and Reflector Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
Twincast / Podcast #289:
"No Thanks Given"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Netflix Megatron With Skelivore War for Cybertron New Sealed In Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge/Sweeps Body Part, Right Side Shield" on EBAY
Buy "Armada of Cyclonus Scourge Sweep Set of 3 | Transformers Platinum Edition Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "2017 Transformers Collertors Club TFSS Series 5.0 Shattered Glass Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "G1 transformers Diamond Select bust Coronation Starscream 445/600 broken read" on EBAY
Buy "NEWinbox "Armada of Cyclonus" Hasbro Transformers 3pc Set Cyclonus+Sweep+Scourge" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2021 Buzzworthy Bumblebee Robot Action Figure - F1288" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series #40BB Deluxe Decepticon Shatter" on EBAY