Maketoy Update: New Giant Images and Pricing, Plus a New Prototype

Transformers News: Maketoy Update: New Giant Images and Pricing, Plus a New Prototype

Monday, October 3rd, 2011 11:46AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 53,836

Newcomer third-party toy company Maketoy is back in the news today with an update on their upcoming Devastator homage set "Giant". They have released a few new unblurred images of the figures in vehicle mode and the Scavenger figure in robot mode. According to the site the figures will be released in two-packs December through February at a price of 10,500 Yen (approximately $136.00), with a complete set (box set?) priced at 31,500 Yen (approximately $410.00). Interestingly the color is listed as yellow. Possibly to further remove themselves for TFC Toys' Hercules? The images also reveal that forearms and hands will transform into trailers.

The minibot two-pack featuring Bomber and Hover is scheduled to release in mid October, priced at 3,150 yen (approximately $42.00).

They have also posted some additional images of their "Tank" upgrade for Reveal the Shield/United Optimus Prime that were not in the update from earlier this morning. They list the figure at 8,400 Yen (approximately $110.00) with a release date of late November.

Lastly, the group shot with all the known Maketoy projects reveals a mysterious new prototype in the background.

Credit(s): Maketoy, Daimchoc

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Maketoy Update: New Giant Images and Pricing, Plus a New Prototype (1296029)
Posted by LaserDawg1981 on October 3rd, 2011 @ 11:53am CDT
icant wait for all three of these and that new prototype looks like a nova prime figure
Re: Maketoy Update: New Giant Images and Pricing, Plus a New Prototype (1296030)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on October 3rd, 2011 @ 12:02pm CDT
not sure i can afford any of these at this point, will have to wait and see i guess
Re: Maketoy Update: New Giant Images and Pricing, Plus a New Prototype (1296032)
Posted by Prime Evil on October 3rd, 2011 @ 12:10pm CDT
Yellow...really... :BANG_HEAD:

So I'm gonna have to wait for the eventual green repaint.
Re: Maketoy Update: New Giant Images and Pricing, Plus a New Prototype (1296033)
Posted by It Is Him on October 3rd, 2011 @ 12:14pm CDT
$136 x3 + yellow paint = No way
Re: Maketoy Update: New Giant Images and Pricing, Plus a New Prototype (1296034)
Posted by Dead Metal on October 3rd, 2011 @ 12:16pm CDT
That new prototype looks a hell of a lot like Powermaster Prime, I hope it is.

Also, I hope that the thing about Giant's colour being yellow is just a mistake. For Giant I'll be waiting for the box set I'm just not feeling the price of 65 dollars for each figure.
Re: Maketoy Update: New Giant Images and Pricing, Plus a New Prototype (1296035)
Posted by El Duque on October 3rd, 2011 @ 12:16pm CDT
I'm relying on Google Translate, but it came up as yellow.
Re: Maketoy Update: New Giant Images and Pricing, Plus a New Prototype (1296036)
Posted by necr0blivion on October 3rd, 2011 @ 12:16pm CDT
Interesting, and I'm glad for the updates - especially non-blurred versions of the individual Constructicons.

Smart move to do two-packs for these guys, but it's a little more than I would've liked (if you compare to FansProject's Bruticus upgrade sets, they came out at about $100 for the set).

Having the major projects line up 4 months in a row is a little disheartening to my wallet, but I guess that's just a rant I'll have to live with. But the Prime trailer is a must for me, may have to wait for Giant.
Re: Maketoy Update: New Giant Images and Pricing, Plus a New Prototype (1296038)
Posted by Tigertrack on October 3rd, 2011 @ 12:18pm CDT

Prices good, products, unsure.
Re: Maketoy Update: New Giant Images and Pricing, Plus a New Prototype (1296040)
Posted by El Duque on October 3rd, 2011 @ 12:23pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:Isn't that other prototype the heartmaster thing, that people say looks like a WWI Grimlock?

Prices good, products, unsure.

Definitely not FP Heart Master:

Re: Maketoy Update: New Giant Images and Pricing, Plus a New Prototype (1296041)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on October 3rd, 2011 @ 12:25pm CDT
Damn, today must be Maketoy Monday.
Re: Maketoy Update: New Giant Images and Pricing, Plus a New Prototype (1296042)
Posted by Tigertrack on October 3rd, 2011 @ 12:25pm CDT
El Duque wrote:

Prices good, products, unsure.

Definitely not FP Heart Master:

Indeed you are right. Didn't have that other shot available. Thanks.
Re: Maketoy Update: New Giant Images and Pricing, Plus a New Prototype (1296044)
Posted by El Duque on October 3rd, 2011 @ 12:27pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:
El Duque wrote:

Prices good, products, unsure.

Definitely not FP Heart Master:

Indeed you are right. Didn't have that other shot available. Thanks.

I think his name is "Wallet-Thrasher".
Re: Maketoy Update: New Giant Images and Pricing, Plus a New Prototype (1296046)
Posted by RodimalToyota on October 3rd, 2011 @ 12:34pm CDT
Where's my BBTS preorders?
Re: Maketoy Update: New Giant Images and Pricing, Plus a New Prototype (1296048)
Posted by El Duque on October 3rd, 2011 @ 12:38pm CDT
RodimalToyota wrote:Where's my BBTS preorders?

Re: Maketoy Update: New Giant Images and Pricing, Plus a New Prototype (1296050)
Posted by alternator77 on October 3rd, 2011 @ 12:50pm CDT
i literally just spit out my coffee after seeing those images :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN:
fantastic stuff.

seeing as how im passing on prime..........
guess i know what im getting for x-mas :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:

8-} cue the multiple maketoy threads in 5..4..3...2...1...
Re: Maketoy Update: New Giant Images and Pricing, Plus a New Prototype (1296052)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on October 3rd, 2011 @ 12:55pm CDT
Not interested in a yellow Devestator. But it looks like I might be able to afford Giant AND Herculese ...
Re: Maketoy Update: New Giant Images and Pricing, Plus a New Prototype (1296053)
Posted by rpetras on October 3rd, 2011 @ 12:55pm CDT
I like the look of the combined mode for Devastator, but I don't really like the bot modes.
I think I'll be sticking with the Hercules set.

It's a bit pricey for the mini-bots, but I will be getting that Powerglide!

I like the Prime upgrade. I may get that, but I'm not that into the original figure, so I'll probably wait and hope the price comes down.

All in all this looks like good 3rd party stuff!
Re: Maketoy Update: New Giant Images and Pricing, Plus a New Prototype (1296056)
Posted by UltraPrimal on October 3rd, 2011 @ 1:10pm CDT
Is that Nova Prime back there?
Re: Maketoy Update: New Giant Images and Pricing, Plus a New Prototype (1296064)
Posted by paul053 on October 3rd, 2011 @ 1:38pm CDT
El Duque wrote:I'm relying on Google Translate, but it came up as yellow.

I can read Japanese and it is "yellow'. So now I have to go out and find green paint. :-(
Re: Maketoy Update: New Giant Images and Pricing, Plus a New Prototype (1296065)
Posted by Anonymous on October 3rd, 2011 @ 1:39pm CDT
:BOOM: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! :BOOM:

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #216 - Prime Galaxy
"Prime Galaxy"
Posted: Sunday, January 27th, 2019

Buy "New Transformers Construct Bots IRONHIDE Scout Class E1:01 45 Pieces Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct-Bots Scout Class Dead End Buildable Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct-Bots Scout Class Silverbolt Buildable Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Elite Class Optimus Prime COMPLETE with manual!" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Construct-Bots Scout Class STARSCREAM Buildable Action Figure - NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction Takara AD04 High Octane Bumblebee" on EBAY