MakeToys MT-03A Revealed in Color

MakeToys MT-03A Revealed in Color

Monday, November 14th, 2011 8:28am CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 49,964

MakeToys have provided another update on their Devastator homage,Giant, via their website. They have posted color images of their Bulldozer and Excavator figures which confirm the set's yellow deco. These two figures will apparently be the first two-pack in the series to be released in December for 10,500 Yen (approximately $137 USD). They have also posted concept art to show how the rest of the team will look in color. There is supposedly a boxset in traditional green and purple colors scheduled for next year after all the figures in the yellow set have been released. Images mirrored below.

Set of bulldozers and excavators 2 (Bulldozer & Excavator)

Size of about 15cm

Will be released around December (Price: 10,500 yen)

Credit(s): MakeToys

This article was last modified on Monday, November 14th, 2011 10:43am CST

Re: MakeToys MT-03A Revealed in Color (1312327)
Posted by Dead Metal on November 14th, 2011 @ 8:36am CST
Re: MakeToys MT-03A Revealed in Color (1312329)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on November 14th, 2011 @ 8:37am CST
Love it, can't wait.

Get a Pre-order up already!
Re: MakeToys MT-03A Revealed in Color (1312332)
Posted by dinogeist on November 14th, 2011 @ 8:42am CST
Dead Metal wrote:They look great, but too heroic in those colours. I'll wait for the inevitable G1 colour repaint.

i'm also gonna wait for the G-1 colors,then buy them.

i'm not a fan of the yellow colors.
Re: MakeToys MT-03A Revealed in Color (1312339)
Posted by GetRightRobot on November 14th, 2011 @ 9:03am CST
Looks good, but for $420.00 before shipping for a set of G2 constructicons, I will stick with my Herc. line. Love scavengers chest/abs area though. Nice attention to G1 design.
Re: MakeToys MT-03A Revealed in Color (1312345)
Posted by wewyllenium on November 14th, 2011 @ 9:29am CST
I love it. This could be my 1st make-toys purchase. I'm glad I skipped the effort made by that other 3rd party toy provider. :D
Re: MakeToys MT-03A Revealed in Color (1312351)
Posted by Requiem Prime on November 14th, 2011 @ 9:51am CST
Pricey for their scale, but very promising. I'm looking forward to this.
Re: MakeToys MT-03A Revealed in Color (1312353)
Posted by Mkall on November 14th, 2011 @ 9:55am CST
I do believe I've found Classics Landfill...
Re: MakeToys MT-03A Revealed in Color (1312354)
Posted by Kibble on November 14th, 2011 @ 9:55am CST
I like how they spell out what kind of construction vehicles they are...and by 'like' I mean how utterly cheese-dick can you get? Other than that they look pretty good.
Re: MakeToys MT-03A Revealed in Color (1312366)
Posted by Tigertrack on November 14th, 2011 @ 10:07am CST
Looks good in color, even if Bonecrusher is not really very G1/G2. Artistic 'license' or no license...hehe.
Re: MakeToys MT-03A Revealed in Color (1312367)
Posted by GetRightRobot on November 14th, 2011 @ 10:07am CST
Mkall wrote:I do believe I've found Classics Landfill...

You don't think that's a little pricey for a Landfill character?
Re: MakeToys MT-03A Revealed in Color (1312370)
Posted by Solrac333 on November 14th, 2011 @ 10:10am CST
So G2 colors? Pass. Hercules it is for me. I'd rather have a bigger figure anyway.
Re: MakeToys MT-03A Revealed in Color (1312374)
Posted by Fistful of Energon on November 14th, 2011 @ 10:14am CST
Yellow?!?

F-F-F-F-FAIL!

While I will admit they look much better now w/ some color, Devastator will always be green and purple to me. I hope they eventually do obvious green/purple repaint of this guy, maybe then they will have my money.

To be honest, im a little happy it turned out this way, i was considering on getting both Giant and Hercules...now this is a much lighter load on the fundage.
Re: MakeToys MT-03A Revealed in Color (1312378)
Posted by sthenurus on November 14th, 2011 @ 10:19am CST
By the Way, Any news about when and where will their Tank upgrade will be released?
Re: MakeToys MT-03A Revealed in Color (1312379)
Posted by Requiem Prime on November 14th, 2011 @ 10:20am CST
Mkall wrote:I do believe I've found Classics Landfill...

But Landfill was an Auto... heeeeeeey; that's an idea if you're getting both.
Re: MakeToys MT-03A Revealed in Color (1312383)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on November 14th, 2011 @ 10:30am CST
yeah totaly dont like the names on the side looks like crap like some cheap construction toy for kids these are collectors peices! ffs.

They look more like autobots to me not badass at all,the yellow sort looks good in robot mode but i think it looks a waste in alt it just looks normal and boring, i was never a fan g2 dev anyway.

im waiting for the green repaint and im not applying those stickers ill wait for reprolabels to come through.
Re: MakeToys MT-03A Revealed in Color (1312384)
Posted by Kibble on November 14th, 2011 @ 10:30am CST
For those bummin' about yellow, these will be released in traditional green colors...reportedly first quarter next year...which in 3rd Party terms probably means late spring/early summer. Though I doubt MT would ever say it, seems to me they're doing the 'trial' run in yellow to work out the bugs.
Re: MakeToys MT-03A Revealed in Color (1312385)
Posted by Baneblade on November 14th, 2011 @ 10:31am CST
Re: MakeToys MT-03A Revealed in Color (1312388)
Posted by Kibble on November 14th, 2011 @ 10:36am CST
Baneblade wrote:Sorry but that is a deffo bought. I like the construction yellow...after all "who operates with bright green construction vehicles?"

The ones that transform, mostly...

Though less common, there actually are green constriction vehicles, whatever that's worth.
Re: MakeToys MT-03A Revealed in Color (1312398)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 14th, 2011 @ 11:07am CST
Hrm, I just noticed they're identical from the waist down. :-? While it makes sense, it seems lazy. Also not liking the vehicle names on the sides, I hope those are stickers.

These are pretty darn pricey though, I wish they were being released seperately...
Re: MakeToys MT-03A Revealed in Color (1312402)
Posted by Baneblade on November 14th, 2011 @ 11:15am CST
Kibble wrote:

The ones that transform, mostly...

A packet of jelly beans and a chocolate watch?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Retro Reissue G1 Headmasters Highbrow (F1024)" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro F1027 Transformers Generations Retro Headmaster Skullcruncher Collectible" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Super7 GOLD ARMOR BUMBLEBEE ReAction Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Windcharger 100% Complete Legends Generations - Power of the Primes Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Attacktix Battle Figure Game Transformers Star Wars Optimus Prime Darth Vader" on EBAY
Buy "Super 7 Transformers Reaction 2020 Target Exclusive Gold Armor Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: WRECK-GAR....COMPLETE!!" on EBAY