MakeToys MT-04 MOBINE Color Images

MakeToys MT-04  MOBINE Color Images

Friday, April 20th, 2012 7:06am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 46,496

MakeToys have updated their website with new color images of MT-04 Mobine, or half of the previously seen figure that appeared to be a tribute to Dreamwave's The Fallen. Half of the figure is seen here in color interacting with PCC Commanders Heavy Tread and Bombshock.

For reference here are some of the earlier prototype images:

Credit(s): MakeToys

This article was last modified on Friday, April 20th, 2012 8:30am CDT

Re: MakeToys MT-04 MOBINE Color Images (1371111)
Posted by Brakethrough on April 20th, 2012 @ 7:25am CDT
Interesting. I see fists in the last picture so I gather that it also can combine with the commanders for a big robot mode, too. This is more in line with what I'd hoped for for PCC, as opposed to the dinky little misshapen arms and legs. May pick this up if the price is right.
Re: MakeToys MT-04 MOBINE Color Images (1371114)
Posted by starscream1974 on April 20th, 2012 @ 7:33am CDT
Hmmmmmm not a big fan of these pics, or the Fallen lore........but a fan of this action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on man?????!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring on Acoustic Wave and Hegemon!!!!!!!!

:CON: :BOWDOWN:
Re: MakeToys MT-04 MOBINE Color Images (1371116)
Posted by zodconvoy on April 20th, 2012 @ 7:43am CDT
As long as both parts combine and look like the prototype we were shown, I'll still paint them black and orange and call it the Fallen.
Re: MakeToys MT-04 MOBINE Color Images (1371121)
Posted by Requiem Prime on April 20th, 2012 @ 8:02am CDT
Interesting direction. So their not-Fallen (I only use it this time because with this color scheme you can honestly say it's not The Fallen) will be a PCC commander?
Re: MakeToys MT-04 MOBINE Color Images (1371125)
Posted by DevastaTTor on April 20th, 2012 @ 8:16am CDT
Hmmmm, not sure if I'm digging the combat-oriented color scheme and the connection (literally and figuratively) to the PCCs. Hope the final combined version of their Fallen figure looks really good (and possibly gets a darker/black repaint) otherwise this is a pass for me.
Re: MakeToys MT-04 MOBINE Color Images (1371127)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 20th, 2012 @ 8:24am CDT
Looks sweet! But it reminded me that I never did find Heavy Tread. :-(
Re: MakeToys MT-04 MOBINE Color Images (1371131)
Posted by joevill on April 20th, 2012 @ 8:33am CDT
Leave it to 3rd party to turn a lame toy into an awesome one! I hope Hasbro is taking notes.
Re: MakeToys MT-04 MOBINE Color Images (1371132)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 20th, 2012 @ 8:34am CDT
Hmm.

Robot mode isn't too bad, I suppose.
PCC integration is lacking.
Color scheme is very, very bland.
Re: MakeToys MT-04 MOBINE Color Images (1371135)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 20th, 2012 @ 8:43am CDT
I only bought the Dinobot combiner and I doubt this'll work with that one.

The color scheme disappoints me. It doesn't look like either the Titanium Fallen or the Dreamwave's Fallen's color scheme (they were slightly different; you could tell the DW Fallen has purple in him when he was lit up). Since I have (and still dig) Titanium Fallen this just fell down my list of priorities.

But I'll reserve judgement until the full figure is released. With any luck this is just a limited edition color scheme and the one everyone actually wants will be released later.
Re: MakeToys MT-04 MOBINE Color Images (1371140)
Posted by Mkall on April 20th, 2012 @ 8:57am CDT
Re: MakeToys MT-04 MOBINE Color Images (1371144)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 20th, 2012 @ 9:02am CDT
So, they're making a Cubix version of The Fallen?

Re: MakeToys MT-04 MOBINE Color Images (1371145)
Posted by El Duque on April 20th, 2012 @ 9:05am CDT
You can bet on a black and flames repaint.
Re: MakeToys MT-04 MOBINE Color Images (1371147)
Posted by Requiem Prime on April 20th, 2012 @ 9:06am CDT
Looking back on the prototype, I can't tell if the second part is a full PCC commander or just the big robot mode (ala Overlord).

If it's the latter, they're pretty much using PCC to make a partsform-tastic duocon.

...I like this idea even more than I want a Fallen. I hope they do make 2 versions because THIS I would get the repaint. In fact; hope they really go down this road and announce more "partners" to pair with standalone PCC guys and salvage Hasbro's FAIL.

TFC has their WWII set, but despite the points for treating PCC like real gestalts, it's only one set. Pairing well with the tanks aside, something is lost if more than one has the exact same team. This way is not only more outside of the box, but looks much easier to explore and produce a bunch of designs than making sets of triple changers.
Re: MakeToys MT-04 MOBINE Color Images (1371154)
Posted by Anonymous on April 20th, 2012 @ 9:23am CDT
I don't know if any of you have CVS pharmacies around your area, but I was able to find a whole slew of the last wave of PCC 2 packs for 9 bucks each. If you consider, some of us are spending 10-13 bucks each for 3rd party target masters, these are a steal for troop building Heavytreads (even more so if you consider the price of Clone Wars figures in ratio to build quality). So check your CVS if looking for Heavytreads. The ones I found weren't in the toy aisle, they were in the aisle closest to the registers (near seasonal).
Re: MakeToys MT-04 MOBINE Color Images (1371160)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 20th, 2012 @ 9:35am CDT
Mkall wrote:I can't say I see myself getting this. It's a neat concept and the engineering looks darned good, but I'm just not feeling it right now.

Yea.

I mean, what's the point here? I don't need PCC integration.
Re: MakeToys MT-04 MOBINE Color Images (1371162)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 20th, 2012 @ 9:43am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:

Yea.

I mean, what's the point here? I don't need PCC integration.

I see it more as a bonus. Like "here's an awesome Fallen figure. And he can work with PCC too, if you like!"
Re: MakeToys MT-04 MOBINE Color Images (1371164)
Posted by GunFire Alpha on April 20th, 2012 @ 9:52am CDT
I'm really excited about these, they're taking the functionality of PCC's and expanding it into upgrade armour, similar to how Armada allowed figures to split apart and combine into upgrades, IE Prime combined with Overload/Ultra magnus and Jetfire. Cool!
Re: MakeToys MT-04 MOBINE Color Images (1371171)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 20th, 2012 @ 10:09am CDT
So The fallen is being splitt up into two sets, coloured sh*t brown, and sold as accessories for PCCs? :BANG_HEAD:

Again, I'll wait for the black repaint.
Re: MakeToys MT-04 MOBINE Color Images (1371175)
Posted by Mkall on April 20th, 2012 @ 10:13am CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:

Yea.

I mean, what's the point here? I don't need PCC integration.

Honestly, I don't even see the resemblance to The Fallen yet.
Re: MakeToys MT-04 MOBINE Color Images (1371177)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 20th, 2012 @ 10:17am CDT
Mkall wrote:Honestly, I don't even see the resemblance to The Fallen yet.
Granted, it's not a dead on, striking resemblance, but there are some similarities. Mostly the head.

ImageImage

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers generations Combiner wars Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Kidrobot Transformers vs. GI Joe Vinyl Lot Snake Eyes, Destro, Scarlet +++" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse: Turbine Thrash Windblade Scout Class New in Package" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1986 Transformers G1 Aerialbot AIR RAID TORQUE RIFLE Weapon Nice Shape" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alternity Suzuki Swift Sport Gold Bug A-03 Goldbug USEd=D" on EBAY
Buy "4 Transformers Figurines Megatron Optimus Prime Autobot Alpha Trion (0023)" on EBAY
Buy "FLAME TOYS Transformers Kkk Tarn Af Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron  Combaticons COMPLETE BRUTICUS" on EBAY