MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order at TFsource and BBTS

MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order at TFsource and BBTS

Wednesday, February 15th, 2012 10:48am CST

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 37,589

Domestic pre-orders for MakeToys Yellow Giant are now open! From what we've been told these are a rather limited release, and the green version is forthcoming. Pre-orders for all three two-packs can be found at the following site sponsors:

BigBadToyStore:

Yellow Giant - Set of Bulldozer & Excavator
Yellow Giant - Set of Crane & Dump Truck
Yellow Giant - Set of Front End Loader & Cement Mixer

TFsource:

Make Toys - Giant - Set A - Bulldozer & Exgavator - Yellow Version!
Make Toys - Giant - Set B - Crane & Dump Truck - Yellow Version!
Make Toys - Giant - Set C - Front End Loader & Mixer - Yellow Version!

Credit(s): TFsource, BBTS, Requiem Prime, Daimchoc

This article was last modified on Wednesday, February 15th, 2012 12:03pm CST

Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order at TFsource and BBTS (1347650)
Posted by Mkall on February 15th, 2012 @ 11:07am CST

I'm surprised at the price, that's kinda decent compared to Hercules.
Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order at TFsource and BBTS (1347658)
Posted by paul053 on February 15th, 2012 @ 11:33am CST
Mkall wrote:I'm surprised at the price, that's kinda decent compared to Hercules.

Feeling the same way. Now all I have to do is wait for the green version.
Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order at TFsource and BBTS (1347660)
Posted by Requiem Prime on February 15th, 2012 @ 11:34am CST
Mkall wrote:I love how Mixmaster seems to have a targetting visor for his over-the-head missiles.

I'm surprised at the price, that's kinda decent compared to Hercules.

Yeah, and the price cranks down their individual value to what we've allowed in scouts before. I loved the Trailer and hope Maketoys comes through on this.
Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order at TFsource and BBTS (1347661)
Posted by Prime Evil on February 15th, 2012 @ 11:36am CST
The aesthetics to these guys were always more to my liking. And now with that price, I'm glad to see that there's an affordable Devy as well. I will be waiting for the eventual green release.
Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order at TFsource and BBTS (1347665)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on February 15th, 2012 @ 11:42am CST
Ordered. I'll be broke for the next couple months, but that's ok.

Not gonna see anything in my Pile of Loot for a while, though.
Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order at TFsource and BBTS (1347678)
Posted by kirbenvost on February 15th, 2012 @ 12:02pm CST
Nice! Seeing as I'm waiting for the green version, I have about 3 months to save! I hope the price is comparable, because this is fairly decent, considering FP's Bruticus add-ons were about this much if you break it down by cost per figure.
Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order at TFsource and BBTS (1347702)
Posted by dedcat on February 15th, 2012 @ 1:04pm CST
Cool. I'm in the mindset to snag the yellow and not the green versions only because I have TFC Hercules still in the works and I'd like to have that tiny bit of color variety in my insanely expensive 3rd party Dev's. I'm sure I'll want the greens when available, but I'm happy to settle on yellow.
Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order at TFsource and BBTS (1347707)
Posted by Mykltron on February 15th, 2012 @ 1:29pm CST
Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order at TFsource and BBTS (1347715)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on February 15th, 2012 @ 1:44pm CST
I'm going to wait patiently for the jolly green Giant, but it's nice to know these won't be a pain to order.

At about $60 per fig, these are pretty reasonable. That's less than Warbot and the same price as Sonicron. (and they HAVE to be better quality than Sonicron!!)

I gotta wonder if the green set will be cheaper, though. Since the yellow has those extra accessories. Although, knowing online stores, it'll be more pricey since it's more desired...
Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order at TFsource and BBTS (1347743)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on February 15th, 2012 @ 2:30pm CST
I'm going to wait until I see some reviews before I really commit or not - at least compared to Herc the amount of information we've gotten on these guys is pretty slim. I do, however, fully support their idea of releasing the yellow version first; it's a nice change and will be a nice addition to my Neo-G2 display, assuming they're not piles of crap :grin:
Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order at TFsource and BBTS (1347746)
Posted by Gorechyld on February 15th, 2012 @ 2:37pm CST
They're packaging TWO figures together for the low low price of 120 bucks?! So "Giant" is only gonna cost me 360 as opposed to 6-700$ w/shipping?! SOLD! SOLD!! SOLD!!! A THOUSAND TIMES SOOOOOOOLD!!!!!

And screw it, I'm getting the yellow version since everyone else wants to wait for the inevitable green one. I like the uniqueness of the C.A.T. type scheme they got going on, and besides they remind me of Tonka trucks...only they transform! :grin:
Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order at TFsource and BBTS (1347748)
Posted by zodconvoy on February 15th, 2012 @ 2:40pm CST

Gauntlet101010 wrote:I gotta wonder if the green set will be cheaper, though. Since the yellow has those extra accessories.

What extra accessories?
Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order at TFsource and BBTS (1347754)
Posted by Motorthing on February 15th, 2012 @ 2:59pm CST

If you want a more G1 aesthetic (with a G2 Color I know I know!!) than Herc these molds are the ones to choose.

Just wish there wasn't so much 3RD Party goodness coming all at once - what with IGear Not-Ironhide/Ratchet, PE Arcee x2 and the re-issue Warbot to pick up it's a good job Hasbro doesn't want my money at present - I have none spare to give.
Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order at TFsource and BBTS (1347765)
Posted by craggy on February 15th, 2012 @ 3:39pm CST
these are looking good. so good, in fact that I'm nearly tempted to get them instead of (as well as?) the green one. damn.

I was going to buy at least one set of these ones to try the quality out, but I've got a Battle Tanker on the way, so I'll take that as a guide to how good or otherwise the Maketoys stuff is. I do like these yellow ones for their vehicle modes though. A lot.
Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order at TFsource and BBTS (1347766)
Posted by Mkall on February 15th, 2012 @ 3:43pm CST
Motorthing wrote:I've had Bulldozer and Excavator (the names need work.....) since Saturday and they are fantastic - thank you Kapow - and I'll be getting the next two sets from them but the BBTS price is a lot more reasonable than I was expecting and if shipping didn't kill it for me I'd use them. Glad they have it up because now Giant will get enough support to make it to the all important Green.......we hope.

An email the staff got from BBTS says that the green one is on its way and will be announced "soon" so it's coming, but probably not until the yellow ones are out in the wild.
Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order at TFsource and BBTS (1347767)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on February 15th, 2012 @ 3:45pm CST
zodconvoy wrote:Preordered all 3 this morning. Planning to get the green one too when it's available. Yellow for the G2 shelf I am slowly becoming addicted to! :lol:

What extra accessories?

I don't know, I just know that initial reports said the yellow one had some extra accessories the green one won't have.
Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order at TFsource and BBTS (1347797)
Posted by Enygma177 on February 15th, 2012 @ 5:04pm CST
Just pre-ordered the bunch. Cannot wait to have an update to my G2 Devs!
Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order at TFsource and BBTS (1347799)
Posted by NTESHFT on February 15th, 2012 @ 5:08pm CST
*and he breathes a sigh of relief*

Ordered these guys as soon as I got word they were available. I too shall be getting the green set, hopefully. My wallet isn't too happy at the fact it's goin all anorexic on me......
Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order at TFsource and BBTS (1347814)
Posted by Stormrider on February 15th, 2012 @ 5:42pm CST
I am not a fan of G2 but I am tempted with these colors.

Mykltron wrote:Already got the first two - they arrived this morning and i only ordered them yesterday!

Seriously? Give us a review.
Re: MakeToys Yellow Giant Available for Domestic Pre-Order at TFsource and BBTS (1347839)
Posted by originaljk555 on February 15th, 2012 @ 7:02pm CST
I think I'll snag the yellow ones. They have a more "real world" feel to them (even with the purple accents) and just in case Maketoys goes belly up before they get the green one out. Being cheaper than Hercules though I think will help them a lot and we should be seeing a lot more good things from them. Also hopefully their not "the fallen" figure comes out soon.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Collectors Club Botcon TFCC 2016 Membership Figure Ramjet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kingdom: War For Cybertron Trilogy - Megatron (Beast) WFC-K10" on EBAY
Buy "Autobot Drift Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars CW Bruticus Brand New In Sealed Packing 5 Figures" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG29 Wheelie & Go-Shooter Headmasters *B1#2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Mindwipe + Headmaster Vorath deluxe class New" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure Japan" on EBAY