Man Makes Optimus Prime Statue Out of Scrap Metal

Man Makes Optimus Prime Statue Out of Scrap Metal

Saturday, January 23rd, 2010 7:54pm CST

Category: Movie Related News
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 23,923

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

A rather creative man from Taiwan has made a 14 foot tall, movie style Optimus Prime statue purely from scrap metal. The project he took on for his son, cost him $1,600 total, to build a piece much larger than that of what the average man might pursue. To view the news report (in Taiwanese) click here.

Credit(s): YouTube, ChinaTimes


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Man Makes Optimus Prime Statue Out of Scrap Metal (1039816)
Posted by originaldave77 on January 23rd, 2010 @ 8:31pm CST
Obviously, it's a work in progress, so not a bad start, though his legs look short and too far apart? For my money, the guy who made one out of wood (along with a Bumblebee) for Halloween takes the cake so far. It was posted here back in Oct.

I know they made life-size gundam statues in Japan, so why not TFers?
Re: Man Makes Optimus Prime Statue Out of Scrap Metal (1039835)
Posted by UltraPrimal on January 23rd, 2010 @ 10:30pm CST
Megatron: Who's the scrap metal now, Prime?!
Re: Man Makes Optimus Prime Statue Out of Scrap Metal (1039841)
Posted by Night Raid on January 23rd, 2010 @ 11:00pm CST
UltraPrimal wrote:Megatron: Who's the scrap metal now, Prime?!


*snerk*
Re: Man Makes Optimus Prime Statue Out of Scrap Metal (1039847)
Posted by Exic on January 23rd, 2010 @ 11:17pm CST
got stunned by it. the son got a lucky father! nice work done!
Re: Man Makes Optimus Prime Statue Out of Scrap Metal (1039879)
Posted by Loki God Of Mischief on January 24th, 2010 @ 2:54am CST
Too bad he didn't build it in a cave out of scraps. It would probably actually be able to transform if he built it in a cave out of scraps.
Re: Man Makes Optimus Prime Statue Out of Scrap Metal (1039939)
Posted by Forgotten on January 24th, 2010 @ 9:28am CST
Okay, this guy should DEFINITELY get father of the year. My daddy used to smash my OPs into scrap metal, this guy is making them for his son from it.
Re: Man Makes Optimus Prime Statue Out of Scrap Metal (1039954)
Posted by 1337W422102 on January 24th, 2010 @ 11:46am CST
Loki God Of Mischief wrote:Too bad he didn't build it in a cave out of scraps. It would probably actually be able to transform if he built it in a cave out of scraps.

Damn it, I was going to make a "he built this in a cave with box of scraps" joke! 8)
Re: Man Makes Optimus Prime Statue Out of Scrap Metal (1039967)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 24th, 2010 @ 1:03pm CST
You know what's sad? Tformers.com's coverage of this story mocked the man and his Optimus Prime. :( That's so mean. Kind of makes me even happier to be part of Seibertron's community.

I think this statue is pretty awesome, and so much better than most people could do. The fact that he did it for his son is the best part. :)
Re: Man Makes Optimus Prime Statue Out of Scrap Metal (1039972)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 24th, 2010 @ 1:20pm CST
kirbenvost wrote:You know what's sad? Tformers.com's coverage of this story mocked the man and his Optimus Prime. :( That's so mean. Kind of makes me even happier to be part of Seibertron's community.

I think this statue is pretty awesome, and so much better than most people could do. The fact that he did it for his son is the best part. :)

Yea I just checked wow they are nothing but ass holes and that idiot with his GF or WOW comment should have seen the video as you can see the guys son :lol:
TFormers is for dipsh*ts
Re: Man Makes Optimus Prime Statue Out of Scrap Metal (1039984)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on January 24th, 2010 @ 2:35pm CST
Awesome; I recently made an Optimus Prime out of K'Nex! (Yes, it's based on the G1 character and yes it does transform! Haha XD)

And anyone else think it's amusing that 'Dead Metal' should post in response to 'scrap metal'? :P
Re: Man Makes Optimus Prime Statue Out of Scrap Metal (1039993)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 24th, 2010 @ 3:30pm CST
Swiftknife24 wrote:Awesome; I recently made an Optimus Prime out of K'Nex! (Yes, it's based on the G1 character and yes it does transform! Haha XD)

And anyone else think it's amusing that 'Dead Metal' should post in response to 'scrap metal'? :P

I can't help it, it just called to me. :P

By the way I've been wondering, your name Swiftknife isn't taken from the brainwashed Predator of the same name from the game Predator Concrete Jungle by any chance?
Re: Man Makes Optimus Prime Statue Out of Scrap Metal (1039998)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on January 24th, 2010 @ 3:40pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:
Swiftknife24 wrote:Awesome; I recently made an Optimus Prime out of K'Nex! (Yes, it's based on the G1 character and yes it does transform! Haha XD)

And anyone else think it's amusing that 'Dead Metal' should post in response to 'scrap metal'? :P

I can't help it, it just called to me. :P

By the way I've been wondering, your name Swiftknife isn't taken from the brainwashed Predator of the same name from the game Predator Concrete Jungle by any chance?


Haha! I love that game!

I was actually trying to think up a cool-sounding Transformer name (:-B) and something in the back of my mind brought those two words together, so subconsciously, yeah, I think I did! I think it kinda works as a transformer name; for someone who's into melee combat, like Sideswipe in ROTF...

But well spotted, Sir! Have a cigar! :lol:
Re: Man Makes Optimus Prime Statue Out of Scrap Metal (1040020)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on January 24th, 2010 @ 5:25pm CST
kirbenvost wrote:You know what's sad? Tformers.com's coverage of this story mocked the man and his Optimus Prime. :( That's so mean. Kind of makes me even happier to be part of Seibertron's community.

I think this statue is pretty awesome, and so much better than most people could do. The fact that he did it for his son is the best part. :)


Yeah, and then I got banned for mocking their article, lol. I typed it up exactly like their article but made it about the article.

Complete disrespect on their part, and worse, they think nothing wrong with it. The last time they get a hit from me. No respect for people.
Re: Man Makes Optimus Prime Statue Out of Scrap Metal (1040041)
Posted by Loki God Of Mischief on January 24th, 2010 @ 7:43pm CST
1337W422102 wrote:
Loki God Of Mischief wrote:Too bad he didn't build it in a cave out of scraps. It would probably actually be able to transform if he built it in a cave out of scraps.

Damn it, I was going to make a "he built this in a cave with box of scraps" joke! 8)


Image
Re: Man Makes Optimus Prime Statue Out of Scrap Metal (1040068)
Posted by Night Raid on January 24th, 2010 @ 9:00pm CST
Loki God Of Mischief wrote:
1337W422102 wrote:
Loki God Of Mischief wrote:Too bad he didn't build it in a cave out of scraps. It would probably actually be able to transform if he built it in a cave out of scraps.

Damn it, I was going to make a "he built this in a cave with box of scraps" joke! 8)


Image


Whatever image you were going to put up isn't working. Same goes for the image in your sig.

EDIT: I was wrong. In cases like this, I *LIKE* being wrong.
Re: Man Makes Optimus Prime Statue Out of Scrap Metal (1040127)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 25th, 2010 @ 1:42am CST
Swiftknife24 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Swiftknife24 wrote:Awesome; I recently made an Optimus Prime out of K'Nex! (Yes, it's based on the G1 character and yes it does transform! Haha XD)

And anyone else think it's amusing that 'Dead Metal' should post in response to 'scrap metal'? :P

I can't help it, it just called to me. :P

By the way I've been wondering, your name Swiftknife isn't taken from the brainwashed Predator of the same name from the game Predator Concrete Jungle by any chance?


Haha! I love that game!

I was actually trying to think up a cool-sounding Transformer name (:-B) and something in the back of my mind brought those two words together, so subconsciously, yeah, I think I did! I think it kinda works as a transformer name; for someone who's into melee combat, like Sideswipe in ROTF...

But well spotted, Sir! Have a cigar! :lol:

Thanks, and hell yea that game rocks!
Re: Man Makes Optimus Prime Statue Out of Scrap Metal (1040163)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 25th, 2010 @ 6:53am CST
I think it's an impressive piece of work. I don't care too much for the look, honestly, but the work itself? Absolutely impressive.

He went above and beyond his fatherly duties for this one, and is awesome in my book.

And I'd like to thank Seibertron for reporting this news tidbit without it being an editorial comment (or at least not overly so).

TFormers dogged the man out, the work he did, and made a mockery of the whole thing. Seibertron truly is professionalism at it's best. I realize this is simply a message board with a toy website wrapped around it*, and because of that you wouldn't have to go out of your way to be professional, but you folks continue to do just that and I have to commend you for it.

It doesn't hurt anyone to act professional and keep the editorial comments for the message thread itself. Report the news, then let the people comment, not the other way around.

I'm so glad Seibertron (as a whole) got that message long ago and stuck with it.

*= I'm not trying to demean the site/board, that's not it. It's just that a lot of people would look upon this endeavor as merely a hobby and that being serious wouldn't be required. You folks don't act like that or feel that way. You take it serious, you present it with class.
Re: Man Makes Optimus Prime Statue Out of Scrap Metal (1040239)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 25th, 2010 @ 11:11am CST
Hear hear! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Man Makes Optimus Prime Statue Out of Scrap Metal (1040388)
Posted by Joshua Vallse on January 25th, 2010 @ 6:45pm CST
Ah, a kindered spirit for building life sized robots!

Awwwww...too bad he's an ocean away. I would luv to work with this guy, see what both of us could make with our collaborations. It's a pitty the newscaster showed his work while it was still in progress, no doubt he's getting a fair share of people who assume it's finished and submitting their critique. Hopefully there's a follow up news case of the finished product, in which I'm sure he'll find real car panels and fenders and weld them on accordingly. He even used real tires like I did! Ha, tiss bliss.
-Josh
Re: Man Makes Optimus Prime Statue Out of Scrap Metal (1040490)
Posted by Loki God Of Mischief on January 25th, 2010 @ 11:58pm CST
Night Raid wrote:
Loki God Of Mischief wrote:
1337W422102 wrote:
Loki God Of Mischief wrote:Too bad he didn't build it in a cave out of scraps. It would probably actually be able to transform if he built it in a cave out of scraps.

Damn it, I was going to make a "he built this in a cave with box of scraps" joke! 8)


Image


Whatever image you were going to put up isn't working. Same goes for the image in your sig.

EDIT: I was wrong. In cases like this, I *LIKE* being wrong.


Read the file name for the picture I posted. I know that 1337W422102 hangs out on the same site I do, so I knew he'd see what I did there. As far as my sig it has a special meaning for me. Other then me liking the Perry Bible Fellowship.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Protectobot Groove Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
Twincast / Podcast #267:
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Speedster Boulder Flip Racers Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Stealth Force Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Salvage" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots  Brushfire and Salvage Recycling" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot Movie Jazz Ratchet Hot Shot Bumblebee Barricade" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers -  Siege (War for Cybertron) - Battle Masters - Blowpipe - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Mega Class Sky-Byte Shark 2001 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Fire House Station Playset. "Used"" on EBAY