Marvel Comics Artist Herb Trimpe Passes Away at 75

Tuesday, April 14th, 2015 11:40am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 20,813

It appears this is really not the year for comics creators and animators, as we have just received the sad news that Herb Trimpe, famous for his work with Marvel comics in the 1970s and 80s, from Hulk to Wolverine, to the Transformers and G.I. Joe (including the first crossover between the two) has passed away on Monday. The staff of Seibertron.com wish to express their condolences to his family and loved ones.

Legendary Marvel Comics artist Herb Trimpe, the first artist to draw character of Wolverine for publication, has passed away, according to his family.
[...]
"He was a legend in the industry, co-creator of Wolverine and penciled some of the most iconic characters ever. He will be greatly missed."

Transformers News: Marvel Comics Artist Herb Trimpe Passes Away at 75

Credit(s): ComicBook.com

This article was last modified on Tuesday, April 14th, 2015 2:40pm CDT

Re: Marvel Comics Artist Herb Trimpe Passes Away at 75 (1675149)
Posted by steve2275 on April 14th, 2015 @ 11:43am CDT
ah dammit
rest in peace and thank you mr.trimpe
Re: Marvel Comics Artist Herb Trimpe Passes Away at 75 (1675155)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on April 14th, 2015 @ 12:16pm CDT
Perhaps most relevant to his Transformers artwork, he drew all (except the one fill-in issue) of Marvel's take on their imported Japanese robot toy forebears, The Shogun Warriors, including the original Megatron! Though I know that can never legally mean anything in terms of continuity, I like to think the connection gave TF a sense of history long before the Quintesson or Primus origins were established.

Thank you Mr. Trimpe, and may you rest in peace.
Re: Marvel Comics Artist Herb Trimpe Passes Away at 75 (1675158)
Posted by themidnightdoctor on April 14th, 2015 @ 12:28pm CDT
Sad news.Rest in peace.
Re: Marvel Comics Artist Herb Trimpe Passes Away at 75 (1675357)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on April 14th, 2015 @ 7:35pm CDT
Whaaaaaaaaat? Oh, man. I know him mostly for his work on the original G.I. Joe comics.

Rest in peace, Mr. Trimpe. Thank you for everything you drew.
Re: Marvel Comics Artist Herb Trimpe Passes Away at 75 (1675391)
Posted by fenrir72 on April 14th, 2015 @ 8:52pm CDT
Shogun Warriors, Transformers, G.I.Joe and Hulk 181.............ah the good old days. Will miss you sir.
Re: Marvel Comics Artist Herb Trimpe Passes Away at 75 (1675514)
Posted by robotmel on April 15th, 2015 @ 7:03am CDT
:-(
So sad to hear the news when I logged in this morning, Herb was a sometime great artist, working on many a fanboy favourite comic book series, including our beloved Transformers and G.I. Joe.
tfgenonemarvel022-00y.jpg

MZ0BuETo_0610141552171.jpg

KLJ9xoZc_0610131829441.jpg

Along with the work he did on Transformers, I loved his work alongside one of my all time favourite artists Barry Windsor-Smith on Marvels Machine Man! :D

signed-signature-autograph-original-art-sketch-card-sketchcard-herb-trimpe-optimus-prime-transformers-1.jpg

Peace be with you Herb. :BOT:
Re: Marvel Comics Artist Herb Trimpe Passes Away at 75 (1675547)
Posted by william-james88 on April 15th, 2015 @ 9:26am CDT
He was an awesome guy and I feel fortunate to have had the honor to meet him back when I helped organized the montreal comiccon. I will cherish this drawing he did for me, forever.

Re: Marvel Comics Artist Herb Trimpe Passes Away at 75 (1675553)
Posted by triKlops on April 15th, 2015 @ 9:52am CDT
RIPeace
Re: Marvel Comics Artist Herb Trimpe Passes Away at 75 (1675558)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 15th, 2015 @ 10:24am CDT
The G1 Marvel comics will always be my favorite continuity. RIP Mr. Trimpe. Thank you for sharing your talents.
Re: Marvel Comics Artist Herb Trimpe Passes Away at 75 (1675825)
Posted by Alpha Dominus on April 15th, 2015 @ 8:51pm CDT
Alot of my comic book diet in the 80's contained Herb Trimpe's artwork. For a while there I drew nothing but Transformers characters in my grade school sketchbook. I totally aped his shading style and poses to render all my characters. Sad to see this talented artist go.
Peace be with you Mr. Trimpe

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "Autobot Heroes Platinum Edition Transformers Ultra Magnus Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BUMBLEBEE Action Figure POWER PUNCH Age of Extinction Deluxe NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Aoe High Octane Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Roar and Rescue Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 3 Thunderhoof Figure Blue McDonald’s Happy Meal Toy 2016" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Stuntwing Mini Con" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIDESWIPE ROTF Revenge of the Fallen Deluxe Class 2009" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Sideswipe Autobot Deluxe 2008 Revenge of the Fallen ROTF" on EBAY