Massive Earthquake and Tsunami Hits Japan

Massive Earthquake and Tsunami Hits Japan

Friday, March 11th, 2011 5:43am CST

Categories: Site News, Event News, People News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 40,317

One of the most powerful earthquakes ever, with an 8.9 magnitude, has hit Japan this afternoon local time. The earthquake has caused a tsunami that swept Sendai as well as north east part of Japan. At least 20 countries are on the alert of possible tsunami.

Here are some video clips of the affects of the tsunami as it hits Japan:

To follow the latest news, please check out the following links:
- CNN News
- BBC News
- Twitter Trend "tsunami"
- Yahoo! - "32 killed in major tsunami after 8.9 Japan quake"
- HobbyLinkJapan's Facebook page
- CNN - "Fire on water: Japan, world watches tsunami strike live"

Here's a photo from our sponsor HobbyLinkJapan.com which shows the damage caused by earthquake in their warehouse. Thankfully everyone is safe at HobbyLink Japan.

Prayers and good luck from Seibertron.com staff and community members to the people of Japan and other areas affected by this natural disaster. Please keep the people affected by this natural disaster in your thoughts.

Credit(s): Various

This article was last modified on Friday, March 11th, 2011 5:53am CST

Re: Massive Earthquake and Tsunami Hits Japan (1193326)
Posted by Seibertron on March 11th, 2011 @ 6:01am CST
I can't even imagine living through something like this. I've been watching it unfold on the television for the past 2.5 hours just in awe of the destructive forces wreaking havoc before my very eyes on live television. This is just insane. Historic.

My deepest condolences go to the people affected by this horrible natural disaster.
Re: Massive Earthquake and Tsunami Hits Japan (1193327)
Posted by Lord Grimlock on March 11th, 2011 @ 6:05am CST
hopefully no transformers were damaged
Re: Massive Earthquake and Tsunami Hits Japan (1193332)
Posted by Lord Grimlock on March 11th, 2011 @ 6:12am CST
i just want my transformers to be safe hopefully they are
Re: Massive Earthquake and Tsunami Hits Japan (1193333)
Posted by Seibertron on March 11th, 2011 @ 6:15am CST
Lord Grimlock wrote:i just want my transformers to be safe hopefully they are

This comment is really inappropriate at this time. There are actual living, breathing human beings whose lives are at stake here. The status of Transformers toys, or any material object for that matter, should be at the bottom of a list of concerns we have at the moment.
Re: Massive Earthquake and Tsunami Hits Japan (1193335)
Posted by griftimus prime on March 11th, 2011 @ 6:18am CST
SALE
Re: Massive Earthquake and Tsunami Hits Japan (1193339)
Posted by DevastaTTor on March 11th, 2011 @ 6:44am CST
My prayers are with the people of Japan and will be hoping for the best for the rest of the Pacific islands and Hawaii.
Re: Massive Earthquake and Tsunami Hits Japan (1193344)
Posted by alldarker on March 11th, 2011 @ 6:52am CST
I'll be honest, when I first heard of the earthquake and tsunami this morning, my first thoughts were: "I hope it won't influence the shipping on my HLJ order..." Seeing all the images coming through has certainly put those thoughts in perspective and made me realize how selfish those thoughts were.

It gives me the absolute chills to watch this, and my heart goes out to everyone who is affected by this tragedy. I also hope everyone in the other countries and islands around the Pacific are taking all the precautions and care necessary to minimize the loss of lives as much as is humanly possible.
Re: Massive Earthquake and Tsunami Hits Japan (1193349)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on March 11th, 2011 @ 7:06am CST

Prayers go out to everyone effected by this natural disaster.

Please keep the snide comments out of this thread.
Re: Massive Earthquake and Tsunami Hits Japan (1193351)
Posted by TFBuyer on March 11th, 2011 @ 7:15am CST
Cyber Bishop wrote:Watching that wave go through the countryside, gutting and moving buildings and flooding everything was chilling for me.. Brought back memories of hurricane Katrina..

Prayers go out to everyone effected by this natural disaster.

Please keep the snide comments out of this thread.

Seriously. If ever there was a need for some kind of "Auto-ban based on idiocy" sub-routine on this site...

Praying for safety for all affected.
Re: Massive Earthquake and Tsunami Hits Japan (1193353)
Posted by Tigertrack on March 11th, 2011 @ 7:30am CST
Ugh, I cannot even imagine. Many problems fail to compare when something like this happens. Many do compare in the amount of hurt and damage to ourselves or our families, but many we deal with on this site are so far off of what is really important...
Re: Massive Earthquake and Tsunami Hits Japan (1193358)
Posted by Stryfe Convoy on March 11th, 2011 @ 7:45am CST
A disaster on this scale leaves any single human being with any kind of morals feeling quite on edge. I use that term because I just wish there was something we could do to help. I understand praying and thinking about those unfortunate enough to have to live through it, but that doesn't seem enough. I'm sorry, I guess I feel out of place when I physically can't do anything to help...
Re: Massive Earthquake and Tsunami Hits Japan (1193363)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 11th, 2011 @ 8:04am CST
Seriously, I get some of the most horrible news before I even get a chance to make my morning coffee, the floods and earth quake started just moments before I got out of bed.

My first thought when I saw it on the news was, "the f**k is going on? Is that a movie?" It's just so utterly unreal, you see that kind of stuff in movies all the time, just that this time there actually are people, families and pets in the buildings and vehicles that are being swept away and crushed.

My best wishes go out to all those that are effected by this, and will still be in the coming hours.
Re: Massive Earthquake and Tsunami Hits Japan (1193364)
Posted by Overloaded on March 11th, 2011 @ 8:05am CST
My prayers are wth the affect people and families at this time
Re: Massive Earthquake and Tsunami Hits Japan (1193371)
Posted by Ravage XK on March 11th, 2011 @ 8:18am CST
Saw the footage of water sweeping across a field only to then realise the small white thing I thought was box was in fact a car. Very scary.

Does seem like this sort of event is on the increase. Plates moving and all that, lets hope that this is the end of it now.
Re: Massive Earthquake and Tsunami Hits Japan (1193372)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on March 11th, 2011 @ 8:27am CST
dear god let those people be safe! i hope no one gets killed, my wishes that everyone makes it out of there safely.
Re: Massive Earthquake and Tsunami Hits Japan (1193373)
Posted by Rated X on March 11th, 2011 @ 8:36am CST
I wish all for the best and a speedy recovery. I toured the 9th ward in New Orleans so I can imagine how bad this was.

While it is not an appropiate time to discuss paid orders, as information becomes available please keep us in the loop if any companies have been affected.
Re: Massive Earthquake and Tsunami Hits Japan (1193388)
Posted by GEEWUN on March 11th, 2011 @ 9:02am CST
my condolences and prayers are with them.
Re: Massive Earthquake and Tsunami Hits Japan (1193389)
Posted by #Sideways# on March 11th, 2011 @ 9:04am CST
That first video put in perspective of how devastating this is, I remember Katrina and the devastation that caused, but this is worse, much worse.

High prayers for the low numbers on the buildings, and for them to rebuild and be resilient in this time of crisis.

It is also very disappointing on the way that people on this site are responding to this, Seibertron is right, right now, we should keep our minds on the humans, not transformers, affected by this.
Re: Massive Earthquake and Tsunami Hits Japan (1193402)
Posted by Rodimus_Major86 on March 11th, 2011 @ 9:27am CST
I'm really worried about the people of Japan. I've got friends out there, but I can't figure out if the cities they live in were affected by the quake or not.

My prayers to the people out there
Re: Massive Earthquake and Tsunami Hits Japan (1193403)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on March 11th, 2011 @ 9:28am CST
Oh dear, this is bad :-( :-( :-(

Just to lighten the mood here “oh the japanity”

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers 2016 Generations Titans Return Deluxe Class SKULLSMASHER & GRAX!" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome Headmasters Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers robots in disguise generations Megatron, Scourge, Primus and More!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skullsmasher Grax Skullcruncher g1 headmaster wfc" on EBAY
Buy "SUPER 7 REACTION TRANSFORMERS GOLD ARMOR BUMBLEBEE ACTION FIGURE NEW IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on EBAY
Buy "DECEPTICON BERSERKER PREMIER EDITION TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: 2017 Generations Power of the Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on EBAY