Masterpiece -10 Optimus Prime

Masterpiece -10 Optimus Prime

Thursday, April 21st, 2011 2:11pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 61,779

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Anticipation is building as to just who and what the recently announced Masterpiece MP-10 is.

Anonymous sources (and a little bit of reasoned guess work) reveal this upcoming MP figure to be none other than Optimus Prime with an improved trailer (ala MP-04). Details as we know to be rumored:

  • All new mold
  • Robot-mode size close to the i-Gear Faith Leader KO
  • Improved overall robot-mode and design
  • Better looking, more cartoon accurate head
  • Die-cast parts
  • Trailer
  • Truck-mode more convincing and realistic than MP 01
  • Truck-mode windscreen and grill better aligned than on previous G1 Optimus Prime toys
  • Accessories have not been decided upon yet

This is of course as of yet not 100% confirmed, our source may be mistaken as to some of the key details, but then again the same source has delivered reliable information about DOTM Leader Class Ironhide, Sentinel Prime, etc...

So yea, we're pretty sure this is true, but take it with a grain of salt - and watch that blood pressure...

Credit(s): Anonymous


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Masterpiece -10 Optimus Prime (1211970)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 21st, 2011 @ 2:15pm CDT
Broadside Da Wrecker wrote:Why does everyone think that it's Prime? Just cause Counterpunch is a mod, doesn't mean he's omniscient!


Image
Re: Masterpiece -10 Optimus Prime (1211971)
Posted by Mykltron on April 21st, 2011 @ 2:15pm CDT
Why on earth do they think we need a new version of Prime but smaller? Yeah, it'll be good to have it more on the scale of seekers and Grimlock but come on - why not a new character? :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Masterpiece -10 Optimus Prime (1211972)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 21st, 2011 @ 2:16pm CDT
Broadside Da Wrecker wrote:
ubertenorman wrote:I should have said that most of the mods seem to know what it is-not just Counterpunch. See Dead Metal's post above.

Still, just cause the mods are letting on that they know, doesn't mean we should take their word as gospel until we get some official information.

Because this is from the same source as: MP Rodimus Leader Class Ironhide, Bumblebee, Sentinel Prime and the DOTM Movie and G1 two packs, just to name a few.
Re: Masterpiece -10 Optimus Prime (1211974)
Posted by Broadside Da Wrecker on April 21st, 2011 @ 2:20pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:
Broadside Da Wrecker wrote:
ubertenorman wrote:I should have said that most of the mods seem to know what it is-not just Counterpunch. See Dead Metal's post above.

Still, just cause the mods are letting on that they know, doesn't mean we should take their word as gospel until we get some official information.

Because this is from the same source as: MP Rodimus Leader Class Ironhide, Bumblebee, Sentinel Prime and the DOTM Movie and G1 two packs, just to name a few.

Just because they were right once or twice before doesn't mean they're right all the time. All I'm saying is that people should not believe everything they read. I'm not saying that's not what it will be, but it hasn't been confirmed yet.
Re: Masterpiece -10 Optimus Prime (1211976)
Posted by ubertenorman on April 21st, 2011 @ 2:21pm CDT
Broadside Da Wrecker wrote:
ubertenorman wrote:I should have said that most of the mods seem to know what it is-not just Counterpunch. See Dead Metal's post above.

Still, just cause the mods are letting on that they know, doesn't mean we should take their word as gospel until we get some official information.


ubertenorman wrote:
DavidT wrote:So is MP-10 gonna be a completely new mold of Op w/ trailer or a reissue of MP-04???


If what Counterpunch is saying is accurate (and it probably is) then MP-10 will be a new sculpt of Optimus Prime with a trailer.


I never said it was "gospel." I made a point of saying they may be misinformed.

However, I can't think of any time the mods have revealed anything they didn't think was true.
Re: Masterpiece -10 Optimus Prime (1211979)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 21st, 2011 @ 2:22pm CDT
Broadside Da Wrecker wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Broadside Da Wrecker wrote:
ubertenorman wrote:I should have said that most of the mods seem to know what it is-not just Counterpunch. See Dead Metal's post above.

Still, just cause the mods are letting on that they know, doesn't mean we should take their word as gospel until we get some official information.

Because this is from the same source as: MP Rodimus Leader Class Ironhide, Bumblebee, Sentinel Prime and the DOTM Movie and G1 two packs, just to name a few.

Just because they were right once or twice before doesn't mean they're right all the time. All I'm saying is not to believe everything they read. I'm not saying that's not what it will be, but it hasn't been confirmed yet.

Wanna bet?
A fiver says it's true.
Re: Masterpiece -10 Optimus Prime (1211980)
Posted by Broadside Da Wrecker on April 21st, 2011 @ 2:23pm CDT
ubertenorman wrote:
Broadside Da Wrecker wrote:
ubertenorman wrote:I should have said that most of the mods seem to know what it is-not just Counterpunch. See Dead Metal's post above.

Still, just cause the mods are letting on that they know, doesn't mean we should take their word as gospel until we get some official information.


ubertenorman wrote:
DavidT wrote:So is MP-10 gonna be a completely new mold of Op w/ trailer or a reissue of MP-04???


If what Counterpunch is saying is accurate (and it probably is) then MP-10 will be a new sculpt of Optimus Prime with a trailer.


I never said it was "gospel." I made a point of saying they may be misinformed.

However, I can't think of any time the mods have revealed anything they didn't think was true.

Remember the time they reported that fake BotCon reveal last year?
Re: Masterpiece -10 Optimus Prime (1211981)
Posted by Broadside Da Wrecker on April 21st, 2011 @ 2:25pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:
Broadside Da Wrecker wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Broadside Da Wrecker wrote:
ubertenorman wrote:I should have said that most of the mods seem to know what it is-not just Counterpunch. See Dead Metal's post above.

Still, just cause the mods are letting on that they know, doesn't mean we should take their word as gospel until we get some official information.

Because this is from the same source as: MP Rodimus Leader Class Ironhide, Bumblebee, Sentinel Prime and the DOTM Movie and G1 two packs, just to name a few.

Just because they were right once or twice before doesn't mean they're right all the time. All I'm saying is not to believe everything they read. I'm not saying that's not what it will be, but it hasn't been confirmed yet.

Wanna bet?
A fiver says it's true.

I'm not going to bet it's not true, cause no one really knows yet. Also I'm piss poor, but that's beside the point.....
Re: Masterpiece -10 Optimus Prime (1211983)
Posted by ubertenorman on April 21st, 2011 @ 2:26pm CDT
Actually, I don't. I've only been active here for a year or so.
Re: Masterpiece -10 Optimus Prime (1211984)
Posted by Broadside Da Wrecker on April 21st, 2011 @ 2:27pm CDT
ubertenorman wrote:Actually, I don't. I've only been active here for a year or so.
Well, they did.
Re: Masterpiece -10 Optimus Prime (1211985)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 21st, 2011 @ 2:28pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:Anticipation is building as to just who and what the recently announced Masterpiece MP-10 is.

Anonymous sources (and a little bit of reasoned guess work) reveal this upcoming MP figure to be none other than Optimus Prime with an improved trailer (ala MP-04). Details as we know to be rumored:

  • All new mold
  • Robot-mode size close to the i-Gear Faith Leader KO
  • Improved overall robot-mode and design
  • Better looking, more cartoon accurate head
  • Die-cast parts
  • Trailer
  • Truck-mode more convincing and realistic than MP 01
  • Truck-mode windscreen and grill better aligned than on previous G1 Optimus Prime toys
  • Accessories have not been decided upon yet

This is of course as of yet not 100% confirmed, our source may be mistaken as to some of the key details, but then again the same source has delivered reliable information about DOTM Leader Class Ironhide, Sentinel Prime, etc...

So yea, we're pretty sure this is true, but take it with a grain of salt - and watch that blood pressure...


Roller! Bring me Roller! Then I'll consider it.
Re: Masterpiece -10 Optimus Prime (1211986)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 21st, 2011 @ 2:28pm CDT
Broadside Da Wrecker wrote:
ubertenorman wrote:
Broadside Da Wrecker wrote:
ubertenorman wrote:I should have said that most of the mods seem to know what it is-not just Counterpunch. See Dead Metal's post above.

Still, just cause the mods are letting on that they know, doesn't mean we should take their word as gospel until we get some official information.


ubertenorman wrote:
DavidT wrote:So is MP-10 gonna be a completely new mold of Op w/ trailer or a reissue of MP-04???


If what Counterpunch is saying is accurate (and it probably is) then MP-10 will be a new sculpt of Optimus Prime with a trailer.


I never said it was "gospel." I made a point of saying they may be misinformed.

However, I can't think of any time the mods have revealed anything they didn't think was true.

Remember the time they reported that fake BotCon reveal last year?


You're right.

We've been wrong before.

We've been misinformed on occasion.

We've corrected it when we were.

Can we move on now? I've admitted that the news has been wrong on occasion and everyone has paid attention to you pointing that out. Well done on keeping us honest.

The information from this source hasn't been bad yet. So, we can go on being negative and casting doubt on people that do free work for you, or...whatever.
Re: Masterpiece -10 Optimus Prime (1211987)
Posted by LiKwid on April 21st, 2011 @ 2:28pm CDT
Broadside Da Wrecker wrote:
ubertenorman wrote:
Broadside Da Wrecker wrote:
ubertenorman wrote:I should have said that most of the mods seem to know what it is-not just Counterpunch. See Dead Metal's post above.

Still, just cause the mods are letting on that they know, doesn't mean we should take their word as gospel until we get some official information.


ubertenorman wrote:
DavidT wrote:So is MP-10 gonna be a completely new mold of Op w/ trailer or a reissue of MP-04???


If what Counterpunch is saying is accurate (and it probably is) then MP-10 will be a new sculpt of Optimus Prime with a trailer.


I never said it was "gospel." I made a point of saying they may be misinformed.

However, I can't think of any time the mods have revealed anything they didn't think was true.

Remember the time they reported that fake BotCon reveal last year?


And I think Blurzz was the only who bought it :P LoL I still have that pic on my comp .. Im down to raise that fiver :P
Re: Masterpiece -10 Optimus Prime (1211988)
Posted by Broadside Da Wrecker on April 21st, 2011 @ 2:30pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
Broadside Da Wrecker wrote:
ubertenorman wrote:
Broadside Da Wrecker wrote:
ubertenorman wrote:I should have said that most of the mods seem to know what it is-not just Counterpunch. See Dead Metal's post above.

Still, just cause the mods are letting on that they know, doesn't mean we should take their word as gospel until we get some official information.


ubertenorman wrote:
DavidT wrote:So is MP-10 gonna be a completely new mold of Op w/ trailer or a reissue of MP-04???


If what Counterpunch is saying is accurate (and it probably is) then MP-10 will be a new sculpt of Optimus Prime with a trailer.


I never said it was "gospel." I made a point of saying they may be misinformed.

However, I can't think of any time the mods have revealed anything they didn't think was true.

Remember the time they reported that fake BotCon reveal last year?


You're right.

We've been wrong before.

We've been misinformed on occasion.

We've corrected it when we were.

Can we move on now? I've admitted that the news has been wrong on occasion and everyone has paid attention to you pointing that out. Well done on keeping us honest.

The information from this source hasn't been bad yet. So, we can go on being negative and casting doubt on people that do free work for you, or...whatever.

Gee, when you say it like that, I almost sound like an asshole.
Re: Masterpiece -10 Optimus Prime (1211989)
Posted by cadenheadr04 on April 21st, 2011 @ 2:41pm CDT
This is just another Michael Bay plot to misinform the masses, what they are really creating is a lifesize G1 Bumblebee, hence the $250 pricetag. Or an in scale Broadside... hah, I could only hope right?
Re: Masterpiece -10 Optimus Prime (1211990)
Posted by ubertenorman on April 21st, 2011 @ 2:41pm CDT
Anyway. I'm just glad the figure isn't something I desperately want-I already have the 20th Ann. Prime. I can put that $250 towards some classics/movie figures. However, if it's as cool as it seems, it's going to be a hard choice.
Re: Masterpiece -10 Optimus Prime (1211996)
Posted by Kibble on April 21st, 2011 @ 2:49pm CDT
So does this mean a new Megatron is forthcoming then, too? Kinda makes him the odd man out if he's the only 12 inch figure left in your MP display.
Re: Masterpiece -10 Optimus Prime (1211999)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 21st, 2011 @ 2:51pm CDT
Kibble wrote:So does this mean a new Megatron is forthcoming then, too? Kinda makes him the odd man out if he's the only 12 inch figure left in your MP display.

Maybe, I hope so. It does kina look like they are rebooting the whole line.
Re: Masterpiece -10 Optimus Prime (1212000)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 21st, 2011 @ 2:54pm CDT
Kibble wrote:So does this mean a new Megatron is forthcoming then, too? Kinda makes him the odd man out if he's the only 12 inch figure left in your MP display.


I would just say that buying iGear seekers may not be the most prudent thing to do in this topsy-turvy world of ours.
Re: Masterpiece -10 Optimus Prime (1212018)
Posted by Badassimus Prime on April 21st, 2011 @ 3:25pm CDT
If these rumors are indeed true, it should be very interesting to see how this mold turns out to be. I'm leaning on placing a preorder just to be safe. Hopefully it comes with a wide variety of accessories but more importantly, top-notch QC.

A new Megatron would definitely be welcomed ;)

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Protectobot Groove Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
Twincast / Podcast #270:
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "transformers tfcc tfss 1.0 Breakdown" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Blackout Cyberverse Legends" on EBAY
Buy "TFCC funpub 2013 Transformers club membership Depthcharge Depth Charge botcon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal the Shield 'G2' Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers  Collectors Club Dion - Sealed Unopened with instructions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Reveal the Shield Deluxe Optimus Prime MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "2009 Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen Deluxe Bludgeon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TLK Skullitron NEW MISB - TRU Exclusive" on EBAY