Masterpiece Grimlock Available On TRU.com, Priced At $79.99

Masterpiece Grimlock Available On TRU.com, Priced At $79.99

Wednesday, May 28th, 2014 4:04am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Store News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 25,440

A news submission by Seibertron.com board member KnightStrike has pointed us in the direction of TRU' s newest TF listing: MP-03 Masterpiece Grimlock.
It's only available for shipping only, with no store pick up at the moment. He is being found at retail as well, which we reported on here. If you can't find it in your local store, don't worry about the extra cost of shipping since it's price is over the minimum, and you can have it shipped free.

Also of note, the price is now set at $79.99. There had been speculation, thanks to the original computer listings, that this would be $59.99 and unfortunately that's not the case anymore. Take it from me, it's worth it. He's an excellent figure and it beats eBay pricing. Strike while the iron's hot! And while you're waiting for him to arrive, check out our gallery!

Transformers News: Masterpiece Grimlock Available On TRU.com, Priced At $79.99

Credit(s): KnightStrike

This article was last modified on Wednesday, May 28th, 2014 4:20am CDT

Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Available On TRU.com, Priced At $79.99 (1577611)
Posted by MenaceRX on May 28th, 2014 @ 4:09am CDT
I got the Takara re-issue at 200. That was worth it. But this is a steal... so I picked up another. Cant wait to have them both side by side in full dino glory and the other in bot prowess... between MP10 and 10B Primes of course.
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Available On TRU.com, Priced At $79.99 (1577613)
Posted by wewyllenium on May 28th, 2014 @ 4:16am CDT
:( I thought this would be for 60 USD. Now its 20 USD more expensive. That's a weeks lunch money for poor old me :(
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Available On TRU.com, Priced At $79.99 (1577615)
Posted by MenaceRX on May 28th, 2014 @ 4:18am CDT
Yeah I wanted him @ 60 too... maybe in store you can still. But this still loads cheaper then eBay or a Takara release. So I wouldnt pout to much. Though I would like to hold onto that 20 as well.
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Available On TRU.com, Priced At $79.99 (1577616)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 28th, 2014 @ 4:25am CDT
I had a feeling the price was too good to be true. Prowl better not go above $50.00, cuz he ain't worth it.
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Available On TRU.com, Priced At $79.99 (1577617)
Posted by MenaceRX on May 28th, 2014 @ 4:26am CDT
When is Prowl supposed to pop for purchase?
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Available On TRU.com, Priced At $79.99 (1577627)
Posted by Henry921 on May 28th, 2014 @ 5:49am CDT
Even if it was $60 it was only available on eBay for $100+. Never saw it at TRU. :-(

So I'll settle for buying one off the website. The price is still reasonable, at least by comparison.
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Available On TRU.com, Priced At $79.99 (1577629)
Posted by Trek on May 28th, 2014 @ 6:25am CDT
So still $90 cheaper than the UK then...
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Available On TRU.com, Priced At $79.99 (1577631)
Posted by happylock on May 28th, 2014 @ 6:35am CDT
Happylock is sad. Since this is not on TRU's site anymore.
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Available On TRU.com, Priced At $79.99 (1577638)
Posted by TransBat on May 28th, 2014 @ 7:06am CDT
My local TRU has a shelf tag for MP Grimlock still listed at $59.99, and the store associates expect more in soon. But just in case I can't manage to find it locally, I snagged one online at about 7:49am EST - I didn't want to miss out on MP Grimlock again like I did with his first release #-o

TRU's return policy allows you return any item you've purchased online to their store as long as you have the item unopened and your e-mail receipts printed out. I've ordered other items this way before, and returned them to TRU without any hassle. It's worth noting, one time I returned an online order because in store had a better price. Sadly the item was out of stock on the shelf, but their service desk refunded me the online item, and then let me "re-buy" the item at the in-store price. Your mileage may vary of course, but it might be worth one's effort to try and get the $59.99 price shelves currently show this item for ;)
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Available On TRU.com, Priced At $79.99 (1577639)
Posted by Raynofett on May 28th, 2014 @ 7:10am CDT
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Available On TRU.com, Priced At $79.99 (1577642)
Posted by xyl360 on May 28th, 2014 @ 7:36am CDT
Raynofett wrote:http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=31372196

Here you go happylock.

Thanks, I snagged me one as well :)!

I couldn't find it on their site by searching either (tried "grimlock", which only displayed AoE toys and I tried "masterpiece" which only displayed art things).
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Available On TRU.com, Priced At $79.99 (1577644)
Posted by reluctantyouth on May 28th, 2014 @ 7:41am CDT
Got me some new Grimlock plastic crack on the way! Purchased at 7:39 am Central time. I'm majorly bummed about the price increase. The same thing happened when TRU bumped the price of Prime from $99.99 to $119.99. I only found the first Grimlock release in my TRU once and he was $79.99 then as well. The best I can hope for is getting this one and hoping down the line there is a BOGO 50% sale and my TRU actually has Grimlocks at that point. Now at least I will be able to open this one and display it as I never got to open my first release. We all know the boxes coming from TRU shipping will be badly damaged in transit anyway. I hope you all get one!!

~reluctantyouth~ :BOT:

UPDATE 7:54 am Central Time

PS- Holy crap :shock: :shock: :shock: I tried "transformers", "transformers all", "masterpiece", "transformers masterpiece", "grimlock", and "transformers masterpiece grimlock" and NONE of those brought the product up from website search page. MAJOR KUDOS!!! to the member that found this. No wonder they are still available on the site right now!
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Available On TRU.com, Priced At $79.99 (1577646)
Posted by RiddlerJ on May 28th, 2014 @ 8:05am CDT
Yes, thank you for putting this up. :APPLAUSE:

I was looking last night on their sight and it doesn't come up under Masterpiece or Grimlock.

It's like stores really don't want to sell product or something.
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Available On TRU.com, Priced At $79.99 (1577648)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on May 28th, 2014 @ 8:18am CDT
Just bit the bullet and ordered mine (still available as of 9:14 AM today). Of course with my luck, they'll soon be literally dribbling off the shelves at TRU for $59 and will be so plentiful for so long that they'll reduce it, lol.
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Available On TRU.com, Priced At $79.99 (1577651)
Posted by Rodimus_Prime29 on May 28th, 2014 @ 8:30am CDT
I just got mine ordered as of 9:20am, interestingly I can only get to the link if I go from seibertron, searching TRUs site does not work

Shame you can only order one at a time....
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Available On TRU.com, Priced At $79.99 (1577655)
Posted by megatronus on May 28th, 2014 @ 8:45am CDT
Still going to hold out for a sighting in store. Then I might be able to pick a box I like.

Also, if you do a price match or return an online purchase, you get store credit. Which I'll use, but... annoying.
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Available On TRU.com, Priced At $79.99 (1577662)
Posted by ScottyP on May 28th, 2014 @ 9:27am CDT
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Available On TRU.com, Priced At $79.99 (1577664)
Posted by Grendelspyce on May 28th, 2014 @ 9:37am CDT
THANK YOU! I spent Memorial Day driving to my local TRU's with no luck and was not looking forward to doing it again on Friday.
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Available On TRU.com, Priced At $79.99 (1577668)
Posted by Siger on May 28th, 2014 @ 9:49am CDT
Well you are lucky to get the Grimlock at $59.99. Just called the TRUs in Manhattan and they are listed at the same $79.99 online price. They won't hit the shelves until sometime in June anyway. So I just ordered it online. If they do hit the shelves at a cheaper price later, then I'll return for store credit.
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Available On TRU.com, Priced At $79.99 (1577670)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on May 28th, 2014 @ 9:52am CDT
ScottyP wrote:Very glad this popped up quickly and was easy to grab online. Hopefully subsequent MP releases are like this - trying to find TRU MPs in store is like trying to win the lottery :lol:

TRUTH!

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Exclusive Platinum Edition Action Figure Silver Knight Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee Hex Bug Nano Micro Robotics Transformers 4 Age of Extinction HexBug" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Age of Extinction  OPTIMUS PRIME  FIRST EDITION Leader Class NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2014 Age of Extinction Deluxe Class Drift Flip & Change." on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy - Whirl The Flight-Bot! New!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers:  Age of Extinction Voyager Class Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Electronic Hero Mashers Light Up Weapons Hasbro NEW" on EBAY
Buy "2013 Transformers Construct Bots AOE DinoBot Optimus Prime & Gnaw Dino Brand NEW" on EBAY