Masterpiece Grimlock Pre-order At BBTS!

Masterpiece Grimlock Pre-order At BBTS!

Tuesday, October 14th, 2008 11:40am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 11,323

BigBadToyStore.com- Yes indeed, site sponsor, online store BBTS Has listed the newest Masterpiece figure for pre-order...MASTERPIECE GRIMLOCK. The news of his possible release, while rumored over a year back, just resurfaced recently, and now this, a pre-order for the toy which would confirm the earlier story

The Dinobot commander looks to be getting the ultimate toy creation joining the likes of Optimus Prime, Megatron, and Starscream before him.

You can pre-order him from BBTS by clicking here! The price is $149.99,and estimated to arrive in March.

After years of rumors, Takara has finally announced the Masterpiece Grimlock figure! Takara has increased the retail pricing on this item to 13,000 yen, so we would expect this figure to be slightly larger and bulkier than previous Masterpiece figures, which were in the 10,000 yen MSRP range. More details to be listed as they are released.

No actual toy images have surfaces yet, but it won't be long now, if this toy is due out in March 2009!

{L_IMAGE}

Credit(s): RodimusConvoy_13, JRX, wardamnpjm1, BBTS

Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Pre-order At BBTS! (812502)
Posted by 1337W422102 on October 14th, 2008 @ 11:50am CDT
I hope he isn't as back-heavy as that silhouette makes him look...

"Me Grimlock fall over!"
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Pre-order At BBTS! (812503)
Posted by Sledge on October 14th, 2008 @ 11:53am CDT
Unlikely, given that's just G1 Grimlock's box art silouetted.
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Pre-order At BBTS! (812508)
Posted by Auto Bot on October 14th, 2008 @ 12:00pm CDT
I wonder why there's never been a leaked prototype photo of this figure.

I'm still not entirely convinced that he's really coming out soon.
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Pre-order At BBTS! (812513)
Posted by NebulanFree on October 14th, 2008 @ 12:06pm CDT
Shazam!

Preordered!!
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Pre-order At BBTS! (812519)
Posted by Iron Prime on October 14th, 2008 @ 12:14pm CDT
I think that's the fastest I have ever pre-ordered anything!
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Pre-order At BBTS! (812523)
Posted by wardamnpjm1 on October 14th, 2008 @ 12:18pm CDT
I have been waiting for this all my life lol. I really want to see some images of him! Will he get the awesomeness of prime or the mediocrity of Megs? At $150.00 I hope he is taller than prime! :grin:
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Pre-order At BBTS! (812528)
Posted by TFBuyer on October 14th, 2008 @ 12:28pm CDT
This sounds neat and all...I just don't know if I need a masterpiece version of Grimlock. Is that a sacrilege? :-(
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Pre-order At BBTS! (812532)
Posted by Iron Prime on October 14th, 2008 @ 12:35pm CDT
Yes. Yes it is.

Now go to the corner and think about what you've done.
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Pre-order At BBTS! (812547)
Posted by --B-- on October 14th, 2008 @ 12:51pm CDT
*sigh* yet another Masterpiece that I can't afford and won't be getting.

Curse you Takara!!!!! *shakes fist angrily at sky*
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Pre-order At BBTS! (812548)
Posted by Counterpunch on October 14th, 2008 @ 12:54pm CDT
They are really pushing the price limit on a toy I only have minimal interest in.
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Pre-order At BBTS! (812550)
Posted by 1337W422102 on October 14th, 2008 @ 12:55pm CDT
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Pre-order At BBTS! (812555)
Posted by Auto Bot on October 14th, 2008 @ 1:03pm CDT
I see everybody jumping into the bandwagon. Don't you guys want to at least see a photo of the product before buying it?
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Pre-order At BBTS! (812559)
Posted by Iron Prime on October 14th, 2008 @ 1:07pm CDT
At BBTS you don't pay until it arrives and ships. So it's more like we're saving a place in line.

So if money gets tighter, or pics come out and I hate 'em, I just cancel my pre-order.... :grin: 8)
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Pre-order At BBTS! (812563)
Posted by ponycorn on October 14th, 2008 @ 1:11pm CDT
This may be my next Masterpiece figure. Will be antsy now for pics.
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Pre-order At BBTS! (812564)
Posted by Autoclot on October 14th, 2008 @ 1:11pm CDT
1337W422102 wrote:I hope that, in a few years, they'll release him in G1 colours (as opposed to the more realistic colours of the Japanese release) as a store exclusive. :P

Joking aside, I do wonder if they'll go the full G1-route and give him a completely mechanical dino mode, or if they'll try and give him an organic looking form.
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Pre-order At BBTS! (812566)
Posted by Dead Metal on October 14th, 2008 @ 1:12pm CDT
Damn, I mean I want to buy that Afro-Megs, now this, damn.
I really need to win the lottery.
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Pre-order At BBTS! (812567)
Posted by Savage on October 14th, 2008 @ 1:13pm CDT
I'm not gonna preorder it just yet, though I'm fairly certain I will in a month or so. Grimlock was one of the MPs I really wanted to see, so I'm happy he's getting the treatment. Now if they'd just follow him up with Shockwave, I'd be in heaven.
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Pre-order At BBTS! (812584)
Posted by TFBuyer on October 14th, 2008 @ 1:37pm CDT
Iron Prime wrote:Yes. Yes it is.

Now go to the corner and think about what you've done.

Dang. Afraid of that... :-(
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Pre-order At BBTS! (812594)
Posted by Tigertrack on October 14th, 2008 @ 1:47pm CDT
TFBuyer wrote:
Iron Prime wrote:Yes. Yes it is.

Now go to the corner and think about what you've done.

Dang. Afraid of that... :-(

I think you might have to change your name to 'TFBuyer Sometimes'.

It will be nice when some pictures are leaked and it is indeed the best Grimlock possible! 8)
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock Pre-order At BBTS! (812601)
Posted by Gutter Bunny on October 14th, 2008 @ 1:58pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:

or the worst and will ruin the fandom forever :P

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Retro Reissue G1 Headmasters Highbrow (F1024)" on EBAY
Buy "Windcharger 100% Complete Legends Generations - Power of the Primes Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Attacktix Battle Figure Game Transformers Star Wars Optimus Prime Darth Vader" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: WRECK-GAR....COMPLETE!!" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class GRAX & Skullsmasher Headmaster" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Insecticons Bombshell-Shrapnel  & Kickback w Boxes & OG Bubbles" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SKRAPNEL legends Class Power of the Primes GENERATIONS  NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime (Robots In Disguise) Deluxe Arcee 2012" on EBAY