Masterpiece Movie MPM-08 Megatron found in Canadian retail

Transformers News: Masterpiece Movie MPM-08 Megatron found in Canadian retail

Friday, June 28th, 2019 10:35PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: notirishman   Views: 18,144

Thanks to Seibertronian Nathaniel Prime, we have word of Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-08 Megatron is out in Canada! The sighting comes from Pascal of Cybertron.ca, who found it in the Drummondville Toys "R" Us in Qu├ębec, Canada, for $229.99 CAD plus tax. In American dollars, this would be approximately $175.22, though Megatron in the US is slated for $160 USD. This is our first retail sighting of this Masterpiece anywhere in the world, so, this is exciting news for fans of the figure in Canada! Good uck hunting, and as for our non-Canadians, are you hoping the figure comes to retail near you soon? Are you excited for the figure? Tell us more in the forums below!

Transformers News: Masterpiece Movie MPM-08 Megatron found in Canadian retail
Credit(s): Pascal on Cybertron.ca, Nathaniel Prime
Re: Masterpiece Movie MPM-08 Megatron found in Canadian retail (2026655)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on June 28th, 2019 @ 11:36pm CDT
Oof, gonna wait on this one to go down in price I think.
Re: Masterpiece Movie MPM-08 Megatron found in Canadian retail (2026658)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 29th, 2019 @ 12:47am CDT
At FOKKING last! A MPM figure in Quebec!

However, I'm definitely waiting for a sale.
Re: Masterpiece Movie MPM-08 Megatron found in Canadian retail (2026671)
Posted by Emerje on June 29th, 2019 @ 6:35am CDT

I definitely can't think of another time that Canada was the first world wide to get an MP, especially nearly two months early.

Emerje
Re: Masterpiece Movie MPM-08 Megatron found in Canadian retail (2026725)
Posted by william-james88 on June 29th, 2019 @ 2:25pm CDT
Emerje wrote:This is a little nostalgic, though not in a great way. Back when TRU got all of the MP exclusives in the US they would regularly show up in Canada at TRU weeks ahead of the US TRU stores. TRU US would wait to launch them at SDCC and sold them at the Entertainment Earth booth and then they'd hit the stores some weeks later in August. It's basically the same thing here, showing up at TRU Canada first and then, well, the rest of the world in August after SDCC.

Emerje

I think we were first with Hasbro's Starscream release, though I havent looked it uo to be sure.
Re: Masterpiece Movie MPM-08 Megatron found in Canadian retail (2026800)
Posted by Emerje on June 29th, 2019 @ 10:00pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Emerje

Just a quick search, but I can confirm these MPs showing up in Canada ahead of their SDCC "exclusive" release and subsequent TRU US release: Bluestreak (SDCC 2015), G1 Bumblebee (SDCC 2016), MP-10 Optimus Prime reissue (SDCC 2017).

Emerje
Re: Masterpiece Movie MPM-08 Megatron found in Canadian retail (2026844)
Posted by Prowl4 on June 30th, 2019 @ 7:46am CDT
Re: Masterpiece Movie MPM-08 Megatron found in Canadian retail (2026845)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 30th, 2019 @ 7:52am CDT
Prowl4 wrote:So disappointing to see people say they're waiting on a sale for a brand new figure. Awful mindset imo.

I don't agree at all.
Because it's only an "awful mindset" if you have this attitude for a figure you truly want. But for kinda-wants or not-so-wants? Waiting for a sale it is. And if one miss out, too bad.

There are figures I buy early especially because I really want them and I don't want to miss out. But no one would buy everything just because it's new. Now THAT would be an awful insane mindset.
Re: Masterpiece Movie MPM-08 Megatron found in Canadian retail (2026848)
Posted by Prowl4 on June 30th, 2019 @ 7:57am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

I don't agree at all.

So if you don't want it or kind of want it why bother commenting in the thread?

It seems like a cheap mindset rather than a get it later because I'm not that interested mindset. That's how it reads.
Re: Masterpiece Movie MPM-08 Megatron found in Canadian retail (2026850)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 30th, 2019 @ 8:04am CDT
Prowl4 wrote:So if you don't want it or kind of want it why bother commenting in the thread?

So, you're only allowed to comment if you really, REALLY want the thing.

Re: Masterpiece Movie MPM-08 Megatron found in Canadian retail (2026851)
Posted by Prowl4 on June 30th, 2019 @ 8:17am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

So, you're only allowed to comment if you really, REALLY want the thing.

It'd be like me commenting in and arsenal football club thread. Pointless.
Re: Masterpiece Movie MPM-08 Megatron found in Canadian retail (2026853)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 30th, 2019 @ 9:11am CDT
Prowl4 wrote:It'd be like me commenting in and arsenal football club thread. Pointless.

You don't get it at all. There's a big difference between wants levels and just downright hating the thing. Like hit-n-running in bayformer thread just to say you hate bayformers (like a certain poster always do) for example.

Please stop being an extremist. There's more than black and white in this world.
Re: Masterpiece Movie MPM-08 Megatron found in Canadian retail (2026854)
Posted by Prowl4 on June 30th, 2019 @ 9:12am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Nah it's just being cheap. Nothing more, nothing less. >:oP
Re: Masterpiece Movie MPM-08 Megatron found in Canadian retail (2026856)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 30th, 2019 @ 9:21am CDT
Prowl4 wrote:Nah it's just being cheap. Nothing more, nothing less. >:oP

Now THAT is the weird mindset.
If you truly live by that principle, go buy this:
https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/det ... ku&lang=en

Wait. You won't? Are you "too cheap" to buy this? I did buy that. So why won't you?
Re: Masterpiece Movie MPM-08 Megatron found in Canadian retail (2026858)
Posted by Prowl4 on June 30th, 2019 @ 9:25am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:Nah it's just being cheap. Nothing more, nothing less. >:oP

Now THAT is the weird mindset.
If you truly live by that principle, go buy this:
https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/det ... ku&lang=en

Re: Masterpiece Movie MPM-08 Megatron found in Canadian retail (2026859)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 30th, 2019 @ 9:29am CDT
Prowl4 wrote:Maybe you're into anime but I am not, therefore I wouldn't comment in a thread about anime and say I'm waiting for it to go on sale. You're making this too easy.

I'm just saying that your attitude of "shut up unless you buy the thing at full price" is totally insane.

I'll leave this at that before I fall victim to the inevitable napalm bombing.
Re: Masterpiece Movie MPM-08 Megatron found in Canadian retail (2026861)
Posted by Prowl4 on June 30th, 2019 @ 9:34am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

I'll leave this at that before I fall victim to the inevitable napalm bombing.

It's totally logical to be perplexed by people allegedly wanting something but waiting for it to go on sale. As I said I don't understand such a cheap mentality but clearly you do which obviously irks you because I'm right.
Re: Masterpiece Movie MPM-08 Megatron found in Canadian retail (2026869)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on June 30th, 2019 @ 10:08am CDT
Re: Masterpiece Movie MPM-08 Megatron found in Canadian retail (2026875)
Posted by Prowl4 on June 30th, 2019 @ 10:18am CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote::roll: Look dude, sometimes people genuinely desire something but either can't financially justify dropping $200 or more on a single action figure or don't desire it to the degree that they're willing to spend that much. That's not the kind of money most of us can throw around lightly.

Understand what you're saying but I worked hard to get a job that gives me the finances to purchase these items. I just don't like the cheap mentality when people could either not comment at all as they're looking to devalue the product which makes companies cut corners to appeal to these people or for these people to put some ambition into improving their financial circumstances.
Re: Masterpiece Movie MPM-08 Megatron found in Canadian retail (2026878)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on June 30th, 2019 @ 10:33am CDT
Not. Everybody. Can. :-x It's not always possible for people to get a raise or a better paying job, no matter how hard they work or look. Like it or not, the fact that you were able to do so makes you lucky and privileged. Not everyone has that same fortune, and some people have bigger financial burdens relative to their earnings.
And it's one thing to call people cheap. But going as far as saying that their not wanting or not being able to justify spending the full price on a toy means they "must not really want it" is insane troll logic, and incredibly rude and jerkish to boot.
For my money, if they were really "devaluing the toys" they'd be saying the base price should be smaller to begin with. Not that they'll wait for a temporary reduction.

Good day, sir.
Re: Masterpiece Movie MPM-08 Megatron found in Canadian retail (2026880)
Posted by Prowl4 on June 30th, 2019 @ 10:35am CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Not. Everybody. Can.

Good day, sir.

Ambition goes a long way.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Posted: Sunday, November 10th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Arctic Boulder" on EBAY
Buy "Loose Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Impactor figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-23 Wheeljack MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee First Edition 100% Complete Deluxe Prime Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Fall Of Cybertron Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TCG Card Game Wave 4 (Siege 2) SRT General Optimus Prime With Cards" on EBAY
Buy "SLAPPYHAPPY Transformers BotBots Series 1 Backpack Bunch 2019 Slappy Happy Ruler" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Mighty Mugg from 2009 SDCC" on EBAY