Masterpiece MP-08x King Grimlock!

Transformers News: Masterpiece MP-08x King Grimlock!

Thursday, July 23rd, 2009 11:35am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 16,863

Masterpiece MP-08 Grimlock will have a soon to be variant, as Takara Tomy is set to re-release the figure under the name Masterpiece MP-08x King Grimlock!, that will come with his Golden crown but will not include the apron, necktie, tray, glasses, or transfer device.

You can check the original image at TFormers, or you can see it mirrored here.

If you already have a Masterpiece Grimlock, and don't wish to cash in on this just for the crown, then remember that third party I Gear has their Masterpiece Grimlock Upgrade Kit! You can check that out here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for your latest Tranformers news and updates!

Credit(s): Real Devastator, tformers.com

This article was last modified on Thursday, July 23rd, 2009 1:33pm CDT

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Masterpiece MP-08x King Grimlock! (960253)
Posted by WolfDawg on July 23rd, 2009 @ 11:42am CDT
Great, the JPN market gets MORE of this MP Grimlock while everyone else has to sit back and cast hopeful wishes that Hasbro will eventually get the mold.
Re: Masterpiece MP-08x King Grimlock! (960255)
Posted by DMSL on July 23rd, 2009 @ 11:44am CDT
MP Grimlock, i bought it felt screwed over when i got it. I was expecting it to be the size of MP Prime, but the figure is way small, MP Starscream is bigger. Rip-off.
Re: Masterpiece MP-08x King Grimlock! (960257)
Posted by Mach on July 23rd, 2009 @ 11:51am CDT
Oh btw, take note of new package box for MP8x.... Nice G1 cartoon King Grimlock....
Me Grimlock No Bozo, Me King!
Re: Masterpiece MP-08x King Grimlock! (960259)
Posted by Powersa on July 23rd, 2009 @ 11:55am CDT
me like
Re: Masterpiece MP-08x King Grimlock! (960268)
Posted by decepticon legion on July 23rd, 2009 @ 12:08pm CDT
Re: Masterpiece MP-08x King Grimlock! (960274)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 23rd, 2009 @ 12:33pm CDT

IT'S NEVER BEEN MORE TRUE
Re: Masterpiece MP-08x King Grimlock! (960283)
Posted by capellamusic on July 23rd, 2009 @ 12:53pm CDT
I wonder if this is going to cost the same as the first MP-8 Grimlock which came without the crown. If it costs the same (or even worse - less) then this is bad business and dishonest to those like me that bought the first version. Are they making fools of everyone who buys their products when they are released for the first time? I really dislike this kind of pratices. If MP-8x is the same price as MP-8, then everyone owning MP-8 should get a free crown. If MP-8x costs a bit more then it's not so bad.

This just pisses me off for what I said right now, not for the crown on its own. I really don't care too much about the crown. It's just that I feel this is them "playing" with first release buyers and that isn't very nice.

That reminds me of ROTF Leader Optimus Prime and the announced "Buster" improved version. But at least it has price differences.
Re: Masterpiece MP-08x King Grimlock! (960288)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 23rd, 2009 @ 1:01pm CDT

Wow I do like that box and all but when is it going to be released?
Re: Masterpiece MP-08x King Grimlock! (960290)
Posted by UltraPrimal on July 23rd, 2009 @ 1:04pm CDT
Damn it! Why didn't they include the crown in the first place. It was in the prototype images.
Re: Masterpiece MP-08x King Grimlock! (960301)
Posted by OPTIMUS MAGNUS on July 23rd, 2009 @ 1:24pm CDT
That looks sweet. Love the packaging. Glad I held out...I have to pick this one up for sure.
Re: Masterpiece MP-08x King Grimlock! (960303)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on July 23rd, 2009 @ 1:28pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:Dudes calm down, this new release only comes with his, gun sword and crown meaning that the apron, tray, glasses and transferer thingy are not included!

Wow I do like that box and all but when is it going to be released?

If this is true, then it would make me feel better. Right now I feel like a dang fool for buying the first release of Grimlock. And Pre-ordering his crown. Hopefully iGear will still make it and not back off just because of this variant.

And I second the sentiment of HasTak making fools of people who buy the first releases. And I thought the pointless repaints were bad ...
Re: Masterpiece MP-08x King Grimlock! (960312)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 23rd, 2009 @ 1:37pm CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:

Wow I do like that box and all but when is it going to be released?

Yes TFormers said so in the original article, I updated the news article to ease the shitstorm.
Re: Masterpiece MP-08x King Grimlock! (960319)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on July 23rd, 2009 @ 2:01pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:

Wow I do like that box and all but when is it going to be released?

ah. Good. Even if the crown's unofficial, I'd rather have *all* the accessories.

I still really dislike this practise. It's like those rediculous special edition DVDs that come out after everyone has already bought one.
Re: Masterpiece MP-08x King Grimlock! (960320)
Posted by Kibble on July 23rd, 2009 @ 2:06pm CDT
I agree that this is bad form...these figures are too expensive to just buy another one because you like the packaging and/or accessories better. At least put them out at the same time so people can choose which version they want. This particular instance doesn't bother me too much because I can live without the crown (though I would take that over the lame apron set had I the choice,) but had it been something I really cared about I'd be pretty pissed right now because there's no way I'd dish out another 150+ for an accessory. It was a bit of a self-debate on whether to dish out that much for the figure in the first place...
Re: Masterpiece MP-08x King Grimlock! (960322)
Posted by skywarp-2 on July 23rd, 2009 @ 2:11pm CDT
decepticon legion wrote:Good for me as I haven't bought him yet, but bad for others, who have already obtained him. The new packaging looks great, a must buy for me!

Ditto
Re: Masterpiece MP-08x King Grimlock! (960338)
Posted by rpetras on July 23rd, 2009 @ 2:36pm CDT
Personally I don't care about the crown, tray, apron or brain thingy. If I had to choose, I'd pick the crown over the others, but I don't really care.

I just need the bot and the weapons.

I like the comic packaging, but I prefer the regular MP look to that, as I have all the MP boxes together.

This is a total skip for me.
Re: Masterpiece MP-08x King Grimlock! (960346)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on July 23rd, 2009 @ 2:51pm CDT
Re: Masterpiece MP-08x King Grimlock! (960356)
Posted by DevastaTTor on July 23rd, 2009 @ 3:02pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Image

IT'S NEVER BEEN MORE TRUE

CP, thank you for making me LOL about this.
Re: Masterpiece MP-08x King Grimlock! (960404)
Posted by Kibble on July 23rd, 2009 @ 4:22pm CDT
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:I love how lately this fandom thinks that all companies are out there just to pull a fast one on them. Did anyone get this bent out of shape when Energon switched packaging in the middle of the line? Bad business practice, my ass. The first one sold out, so they are making another run(nothing new in terms of MPs). They change the packaging and accessories to entice the people that didn't get it the first time and to get some 2nd buyers. How is that dishonest? Did Takara/Tomy say they'd never reissue MP Grimlock again? Did they say they'd only make it exactly the same?

Who said anything about it being dishonest? It does, however, put a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths that they miss out because they were part of the reason the figure sold well enough TakTom finds it worthwhile to do another run!
Re: Masterpiece MP-08x King Grimlock! (960434)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on July 23rd, 2009 @ 5:33pm CDT
The crown would be nice.. I have him already and enjoy the fig. NO big loss for me.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #245 - On a Boat
"On a Boat"
Posted: Saturday, April 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Energize Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro TRANSFORMERS Playskool Heroes RESCUE BOTS Mini-Cons SEQUOIA Mini-Bots" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Heatwave The Fire -Bot 10” w/Lights & Sounds!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Bone Crusher Bonecrusher 33 Voyager Class Complete " on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2012 Destro Exclusive G.I. Joe Transformers Crossover File Card" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Logo in Spade Pip Single Swap Playing Card  Ace of Spades" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations FOC Fall Cybertron Deluxe Vortex (Bruticus) 100% Comp" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Studio Series 40 (Bumblebee Movie) Deluxe Class Shatter MISB" on EBAY