Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images

Transformers News: Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images

Wednesday, June 12th, 2013 6:16AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 15,857

Thanks to site sponsor Kapow! Toys we have a look at the third use of the MP-17 mold, in the guise of MP-19 Smokescreen. The images, mirrored below for those of you without Facebook access, show the figure by itself and next to other MP figures for comparison, including MP-10, 17 and 18.

MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images

MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images

MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images

MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images

MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images

MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images

MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images

MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images

MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images

MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images
Credit(s): Kapow! Toys

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images (1494582)
Posted by DevastaTTor on June 12th, 2013 @ 6:31am CDT
Man, they're not messing around when it comes to cartoon accuracy! The head may be a little too accurate but overall, this a great looking remold/repaint of the mold. Keeping my preorder for sure.
Re: Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images (1494586)
Posted by hinomars19 on June 12th, 2013 @ 6:51am CDT
Man this guy is mean! :shock:
Yes, please and thank you!
Re: Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images (1494589)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on June 12th, 2013 @ 7:12am CDT
I'd long forgotten how Smokescreen looked like in the G1 cartoons, and now that I've got a good look at the Masterpiece toy, I don't think I like his design at all. The shoulder cannons are dinky, and his head looks weird.

I absolutely love his alt mode, though.
Re: Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images (1494591)
Posted by AutoBorst on June 12th, 2013 @ 7:23am CDT
Wow, that looks really great. But I'm still sticking to Prowl, I'm not going to get sucked into buying multiple repaints like I did with their Seekers mold.
Re: Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images (1494596)
Posted by Ravage XK on June 12th, 2013 @ 7:48am CDT
A few days ago I posted that I wasn't buying multiples of the same mold. I am now a liar. Prowl and Smokescreen will now both be mine.
Re: Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images (1494601)
Posted by Cyberpath on June 12th, 2013 @ 8:11am CDT
Yes! This looks great. And my MP-10 will finally have some Autobot cars.
Re: Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images (1494611)
Posted by mooncake623 on June 12th, 2013 @ 8:34am CDT
ZOMG!!! getting 2. and they're both already paid for!
Re: Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images (1494617)
Posted by Eagleblaster on June 12th, 2013 @ 8:48am CDT
Man this is becoming a hard choice whether to get Smokescreen or Prowl. Leaning towards Smoke cause I already got a cop car being Human Alliance Baricade. I have no Smokescreen at all but this Mp-19 robot mode looks kind of funny and that front air duct thing in car mode takes away from the overall realness of the Nissan vehicle.
Re: Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images (1494624)
Posted by Rated X on June 12th, 2013 @ 9:24am CDT
Re: Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images (1494646)
Posted by Eagleblaster on June 12th, 2013 @ 10:24am CDT
Ok, here is the scoop. Smokescreen and Prowl both look good. They look like to different toys in car mode. I could just picture displaying mp Lambo, mp Prowl and mp Smokescreen in car modes side by side to each other in that order* Awesome *. Smokescreen's robot mode is lacking a little but as a transformers fan or collector you Have to Have that vintage race car cause its truely one of a kind and might even stay one of a kind forever.

Congrads to Takara for making me have to make this decision to avoid any toy stress, lol. So its official. This will be the first time I'm buying two figures from the same mold. Mp Smokescreen and mp Prowl... :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

Only the best of the best over here.
Re: Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images (1494679)
Posted by Cyberpath on June 12th, 2013 @ 12:15pm CDT

Yeah!
Re: Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images (1494680)
Posted by jamarmiller on June 12th, 2013 @ 12:18pm CDT
when will amazon japan get their pre-order up !!! the wait is killing me LOL
Re: Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images (1494697)
Posted by TimothyR on June 12th, 2013 @ 1:10pm CDT

Not getting prowl because you have barricade is probably the strangest reason I've ever heard.

I don't quite understand the "I'm only going to buy one of this mold" mentality. G1 was built on repaints.

Anyways. Smokescreen looks perfect, I love the head. Each head give each character it's own personality, it's fantastic.
Re: Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images (1494706)
Posted by DetoxRetox on June 12th, 2013 @ 2:11pm CDT
I think he's wonderful! He may be my favorite of the three! :x
Re: Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images (1494728)
Posted by MGrotusque on June 12th, 2013 @ 3:01pm CDT
Rated X wrote:He looks great but the figure scales horrible with MP Prime. He almost looks like a mini-bot standing face to face with Prime’s groin area. MP scale has become a joke, as they seem to be focus more on the vehicles scale with each other rather than the robots. Seems stupid if you’re shooting for cartoon accuracy. Ill stick with classics.

I believe "horrible" is a little strong of a word. Your exaggerating.
Re: Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images (1494740)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 12th, 2013 @ 4:51pm CDT
MGrotusque wrote:

I believe "horrible" is a little strong of a word. Your exaggerating.
It's X, what'd ya expect? :P

Anyway, this is why Smokescreen's that tall with Prime:

Second-to-bottom row, third character from the left is Smokescreen.

If anything, the MP toy is even taller than how Smokescreen's official scale in the cartoon was, since the cartoon model's head and guns came up to Prime's waist, while the toy's head and guns go above Prime's waist.

Re: Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images (1494748)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on June 12th, 2013 @ 5:14pm CDT
...well crap, I think I need to get Smokescreen now. Time to update that preorder.
Re: Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images (1494753)
Posted by Son of Carl on June 12th, 2013 @ 5:30pm CDT
TimothyR wrote:Man, I don't know how some of you guys can just get one of these, they look incredible together.

I can understand financial reasons, but beyond that, I agree with you. I think all these figures look great together, and different enough from each other that the fact that they share a base mold isn't overwhelmingly obvious. I will be buying every pre-movie MP that they release, especially if it's Reflector. I have my vintage collection, but this is the only new Transformers line that I collect(though I do have a few TFP figures). Masterpiece is actually the line that got me back into collecting Transformers, and now after so many years of waiting, it's finally becoming the line that I was hoping it would be way back then.
Re: Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images (1494764)
Posted by Stormrider on June 12th, 2013 @ 6:20pm CDT

I hear what you are saying Rated X, it does seem that way, but the designers did say that they were trying very hard to make both the robot and alt modes in scale with the cartoons.

At first, I did not like the results. But now, I have gotten used it and appreciate the size difference more and more. Let's face it, Prime's a truck, his bot mode should tower over his fellow Autobots who transform into cars. I like the fact that Prime is much bigger than Sideswipe.

I have been getting into the IDW comics, so maybe my perspective has gotten skewed, but I think Cyberpath's comparison below is spot on.

Cyberpath wrote:

Yeah!
Re: Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen In-Hand Images (1494783)
Posted by Wh33l Jck on June 12th, 2013 @ 7:52pm CDT
I'm trying to limit myself to MTMTE pilot characters, this is going to be tough.

He looks so cartoon accurate in robot mode!

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers DOTM Human Alliance Roadbuster    (box A1) - Time Remaining: 8 days 2 hours 47 minutes 56 seconds
TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS MASTERPIECE MOVIE SERIES MPM-03 BUMBLEBEE FIGURE MISB - Time Remaining: 1 day 6 hours 50 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx (not titans return - Time Remaining: 4 days 17 hours 51 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Generations PLATINUM EDITION OPTIMUS PRIMAL - MISB - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 56 minutes 7 seconds
1986 Transformers / Generation 1 _ Deluxe Car _ Kup - Time Remaining: 14 days 13 hours 55 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers Generation One Autobot Hoist Mib Box - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 21 seconds
2015 SDCC Exclusive Hasbro Transformers Combiner Wars Devastator DAMAGE BOX NIB - Time Remaining: 4 days 9 hours 1 minute 19 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Playskool Rescue Bots Bumblebee's Garage playset HTF - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 8 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent