Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Stop Motion Promo Video From TakaraTomy

Transformers News: Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Stop Motion Promo Video From TakaraTomy

Friday, December 26th, 2014 3:44AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Company News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 57,058

Seibertron.com board member Cyberpath linked us to the TakaraTomy YouTube channel which features a stop-motion animated video of MP-22 Ultra Magnus! It shares the complex transformation, plus the features of it and how it can interact with the other cars, as well as a quickie Optimus scale comparison. The very recently released Bumble is sharing the limelight with newcomer Magnus, as well as the car molds that came before them. Prowl to Wheeljack, along with Sideswipe and every use of the Datsun mold in between! TakaraTomy takes us back to a time of amazing stop motion videos with this new entry on their channel and it's an amazing sales pitch to get you to buy all the figures!

You can see the roughly 2.5 minute video by clicking the embed below:

Cyberpath wrote:Promotional stop-motion video from Takara:

Credit(s): TakaraTomy, Cyberpath

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Stop Motion Promo Video From TakaraTomy (1633158)
Posted by frogbat on December 26th, 2014 @ 5:33am CST
time for a stop motion mp series :D

not enough decepticons but that was always a prob even in g1 (always thought the decepticons' air superiority and strength made up for the lack of numbers)
Re: Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Stop Motion Promo Video From TakaraTomy (1633165)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 26th, 2014 @ 6:16am CST
Cyberpath wrote:Promotional stop-motion video from Takara:

So the drama :x :BOWDOWN:
Re: Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Stop Motion Promo Video From TakaraTomy (1633172)
Posted by Cyberpath on December 26th, 2014 @ 6:45am CST
Shipped.

Transformation looks amazing! The stop-motion makes it seem almost effortless.

And the way that the wheels morph, very reminiscent of hand-drawn animation where parts could change size and colour during transformation.

Evasion-mode Optimus Prime might have some company in the Kobayashi Hall of Fame. :)

frogbat wrote:time for a stop motion mp series :D
I came across these brilliant stop-motion gifs by OptimusTimelord. They were tailored after scenes from MTMT and look like they were taken straight out of the cartoon! [1] [2] [3] [4]
Re: Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Stop Motion Promo Video From TakaraTomy (1633185)
Posted by noctorro on December 26th, 2014 @ 8:01am CST
Normally I dislike stop motion, but this was done totally awesome!

Wasn't planning on getting Ultra Magnus, but now... Damnit Takara, now I want him!
If I also get Bluestreak I'll have that whole cast :s
Wallet, problems.
Re: Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Stop Motion Promo Video From TakaraTomy (1633198)
Posted by Black Hat on December 26th, 2014 @ 10:06am CST
Well, now I want to start a Masterpiece collection.
Re: Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Stop Motion Promo Video From TakaraTomy (1633200)
Posted by Va'al on December 26th, 2014 @ 10:17am CST
Delta Magnus wrote:Well, now I want to start a Masterpiece collection.

They look very good together, don't they..? :x
Re: Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Stop Motion Promo Video From TakaraTomy (1633202)
Posted by Black Hat on December 26th, 2014 @ 10:27am CST
Eyup. Not sure what I want to make my next MP purchase (not counting add-ons like the Rambo kit, which I intend to get for my MP Dreddswipe). Thinking MP Starscream, or even the old MP-03 mold version in the Hasbro colourscheme (as I've heard they're more solid, and also I like the look a bit better).

Also, MP Devastator when?
Re: Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Stop Motion Promo Video From TakaraTomy (1633210)
Posted by durroth on December 26th, 2014 @ 11:07am CST
shajaki wrote:
durroth wrote:still trying to decide if I want to buy the MP-10 rerelease and hold off till march on buying this
tough choice... how long before you can afford the second choice? UM has a lot hype, but the MP10 reissue hasnt "flown" off the shelves like i thought it would.

I can afford either, but I also have alot of other things I want to get post x-mas so I don't wanna buy both, and while MP-10 hasn't "flown" with the reissue, MP-10 is one of the few MPs to actually BE hard to find for around the same price... what are the odds UM will sell out in 3 months?
Re: Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Stop Motion Promo Video From TakaraTomy (1633255)
Posted by shajaki on December 26th, 2014 @ 1:59pm CST
durroth wrote:
shajaki wrote:
major retailers like BBTS or TFsource, will probably sell out in a few months. everyone else a little while after. worst case is you might have to ebay him for a slight markup. but thats worst case. if it were me, id go for prime first.
Re: Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Stop Motion Promo Video From TakaraTomy (1633265)
Posted by durroth on December 26th, 2014 @ 2:59pm CST
And of course, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if hasbro releases this figure considering how much people are loving it.
Re: Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Stop Motion Promo Video From TakaraTomy (1633336)
Posted by Cobotron on December 26th, 2014 @ 11:39pm CST
Wow! That stop action is amazing, but not as amazing as this one...

:lol:
Re: Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Stop Motion Promo Video From TakaraTomy (1633350)
Posted by frogbat on December 27th, 2014 @ 2:42am CST
The stop motions are all cool... things have come in leaps and bounds though it probably has to do with how intricate the modern transformations are and video apps that make it a bit easier than it used to be in the day.

Cobotron wrote:Wow! That stop action is amazing, but not as amazing as this one...

:lol:

That ad is awesome....
Transformers came a bit late to where I am so I ended up skipping the original leaders and had the "city commanders" instead.

Re getting mp-10 or not... I was in the same boat. I already had MP1 and saw mp10 as pointless. I even went off MP collecting for a bit. The new releases such as smokescreen and wheeljack made me start collecting them again. Got mp10 because of the scale and also cos the only prime i ever had with a trailer was powermaster prime. But I must admit that he is a good if expensive purchase. Also, wanted to get him before magnus cos I knew I wouldn't have been able to afford them back to back.

You might be lucky and find him available in sales etc. Toys r us uk have the platinum edition listed for £80 for example
Re: Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Stop Motion Promo Video From TakaraTomy (1633353)
Posted by Cyberpath on December 27th, 2014 @ 4:23am CST
A bunch of people already have Magnus in hand. Check it out:
(From: Uranus, Mr Elljay, and Alfes.)

Re: Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Stop Motion Promo Video From TakaraTomy (1633356)
Posted by frogbat on December 27th, 2014 @ 5:32am CST
now i want rodimus :(
Re: Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Stop Motion Promo Video From TakaraTomy (1633366)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 27th, 2014 @ 7:39am CST
He's shorter than MP-2?! :shock: :???: :-(
Re: Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Stop Motion Promo Video From TakaraTomy (1633413)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on December 27th, 2014 @ 12:58pm CST
Greetings, I came across this posted review and I'm just not sure myself...but see for yourself. :VEHI:

Re: Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Stop Motion Promo Video From TakaraTomy (1633414)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on December 27th, 2014 @ 12:59pm CST
Re: Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Stop Motion Promo Video From TakaraTomy (1633437)
Posted by Agamemnon on December 27th, 2014 @ 3:56pm CST
Nemesis Destron wrote:Sorry for that last post. :VEHI:

No problem. If you want to use the YouTube tags, just use the part of the URL after v=. If you quote this message you can see what I did. :D

Thanks for the review! Every review increases my desire for this thing!!!
Re: Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Stop Motion Promo Video From TakaraTomy (1633474)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on December 27th, 2014 @ 8:59pm CST
Agamemnon wrote:
Nemesis Destron wrote:Sorry for that last post. :VEHI:

Thanks for the review! Every review increases my desire for this thing!!!

Thanks for the tip Agamemnon! :VEHI:
Re: Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Stop Motion Promo Video From TakaraTomy (1633634)
Posted by durroth on December 28th, 2014 @ 4:20pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:He's shorter than MP-2?! :shock: :???: :-(

I think it's partially that MP-2 has a giant head compared to the newer scale MPs and the balljoint is set higher than UM's weird MP neck. (seriously don't get why they chose the neck they've gone with on the newer MPs over a balljoint) He's only *barely* shorter at the top of the headcrest and if you include the antennae he's definitely the same size or slightly taller. Their chests are more or less even too and the new Umags definitely looks more MASSIVE than his "predecessor."

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #222 - The Real Ghostbusters
"The Real Ghostbusters"
Posted: Sunday, May 12th, 2019

Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Crash Combiner Skyhammer" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS IDW THRILLING 30TH DELUXE ARMADA STARSCREAM New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Wheeljack RID Deluxe Class Series 1 #003 + DVD 2012 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE WARRIORS CLASS STORMSHOT ACTION FIGURE - NEW" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE RID ANIMATED PROWL LEGENDS CLASS NEW SEALED!" on EBAY
Buy "PROWL TRANSFORMERS RID Complete  2001" on EBAY
Buy "Skywarp Cybertron Cyber Key d02r RID Universe Transformers Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS WAR FOR CYBERTRON SIEGE Starscream & Soundwave ••NEW••" on EBAY