Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Pre-order Roundup

Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Pre-order Roundup

Wednesday, November 9th, 2016 11:24am CST

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 25,197

Ever since he was announced, people have eagerly been waiting for the pre-orders for the new 2.0 version of Masterpiece Megatron. Well, wait no more!

Several of our sponsors as well as fans have sent us many pre-order links for this upcoming Masterpiece. Here is the list from which you can pre-order this new figure:

-Big Bad Toy Store - $229.99
-TFSource - $229.99
-The Chosen Prime - $229.99
-Ages 3 and Up - $229.95

Also, we have an important notice to give about this figure. This description was included in the Big Bad Toy Store listing:
"The orange barrel plug is custom molded to meet the specifications of Megatron's barrel and cast in high quality ABS plastic. Only the rounded tip of the plug will be visible because the shaft of the plug will be inserted into the Megatron barrel and attached with adhesive. The adhesive will be applied within the barrel at a depth of around 1/2", and will not be applied to the face of the barrel. The plug extends only 1/4" (6mm) from the end of the barrel to the end of the rounded tip. The plug is under 3/4" (17mm) wide and fits perfectly with the end of the Megatron barrel.

WARNING: The MP-36 Megatron is an adult collectible toy and should not be used by children. Caution should be exercised when using this toy, and Megatron should never be used in a situation where it could be confused for a real weapon. Do not remove the blaze orange safety plug affixed to Megatron's barrel.

Due to United States Toy / Imitation Gun Laws, it is illegal for any business or individual to import the MP-36 Megatron because it does not have a blaze orange safety tip on the end of barrel. A copy of this law is listed at the end of this description. In order for BBTS to legally import this item, Megatron must be modified with ablaze orange safety tip at the end of the barrel. This orange tip is a custom made plastic plug that is attached to the end of the barrel. The tip will add between 1/4 and 1/2 inch in length to the end of the barrel and will not hinder the transformation between gun and robot.

Without this orange tip modification, US Customs may seize any incoming shipments for this item that they discover because it does not comply with US Laws, so we are providing a legal and risk-free solution to that problem.

This modification requires that all boxes will be opened, and the contents removed for modification. The factory tape seal will be cut, and some internal plastic packaging may be modified or cut. Collector's Grade packaging will not be available due to these modifications, and the normal Standard Grade description will not apply because the tape seals have been broken. We realize these modifications will slightly change the appearance of the toy, but we also realize that giving you a legal way to own this toy is much better than not owning it at all, or running the risk of US Customs seizing the item.

This is an aftermarket modification that does not involve Takara whatsoever; we initiated this modification to bring you an importable collectible. We will work to provide the highest quality plug addition that we can, but because this is not part of the original manufacturing process, it will not be perfect. This modification is done at no expense to you, we are paying all costs associated with this and passing nothing on to you other than the ultimate legal Megatron collectible."

So now that you have all the information, go out and Pre-order this latest Masterpiece big bad!

Credit(s): Big Bad Toy Store, TFsource, Ages 3 and up, The Chosen Prime

Re: Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Pre-order Roundup (1839964)
Posted by william-james88 on November 9th, 2016 @ 12:50pm CST
Emerje wrote:
william-james88 wrote:If it is illegal, its illegal for a US corporation to import it and distribute it (like BBTS), not an individual. The japanese stores are not under US law and thus their distribution to us does not apply. The problem here is that its a US company acting as a secondary seller. You avoid that when you import.

Unfortunately HLJ DOES plug their toy guns. Both my MP Megatron and Encore Megatron had orange plugs on them. The MP had a rubber plug that popped right out, but the Encore had a hard plastic cap that was glued in. I don't know if they did it for the Chronicles 2-pack with DotM Megatron or not. It doesn't seem like AmiAmi or Hobby Search used plugs on their releases.

Emerje

Interesting, I dont use HLJ, since I usually find their prices higher than others (and I accumulate points elsehwere). I boght my reissue from the Jungle and it came without the orange tip. And I am also curious about the chronicles 2 pack. Did the ones bought through US dealers have the orange tip? Because that would be very telling as to what is "illegal" in the US.
Re: Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Pre-order Roundup (1839998)
Posted by gothsaurus on November 9th, 2016 @ 3:38pm CST
I'm curious for an official statement from each retailer above. If one noted rubber insert, I'd choose them over one that was glued in.
Re: Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Pre-order Roundup (1839999)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on November 9th, 2016 @ 3:46pm CST
Re: Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Pre-order Roundup (1840044)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 9th, 2016 @ 5:12pm CST
Decepticon Stryker wrote:Yesterday I had a great idea. With a small amount of retooling (ex.:new head,remove the gun barrel, and a recolor), this would make a great Browning. Actually, it would be the best Masterpiece figure where scale is concerned, since the figure's size is also around Browning's size.

That would be way cooler, and would be a great way to get more use out of the mold ;)^
Re: Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Pre-order Roundup (1840063)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on November 9th, 2016 @ 7:45pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Plus it'd be the character's first figure.
Re: Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Pre-order Roundup (1840066)
Posted by Fox Thiagarajan on November 9th, 2016 @ 8:19pm CST
Does anyone have any experience in removing an orange barrel plug? I can def live with it, but if there is some tried and true method to remove the plug I would appreciate any insight. :-? :BOWDOWN:
Re: Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Pre-order Roundup (1840068)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on November 9th, 2016 @ 8:39pm CST
Decepticon Stryker wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Plus it'd be the character's first figure.

Second, actually:

D-308 Browning

That said, he'd require a complete reshell. Megatron is a Walther P38, while Browning is an FN Model M1910, imported by the Browning Arms Company (hence the name).

If anything we'll get yet another Megaplex or Black Megatron, instead. :lol:
Re: Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Pre-order Roundup (1840071)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 9th, 2016 @ 8:48pm CST
Re: Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Pre-order Roundup (1840072)
Posted by nycPrime on November 9th, 2016 @ 8:50pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:The domestic pre-order price is way to high for me, especially with the orange plug. I'll definitively look into other means.

Fully agree. I think most of us here will be looking at importing it through one of the Japanese stores. Someone remind me again if those stores will be inserting an orange plug? And if not, and US Customs discover it, what happens?
Re: Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Pre-order Roundup (1840078)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 9th, 2016 @ 9:46pm CST
nycPrime wrote:

The disclaimer quite clearly states that if customs finds one without a plug, you're likely not getting it...
Re: Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Pre-order Roundup (1840088)
Posted by Regimus Prime on November 9th, 2016 @ 11:24pm CST
I was able to get my pre-order completed on BBTS today. I'm really looking forward to this one after the abomination that was MP-5. My Apollyon was a decent substitute (minus the weak ball joints at the shoulder hinge that constantly allow the arms to pop off). Once I receive MP-36 Apollyon is Ebay fodder. :CON:
Re: Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Pre-order Roundup (1840097)
Posted by Cyberpath on November 10th, 2016 @ 3:13am CST
Re: Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Pre-order Roundup (1840100)
Posted by Cyberpath on November 10th, 2016 @ 3:55am CST

This has to be the best Megatron head and face-sculpt yet, official/unofficial.

I guess they couldn't make his barrel sit properly on his back though. :-?

Also, cool, the markings on his chest are translucent, too. Like the blinking lights of one of his communication devices.

Kind of impressive how Megatron and "battle damaged" Megatron are one and the same figure.

Re: Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Pre-order Roundup (1840105)
Posted by Va'al on November 10th, 2016 @ 5:48am CST
Fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath has shared with us a new batch of stock images of the recently revealed Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron, featuring a number of new looks at the second version of the Decepticon / Destron leader! Via Loopaza Toy Store, we have another comparison with MP-10 Optimus Prime, a look at the accessories (including faces, Key to Vector Sigma, weapons, and the mind control helmet), shots in gun mode and with the scope cannon mode, and more - check them all out mirrored below!

Re: Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Pre-order Roundup (1840106)
Posted by SunbowTransformersG1 on November 10th, 2016 @ 5:59am CST
I was waiting for a perfect Megatron 2.0, Takaratomy made it.
It looks just like Megatron in Sunbow The Transformers G1 cartoon.
It comes so to see with all the accessories of the famous Megatron/Optimus Prime battles in the Sunbow The Transformers G1 cartoon/movie. I hope they including his hand circle saw blade from the Sunbow The Transformers G1 Season 1 cartoon.

Now an MP-10 3.0 Optimus Prime where the waist/upperlegs colors are white, the symbols on the waist are medium yellow not translucent, the lower legs are total blue and the Wheels fold inside the lower legs, full hand articulation, led Light in his eyes/chesl to Light up matrix.

Now an MP-22 Ultra Magnus 2.0 where the waist can swivel, and the was flap can be fold on his back of the torso, full hand articulation.

Now an MP-27 Ironhide/MP-30 Ratchet 2.0 where the back wheels fold in the waist with an foldable plate over it, full hand articulation.

Now an MP-21 Bumblebee 2.0 where the underarms have an foldable plate to cover the hole in it, full hand articulation.

Now an MP-15 Rumble/MP-16 Frenzy with full hand articulation.

I known you Takaratomy engineers can do this, now do so.
Re: Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Pre-order Roundup (1840107)
Posted by Sir Soundwave42 on November 10th, 2016 @ 6:00am CST
I love how all the latest MP figures look like they fell out of an episode from the cartoon
Re: Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Pre-order Roundup (1840113)
Posted by CdogCdog4 on November 10th, 2016 @ 8:01am CST
This is the Megatron I been waiting for! I picked up Apollyon last year but when Maketoys announced their awesome version, as well as DX9 had a great likeness too, I said nah I think I'll hold to see if TakaraTomy actually comes through. Especially considering I've been with Masterpiece since MP-01 Convoy and I DID miss out on MP-05 (as well as MP-11 being 2 of the 3 masterpiece molds I missed out on so I preordered both of them instantly)
Re: Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Pre-order Roundup (1840114)
Posted by galvatron00 on November 10th, 2016 @ 8:02am CST
Dang it. Why does the Yen have to be so strong right now?!
Re: Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Pre-order Roundup (1840115)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on November 10th, 2016 @ 8:04am CST
CdogCdog4 wrote:This is the Megatron I been waiting for! I picked up Apollyon last year but when Maketoys announced their awesome version, as well as DX9 had a great likeness too, I said nah I think I'll hold to see if TakaraTomy actually comes through. Especially considering I've been with Masterpiece since MP-01 Convoy and I DID miss out on MP-05 (as well as MP-11 so I preordered both instantly)

im getting mightron
this one is too expensive.
i like it but not 230 expensive
they always come through some people just dont see that.
Rich S. ;) :-P
Re: Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Pre-order Roundup (1840116)
Posted by galvatron00 on November 10th, 2016 @ 8:20am CST
Bumblebee21 wrote:im getting mightron
I fully support that purchase Bumblebee21. $130 is easier than $230 all day erryday. I guess I'm in the minority but I've set a limit per figure for myself to $200, and the closest I've been is SDCC Fort Max at $190 shipped. I actually try to stay $150 or less, MP22 was $170 shipped when I got him.

So, for me, $230 is too much. $170? Maybe, but I would reaaaaaaaaaally have to convince myself I needed him more than my Apollyon or one of the others available. I'm aware he's the official, but the line is blurring for me in my old age.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed #2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream - deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation 1 3-D Jigsaw Stand Up Puzzle Warren Ultra Magnus 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS THRILLING 30 FALL OF CYBERTRON SKYWARP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager Class - Decepticon Sandstorm" on EBAY