Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 English Sound Clips Likely Included

Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 English Sound Clips Likely Included

Friday, August 30th, 2019 3:48am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 30,359

Perusing Facebook this evening, this news crew member came across a link to a YouTube video that contains some VERY interesting and unexpected news. From its announcement, Masterpiece Optimus Prime 3.0 was only ever confirmed to have voice clips, newly recorded, from his original Japanese voice actor, Tesshō Genda. However, this recently posted video, from YouTube channel ThreeStar Star, demonstrates that not only does he include clips from Transformers voice acting legend Peter Cullen, but he also includes.... well, watch the video and find out!

While the inclusion of English voice and sound clips hasn't been officially confirmed, it certainly looks as though they'll be part of the figure. We'll likely find out soon, as MP-44 is set to be released in Japan on Saturday.

What do you think, Seibertronians? Does this up your desire to get this figure? Let us know in the forums below!

Credit(s): ThreeStar Star on YouTube

Re: Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 English Sound Clips Likely Included (2036361)
Posted by Cyberpath on August 30th, 2019 @ 6:53am CDT
Side by side with MP-36, finally --

Amazing. Took only 30 something years.

And comparison with the alternatives; the one on the right is the closest in appearance to MP-44, especially after they KOed the head sculpt --

That backpack though, heh. I understand what they were going for with this release -- a robot-mode that is totally cartoon-accurate and a truck-mode that's somewhat realistic. But I still wonder if a second grill was really necessary again. I guess we'll see how it feels.

Like I said before, I've been having fun with the SIEGE figures in the last few months, figures that I can transform back and forth on a whim, and that still have good likeness to the cartoon. So seeing this Optimus Prime basically explodes and turned inside out.. it might take getting used to that again.

BTW, the small human figures have magnets, you can pose them on the battle station without balancing them.
Re: Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 English Sound Clips Likely Included (2036362)
Posted by Ironhidensh on August 30th, 2019 @ 6:56am CDT
Re: Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 English Sound Clips Likely Included (2036364)
Posted by sol magnus on August 30th, 2019 @ 7:57am CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:Yeah, now that I finally see them next to each other, I’m super happy with my Magic Square Prime. This over priced money grab (good looking one, though) is finally an easy pass.

Yeah, looks to me like you paid too much for whichever one of those other two you bought. But it's your money.

Once again, the proof is in the pudding. The engineering on MP-44 is exquisite. I won't be twisting myself into knots to spend my 400 bucks like I was before we got this new information.
Re: Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 English Sound Clips Likely Included (2036365)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 30th, 2019 @ 8:15am CDT
Transform Element TE-01 (bot on the right) is the better looking one. More streamlined and no ginormous backpack. If I go for a Toontimus, I'd go for this one.
Re: Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 English Sound Clips Likely Included (2036366)
Posted by william-james88 on August 30th, 2019 @ 8:25am CDT

But isnt magic square prime a trailer-less prime? I thought fans were in uproar over trailer-less optimus releases.
Re: Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 English Sound Clips Likely Included (2036369)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 30th, 2019 @ 8:58am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

The "Uproar" is only if the price asked is way too much for a trailer-less Optimus. Especially if it's a re-release that came with a trailer in the first place. Walmart's G1 reissue is the best example. 50$US/70$CAN for a trailer-less G1 Optimus is insulting. But a 25$US/34$CAN trailer-less G1 Optimus is perfectly fine.

Also, all those Optimusses that never came with a trailer in the first place don't count. Because seriously, it will be completely absurd if every single Optimusses ever came with a trailer.
Re: Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 English Sound Clips Likely Included (2036370)
Posted by Anonymous on August 30th, 2019 @ 9:16am CDT
sol magnus wrote:

Difficult to "pay too much" for either of the other two when they are between 1/4 and 1/3 of the price.

Sounds are the only un-objective benefit 44 has over the others.
Re: Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 English Sound Clips Likely Included (2036373)
Posted by sol magnus on August 30th, 2019 @ 9:40am CDT
PadForce wrote:
sol magnus wrote:

Sounds are the only un-objective benefit 44 has over the others.

That's debatable. I could give a rat's patootie about sounds.

Superior engineering gives far superior articulation and range of movement, and therefore play value, which even though I'm sure most of us just stand them on a shelf still want in a figure. To say nothing of all the other stuff you get with it.

All the reasons I collect doesn't come down to the banality of price. I know price is a factor - I'm not rich. But it's not the only factor. Takara has poured a lot into this figure, which the extra features shows where the money went. If you want a knock-off brick that looks like a cartoon Optimus just because it's "cheaper", you do you. But, like Sunstreaker and Inferno, I can appreciate the construction and ingenuity of what looks to me like a Masterpiece worthy of the name.
Re: Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 English Sound Clips Likely Included (2036376)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 30th, 2019 @ 10:05am CDT
MP-44 do have the edge over articulations and poses that's for sure.
Re: Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 English Sound Clips Likely Included (2036378)
Posted by Stargrave on August 30th, 2019 @ 10:14am CDT
I’ll be honest I’m always rooting for the official product vs. the 3rd party stuff. I want the one with the official Autobrand to be the best. I know the 3rd party stuff gets pretty awesome but ah that’s just me. I would want an Optimus not some “Optimus” with some clever not-so-vague word play on his name for a handle and no official Autobrand. Just ramblin’ ;)
Re: Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 English Sound Clips Likely Included (2036389)
Posted by MadProject on August 30th, 2019 @ 11:50am CDT
found on youtube!

Re: Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 English Sound Clips Likely Included (2036390)
Posted by Anonymous on August 30th, 2019 @ 11:51am CDT

Not sure when discussing a $400 price became banal :lol:
Re: Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 English Sound Clips Likely Included (2036391)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on August 30th, 2019 @ 12:05pm CDT
Amazon Japan charged my card today so Prime will be on its way to me soon
Re: Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 English Sound Clips Likely Included (2036392)
Posted by william-james88 on August 30th, 2019 @ 12:13pm CDT
MadProject wrote:found on youtube!

Just use the code at the end of the video : oJsuM_w0A18

It becomes this:

Re: Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 English Sound Clips Likely Included (2036396)
Posted by MadProject on August 30th, 2019 @ 12:26pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
MadProject wrote:found on youtube!

Just use the code at the end of the video : oJsuM_w0A18

It becomes this:

Re: Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 English Sound Clips Likely Included (2036397)
Posted by sol magnus on August 30th, 2019 @ 12:30pm CDT
PadForce wrote:Knock off brick is a funny comment given 44's backpack. I'm not bothered about play value so if that's key for you fair enough.

Not sure when discussing a $400 price became banal :lol:

Some people don't like a backpack they'll likely never actually see, sure. But the others being knock-off bricks is not up for debate. They are knock offs. They're dimensions are more brick-like. These are facts. I'm sure they make fine stand in statues.

The price point of $400 isn't the banal part. It's the discussion of price for a high end toy being too much when it's a first world issue is what is banal.
Re: Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 English Sound Clips Likely Included (2036399)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on August 30th, 2019 @ 12:30pm CDT
I don't think the transformation looks THAT bad, it's almost intuitive with how everything has to fold and tab for robot mode.
Re: Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 English Sound Clips Likely Included (2036400)
Posted by Anonymous on August 30th, 2019 @ 12:38pm CDT
sol magnus wrote:

Not sure when discussing a $400 price became banal :lol:

I dont understand your brick comments - MP 44 silhouette from any angle other than the front is worse than the two others you are disparaging. Their dimensions are definitively not more brick like.

If discussing the price is banal,why did you bring it up by telling someone theyd paid too much for one of the other options?
Re: Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 English Sound Clips Likely Included (2036401)
Posted by sol magnus on August 30th, 2019 @ 12:39pm CDT
PadForce wrote:
sol magnus wrote:

Not sure when discussing a $400 price became banal :lol:

Those are not high-end collectibles. They're knock offs of a high end collectible. That's why.

I said:
sol magnus wrote:All the reasons I collect doesn't come down to the banality of price. I know price is a factor - I'm not rich. But it's not the only factor.

Just because something is "cheaper" doesn't mean I want it. Although I am not in fact wealthy. A knock-off or an official version doesn't appeal to me one way or the other based on price alone.

As to the dimensions, they look like bricks to me. There is something more "off" about them from the front view than the Takara version. And I focus on the front not as a means to bash them, but because that's how I display my figures.
Re: Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 English Sound Clips Likely Included (2036403)
Posted by Anonymous on August 30th, 2019 @ 12:46pm CDT
Double post

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Powerglide Legends Figure Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars MOTORMASTER Bio Card" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers TITANS RETURN G1 IDW Windcharger Gnaw Action Figure No Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Lot Onslaught Moonracer Rook Swindle" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Bluestreak, 100% Complete, MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Sunstreaker (Optimus Maximus) MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "TransFormers Generations Series Megatron & Optimus Prime" on EBAY