Friday, May 17th, 2019 2:36pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Stargrave   Views: 21,739

Good afternoon and Happy Friday fellow Seibertronians! Takara Tomy Transformers MP-46 Masterpiece aka Black Arachnia is now up for pre-order on Hasbro Pulse for $139.99 and Amazon Japan for Y11,521! Regarding Amazon Japan, shipping to North America is cheap and fast and in total, the toy is $115 shipped as we can see from the screenshot below provided by fellow Seibertronian Emerje. The one ordered from hasbro Pulse will come in a Hasbro exclusive black slip cover. Are you going to be ordering the venomous vixen vying for vindication or has the much debated beast mode turned you off from this purchase? Please sound off and let us hear your thoughts on this fabulous robot mode that may have an alt mode lacking that Masterpiece magic.

Hasbro Pulse: https://hasbropulse.com/products/takara ... beast-wars

Amazon Japan: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07RRMR34R/ ... 2MAJGRFFMH

Transformers News: Masterpiece MP-46 Blackarachnia for $115 Shipped on Amazon Japan and $140 on Hasbro Pulse

Credit(s): Amazon Japan and Hasbro Pulse

This article was last modified on Saturday, May 18th, 2019 12:47pm CDT

Re: Masterpiece MP-46 Blackarachnia for $115 Shipped on Amazon Japan and $140 on Hasbro Pulse (2021810)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 17th, 2019 @ 3:13pm CDT
Re: Masterpiece MP-46 Blackarachnia for $115 Shipped on Amazon Japan and $140 on Hasbro Pulse (2021811)
Posted by william-james88 on May 17th, 2019 @ 3:15pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Meh, she will pop in at Mandarake sooner or later. No need to overpay from the USA nor having to pay extra fees for a proxy.

You are better off getting it on amazon japan now and not waiting for mandarake. The shipping is cheaper on amazon.
Re: Masterpiece MP-46 Blackarachnia for $115 Shipped on Amazon Japan and $140 on Hasbro Pulse (2021813)
Posted by Bucky on May 17th, 2019 @ 3:22pm CDT
Wow. That’s some dirt cheap shipping. I don’t mind this price point for BA either. This’ll be my first time ordering through Amazon JP. Here’s hoping it’s a good experience, and the first of many,
Re: Masterpiece MP-46 Blackarachnia for $115 Shipped on Amazon Japan and $140 on Hasbro Pulse (2021814)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 17th, 2019 @ 3:30pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

How about that proxy fee? Unless they can ship all over the world?
Re: Masterpiece MP-46 Blackarachnia for $115 Shipped on Amazon Japan and $140 on Hasbro Pulse (2021815)
Posted by william-james88 on May 17th, 2019 @ 3:31pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

How about that proxy fee? Unless they can ship all over the world?

yeah yeah, Amazon japan ships all over the world now. it's relatively new. And ridicuously cheap.
Re: Masterpiece MP-46 Blackarachnia for $115 Shipped on Amazon Japan and $140 on Hasbro Pulse (2021816)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 17th, 2019 @ 3:33pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:yeah yeah, Amazon japan ships all over the world now. it's relatively new.

Also, any Canadians received anything from Amazon JP? got any mandatory custom fees?
Because Mandarake stuff is completely invisible to customs, no matter the value.

Anyone who don't know, Canada charge all the taxes PLUS an extra 10$ just because for the custom fees.
Re: Masterpiece MP-46 Blackarachnia for $115 Shipped on Amazon Japan and $140 on Hasbro Pulse (2021817)
Posted by william-james88 on May 17th, 2019 @ 3:41pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Re: Masterpiece MP-46 Blackarachnia for $115 Shipped on Amazon Japan and $140 on Hasbro Pulse (2021820)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 17th, 2019 @ 4:02pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Dude, even the mandatory taxes are cheap, give it a go. Just try it out and see how much it comes out to before you pay. It will be cheaper than mandarake and it will be brand new. I have been doing it for all MP releases since the service was available.

Well, I'll see to it when I'll have actual money to spend.
I just bought a little something last week-end that ate away all of my toy budget for the next two-ish month... Including the Comiccon goodies budget... and one week of paid vacation instead of taking it... :WHISTLE:

By the time I recover from that purchase, I'll see to getting Blackie. I'm in no hurry because there will be plenty of her around when the time come. Amazon Japan look like a very interesting new hunting ground.
Re: Masterpiece MP-46 Blackarachnia for $115 Shipped on Amazon Japan and $140 on Hasbro Pulse (2021830)
Posted by Treetop Maximus on May 17th, 2019 @ 6:21pm CDT
Re: Masterpiece MP-46 Blackarachnia for $115 Shipped on Amazon Japan and $140 on Hasbro Pulse (2021835)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 17th, 2019 @ 9:16pm CDT
Treetop Maximus wrote:I'm ordering MPs from the US from now on since the QC seems to be all over the place lately. I'm scared to even touch Megatron. Transformed him from T-rex once and now he just stands there. And so does Dinobot.

Hate to break it to you, bro, but ALL Masterpices and ALL Transformers come from the same factories.
Re: Masterpiece MP-46 Blackarachnia for $115 Shipped on Amazon Japan and $140 on Hasbro Pulse (2021837)
Posted by william-james88 on May 17th, 2019 @ 9:23pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Re: Masterpiece MP-46 Blackarachnia for $115 Shipped on Amazon Japan and $140 on Hasbro Pulse (2021840)
Posted by Stargrave on May 18th, 2019 @ 12:34am CDT
Good afternoon and Happy Friday fellow Seibertronians! Takara Tomy Transformers MP-46 Masterpiece aka Black Arachnia is now up for pre-order on Hasbro Pulse for $139.99 and Amazon Japan for Y11,521! Are you going to be ordering the venomous vixen vying for vindication or has the much debated beast mode turned you off from this purchase? Seibertron member Emerje has posted a picture of his order from Amazon Japan for us all to view. Please sound off and let us hear your thoughts on this fabulous robot mode that may have an alt mode lacking that Masterpiece magic.

Hasbro Pulse: https://hasbropulse.com/products/takara ... beast-wars

Amazon Japan: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07RRMR34R/ ... 2MAJGRFFMH
Re: Masterpiece MP-46 Blackarachnia for $115 Shipped on Amazon Japan and $140 on Hasbro Pulse (2021841)
Posted by Stargrave on May 18th, 2019 @ 12:40am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Re: Masterpiece MP-46 Blackarachnia for $115 Shipped on Amazon Japan and $140 on Hasbro Pulse (2021846)
Posted by blackeyedprime on May 18th, 2019 @ 3:07am CDT
Wish we had mandarakes and book offs. Tho new over 2nd hand is preferable for some things
Re: Masterpiece MP-46 Blackarachnia for $115 Shipped on Amazon Japan and $140 on Hasbro Pulse (2021849)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 18th, 2019 @ 5:58am CDT
william-james88 wrote:He's referring to the ease of returning defective figures when you buy from a domestic seller.

Ah...
I would have thought about it if I wasn't posting in the middle of the night. #-o
Re: Masterpiece MP-46 Blackarachnia for $115 Shipped on Amazon Japan and $140 on Hasbro Pulse (2021850)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 18th, 2019 @ 6:10am CDT
00Stargrave00 wrote:I don't know I'm getting undercover Mandrake agent vibe here you seem aaaawful set on your Mandrakeness there Kanrabat ...it's going to be the next Amazon, isn't it, you can tell us come on...should we be buying stock now?? I'm teasing :lol:

I had only ONE bad experience. I ordered a small item from Mandarake's Fukuoka. They sent me the thing in a small envelope. When I received it, it was ONLY the packing slip! Then I noticed that the "envelope" that I received used to be stuck on the actual envelope that had the item in it. Both got separated on the way somehow because they were just barely sticking on each others. My item was lost in the mail forever.

Lemme tell you, receiving only the receipt and never getting the thing suck.

It took me a month and a half of procedure to finally had Paypal settle the case and get my 37K yen back.

Still, that was the only bad case. But I think it's a store-to-store basis.

----------------------

The ship insanely fast, yes, but there's some items I really don't want just sitting on my porch.
Re: Masterpiece MP-46 Blackarachnia for $115 Shipped on Amazon Japan and $140 on Hasbro Pulse (2021852)
Posted by william-james88 on May 18th, 2019 @ 6:51am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:ONE thing I don't like about Amazon (appart the mandatory taxes) is the fact that they just leave the package on your door if you're not there. Most of the time. This make your item easy target for theft.

Amazon Japan uses a different shipper for international items, they use DHL and DHL will send you a text asking you exactly where you want them to leave the item. You can also tell them you don't want it left at your door.

That's another advantage to Amazon Japan.
Re: Masterpiece MP-46 Blackarachnia for $115 Shipped on Amazon Japan and $140 on Hasbro Pulse (2021861)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 18th, 2019 @ 9:34am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

That's another advantage to Amazon Japan.

They use DHL yet the DHL shipping is CHEAP?
What kind of sorcery is this? :shock:

Call me annoying but the DHL shipping price is ludicrously expensive on Mandarake and that's why I didn't order anything from them when Canada Post was on kinda-strike. DHL was the only thing available for a while and I nope'd.
Re: Masterpiece MP-46 Blackarachnia for $115 Shipped on Amazon Japan and $140 on Hasbro Pulse (2021921)
Posted by Treetop Maximus on May 18th, 2019 @ 8:23pm CDT

Exactly. Had a damaged shipment one time and even though Mandarake was very good about it, my local post office had no idea how to handle international claims. Literally had to Google it for them. And in the end it took me three months to get my refund.
Re: Masterpiece MP-46 Blackarachnia for $115 Shipped on Amazon Japan and $140 on Hasbro Pulse (2021925)
Posted by william-james88 on May 18th, 2019 @ 8:50pm CDT
Treetop Maximus wrote:

Man, it took me over 1 year to get missing missiles for a Super Link Wingsabre I bought from Japan.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #255 - Judgment Day
"Judgment Day"
Posted: Sunday, July 19th, 2020

Buy "Transformers ROTF Revenge Of The Fallen Deluxe Class Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark of the Moon Mechtech Nitro Bumblebee / Thundercracker" on EBAY
Buy "Jada TransFormers 2016 Chevy Camaro Bumblebee 1:24 With Collectible 100%..." on EBAY
Buy "Jada Hollywood Rides TransFormers 2016 Chevy Camaro Bumblebee 1:32" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction AOE Voyager Class Hound MISB Some Box Wear." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Botcon Elita One, Nightbird, and Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Chromia Comic New MIB NIB MOC 2014 Comic Book" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Class Lockdown New in Box NIB MIB" on EBAY