Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime image from Hasbro Asia

Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime image from Hasbro Asia

Monday, September 26th, 2016 7:08am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Kurona   Views: 26,191

Fellow Seibertronians, fellow board member Logan. tells us that even after the dozen pictures Hasbro Asia's facebook delivered yesterday, they still have on more to show us - this one being a close-up of SG Optimus' cab revealing that, yes, he still has his signature "Till all are gone!" written on the top! Does it's being there change your decision on getting this guy in any way, or does it just make the purchase even sweeter? Tell us in the Energon Pub!

Transformers News: Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime image from Hasbro Asia

Re: Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime image from Hasbro Asia (1828551)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 26th, 2016 @ 7:57am CDT
As if I couldn't love this thing enough already!
Re: Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime image from Hasbro Asia (1828589)
Posted by President-prime on September 26th, 2016 @ 9:32am CDT
Re: Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime image from Hasbro Asia (1828594)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 26th, 2016 @ 9:42am CDT
President-prime wrote:Did they just put those words on, after people saying they want those words there. It seems like they put up original rumor pictures and see what people say and made changes according to what our reactions are. Look at the original post and this new one of shatter glass Optimus. What looking at the same place in the cab and these words are added later. Does t matter, I'm pre-ordered him :)
Erm, the words were there on the first physical pics of the figure we saw:

The images on the earliest pages of the thread are just stock photos rather than they physical product.
Re: Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime image from Hasbro Asia (1828595)
Posted by Kurona on September 26th, 2016 @ 9:44am CDT
Looking at the original stock photos I can't see the phrase there, either. It might also be the lighting and angle of the lighting, mind.
I'd still be tempted to say it's a last-minute decision. A great last-minute decision in any case :)
Re: Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime image from Hasbro Asia (1828597)
Posted by shajaki on September 26th, 2016 @ 9:51am CDT

He should have his jagged bot symbol painted on the side and maybe nothing on the shoulder. The mold exists to do so (MP10B).
Re: Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime image from Hasbro Asia (1828821)
Posted by Emerje on September 26th, 2016 @ 9:48pm CDT
Logan. wrote:From TransformersAsia on Facebook

Kurona wrote:Thanks to fellow Seibertronian Logan., we now know that Hasbro Asia has brought us a dozen new images

Logan. wrote:"Til All Are Gone!" (Pic from TransformersAsia on Facebook)

Kurona wrote:fellow board member Logan. tells us that even after the dozen pictures Hasbro Asia's facebook delivered yesterday, they still have on more to show us

Kurona, please stop doing that. Hasbro Asia is not the same thing as Transformers Asia. Hasbro Asia is Hasbro's Asian marketing division while Transformers Asia is an independent third party that licenses exclusives (and the odd re-releases like MP Soundwave) from Hasbro (and Takara Tomy). Think of TFA like you would e-Hobby or Fun Publication. It would be like taking something posted on the BotCon Facebook page and reporting it as coming from Hasbro's Facebook page. Two entirely different things.

Emerje
Re: Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime image from Hasbro Asia (1828826)
Posted by Kurona on September 26th, 2016 @ 9:52pm CDT
... whooooooooops.
Uh.
Well, I'm about to head off to bed so I'll have to fix it tomorrow. Thanks for the heads-up.
Re: Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime image from Hasbro Asia (1828828)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 26th, 2016 @ 9:55pm CDT
shajaki wrote:Y'know...... I'm suddenly upset. For a "premium" and expensive figure, he's not being done right and he easily could be.

It does exist and I agree. Those huge shattered symbols make the alt mode
Re: Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime image from Hasbro Asia (1828835)
Posted by President-prime on September 26th, 2016 @ 10:45pm CDT
And since we're at it, I would love it if they paint the grill, bumper and grey siding chrome. I love chrome on my Optimus. No fear of rubbing off, don't play with my toys, display only :)
Re: Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime image from Hasbro Asia (1829103)
Posted by Big Grim on September 28th, 2016 @ 8:07am CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:The colors are awesome!! That purple is delic!

Gotta admit, while I care not for Shattered Glass, he looks pretty good and that purple is frickin' gorgeous!
Re: Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime image from Hasbro Asia (1832045)
Posted by Logan. on October 9th, 2016 @ 4:13pm CDT
Taiwan Toyshow 2016 (Thanks to Wanna Hobby on Facebook)

Re: Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime image from Hasbro Asia (1832132)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 9th, 2016 @ 8:45pm CDT
Re: Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime image from Hasbro Asia (1832134)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on October 9th, 2016 @ 8:47pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Oh scrap yes!!!! I will news this shortly, but Hot Damn!!!!!! I am loving this!!!!!

i see someone passing out when they finally get theirs
Re: Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime image from Hasbro Asia (1832138)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 9th, 2016 @ 8:51pm CDT
Bumblebee21 wrote:

i see someone passing out when they finally get theirs

I'm hoping it ships out before I actually go on Christmas break. Finals end December 10 and I'll be around an extra week or so for work (I guest teach as schools) so I really really really hope it comes before then so I can enjoy it when I'm bored at night and upload bookoo amounts of images
Re: Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime image from Hasbro Asia (1832159)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 9th, 2016 @ 11:13pm CDT
Thanks to Seibertronian Logan. we have new images of Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime from the Taiwan Toy Show! These images were posted by the Wanna Hobby Facebook page and feature the evil Shattered Glass Prime posing in a battle stance with his axe and blaster ready and his trailer set up behind him. Check out the images below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Re: Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime image from Hasbro Asia (1832160)
Posted by VanOscuro on October 9th, 2016 @ 11:44pm CDT
Re: Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime image from Hasbro Asia (1832161)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 9th, 2016 @ 11:47pm CDT
VanOscuro wrote:You know what would really be nice that's shattered glass? SG Ravage. There are plenty of molds to use, just paint one white, paint the symbol red, and call it official.
You're not satisfied with the two official SG Ravage toys that already exist?
Re: Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime image from Hasbro Asia (1832162)
Posted by Kurona on October 10th, 2016 @ 12:00am CDT
Honestly I'm surprised there's been no repaints of the MP Cassette molds at all (Frenzy, Buzzsaw and Year of the Goat aside). You'd think they'd be the easiest ones and Glit could be repurposed into said very popular SG character hence a lot of sales. Especially if you bundle him with a red Decepticon sticker.
Re: Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime image from Hasbro Asia (1832165)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 10th, 2016 @ 12:04am CDT
I would honestly start collecting Masterpieces in mass if we start getting Shattered Glass Repaints. It would be a great place to start for me and it is one of my favorite TF universes.

Plus, it's awesome
Re: Masterpiece Shattered Glass Optimus Prime image from Hasbro Asia (1832176)
Posted by Trikeboy on October 10th, 2016 @ 4:08am CDT
I want a shelf full of SG Masterpiece toys. I already repurposed MP Delta Magnus as SG Ultra Magnus and Dx9 Terror as Rodimus Prime. A good one will be SG Wheeljack but ship him with purple Autobot stickers and purple Decepticon stickers. That way if people don't want SG MP Wheeljack, they can make him MP Slicer.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "rare SEALED hasbro TRANSFORMERS rotf movie JETFIRE legends class SR-71 BLACKBIRD" on EBAY
Buy "rare SEALED hasbro TRANSFORMERS rotf movie MEGATRON legends class FUSION TANK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series Lg10 Arcee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series Lg15 Night Bird Shadow" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Of Cybertron Megatron 2005 Dexepticon" on EBAY
Buy "GRIMLOCK - Transformers Robots in Disguise - Warrior Class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Jazz LOT (Jazz, Ratchet)" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series Hot Rod 86 Voyager Class Action Figure - F0712" on EBAY