Masterpiece Skids and Reboost Pre-Orders Launch in Japan at a Sweet Low Price

Masterpiece Skids and Reboost Pre-Orders Launch in Japan at a Sweet Low Price

Monday, April 12th, 2021 7:08pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: Emerje   Views: 34,005

Have you felt that recent Masterpiece offerings have priced you out of the line? Well Takara Tomy's new direction for 2021 returning to its roots of realistic vehicle modes and bot modes that combine both toy and cartoon aesthetics also comes with a price that may be hard to resist! Pre-orders are launching now in Japan at a tax inclusive MSRP of 10,780JPY (about $98.50USD), however, Japanese pricing being as it is, retail discounts like those offered by AmiAmi for Skids and Reboost, could be as low as 7,540JPY or only $69 each at the current exchange rate! We've rarely seen new MP prices that low on new figures!

And while Skids is certainly a value at that price while including his two guns, don't wright off Reboost and his enticing pack of accessories including three weapons, a clear holomatter driver and a "Component X" Honda Motocompo compact scooter that can fit in the back of his Honda City alt mode just like the original Diaclone! If you didn't care about Reboost before this attention to detail might change your mind.

Transformers News: Masterpiece Skids and Reboost Pre-Orders Launch in Japan at a Sweet Low Price

Will you be buying either or both of the latest MPs to hit Japan or is this not enough to get you back into the MP game? Let us know in the Energon Pub Forums!

Credit(s): AmiAmi

Re: Masterpiece Skids and Reboost Pre-Orders Launch in Japan at a Sweet Low Price (2101524)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 12th, 2021 @ 8:08pm CDT
Well, I'll be calling Reboost "On Holydays in the Countryside Optimus Prime". :lol:

I'm conflicted. Cash and space allow only for on of those MP. Reboost have lot of stuff and especially that scooter. Skids is Skids and will go well along the Alternator and the original G1.

Decisions, decisions... :-?
Re: Masterpiece Skids and Reboost Pre-Orders Launch in Japan at a Sweet Low Price (2101534)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 12th, 2021 @ 10:17pm CDT
Re: Masterpiece Skids and Reboost Pre-Orders Launch in Japan at a Sweet Low Price (2101537)
Posted by Powered Convoy on April 12th, 2021 @ 10:36pm CDT
Non-geo locked promotional video from TakaraTomy.
Re: Masterpiece Skids and Reboost Pre-Orders Launch in Japan at a Sweet Low Price (2101538)
Posted by Emerje on April 12th, 2021 @ 10:48pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I can only go for one so I'm going for Skids and I'm waiting on Amazon Japan to put pre-orders up. These look ok, so I hope they're not fiddly or have small, cheap plastic panels, like the last few MPs.

Doesn't look like it'll be any more complex than any other car, especially the pre-Sunstreaker molds. Looks to be on-par with the Datsuns and I think that was the goal.

Emerje
Re: Masterpiece Skids and Reboost Pre-Orders Launch in Japan at a Sweet Low Price (2101541)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 13th, 2021 @ 12:08am CDT
Honestly, Skids being less than $100 is so relieving. Just hope future MPs follow suit and return to form.
Re: Masterpiece Skids and Reboost Pre-Orders Launch in Japan at a Sweet Low Price (2101654)
Posted by angtre on April 13th, 2021 @ 1:35pm CDT
I only collect Beast Wars characters and G1 Decepticons in the MP line, still I'm conflicted about getting at least one of these.

They are undoubtedly sweet, being so full of details AND at such reasonable price, so I'd definitely like to support this new direction for the MP line.

Hopefully Burn Out will come out soon with a Decepticon insigna, resolving my inner conflict.
Re: Masterpiece Skids and Reboost Pre-Orders Launch in Japan at a Sweet Low Price (2101662)
Posted by blackeyedprime on April 13th, 2021 @ 2:52pm CDT
The pricing is definitely on par with the third party X-transbots savant and the Takara version is better YAYAY (ok Savants scooter looks better but hey). Not often that happens! Price is still more than I like to pay for these things but definitely not off putting.
Re: Masterpiece Skids and Reboost Pre-Orders Launch in Japan at a Sweet Low Price (2101693)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 13th, 2021 @ 7:18pm CDT
I pre-ordered both Reboost and Skids. They both have stuff I love, and I don't really want to choose. I will break my 1 MP per mold rule
Re: Masterpiece Skids and Reboost Pre-Orders Launch in Japan at a Sweet Low Price (2101723)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 14th, 2021 @ 4:29am CDT
At Amazon.jp, Skids is not available to ship to Canada (yet) while Reboost is.
Well, that's the one I really wanted anyway. More stuff and that scooter is a must.
Plus I'll get an "Optimus Prime" that choose to "travel light".

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B091VH ... oys&sr=1-2

Taxed and shipped it cost me 10062 JPY (116$CAN or 92$US). That IS a pretty damn good price.
Re: Masterpiece Skids and Reboost Pre-Orders Launch in Japan at a Sweet Low Price (2101740)
Posted by blackeyedprime on April 14th, 2021 @ 1:04pm CDT
Is it wrong that I want the KOs licence plates to read as Chity? :P
Re: Masterpiece Skids and Reboost Pre-Orders Launch in Japan at a Sweet Low Price (2101762)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 14th, 2021 @ 4:20pm CDT
Takara Tomy put up a new video advert for MP-53 Skids and MP-54 Reboost on their site. If you live in Japan (or if you have a VPN ;) ) you can see the video directly and browse the high definition pictures HERE.

For the rest of the world, or for those who want to go the simple route, our fellow Seibertronian Powered Convoy found the mirror of the video on YouTube. The video show more angles on both figures, some more feature like an opening hood that reveal the engine, and a very brief transformation demo. Watch it at your leisure below:

Are you exited about their releases? Let us know what you think!
Re: Masterpiece Skids and Reboost Pre-Orders Launch in Japan at a Sweet Low Price (2101776)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 14th, 2021 @ 6:05pm CDT
Re: Masterpiece Skids and Reboost Pre-Orders Launch in Japan at a Sweet Low Price (2101777)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 14th, 2021 @ 6:23pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I really like to know why Skids isn't being offered by Amazon Japan yet but Reboost is. The more I have to wait, the more I'm being tempted.

Yeah, that's pretty weird.
Oh well, I'm glad that the one I really wanted is the one available. Man, I LOVE that compact scooter and the fact that we get a "retired Optimus Prime".

As for the "new direction of MP", I don't think it's a new direction at all. It's just that Skids barely appeared in the cartoon and Reboost is a Diaclone original. Meaning that they're not really restricted at an imperative "cartoon accuracy". This result in a pretty straightforward transformation as seen in the brief video above.

After the epic journey that was transforming MP-49 Black Convoy, taking a leisurely stroll with MP-54 Reboost will be refreshing.
Re: Masterpiece Skids and Reboost Pre-Orders Launch in Japan at a Sweet Low Price (2101782)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 14th, 2021 @ 7:17pm CDT
I'm looking forward to the mold. I'm looking forward to something a little more MP-12 than MP-37 parts count wise
Re: Masterpiece Skids and Reboost Pre-Orders Launch in Japan at a Sweet Low Price (2101819)
Posted by william-james88 on April 15th, 2021 @ 12:33am CDT
Awesome first article!
Re: Masterpiece Skids and Reboost Pre-Orders Launch in Japan at a Sweet Low Price (2101825)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 15th, 2021 @ 4:36am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Awesome first article!

Thanks!
Sooner or later, I'll earn the title. ;)
Re: Masterpiece Skids and Reboost Pre-Orders Launch in Japan at a Sweet Low Price (2101827)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 15th, 2021 @ 4:42am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Awesome first article!

Thanks!
Sooner or later, I'll earn the title. ;)

Keep that quality of writing and it'll be sooner then you think ;)
Re: Masterpiece Skids and Reboost Pre-Orders Launch in Japan at a Sweet Low Price (2101847)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 15th, 2021 @ 9:41am CDT
From what was said about Skids and Reboost in the interview with Kōjin Ōno, it seems that they're really trying to push Reboost so as to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Honda City Turbo, which is why they made him in the first place. The red color is apparently the most iconic color version of the car, so they really wanna get that version out on the market, in addition to Skids (even if that means Skids gets promoted less).
Re: Masterpiece Skids and Reboost Pre-Orders Launch in Japan at a Sweet Low Price (2101848)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 15th, 2021 @ 10:00am CDT
Canadians ça preorder Skids and Reboost at Age 3 And Up for 115$can each.

Skids: https://www.agesthreeandup.ca/products/ ... p-53-skids

Reboost: https://www.agesthreeandup.ca/products/ ... 54-reboost

For Reboost, the better deal is still at Amazon.jp.
However, still no deal at all for Skids for now.
Re: Masterpiece Skids and Reboost Pre-Orders Launch in Japan at a Sweet Low Price (2102672)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 21st, 2021 @ 10:06pm CDT
It took a while but MP Skids is finally available for international shipping at Amazon.JP.
At least for Canada. It may be different for you.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/Transform ... ys&sr=1-12

I already got Reboost on preorder so I don't need this one. Still at least people now have the option.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Shattered Glass Combiner Wars Ratchet BotCon 2016 repro stickers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kingdom Cyclonus - War for Cybertron Trilogy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Deluxe Class Grimlock Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Commander ULTRA MAGNUS UK STOCK NEW!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Star Hammer Wheel Jack Cyberverse UK Stock NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Limited DOUBLE PUNCH / Botcon Japan 98 Takara" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2008 Transformers Attendee Exclusive Shattered Glass Ricochet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Spinister" on EBAY