This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive

Transformers News: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive

Wednesday, February 18th, 2015 9:26PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Rumors, Store News
Posted by: shajaki   Views: 113,825

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Icespark of TFW2005 has let loose some info regarding the next Toys R Us Masterpiece figure: Starscream! This Story is obviously still in its infancy stages, so we don't know if it will be the MP03 or MP11 mould or how the paint applications may differ from other versions. Here's what was found in the TRU computers!

TRU Product Code Info wrote:Trnsfrmrs Mstpc Strscrm
Item: 376475
Vendor Style: B4702


Seibertron will bring you more information as we find it!

Transformers News: Masterpiece Starscream: Next Toys R Us Exclusive?
Credit(s): TFW2005 Icespark

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653044)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 18th, 2015 @ 9:29pm CST
IF it's MP-11, AND if it has the cape and crown, I'll be all OVER this b1+€#.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653048)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 18th, 2015 @ 9:35pm CST
Nearly seven months after I finally get MP-11... This happens.

If it's significantly different (doubtful), I might bite. If not... I'm perfectly happy with MP-11. [-(
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653051)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on February 18th, 2015 @ 9:48pm CST
Was really hoping for Skywarp or a Rain Maker of some sort.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653053)
Posted by sol magnus on February 18th, 2015 @ 9:56pm CST
I'll take it!
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653054)
Posted by Solrac333 on February 18th, 2015 @ 9:56pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:Nearly seven months after I finally get MP-11... This happens.

If it's significantly different (doubtful), I might bite. If not... I'm perfectly happy with MP-11. [-(


That's nothing. Only a week after I get the MP-11.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653055)
Posted by Rated X on February 18th, 2015 @ 9:58pm CST
Maybe its time to upgrade the walmart SS on my coffee table to match thundercracker.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653056)
Posted by Fox Thiagarajan on February 18th, 2015 @ 9:58pm CST
Been waiting on this for a while. :CON:
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653057)
Posted by shajaki on February 18th, 2015 @ 10:01pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:If it's significantly different (doubtful), I might bite. If not... I'm perfectly happy with MP-11. [-(
the pessimist inside me says he'll be the same as MP11 with no extras :-$
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653064)
Posted by Dagon on February 18th, 2015 @ 10:13pm CST
shajaki wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:If it's significantly different (doubtful), I might bite. If not... I'm perfectly happy with MP-11. [-(
the pessimist inside me says he'll be the same as MP11 with no extras :-$



A new story on TFW is saying that someone in Australia found a bio for a new Generations Starscream that came with place holder images of the Leader class Megatron, and now they're speculating that this is actually going to be a Leader class Starscream from the Thundercracker remold of Jetfire.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653066)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 18th, 2015 @ 10:21pm CST
Most curious, indeed.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653068)
Posted by shajaki on February 18th, 2015 @ 10:29pm CST
Dagon wrote:A new story on TFW is saying that someone in Australia found a bio for a new Generations Starscream that came with place holder images of the Leader class Megatron, and now they're speculating that this is actually going to be a Leader class Starscream from the Thundercracker remold of Jetfire.
i think theyre unrelated. the TRu computer listing says MSTRPC, not anything combiner war or leader related. leader class figures and TRU MP seekers arent the same price. and a part of the bio says:

Get ready for a whole new generation of Transformers mayhem with this incredible Starscream figure!

those words say new figure, new line (ie:CW). not definitive i know. what WOULD be definitive is if his bio said anything specifically related to CW. but what helps my argument is that neither does the recent leader thundercracker. in fact, read the end of TC's bio:

Get ready for a whole new generation of Transformers mayhem with this incredible Thundercracker figure!
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653069)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on February 18th, 2015 @ 10:29pm CST
shajaki wrote:it would be phenomenal if they made him G1 toy accurate, and its ture they went all yellow on SW's eyes. but then they went and released prowl with practically no differences. so its going to be a "wait and see" thing unfortunately.



Prowl had no differences, but Sunstorm sure did. it would have been just as easy to keep the same deco as takara and nix the coronation gear, but they opted to change him quite a bit. whether this was a wise choice or not is unknown, but it does mean a more toy accurate deco for Starscream, or a wild redeco is possible
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653073)
Posted by shajaki on February 18th, 2015 @ 10:34pm CST
grimdragon2001 wrote:
shajaki wrote:it would be phenomenal if they made him G1 toy accurate, and its ture they went all yellow on SW's eyes. but then they went and released prowl with practically no differences. so its going to be a "wait and see" thing unfortunately.
Prowl had no differences, but Sunstorm sure did. it would have been just as easy to keep the same deco as takara and nix the coronation gear, but they opted to change him quite a bit. whether this was a wise choice or not is unknown, but it does mean a more toy accurate deco for Starscream, or a wild redeco is possible
sunstorm i think i can explain. MP11SS was an e-hobby exclusive. and theres certain rules involved in exclusives, like if takara does one, and hasbro wants to do one later, it has to be significantly different. thats why botcon thrust and henkei thrust are completely different remolds.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653078)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on February 18th, 2015 @ 10:41pm CST
Oh please oh please oh please be true. I've been eyeballing MP-11 for ages now and ordering online would have busted my wallet way more than going and picking him up at my local TRU.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653082)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on February 18th, 2015 @ 10:51pm CST
shajaki wrote:
grimdragon2001 wrote:
shajaki wrote:it would be phenomenal if they made him G1 toy accurate, and its ture they went all yellow on SW's eyes. but then they went and released prowl with practically no differences. so its going to be a "wait and see" thing unfortunately.
Prowl had no differences, but Sunstorm sure did. it would have been just as easy to keep the same deco as takara and nix the coronation gear, but they opted to change him quite a bit. whether this was a wise choice or not is unknown, but it does mean a more toy accurate deco for Starscream, or a wild redeco is possible
sunstorm i think i can explain. MP11SS was an e-hobby exclusive. and theres certain rules involved in exclusives, like if takara does one, and hasbro wants to do one later, it has to be significantly different. thats why botcon thrust and henkei thrust are completely different remolds.


Point made, but they did change him all the same, which means they can do the same for Starscream. The real question is, will they? Guess we will find out when Hasbro shows some pics of it, maybe at Botcon
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653083)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on February 18th, 2015 @ 11:04pm CST
I would love to get this from TRU, but their taxes are so high!
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653088)
Posted by megatronus on February 18th, 2015 @ 11:14pm CST
(1) It's definitely going to be the MP11 mold - how can it not be the MP11 mold??

(2) Whether or not the deco is different, they're definitely not including the coronation gear.

I'll still buy it though. >:oP
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653089)
Posted by megatronus on February 18th, 2015 @ 11:14pm CST
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:I would love to get this from TRU, but their taxes are so high!

Taxes? Try prices... :oops:
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653090)
Posted by CrankyOldTruck on February 18th, 2015 @ 11:29pm CST
megatronus wrote:
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:I would love to get this from TRU, but their taxes are so high!

Taxes? Try prices... :oops:


Exactly. The tax will always be the same but, at least in the U.S. anyways, they are $2.00 more at each size point (compared to Target and Wal-Mart) through the first 4 size classes, then $3.00 more on the next couple of levels and then it just gets obscene from there and exclusives they go nuts with as well. I've got a rewards card for TRU so it helps me a little on occasion but not nearly enough.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653095)
Posted by Deathsaurus1 on February 19th, 2015 @ 12:31am CST
YES! I AM SO EXCITED! even though I have mp-11, I will look forward to this, starscream is my favorite decepticon!

I hope this release has the toy accurate shade of blue.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653105)
Posted by Deathsaurus1 on February 19th, 2015 @ 1:14am CST
megatronus wrote:(1) It's definitely going to be the MP11 mold - how can it not be the MP11 mold??

(2) Whether or not the deco is different, they're definitely not including the coronation gear.

I'll still buy it though. >:oP


I wouldn't be to sure on saying they won't include the coronation gear, in the transformers aoe special feature "a spark of design" there's a shot of acid storm wearing the coronation crown.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653106)
Posted by Railbomb on February 19th, 2015 @ 1:37am CST
I can understand why they didn't include the coronation gear for Acid and Sun, cause you know, they didn't wear it. However, I think that they might for Starscream since that's arguably iconic for him. Why they wouldn't just wait till next year and make all the masterpieces "The Movie 30th Anniversary" themed and release Starscream, Rodimus, and Magnus is beyond me.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653110)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 19th, 2015 @ 1:50am CST
I was really hoping this figure would be released sooner than later. All I need now is the coin which can be found pretty much everywhere.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653118)
Posted by zodconvoy on February 19th, 2015 @ 2:24am CST
I'd buy that for a dollar.

Sorry, I'm marathoning Robocop on Netflix. Probably a bunch of dollars.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653138)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 19th, 2015 @ 4:43am CST
I overpaid for the Takara one and feel that 200$ shipped is way overpriced for him.

Will Hasbro's chest finally lock properly in place? Will it be 90$? Will it have the coronation kit? Will TrU bother to put some French pn the fawking box and release him in Quebec?

If yes for all of the above, I may buy him again to keep him sealed. But ONLY if I come accross him in store, live, and ONLY if I have the spare cash.

I'm more interested in a Leader Jetfire retool in SS colors anyway.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653173)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 19th, 2015 @ 7:30am CST
I have MP-11, so I'll pass on a TRU masterpiece. If it's just a leader class repaint, however, I might pick it up. Unless I've broken down and bought Jetfire by then.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653179)
Posted by User897 on February 19th, 2015 @ 8:22am CST
megatronus wrote:(1) It's definitely going to be the MP11 mold - how can it not be the MP11 mold??

(2) Whether or not the deco is different, they're definitely not including the coronation gear.

I'll still buy it though. >:oP


Unless you're a suit at Hasbro and you have the inside information, saying they won't include the coronation gear is not only a bold statement, but rather stupid. I didn't think they would include Grimlock's crown when I first heard about the latest release, but they did. Unlike Star Wars, the Hasbro Transformers team actually DOES listen to us from time to time.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653180)
Posted by Dagon on February 19th, 2015 @ 8:36am CST
shajaki wrote:
Dagon wrote:A new story on TFW is saying that someone in Australia found a bio for a new Generations Starscream that came with place holder images of the Leader class Megatron, and now they're speculating that this is actually going to be a Leader class Starscream from the Thundercracker remold of Jetfire.
i think theyre unrelated. the TRu computer listing says MSTRPC, not anything combiner war or leader related. leader class figures and TRU MP seekers arent the same price. and a part of the bio says:

Get ready for a whole new generation of Transformers mayhem with this incredible Starscream figure!

those words say new figure, new line (ie:CW). not definitive i know. what WOULD be definitive is if his bio said anything specifically related to CW. but what helps my argument is that neither does the recent leader thundercracker. in fact, read the end of TC's bio:

Get ready for a whole new generation of Transformers mayhem with this incredible Thundercracker figure!



Ok, you lost me. So, it supports your idea that this is an MP figure because the last line of bios for both Starscream and the confirmed Thundercracker say the same thing, but don't mention Combiner Wars or the MP line, and so this is somehow more indicative of this being an MP repaint? I don't see how that makes any sense at all. Wouldn't the same end line of a bio with the only differences being the character name make it lean towards them both being from the same line, and since TC is confirmed as being a Generations or whatever, that the Starscream would be the same? The TRU MPs don't even come with bios, do they?

I guess it's possible that since both the MP and a Leader figure would both be repaints at this point, we could be getting one of each.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653181)
Posted by G1COLLECTOR on February 19th, 2015 @ 8:37am CST
I sold off my first Toys R Us Starscream and needed another one, this up-dated one. I didn't want to pay $200. for the Takara Starscream with the dumb crown and cape like Batman. :BANG_HEAD:
I hope Hasbro puts this out without that crap and he should be around $80.00 like Sunstorm was....

Win Win here, I need this Please !

Now if we can get one without TFSource or BBTS buying up all stock to re-sale on there site like MP Prime. :HEADHURTS:
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653184)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on February 19th, 2015 @ 8:59am CST
This is indeed fantastic news if true! I've had my eye on MP-11 Starscream for quite some time now, but $200 seemed to steep a price to really bite. I hope the deco isn't too far off from Takara's offering. The recent Grimlock reissue and Prowl are good indicators of Hasbro bucking the "gotta be different" trend, but figures like Sunstorm make the situation a little murkier. Speaking of MP's, did we see any at Toy Fair? I'd have thought we'd have seen at least MP Bluestreak on display. He was spotted at the Nuremburg show last month, right?
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653185)
Posted by shajaki on February 19th, 2015 @ 9:14am CST
Dagon wrote:
shajaki wrote:
Dagon wrote:A new story on TFW is saying that someone in Australia found a bio for a new Generations Starscream that came with place holder images of the Leader class Megatron, and now they're speculating that this is actually going to be a Leader class Starscream from the Thundercracker remold of Jetfire.
i think theyre unrelated. the TRu computer listing says MSTRPC, not anything combiner war or leader related. leader class figures and TRU MP seekers arent the same price. and a part of the bio says:
Get ready for a whole new generation of Transformers mayhem with this incredible Starscream figure!
those words say new figure, new line (ie:CW). not definitive i know. what WOULD be definitive is if his bio said anything specifically related to CW. but what helps my argument is that neither does the recent leader thundercracker. in fact, read the end of TC's bio:
Get ready for a whole new generation of Transformers mayhem with this incredible Thundercracker figure!
Ok, you lost me. So, it supports your idea that this is an MP figure because the last line of bios for both Starscream and the confirmed Thundercracker say the same thing, but don't mention Combiner Wars or the MP line, and so this is somehow more indicative of this being an MP repaint? I don't see how that makes any sense at all. Wouldn't the same end line of a bio with the only differences being the character name make it lean towards them both being from the same line, and since TC is confirmed as being a Generations or whatever, that the Starscream would be the same? The TRU MPs don't even come with bios, do they?

I guess it's possible that since both the MP and a Leader figure would both be repaints at this point, we could be getting one of each.
maybe my thoughts were jumbled, but now youve lost me.

im saying we're getting two starscreams, and one has not been confused with another.
-evidence for MP SS is the product code
-evidence for leader SS is the IDW cover solicits, similar bio of leader TC, and the bio was found under CW leader headline of TRU website
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653189)
Posted by Desslok2201 on February 19th, 2015 @ 9:30am CST
I don't see why they'd leave out the cape and crown, it's not like the domestic release MPs have been cheap, they just chose some variations. Sure, not including Rodimus Prime's trailer was kind of a dick move, but his targetmaster was a nice touch. I didn't really need Grimlock's apron and bow tie, and I understand it's exclusion for the crown. The cape and crown are iconic to Starscream, and I'd really be surprised if they're left out, because I can't think of what they'd be replaced with- energy absorbers for the combaticons or a 3.75" Dr. Arkeville? I don't see it.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653195)
Posted by Dagon on February 19th, 2015 @ 9:41am CST
shajaki wrote:
Dagon wrote:
shajaki wrote:
Dagon wrote:A new story on TFW is saying that someone in Australia found a bio for a new Generations Starscream that came with place holder images of the Leader class Megatron, and now they're speculating that this is actually going to be a Leader class Starscream from the Thundercracker remold of Jetfire.
i think theyre unrelated. the TRu computer listing says MSTRPC, not anything combiner war or leader related. leader class figures and TRU MP seekers arent the same price. and a part of the bio says:
Get ready for a whole new generation of Transformers mayhem with this incredible Starscream figure!
those words say new figure, new line (ie:CW). not definitive i know. what WOULD be definitive is if his bio said anything specifically related to CW. but what helps my argument is that neither does the recent leader thundercracker. in fact, read the end of TC's bio:
Get ready for a whole new generation of Transformers mayhem with this incredible Thundercracker figure!
Ok, you lost me. So, it supports your idea that this is an MP figure because the last line of bios for both Starscream and the confirmed Thundercracker say the same thing, but don't mention Combiner Wars or the MP line, and so this is somehow more indicative of this being an MP repaint? I don't see how that makes any sense at all. Wouldn't the same end line of a bio with the only differences being the character name make it lean towards them both being from the same line, and since TC is confirmed as being a Generations or whatever, that the Starscream would be the same? The TRU MPs don't even come with bios, do they?

I guess it's possible that since both the MP and a Leader figure would both be repaints at this point, we could be getting one of each.
maybe my thoughts were jumbled, but now youve lost me.

im saying we're getting two starscreams, and one has not been confused with another.
-evidence for MP SS is the product code
-evidence for leader SS is the IDW cover solicits, similar bio of leader TC, and the bio was found under CW leader headline of TRU website



Nevermind, I guess, because now we're saying the same things.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653206)
Posted by Erailea on February 19th, 2015 @ 9:57am CST
I'd be excited if it weren't for the fact that it's nearly impossible (for me, at any rate) to find any of the popular MP characters at TRU.... *sigh*

I would really like to get him, though.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653223)
Posted by Convoy on February 19th, 2015 @ 10:21am CST
Dagon wrote:
shajaki wrote:
Dagon wrote:
shajaki wrote:
Dagon wrote:A new story on TFW is saying that someone in Australia found a bio for a new Generations Starscream that came with place holder images of the Leader class Megatron, and now they're speculating that this is actually going to be a Leader class Starscream from the Thundercracker remold of Jetfire.
i think theyre unrelated. the TRu computer listing says MSTRPC, not anything combiner war or leader related. leader class figures and TRU MP seekers arent the same price. and a part of the bio says:
Get ready for a whole new generation of Transformers mayhem with this incredible Starscream figure!
those words say new figure, new line (ie:CW). not definitive i know. what WOULD be definitive is if his bio said anything specifically related to CW. but what helps my argument is that neither does the recent leader thundercracker. in fact, read the end of TC's bio:
Get ready for a whole new generation of Transformers mayhem with this incredible Thundercracker figure!
Ok, you lost me. So, it supports your idea that this is an MP figure because the last line of bios for both Starscream and the confirmed Thundercracker say the same thing, but don't mention Combiner Wars or the MP line, and so this is somehow more indicative of this being an MP repaint? I don't see how that makes any sense at all. Wouldn't the same end line of a bio with the only differences being the character name make it lean towards them both being from the same line, and since TC is confirmed as being a Generations or whatever, that the Starscream would be the same? The TRU MPs don't even come with bios, do they?

I guess it's possible that since both the MP and a Leader figure would both be repaints at this point, we could be getting one of each.
maybe my thoughts were jumbled, but now youve lost me.

im saying we're getting two starscreams, and one has not been confused with another.
-evidence for MP SS is the product code
-evidence for leader SS is the IDW cover solicits, similar bio of leader TC, and the bio was found under CW leader headline of TRU website



Nevermind, I guess, because now we're saying the same things.

It's like that twilighty thing from that zone.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653237)
Posted by Crystiallic on February 19th, 2015 @ 10:47am CST
I will be more interested in generations jetfire mold of the rest 2 seekers. I already have 5 MP03/MP11 mold seekers.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653238)
Posted by sol magnus on February 19th, 2015 @ 10:48am CST
Last year I really wanted to pull the trigger on a Starscream MP-11, but the 200 bucks really presented an obstacle. Because we now have Skywarp and he's 200 bucks, I decided I would pinch pennies and get both of them, but just be irritated that I'm overpaying for two highly-valued characters for my collection.

Now, I don't have to do that. I can overpay for JUST Skywarp, and get the US release of Starscream which I personally thought was overdue. I'm definitely not going to bother getting my hopes up on a US release of Skywarp. 80-90 bucks is about the right value for that mold.

I was wondering if Acid Storm and Sunstorm were filler, perhaps for whatever agreement Takara had to market overseas and that is over now, maybe?)
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653269)
Posted by kirbenvost on February 19th, 2015 @ 12:09pm CST
If it's the MP-11 mold, has a proper G1 deco, and includes the coronation gear, I'm in. If not or it's the Leader Thundercracker mold, easy pass.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653352)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 19th, 2015 @ 2:47pm CST
kirbenvost wrote:If it's the MP-11 mold, has a proper G1 deco, and includes the coronation gear, I'm in. If not or it's the Leader Thundercracker mold, easy pass.
Hasbro's track record shows that they don't sell non-MP molds as MPs.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653397)
Posted by megatronus on February 19th, 2015 @ 4:22pm CST
Hold up... Shajaki posted this?

Shajaki's a news staff now??

:BOWDOWN:
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653398)
Posted by Va'al on February 19th, 2015 @ 4:28pm CST
megatronus wrote:Hold up... Shajaki posted this?

Shajaki's a news staff now??

:BOWDOWN:



In training. ;)
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653404)
Posted by Va'al on February 19th, 2015 @ 4:37pm CST
As an update to the previous rumour post regarding a possible Toys'R'Us exclusive Transformers Masterpiece Starscream - also fanned by the IDW comics solicitations for May, showing a new body change for the cunning Decepticon - we have more fuel to add to the fire: the Australian TRU website shows a bio for Starscream, copied below, rather than Leader class Generations Combiner Wars Armada Megatron! Read on, and keep the speculations in the Energon Pub: what do you think, Leader class or Masterpiece?

Starscream commands one of the most fearsome military units from Cybertron: the Seekers. The squadron has brought him great power and glory, but that means nothing as long as Megatron is the one who rules the Decepticons. Until Starscream can claim that throne, he will have to be content to be king of the Seekers.
The war between Autobot and Decepticon rages on, and with Starscream in the fight, the action gets more intense all the time! This awesome Starscream figure is a massive force for evil in robot mode with a blaster on each arm and an appetite for destruction. But when it’s time for a screaming air assault, he converts to jet mode! Get ready for a whole new generation of Transformers mayhem with this incredible Starscream figure!
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653407)
Posted by ScottyP on February 19th, 2015 @ 4:42pm CST
Personally hoping for a white deco like the old Walmart MP-3 mold release, but not upset if it's dead on identical (or close to identical) to the Takara MP-11. Beautiful rendition of Starscream and great that more folks will have access to it.

I'm a little tired of MP seekers right now though. Been meaning to buy that Takara MP-11SW for awhile and my finger can't pull the trigger.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653409)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on February 19th, 2015 @ 4:53pm CST
Eh, I was never able to get MP Starscream, any of them, when they first came out for an alright price. Maybe a U.S reissue/release could be more accessible? Maybe? Probably? I'm asking because MP Prowl.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653422)
Posted by shajaki on February 19th, 2015 @ 5:46pm CST
Va'al wrote:
megatronus wrote:Hold up... Shajaki posted this?

Shajaki's a news staff now??

:BOWDOWN:
In training. ;)
Image
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653460)
Posted by LE0KING on February 19th, 2015 @ 7:01pm CST
The picture looks more like a generations leader thundercracker repaint...
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653464)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on February 19th, 2015 @ 7:06pm CST
LE0KING wrote:The picture looks more like a generations leader thundercracker repaint...

There are rumors of both a Leader class starscream from theThundercracker retool, and an American release of MP-11 Starscream.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653469)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 19th, 2015 @ 7:15pm CST
Va'al wrote:As an update to the previous rumour post regarding a possible Toys'R'Us exclusive Transformers Masterpiece Starscream - also fanned by the IDW comics solicitations for May, showing a new body change for the cunning Decepticon - we have more fuel to add to the fire: the Australian TRU website shows a bio for Starscream, copied below, rather than Leader class Generations Combiner Wars Armada Megatron! Read on, and keep the speculations in the Energon Pub: what do you think, Leader class or Masterpiece?

Starscream commands one of the most fearsome military units from Cybertron: the Seekers. The squadron has brought him great power and glory, but that means nothing as long as Megatron is the one who rules the Decepticons. Until Starscream can claim that throne, he will have to be content to be king of the Seekers.
The war between Autobot and Decepticon rages on, and with Starscream in the fight, the action gets more intense all the time! This awesome Starscream figure is a massive force for evil in robot mode with a blaster on each arm and an appetite for destruction. But when it’s time for a screaming air assault, he converts to jet mode! Get ready for a whole new generation of Transformers mayhem with this incredible Starscream figure!

Sounds more like a masterpiece bio to me.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653473)
Posted by shajaki on February 19th, 2015 @ 7:24pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:Sounds more like a masterpiece bio to me.
not if you compare it to the leader TC bio.

Get ready for a whole new generation of Transformers mayhem with this incredible Starscream figure!
Get ready for a whole new generation of Transformers mayhem with this incredible Thundercracker figure!


i think we're getting two starscreams, and one is not to be confused with another.
-evidence for MP SS is the product code
-evidence for leader SS is the IDW cover solicits, similar bio of leader TC, and the bio was found under CW leader headline of TRU website
Re: Masterpiece Starscream: Possible Next Toys R Us Exclusive (1653480)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 19th, 2015 @ 7:51pm CST
"This awesome Starscream figure is a massive force for evil in robot mode with a blaster on each arm and an appetite for destruction. "

Image

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK #1 var foil Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230655 (CA)Hughes 240415B"
SENSATIONAL SHE-HU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #252 Facsimile foil Marvel Comics 2024 ptg OCT230971 Frenz"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #255 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg FEB240720 (CA) Frenz"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MILES MORALES SPIDER-MAN #19 Marvel Comics 2020 APR200992 (CA) Garron 231222Q"
MILES MORALES SPID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPIDER-MAN STORM POWER MAN #1 Marvel Comics Group 1982 240317A"
SPIDER-MAN STORM P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2022 FEB220789 (CA) Charest"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #32 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2023 JUN230973 (CA) Gleason"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INCREDIBLE HULK #181 facsimile Marvel Comics 2023 ptg MAY230702 (CA) Trimpe"
INCREDIBLE HULK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Spider-Man 2099 EXODUS #2 var connecting Marvel Comics 2022 MAR220906 (CA) Lim"
Spider-Man 2099 EX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE SPIDER-MAN #3 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2022 FEB220928 (CA) Bandini 220607B"
SAVAGE SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Amazing Spider-Man DAILY BUGLE #1 Marvel Comics 2020 (CA) Bagley NOV190841"
Amazing Spider-Man ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FCBD 2023 SPIDER-MAN + VENOM Marvel Comics DEC220013 (CA) Gleason"
FCBD 2023 SPIDER-M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Spider-Man 2099 EXODUS #3 var connecting Marvel Comics 2022 APR220809 (CA) Lim"
Spider-Man 2099 EX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #11 Marvel Comics 2023 JAN230954 (CA) Bartel (W) Rowell (A) Genolet"
SHE-HULK #11 Marve ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #354 - Identity Crisis
Twincast / Podcast #354:
"Identity Crisis"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, July 13th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON