Maximum Dinobots and RotF Alliance Comic 5 page previews

Maximum Dinobots and RotF Alliance Comic 5 page previews

Sunday, February 15th, 2009 4:30pm CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 22,448

IDW Publishing's Editor-in-Chief has updated his blog RyallTime with 5 page previews for Maximum Dinobots #3 and Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Movie prequel: Alliance #3, both issues to be released this week.

Both previews include both covers, as well as 5 pages of interior Art.

Maximum Dinobots #3 continues to Follow Grimlock as he battles against Scorponok and the Machination. Written by long time Transformers Scribe Simon Furman, with Nick Roche on Art duties.

Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Movie prequel: Alliance #3 chronicles the events that occur in the gap between the first and second live action movie. Penned by Chris Mowry, with Alex Milne on art duties.

To check out the 5 page previews, follow the links from RyallTime, or to view the Previews directly, please click here for Maximum Dinobots #3, and click here for Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Movie prequel: Alliance #3.

Credit(s): Chris Ryall

Re: Maximum Dinobots and RotF Alliance Comic 5 page previews (884726)
Posted by Star_ling on February 15th, 2009 @ 5:32pm CST
Re: Maximum Dinobots and RotF Alliance Comic 5 page previews (884738)
Posted by MYoung23 on February 15th, 2009 @ 6:16pm CST
Star_ling wrote:I no Dinobot fan but MD is really interesting for only 3 issues. To anyone who knows is Maximum Dinobots and All Hail Megatron in the same continuity as each other and Megatron Origins or is it TBD?

Yes, they are all in continuity as of right now. MD takes place before AHM.

We all know Shockwave is going to find a way to get that bomb out of his head.
Re: Maximum Dinobots and RotF Alliance Comic 5 page previews (884747)
Posted by Star_ling on February 15th, 2009 @ 7:06pm CST
MYoung23 wrote:

Yes, they are all in continuity as of right now. MD takes place before AHM.

We all know Shockwave is going to find a way to get that bomb out of his head.

Yeah but still manage to get himself killed in the remaining 3 issues. I'm 95% sure of it.
Re: Maximum Dinobots and RotF Alliance Comic 5 page previews (884921)
Posted by Oilspill on February 16th, 2009 @ 9:07am CST
Can't wait for the TPB (since that's when I'll read it). Loved the Cybertronian alt modes in the preview for #1 back around Christmas and looking forward to seeing Furman continue to tell stories in the universe he's built.
Re: Maximum Dinobots and RotF Alliance Comic 5 page previews (885019)
Posted by T-Macksimus on February 16th, 2009 @ 1:58pm CST
MYoung23 wrote:

Yes, they are all in continuity as of right now. MD takes place before AHM.

I thought AHM was a 12 issue stand alone, "What If...?" series.
The events in MD seem to be congruent with the "Infiltration" thru "Devastation" series which is in continuity with the Megatron:Origins and several of the Spotlight issues.
I hope someone can help me confirm or deny 'cause I don't have the time to go through all of those back issues and my headache isn't going to allow me to focus on the print anyway. :P
Re: Maximum Dinobots and RotF Alliance Comic 5 page previews (885091)
Posted by i_amtrunks on February 16th, 2009 @ 3:56pm CST
Re: Maximum Dinobots and RotF Alliance Comic 5 page previews (886509)
Posted by Tigertrack on February 19th, 2009 @ 8:49am CST
Re: Maximum Dinobots and RotF Alliance Comic 5 page previews (886555)
Posted by T-Macksimus on February 19th, 2009 @ 10:30am CST
i_amtrunks wrote:According to IDW Max Dino's and AHM are both in full continuity with all the "-tion" books, Stormbringer and Megatron Origins.

Thanks for getting my curiosity up. I finally pulled out my collection and sure enough, I had missed the little box at the bottom on AHM#1 where it said "One year later". I appreciate being pointed back in the right direction. :grin:
Re: Maximum Dinobots and RotF Alliance Comic 5 page previews (886614)
Posted by Energon on February 19th, 2009 @ 12:36pm CST
tigertracks 24 wrote:Anybody else find their local comic shops didn't get any of the IDW they were supposed to this week? I was quite frustrated.

According to the IDW forums, one of the three Diamond distributors did not get their shipment in time to get them out this week.
Re: Maximum Dinobots and RotF Alliance Comic 5 page previews (886615)
Posted by Firebird on February 19th, 2009 @ 12:38pm CST
Energon wrote:

Must have been the center that delivers to the North East.

My shop said they will be getting the book in next week. :-(
Re: Maximum Dinobots and RotF Alliance Comic 5 page previews (886856)
Posted by Tigertrack on February 19th, 2009 @ 8:12pm CST
Firebird wrote:
Energon wrote:

Must have been the center that delivers to the North East.

My shop said they will be getting the book in next week. :-(

Yeah me too. I got a little rude with the clerk, because I know that they were supposed to come out. I had to apologize, and eat crow... Damn Diamond... I mean I can wait, it was just inconvenient and caused me to take issue with a person who did not need it taken with them.
Re: Maximum Dinobots and RotF Alliance Comic 5 page previews (887564)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 21st, 2009 @ 5:30am CST
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Firebird wrote:
Energon wrote:

Must have been the center that delivers to the North East.

My shop said they will be getting the book in next week. :-(

I'm still waiting for Max Dinos #2 and Ghost Busters the other side #3 and #4 :MAD:
I still get AHM which makes me even more mad as I hate that and want to read the other stuff. I am so done with this shit hole of a comic publisher.
Re: Maximum Dinobots and RotF Alliance Comic 5 page previews (887616)
Posted by Energon on February 21st, 2009 @ 8:35am CST
Dead Metal wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Firebird wrote:
Energon wrote:

Must have been the center that delivers to the North East.

My shop said they will be getting the book in next week. :-(

I hated to quote all that, but it is relevant. There was a problem with distributing Max Dino's 2 and that was due to the issue being sold out and individual comic book stores not pre-ordering and when they did order some found their order not filled. There is almost enough orders to do a second printing of MD2 according to the IDW forums.

I would blame possibly a late trucker who may or may not be employed by Diamond for the most recent problem.

Anyway, with the treatment of the Revelations series and the subsequent need for a Patch called Coda (Why couldn't have AHM just been a different series altogher), I am totally done with IDW at the end of Max Dino's. I expected Max Dinos to be nice and paced like Infiltration, but it turns out to be a condensed wrap up just like the 4 part revelation/expansion was and is not what I want to read.

I think AHM is just awful.
Re: Maximum Dinobots and RotF Alliance Comic 5 page previews (887667)
Posted by Firebird on February 21st, 2009 @ 10:29am CST

And I also agree with you Energon about AHM. Coda might as well be called AHM Retcon.
Re: Maximum Dinobots and RotF Alliance Comic 5 page previews (887724)
Posted by Energon on February 21st, 2009 @ 1:19pm CST
[quote="Firebird"]Yea, I agree that it kinda sucks that Max Dinos is a wrap-up. But at least the art is really good! :D

quote]

Nick Roches art is great and I appreciate that Simon was trying to finish up a few loose ends for us and not leave us hanging. It is IDW that I blame for him having to do that.

Oh well, I have already moved on to other stuff.
Re: Maximum Dinobots and RotF Alliance Comic 5 page previews (887763)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 21st, 2009 @ 2:51pm CST
The problem with comic the excuse with the comic book stores not ordering in time is, my comic book store ordered that issue 2 months before it was released like every import comic.

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Legion Class Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Grimlock Turbo Changer (2016) Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Super 7 Transformers Reaction 2020 Target Exclusive Gold Armor Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Jetfire Hasbro War for Cybertron Commander Class WFC S28 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege WFC-S63 Soundblaster 35th Anniversary NEW!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise Voyager Class Autobot Bulkhead NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots BLURR. 2015 NIP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Mini-Con Blizzard Strike Slipstream Figure" on EBAY