McDonald's Happy Meal Cyberverse Toys Rebranded as Bumblebee Movie Toys for US

Transformers News: McDonald's Happy Meal Cyberverse Toys Rebranded as Bumblebee Movie Toys for US

Monday, September 17th, 2018 4:36PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 20,569

The next Happy Meal theme in the US was said to be the Transformers: Bumblebee movie, at least for the "boys" toys. As it turns out, fellow Seibertronian xRotorstormx has found these Happy Meal toys today and it turns out these are not specifically for the Bumblebee movie. They are instead Cyberverse themed toys, the same previously found elsewhere in th world. However, for their distribution in th US, McDonalds chose to rebrand them under the Bumblebee movie.

Here are some images below alog with a video (mute it for the sake of your eardrums).

Enjoy!

Here is the line up
Optimus Prime
Bumblebee (in vehicle and robot mode)
Starscream
Windblade
Megatron
Grimlock
Shockwave

Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Cyberverse Toys Rebranded as Bumblebee Movie Toys for US (1984472)
Posted by Emerje on September 17th, 2018 @ 5:04pm CDT
I might have to get that Windblade off eBay...

Emerje
Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Cyberverse Toys Rebranded as Bumblebee Movie Toys for US (1984478)
Posted by That_Guy on September 17th, 2018 @ 5:44pm CDT
My son got Bumblebee today. Lol
Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Cyberverse Toys Rebranded as Bumblebee Movie Toys for US (1984488)
Posted by william-james88 on September 17th, 2018 @ 7:10pm CDT
Emerje wrote:I might have to get that Windblade off eBay...

Emerje

You dont live nearby a McDonalds ?
Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Cyberverse Toys Rebranded as Bumblebee Movie Toys for US (1984526)
Posted by Emerje on September 17th, 2018 @ 10:51pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Emerje wrote:I might have to get that Windblade off eBay...

Emerje

You dont live nearby a McDonalds ?

Maybe if I had a kid with me I wouldn't hesitate to buy directly from them, but as a lone adult? Nope, that's a little too embarrassing. :oops: I could just take a chance and order some Happy Meals through the app. Last time I bought I happy meal in person there wasn't a toy in it, I think they figured out what I was doing and thought they'd play a trick on me. :roll:

Emerje
Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Cyberverse Toys Rebranded as Bumblebee Movie Toys for US (1984530)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 17th, 2018 @ 11:08pm CDT
Emerje wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Emerje wrote:I might have to get that Windblade off eBay...

Emerje

You dont live nearby a McDonalds ?

Just order the happy meal to go as though you were merely picking it up for someone else younger. Let 'em think you have a son or nephew that the meal and toy are really for.

My mom and dad would stop on their way home to get happy meals for me in cases where they knew there was a happy meal toy I wanted but couldn't be with them in person to get it at the time. Let 'em think you one of those parents/uncles/etc. who picks up happy meals for their youngster(s) on their way home to see the kid(s).
Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Cyberverse Toys Rebranded as Bumblebee Movie Toys for US (1984531)
Posted by Emerje on September 17th, 2018 @ 11:14pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Emerje wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Emerje wrote:I might have to get that Windblade off eBay...

Emerje

You dont live nearby a McDonalds ?

Just order the happy meal to go as though you were just picking it up for someone else younger. Let 'em think you have a son or nephew that the meal and toy are really for.

That's what I said, last time I did that there was no toy. I'll try my chances with the app, they tend to be cheaper on there anyway.

Emerje
Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Cyberverse Toys Rebranded as Bumblebee Movie Toys for US (1984569)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 18th, 2018 @ 5:12am CDT
Dammit, are you guys a bunch of children?

When I want a friggin HM toy, I order my usual meal (or none at all if not hungry), then I ask the clerk, "what do you have? Show me." She show me all the toys available, I chose the ones I want, I pay, I leave. No need to buy any food.

If you're not embarrassed to buy toys at a toy store, it should be the same at McDonald's.
I remember being embarrassed buying toys some decade ago. Then I "grew up".

Your turn, C.S Lewis.

Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Cyberverse Toys Rebranded as Bumblebee Movie Toys for US (1984579)
Posted by xRotorstormx on September 18th, 2018 @ 7:18am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Emerje wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Emerje wrote:I might have to get that Windblade off eBay...

Emerje

You dont live nearby a McDonalds ?

I walked right in, told some lady to move so I could take these photos (politely of course) and walked right up to the counter and said "I just want to buy some of the transformers toys" :lol: You don't even need to buy the actual happy meal anymore, you can purchase the toys separately.

I may be 32 but dang it, I want my toys! ;)^
Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Cyberverse Toys Rebranded as Bumblebee Movie Toys for US (1984583)
Posted by william-james88 on September 18th, 2018 @ 8:30am CDT
Emerje wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Emerje wrote:I might have to get that Windblade off eBay...

Emerje

You dont live nearby a McDonalds ?

Emerje

Just do what I used to do. Go to the counter, tell them your kid collects these and you want to know whch ones they have. And then buy your windblade :)
Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Cyberverse Toys Rebranded as Bumblebee Movie Toys for US (1984720)
Posted by Emerje on September 19th, 2018 @ 1:29am CDT
So I tried to covertly buy a couple Happy Meals tonight and wouldn't you know it they were sold out because it's national cheeseburger day. That's my luck. :lol:

Emerje
Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Cyberverse Toys Rebranded as Bumblebee Movie Toys for US (1985146)
Posted by Va'al on September 21st, 2018 @ 12:56am CDT
As you will have seen in our previous stories such as this one, the McDonald's Happy Meal free toy gifts under the Transformers brand are definitely not about Cyberverse but the upcoming Bumblebee Movie - as the latest promo video from the company confirms.

The clip, embedded below, shows the new designed VW Bumblebee partaking of the meal with a bunch of kids, as well as the interaction with smart devices for the game based on the minifigures. Check it out, and join the conversation in the Energon Pub discussion boards!

Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Cyberverse Toys Rebranded as Bumblebee Movie Toys for US (1985184)
Posted by Marcdachamp on September 21st, 2018 @ 8:54am CDT
That's a really cute promo. Definitely need Bumblebee and maybe Starscream and Grimlock.
Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Cyberverse Toys Rebranded as Bumblebee Movie Toys for US (1985842)
Posted by Rysquad on September 24th, 2018 @ 8:38pm CDT
A bit bummed that baseball season is ending.

They have a promo where if your local team had a shutout after the sixth inning, you get a free six piece. Pair this with a $3.00 4-piece McNugget Happy Meal and you basically get a small 10-piece meal for $3.00 (with a toy!)

I'm actually quite shocked that there are adults that are embarrassed to buy Happy Meals.
Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Cyberverse Toys Rebranded as Bumblebee Movie Toys for US (1985845)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 24th, 2018 @ 8:39pm CDT
Rysquad wrote:I'm actually quite shocked that there are adults that are afraid to buy Happy Meals.

I usually skip the meal part and just get the "happy". [-(
Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Cyberverse Toys Rebranded as Bumblebee Movie Toys for US (2034353)
Posted by Stargrave on August 13th, 2019 @ 10:45am CDT
Are you in Japan? Are you hungering for your choice of a burger or nuggets, small fries or fruit, and a small drink? Do you have a hidden shadow Transformers collection of Happy Meals toys that you keep mostly on the down low out of fear of being judged by your fellow collectors? Oh don't worry, we all have those, you're amongst friends here. And right now if you're an aficionado of the Kid's Meal accessory flair then this will be of interest to you. McDonald’s Japan has posted to their website an update of their upcoming Happy Meal promotion called Happy Set All Star.

To beat the summer heat these 'all stars' are water shooting squirt guns in the shape of popular characters from various Japanese franchises like Shinkalion, Hyper Rescue, and of course, Transformers in the form of a chibi Optimus Prime! Who squirts! Um, from his, lower...area. Optimus squirts his mighty stream at a blank Autobot insignia that reveals the familiar red face of Auto-embarrassment as our noble fearless hero in red and blue drains himself on the Autobrand. Leave the reverence at the door people.

Also shown on the website are little squirt gun versions of popular Takara train sets the 923 Doctor Yellow, the C12 Steam Locomotive, and also a Nissan NV350 Caravan Ambulance and a UD Trucks Quon mixer truck. What's interesting to note about these last two vehicles is they look remarkably like Takara Diaclone originals shown below. These were the original versions of G1 classics Ratchet and Mixmaster.

There's even a commercial showing off Optimus' deluge destroyer:

The website says the promotion will run from August 16th to August 22nd. If you're in the area and in the market for a tasty treat and a suggestive squirt gun then happy hunting fellow Seibertronians! Post your thoughts in the forum and as always stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!
Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Cyberverse Toys Rebranded as Bumblebee Movie Toys for US (2034359)
Posted by Cobotron on August 13th, 2019 @ 11:12am CDT
Stargrave wrote:... Optimus squirts his mighty stream ... fearless hero in red and blue drains himself on the Autobrand.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Best thing I've read all day!!!

I so want this Baby Prime Goes Wee Wee doll! :APPLAUSE: :lol:

since it looks like these represent a multitude of Tak/Tom properties, I wonder if the ambulance and other vehicles are actually from this line?
Tomica
Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Cyberverse Toys Rebranded as Bumblebee Movie Toys for US (2034377)
Posted by william-james88 on August 13th, 2019 @ 12:53pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:
Tomica

I personally preffer to imagine them as an homage to their diaclone toys of the past.
Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Cyberverse Toys Rebranded as Bumblebee Movie Toys for US (2034382)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 13th, 2019 @ 1:08pm CDT
They're Tomica-branded, Tomica's licenses has helped facilitate the ones for Masterpiece :)

So we have Plarail, Tomica, Shinkalion, Transformers and Hyper Rescue. Nice variety of brands.
Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Cyberverse Toys Rebranded as Bumblebee Movie Toys for US (2034387)
Posted by Cobotron on August 13th, 2019 @ 1:22pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
Tomica

Well I do too! Good thing we have functioning imaginations! ;)^
Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Cyberverse Toys Rebranded as Bumblebee Movie Toys for US (2034390)
Posted by Stargrave on August 13th, 2019 @ 1:27pm CDT
I tried and tried to avoid innuendo but after I rewrote it so many times I just gave into the stream. Sometimes man, they just write themselves. :lol: I’m writing saying aloud this is not my doing you know I blame McDonald’sgrumblegrumble...robblerobble...

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #230 - The Search for Convoy
"The Search for Convoy"
Posted: Sunday, September 15th, 2019

Buy "DECEPTICON BERSERKER PREMIER EDITION TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Toys Studio Series 40 Deluxe Transformers: Bumblebee Shatter Figure" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2019 Transformers TCG Card Game Blaster vs. Soundwave Hasbro Exclusive LE" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers SS-13 Shadow Raider Robot Toy Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ~ NOVASTAR ACTION FIGURE ~ Deluxe Class ~ Power of the Primes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Studio Series - Shadow Raider - #17" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Beast Hunters Predacon Rising Darksteel Voyagers class MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1985 Transformers G1 Headstrong Guns Predacon Hasbro" on EBAY