Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases

Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases

Thursday, April 30th, 2015 12:36pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 24,577

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The Robots in Disguise App update which brought us the first image of Megatronus, also brought lots of other updates. This was my first time using the app, and while some new character classes do not seem associated to toys (such as the Champions, Desert Optimus and Cybertron Underbite ), there is a section which shows which toys have been unlocked. This section gives us a good idea at the toys that will probably be released. There are several repeating themes, such as a “Gold” Grimlock which sports a deco akin to G1, a night Bumblebee which has been a constant stealth deco since the first movie, and “clash” decos which point towards more evidence of a rumoured “Clash of the Transformers” subline. The more notable redeco is an Ultra Magnus using the Optimus Prime Legion mold. There is also another unannounced class that appears, along with the Ultra Class, called Titan Changer. This last one is a head scratcher since so far, Titan meant a non transforming class of toys. This may be another simplified toy class to go with the Hyperchange line.

Also, pictures provided by autobase aichi (who also took pictures of the other character variants) show Megatronus’ alt mode. Since the Megatronus character is unlockable in the game and can be transformed in game, the blogger unlocked him and snapped a photo of his alt mode (I didn’t have enough points to unlock). The alt mode seems to be a cybertonian tank (gasp!).

One Step

One step Night Bumblebee
One Step Ninja Sideswipe
One step Patrol Strongarm
One Step Gold Grimlock
One Step Optimus

Warrior

Warrior Night Bumblebee
Warrior Clash Bumblebee
Warrior Clash Sideswipe
Warrior Clash Optimus
Warrior Gold Grimlock
Warrior Megatronus

Titan Changer

Titan Changer Bumblebee
Titan Changer Optimus

Stomp and Chomp Grimlock

Ultra Megatronus

Legion

Legion Night Bumblebee
Legion Alpine Sideswipe
Legion Patrol Strongarm
Legion Ultra Magnus
Legion Clash Optimus
Legion Clash Underbite
Legion Megatronus

Transformers News: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases

Transformers News: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases

Transformers News: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases

Transformers News: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases

Transformers News: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases

Transformers News: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases

Transformers News: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases

Transformers News: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases

Transformers News: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases

Transformers News: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases

Transformers News: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases

Transformers News: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases

Transformers News: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases

Transformers News: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases

Transformers News: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases

Transformers News: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases

Transformers News: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases

Transformers News: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases

Transformers News: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases

Credit(s): Autobase Aichi and RID App


This article was last modified on Thursday, April 30th, 2015 12:41pm CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases (1680851)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 30th, 2015 @ 1:05pm CDT
So Megatronus will be a deluxe-class H-tank? Meh. Why are there no "voyager" scale figures in this line?
Re: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases (1680857)
Posted by william-james88 on April 30th, 2015 @ 1:13pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:So Megatronus will be a deluxe-class H-tank? Meh. Why are there no "voyager" scale figures in this line?


He is getting an Ultra Figure too. It was described in the list and there is a picture of it here: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/first-image-of-megatronus-and-new-robots-in-disguise-toys-and-classes-hinted-in-the-app/32798/

Also, since Grimlock and Optimus are also available in "deluxe" class, we need a megatronus in that same class to scale with them.
Re: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases (1680864)
Posted by Deadput on April 30th, 2015 @ 1:20pm CDT
Guys Prowl was going to be in the first episode but his scene was cut and here is my evidence a tweet from one of the show's staff.



https://twitter.com/Waltdog/status/576865748368273408
Re: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases (1680865)
Posted by Deadput on April 30th, 2015 @ 1:22pm CDT
Poor Ultra-Magnus being reduced to a repaint of Optimus and not getting his own section and being in the Optimus section.
Re: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases (1680867)
Posted by william-james88 on April 30th, 2015 @ 1:23pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:Guys Prowl was going to be in the first episode but his scene was cut and here is my evidence a tweet from one of the show's staff.



https://twitter.com/Waltdog/status/576865748368273408


Sure, but that doesnt mean there would have been a toy of him. There isn't toy of every decepticon yet and no toy of Micronus. It turns out that when you look at this app correctly, the Ironhide and Prowl characters are not yet confirmed as being unlockable through a toy purchase.
Re: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases (1680876)
Posted by Deadput on April 30th, 2015 @ 1:34pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Sure, but that doesnt mean there would have been a toy of him. There isn't toy of every decepticon yet and no toy of Micronus. It turns out that when you look at this app correctly, the Ironhide and Prowl characters are not yet confirmed as being unlockable through a toy purchase.




I never said they were going to be toys.



I'm just saying that Prowl was going to be in the first episode which means he had a rid design made for him and I can see Prowl showing up in season 2 or something like that with Ironhide.
Re: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases (1680877)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 30th, 2015 @ 1:43pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
I never said they were going to be toys.

I'm just saying that Prowl was going to be in the first episode which means he had a rid design made for him and I can see Prowl showing up in season 2 or something like that with Ironhide.


The thread is called "Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread", and it on the Transformers Toys Discussion board, in the Transformers Toys Forums. >:oP
Re: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases (1680881)
Posted by Deadput on April 30th, 2015 @ 1:57pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:
The thread is called "Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread", and it on the Transformers Toys Discussion board, in the Transformers Toys Forums. >:oP




And I'm stating facts regarding to the Prowl who was revealed in the app.



Not sure how its not related to the thread when I'm on subject.
Re: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases (1680882)
Posted by william-james88 on April 30th, 2015 @ 1:57pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
I never said they were going to be toys.

I'm just saying that Prowl was going to be in the first episode which means he had a rid design made for him and I can see Prowl showing up in season 2 or something like that with Ironhide.


The thread is called "Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread", and it on the Transformers Toys Discussion board, in the Transformers Toys Forums. >:oP


Yeah, thats why I assumed you were talking about the toys. If you want to talk about the show itself and who is in it and who isnt, please go to this thread. Dont feel like I am forcing you to do something or not, I just want to avoid confusion and I want to avoid more cases people telling you that this isn't the thread for that kind of conversation.
Re: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases (1680885)
Posted by Deadput on April 30th, 2015 @ 2:00pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Yeah, thats why I assumed you were talking about the toys. If you want to talk about the show itself and who is in it and who isnt, please go to this thread. Dont feel like I am forcing you to do something or not, I just want to avoid confusion and I want to avoid more cases people telling you that this isn't the thread for that kind of conversation.



But I'm talking about the Prowl that was revealed in this thread.



I did mention it on the show thread but no one noticed.
Re: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases (1680887)
Posted by william-james88 on April 30th, 2015 @ 2:07pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Yeah, thats why I assumed you were talking about the toys. If you want to talk about the show itself and who is in it and who isnt, please go to this thread. Dont feel like I am forcing you to do something or not, I just want to avoid confusion and I want to avoid more cases people telling you that this isn't the thread for that kind of conversation.



But I'm talking about the Prowl that was revealed in this thread.



I did mention it on the show thread but no one noticed.


A possible Prowl toy was revealed in this thread (turns out, probably not), NOT that Prowl would be appearing on the show (which is what you are writing about). When new age of extinction toys were announced, the toy thread discussed the toys while the thread about the film talked about what the toy reveals meant for the movie. This is the same thing. While the interest in your post on the other thread may have been little, writing it again in this thread will get an even lower response since the people coming to this thread are discussing the toys and NOT the show. In fact, as you noticed, it just gets the response that you are posting in the wrong thread. You can do as you wish, but if you hope for a discussion on anything show related, you probably wont find it here.
Re: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases (1680894)
Posted by weebot17 on April 30th, 2015 @ 2:15pm CDT
Does anyone else notice that :CON: Megatronus has the same body shape as :BOT: Optimus Prime? I sense the use of the same mold for the toy!
Re: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases (1680896)
Posted by Deadput on April 30th, 2015 @ 2:17pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
A possible Prowl toy was revealed in this thread (turns out, probably not), NOT that Prowl would be appearing on the show (which is what you are writing about). When new age of extinction toys were announced, the toy thread discussed the toys while the thread about the film talked about what the toy reveals meant for the movie. This is the same thing. While the interest in your post on the other thread may have been little, writing it again in this thread will get an even lower response since the people coming to this thread are discussing the toys and NOT the show. In fact, as you noticed, it just gets the response that you are posting in the wrong thread. You can do as you wish, but if you hope for a discussion on anything show related, you probably wont find it here.




Sorry about that my lesson has been learned.




Just trying to bring in some discussion.
Re: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases (1680898)
Posted by william-james88 on April 30th, 2015 @ 2:20pm CDT
weebot17 wrote:Does anyone else notice that :CON: Megatronus has the same body shape as :BOT: Optimus Prime? I sense the use of the same mold for the toy!


But his alt mode was confirmed to be a H tank, which is not what Optimus' alt mode is. In any case, Drift, Bumblebee and Jazz all seem to have similar shapes but they are all different molds afterall.
Re: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases (1680903)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on April 30th, 2015 @ 2:34pm CDT
I like Grimlock in green and black, but I am far more down for the G1 Gold warrior version. I may get both. Also Clash Optimus looks similar to Cybertron's deluxe Armada Prime.
Re: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases (1680934)
Posted by PrymeStriker on April 30th, 2015 @ 3:18pm CDT
Holy shit that's a lot of repaints.
Re: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases (1680938)
Posted by william-james88 on April 30th, 2015 @ 3:25pm CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:Holy **** that's a lot of repaints.


I was thinking that too but then I looked at the Prime Line and realized that it was pretty similar. Most of the Beast Hunters line was just retools, Bee had his night deco there too, and between Takara and Hasbro, there were a bunch of seekers and both Prime and Kup just using different colors.

And there was a truckload of Voyager Megatron redecos (and even a bunch of redecos of the cyberverse class). While this looks like a lot, there is a definite precedent for it and its just max 2 per mold, which is what combiner wars is doing too. Legion, one step, and warrior bee are all getting at least on redeco, so it looks like A LOT, but they are different molds. Still, it gives me vibes of the swarm that took over the movie lines.

I actually find it super cool how we get a hint of how different the toy is from the models shown. Looking at one step optimus, we can see the vehicle halves hanging in back of his shoulders.
Re: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases (1680944)
Posted by william-james88 on April 30th, 2015 @ 3:35pm CDT
Also, making a prediction that those Clash of the Transformers redecos will be similar to what Takara is doing with their 2 packs. It will be 2 packs featuring exclusive redecos, dont know if they will be store exclusives though (they might be).
Re: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases (1680952)
Posted by Tsutsukakushi on April 30th, 2015 @ 4:33pm CDT
Looking forward to that bigger Megatronus toy. Wishing it is Leader class and has a fully articulated robot mode.
Re: Megatronus Alt Mode Revealed and more Possible Robots in Disguise Product Releases (1680959)
Posted by Shockwave7 on April 30th, 2015 @ 4:59pm CDT
Megatronus' alt mode looks like a combo between TFA shockwave and Prime Shockwave...

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Cyclonus Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #260 - Pulsecon 2020
Twincast / Podcast #260:
"Pulsecon 2020"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 27th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Generations Selects War for Cybertron HUBCAP Boxed Figure WFC-GS13" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hubcap /new" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 35th Anniversary Exclusive Ectotron Ecto-1 Ghostbusters Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Rescan Series BUMBLEBEE 5 Inch Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Rescan Series MEDIX The DOC-BOT 5 Inch Figure" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations Selects Earthrise Greasepit War Cybertron WFC-GS12" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations FOC Fall Cybertron Deluxe Swindle (Bruticus) 100% Comp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations FOC Fall Cybertron Deluxe Vortex (Bruticus) 100% Comp" on EBAY