Member Spotlight - Counterpunch Takes The Seat

Member Spotlight - Counterpunch Takes The Seat

Wednesday, October 1st, 2008 3:30am CDT

Categories: Site Articles, People News, Interviews
Posted by: Stormrider   Views: 13,170

The voice of reality, Counterpunch, has been delving into the dark recesses of fellow Seibertron members - probing their secrets and revealing stories from their childhood. Tonight, the table has been turned and we sit down with Seibertron's own double agent and look into his past. We'll see how far we can push his mind to the knife edge.

Click here for the interview.

Credit(s): Seibertron

This article was last modified on Wednesday, October 1st, 2008 3:34am CDT

Re: Member Spotlight - Counterpunch Takes The Seat (799356)
Posted by Tigertrack on October 1st, 2008 @ 4:38am CDT
Nice job. Always good to learn more about Counterpunch.

Great answers.
Re: Member Spotlight - Counterpunch Takes The Seat (799365)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on October 1st, 2008 @ 4:57am CDT
I've known the man for a good few years, and he still manages to surprise me.

Quite the enjoyable read, I must say. An excellent insight into one of our favorite "villains" :3
Re: Member Spotlight - Counterpunch Takes The Seat (799438)
Posted by Gutter Bunny on October 1st, 2008 @ 7:46am CDT
i was hoping these interviews were still occurring. Glad to see the douche got his turn under the microscope :P
Re: Member Spotlight - Counterpunch Takes The Seat (799449)
Posted by Nickolai on October 1st, 2008 @ 8:04am CDT
Your 'Why I Love Transformers' articles are among the best forum posts I'd seen this year anywhere online. Inspired me to go for completing AEC at some point in the future.

BTW, I see the Photobucket collection belongs to 'Daidoji Kage'. L5Red much?
Re: Member Spotlight - Counterpunch Takes The Seat (799453)
Posted by Counterpunch on October 1st, 2008 @ 8:11am CDT
Nickolai wrote:BTW, I see the Photobucket collection belongs to 'Daidoji Kage'. L5Red much?

I am OLD school L5R.

I fought to rescue Hoturi. I had a full play set of Crimson and Jade. I was there for the battle of the Second Day of Thunder.

I have a Kachiko promo card from the debut GenCon signed by Matt Wilson...

Alas, when we were burglarized last year, my L5R card collection was massacred. They stole the box with my complete character card set and my action card box. :|
Re: Member Spotlight - Counterpunch Takes The Seat (799468)
Posted by Trale Strife on October 1st, 2008 @ 8:52am CDT
Re: Member Spotlight - Counterpunch Takes The Seat (799470)
Posted by Counterpunch on October 1st, 2008 @ 8:53am CDT
Trale Strife wrote:Counterpunch rules because he shares 2 of my biggest passions...TF/toy collecting and STREET FIGHTER!!! Awesome...anyways frickin sick collection man and displayed beautifuly, must be a blast dusting etc haha. Hopefully someday we shall meet in a duel to the death...via SF4 online of course! :twisted:

I await your challenge warrior.

Re: Member Spotlight - Counterpunch Takes The Seat (799472)
Posted by SoundStang on October 1st, 2008 @ 8:57am CDT
That was a great read... I am glad to be one of the few to have seen his collection in person... It is quite impressive....
Re: Member Spotlight - Counterpunch Takes The Seat (799473)
Posted by Nickolai on October 1st, 2008 @ 9:01am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:

I am OLD school L5R.

I have a Kachiko promo card from the debut GenCon signed by Matt Wilson...

I meant, L5R should have died a decade ago. They're not just beating a dead horse anymore, that thing is downright skeletal already. I was WAY into it 1996-1998. I loved the supercrazy broken stuff like Lion killing 2 provinces before you could take your turn, that OVERPOWERED (understatement) ho-bag Osugi, the fact that Crab were super popular but basically godawful, allowing for many tourney wins. :grin: I spent all my allowance and lots of holiday money on that game up until ToV.
Re: Member Spotlight - Counterpunch Takes The Seat (799481)
Posted by Counterpunch on October 1st, 2008 @ 9:13am CDT
Not like I'm shy, but here are the obligatory 'in person' pics:

Nickolai wrote:Oh man, exactly the same as me L5R-wise AND a 2d fighter fanatic? Seriously, almost all I did during 2001-2002 was play CvS2. It took me a year and a half to get shoshosho and paint perfect. :sad:

I've always been an A3 person and for a time I was formidable at 3S. I've backed off those two a lot and settled down with ST. ST is all about fundamentals and I don't have time to practice genai jinn or VCs anymore...

I and a few others around me are some of the best KOF MIRA players in the country. :oops: We promote the hell out of that game.

Interestingly enough on the L5R thing...the one tournement I won I had planned to play an LSD deck. Last minute I shifted to Crab Oni and went undefeated.

The Crane is my clan though. I could just not ever play the style that would let them win at tournements. As the results counted to story, I just didn't want to whore them out to the honor arches. I wanted more Iron Crane stuff...(so I lost :) )

Osugi rules. Making her Unique was a bitch move. :grin:
Re: Member Spotlight - Counterpunch Takes The Seat (799498)
Posted by Nickolai on October 1st, 2008 @ 9:34am CDT
Ah KoF. I miss it. I was pretty damn good at 95, 98, 01 and 03. Those are all we basically got here. I have no idea where the franchise went after 04.

98 was my specialty though. I liked start-Terry, start-Yashiro and the most imba character of all time (seriously, don't bring him back ever if you can't really fix him) Goro. Goro was hands down just... defies description. I've killed more entire teams with just Goro than I spent tokens total on 98.

Downforward C - obscene.
D, downforward C, superthrow - disgusting
Downforward C, roll, downforward C, roll, Earth shake - yuck
Just standing there and poking with B and D - horrible
Re: Member Spotlight - Counterpunch Takes The Seat (799517)
Posted by olokin on October 1st, 2008 @ 10:08am CDT
Re: Member Spotlight - Counterpunch Takes The Seat (799536)
Posted by Counterpunch on October 1st, 2008 @ 10:38am CDT
olokin wrote:This was a great interview. Nice pics too. Will there be more of this member spotlight?

That's the plan.

Serious inquiries only.
Re: Member Spotlight - Counterpunch Takes The Seat (799574)
Posted by Dead Metal on October 1st, 2008 @ 11:25am CDT
So he started collecting around the same time as me.
Nice interview, will CP be making more of these now?
Re: Member Spotlight - Counterpunch Takes The Seat (799612)
Posted by 1337W422102 on October 1st, 2008 @ 12:02pm CDT
Transformers AND Street Fighter? Epic win. Why aren't more chicks throwing themselves at you??
Re: Member Spotlight - Counterpunch Takes The Seat (799623)
Posted by OPTIMUS MAGNUS on October 1st, 2008 @ 12:08pm CDT
Great read and nice collection CP. Love those "in person" pics lol. sweet set up you got there. :APPLAUSE:
Re: Member Spotlight - Counterpunch Takes The Seat (799631)
Posted by kirbenvost on October 1st, 2008 @ 12:16pm CDT
Awesome interview. Cool to hear about the man himself! You always have such rational and well thought out points of view, Counterpunch. I admire that. And the crazy devotion to minicons. To me they're just an afterthought, an accessory to a larger figure, but you really appreciate them. That's so cool.

Unfortunately I can't view said Collection Of Legend, whatever hosting site they're on seems to be blocked at my workplace. I shall see it later!
Re: Member Spotlight - Counterpunch Takes The Seat (799815)
Posted by Savage on October 1st, 2008 @ 3:38pm CDT
Great interview, great collection pics.
And as for what you said about BotCon09, I'm sure it's gonna rock harder than even 07. See ya there!
Re: Member Spotlight - Counterpunch Takes The Seat (799821)
Posted by Burn on October 1st, 2008 @ 3:43pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:

That's the plan.

Serious inquiries only.

ahem ... forgetting something? ;;)
Re: Member Spotlight - Counterpunch Takes The Seat (799845)
Posted by Counterpunch on October 1st, 2008 @ 3:59pm CDT
Burn wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:

That's the plan.

Serious inquiries only.

ahem ... forgetting something? ;;)

Actually no.

You're next up.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers SOUNDWAVE Audio MP3 Player Spark Blue Version Takara Music Label" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Dark of the Moon Backfire Left Rifle Spare Part Accessory 2011" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Highbrow XORT Headmaster  Walmart exclusive wave 2 heroic autobot!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers monxo Headmaster Weirdwolf Wave 2 evil decepticon sealed new!!!" on EBAY
Buy "3 Vtg  Transformers Instruction Booklet Downshift,gridlock,inferno" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Headmasters Chromedome & Stylor" on EBAY
Buy "TransFormers DOTM Human Alliance Autobot BACKFIRE & Spike Witwicky action figure" on EBAY