Metroplex reissue in Legends line listed on Takara Tomy Mall

Transformers News: Metroplex reissue in Legends line listed on Takara Tomy Mall

Thursday, August 10th, 2017 2:36AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: WreckerJack   Views: 16,236

It has come to our attention thanks to Shajaki that Metroplex is being reissued in the Legends line. There is a listing on Takara Tomy Mall which tells us that it should be released late January 2018. It will cost ¥ 27,000 which is about $245 USD. We have included some images below of what Metroplex will look like.

Transformers News: Metroplex reissue in Legends line, listed on Takara Tomy Mall

Credit(s): takaratomymall.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Metroplex reissue in Legends line listed on Takara Tomy Mall (1903356)
Posted by partholon on August 10th, 2017 @ 5:16am CDT
Ah cock.

I just spent a fortune on the Acg Hong Kong version of him.

Ah well least others can get him now. Probably be still very expensive anyway once the import duties are factored in.
Re: Metroplex reissue in Legends line listed on Takara Tomy Mall (1903358)
Posted by Relic0037 on August 10th, 2017 @ 5:20am CDT
With Trips coming out, it only makes sense to reissue this for those that missed him the first time. Hopefully, some U.S. retailers will import him.
Re: Metroplex reissue in Legends line listed on Takara Tomy Mall (1903359)
Posted by Insurgent on August 10th, 2017 @ 5:40am CDT
Kapow has him up for preorder for just shy of £200, so he's still ppricey.
Re: Metroplex reissue in Legends line listed on Takara Tomy Mall (1903365)
Posted by RAR on August 10th, 2017 @ 6:45am CDT
Seems like a bargain compared to the 7-11 Masterpiece.

I like the white top deck - nice and toy accurate. I think to capture my attention I'd want something to be worth re-buying it like some new accessories (like a Titanmaster base adaptor and ramps) and perhaps some new knees even another label sheet for the leg interiors would be nice.

I'm happy with my Acog one though.

I hope they have enough sense to not glue the legs shut on the Fort Max reissue though.

I'm still patiently waiting for a Metro Titan.
Re: Metroplex reissue in Legends line listed on Takara Tomy Mall (1903372)
Posted by Relic0037 on August 10th, 2017 @ 7:20am CDT
RAR wrote:I'm still patiently waiting for a Metro Titan.

I would think that would be an easy one for Takara along with a Grand Maximus, heck Metro Titan would be easier since I'm not sure how they would make a Pretender Shell for Grand. The only drawback would be a smaller percentage of the fan base would be interested in these two, especially with what they would cost.
Re: Metroplex reissue in Legends line listed on Takara Tomy Mall (1903374)
Posted by DestronMirage22 on August 10th, 2017 @ 7:31am CDT
I'm really liking that Overlord. I figured they'd include both Mega and Giga, but the feminine-looking head mode on Mega is a surprise. It'll definitely make for some interesting display options. :-P

I can't wait to read the included manga. It'll be interesting seeing how they bring back the couple (probably a version of them from before they died).
Re: Metroplex reissue in Legends line listed on Takara Tomy Mall (1903379)
Posted by RiddlerJ on August 10th, 2017 @ 8:20am CDT
They need to fix that damn ramp on Metro. I still don't know what they were thinking.
Re: Metroplex reissue in Legends line listed on Takara Tomy Mall (1903383)
Posted by william-james88 on August 10th, 2017 @ 8:47am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:Whew! The tan colored plastic and paint on these official Takara Tomy Mall pics make Blitzwing look much better. The purples used are also a bit darker than what we saw before. What are you thinking now, William-James?

I now think the Takara looks super awesome.

Still going Hasbro for darker purple and lighter beige, but with a purple face, wrong colored tank barrel, and crappy stickers? Or will you now get the Takara version with slightly lighter purple, slighter darker tan, non-purple face, and no crappy stickers?

Yes, unlike with Overlord, I was never torn on Blitzwing. Since in the end the colour scheme (aside from the fucking tank cannon) is similar enough and there isn't anything really impressive it has over hsabro aside from the deco. Plus instead of an extra titanmaster for a different headsculpt ala animated, we get a titanmaster vehicle which I don't need and only raises the price.

After all costs accounted for, I can get a Hasbro Blitzwing plus TM Shuffler for $18.15 USD compared to Takara's Blitzwing for $46.07 USD. Thats 60% off and I get an extra hasbro exclusive titanmaster out of it. So in the end, my initial comment on takara's colours was more in the sense that I really didnt feel like I would be missing out on anything going the hasbro route and now the route doesnt change but I am now doing it as a cost saving measure and not simply by choice of a deco I preffer.

That little excercise I just did (took you guys 5 seconds to read it but a while to calculate) tells me that any american out there wanting to save 10$ is way better of getting their Blitzwing over at AE (http://www.anime-export.com/product/37012) than BBTS. Even with the expensive shipping, you still save at least 10$. Sure, you cant cancel your order and you pay right away but if anyone is sure to get this toy nomatter what, AE is the way to go here.

Oh and here is a similar excercise with Overlord.

Cheapest total cost for Hasbro version for me would be $31.68

Compared cheapest cost for the Legends version being $72.52 (another big difference with BBTS by going AE instead).
Re: Metroplex reissue in Legends line listed on Takara Tomy Mall (1903386)
Posted by DeathReviews on August 10th, 2017 @ 8:55am CDT
Re: Metroplex reissue in Legends line listed on Takara Tomy Mall (1903387)
Posted by Relic0037 on August 10th, 2017 @ 8:58am CDT

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/V ... m_content=
Re: Metroplex reissue in Legends line listed on Takara Tomy Mall (1903389)
Posted by william-james88 on August 10th, 2017 @ 9:00am CDT
DeathReviews wrote:As usual, Takara paints them better. The hasbro version is fairly plain by comparison.

I dont find hasbro's Overlord plain at all. I actually was thrown off by it at first because it was too vibrant by going full G1 toy on it.

RAR wrote:I'm still patiently waiting for a Metro Titan.

Re: Metroplex reissue in Legends line listed on Takara Tomy Mall (1903392)
Posted by Kurona on August 10th, 2017 @ 9:12am CDT
I'm assuming Takara's next wave'll throw in everyone left. Seaspray, Decepticon Clone Set, Jumpstarter Set and Windblade. Seaspray'll probably come with a Titan Master and Windblade with a Titan Master Vehicle.
Re: Metroplex reissue in Legends line listed on Takara Tomy Mall (1903393)
Posted by o.supreme on August 10th, 2017 @ 9:13am CDT
Relic0037 wrote:BBTS has it up for preorder already at $259.99. Better than the scalper eBay prices...

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/V ... m_content=

Nice, finally got my wish granted...sort of. I was really hoping Hasbro would do a rerelease, but $270 is way better than 300-400 for a 2013 version at all different levels of completeness/used condition
Re: Metroplex reissue in Legends line listed on Takara Tomy Mall (1903394)
Posted by Randomhero on August 10th, 2017 @ 9:13am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

RAR wrote:I'm still patiently waiting for a Metro Titan.

Yeah the stickers good quality or bad they do make him pop and the blue outlining on the heat helps.

Hasbros thing is whether you like it or not toy color schemes. Why? Who knows.

I was wondering last night why don't they let Takara partake a little more in the design side. Hasbro is getting the Ginrai retool of PM Optimus and we've gotten wildrider, groove and slingshot and while sometimes it's a cost thing like Prime Breakdown I dont understand why they don't work together on some of the designs. Legends six shot and overlord really don't add anything to the production cost except Overlords second Titan master which if he fine with not getting two from Hasbro is he had one of those faces and that helmet so I don't understand why Takara doesn't pipe in during the early production and say "how about this instead?"
Re: Metroplex reissue in Legends line listed on Takara Tomy Mall (1903395)
Posted by Kurona on August 10th, 2017 @ 9:16am CDT
Re: Metroplex reissue in Legends line listed on Takara Tomy Mall (1903403)
Posted by william-james88 on August 10th, 2017 @ 10:00am CDT
Kurona wrote:I agree. It becomes especially more notable when Takara's paint schemes are very incompatible with the mold and its sculpted details; making the pairing of deco and figure seem a bit... off. I think that's what's put me off a lot of Takara's figures more than anything else. ... aside from, y'know, not having the money :oops:

I agree, that was especially apparent with Soundwave and his forearms which just looked so off.

Anyways, what I find super odd is that when John Warden came onboard, he collaborated with takara like never before in the brand's history with many T30 design being co designs with takara.

List of John Warden collborations with takara:

T30

Brainstorm (with Yūya Ōnishi)
Roadbuster (with Takashi Kunihiro)
Sky-Byte (with Miyake Tomoya, the design was actually 100% Takara)
Jetfire (with Takashi Kunihiro)

Combiner Wars

Ultra Magnus (with Takashi Kunihiro)
Devastator (with Shogo Hasui doing most of it)
Protectobot Hot Spot (with Takashi Kunihiro)
Protectobot Rook (with Shogo Hasui)

And aside from Devastator (which hasbro asked takara to lower the parts count for), none of these have different tooling. So I dont know what gives with the sudden shift.
Re: Metroplex reissue in Legends line listed on Takara Tomy Mall (1903405)
Posted by william-james88 on August 10th, 2017 @ 10:11am CDT
Japanese Twitter users @Gadepon, @JUS_in_FSS and @ripetakobozu have posted our first look at the LG-43 Legends Trypticon box with the finished Trypticon toy perched on top of it. While lighting is always a factor, it really seems like there are no discernible deco difference between this Trypticon and the Hasbro release. Cool box though!

Re: Metroplex reissue in Legends line listed on Takara Tomy Mall (1903406)
Posted by o.supreme on August 10th, 2017 @ 10:29am CDT
*stares at Getter Robo and Great Mazinger toys...* looks right...oh hey Trypticon, neat! ;)
Re: Metroplex reissue in Legends line listed on Takara Tomy Mall (1903407)
Posted by Kurona on August 10th, 2017 @ 10:30am CDT
The Mighty Trypticon, in all his glory... sellotaped to a cardboard box.

"Danger! Please don't touch!" yeah, or else Trypty'll fall on you and smash your head in.
Re: Metroplex reissue in Legends line listed on Takara Tomy Mall (1903408)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 10th, 2017 @ 10:33am CDT
I wonder if the Japanese fandom had yet heard about the QC issues with the Hasbro version of Trypticon. If the Takara version is the same, Japan might be in for a few unpleasant surprises.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #211 - On The Prowl
"On The Prowl"
Posted: Sunday, November 4th, 2018

Buy "Transformers Universe Decepticon HEAVY LOAD Heavyload with Drill Bit Mini-Con" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Voyager Class Heavy Load" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Invasion optimus prime KO generations Voyager size" on EBAY
Buy "NEW - Transformers: Monstrosity by Metzen, Chris; Dille, Flint" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Dinobot SWOOP HEAD BEAK ASSEMBLY Part Lot Weapon Missiles" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe HEAVY LOAD Voyager Class  figure complete no mini con" on EBAY
Buy "New 2012 Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Nova Stinger Bow Airachnid Figure 3"" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BACKFIRE Scout Class 2008 Hasbro Tomy" on EBAY