Mi Pad Soundwave from Hasbro and Xiaomi Available at SDCC 2016 And Fan Expo Canada

Mi Pad Soundwave from Hasbro and Xiaomi Available at SDCC 2016 And Fan Expo Canada

Thursday, July 14th, 2016 11:22am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Hellscream9999   Views: 24,400

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Fellow Seibertronians, following on from the in-hand images of the Mi Pad Soundwave, we now know that Hasbro will be offering the Mi Pad Soundwave Transformers exclusive at San Diego Comic-Con 2016. The tablet will be available at SDCC (July 21-24) and Fan Expo Canada (Sept. 1-4), with a limited number for sale on HasbroToyShop.com following the Con. Check out the images and let us know what you think of it. Will you be getting him at SDCC or are you going to hold out to try and nab him on HTS? Let us know in the comments below.

TRANSFORMERS SOUNDWAVE Tablet
(Ages 8 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $39.99/Available at Booth #3329 at Comic-Con International in San Diego)
TRANSFORMERS continue to push the boundaries in MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE with the introduction of the SOUNDWAVE Tablet, available at 2016 San Diego Comic Con. One of TRANSFORMERS most iconic Decepticons, SOUNDWAVE, comes to life from what appears to be an ordinary mobile tablet. With a few clicks and twists, this seemingly ordinary tablet converts into the extraordinary Decepticon SOUNDWAVE, capable of detecting and jamming Autobot transmissions across the entire energy spectrum. The TRANSFORMERS SOUNDWAVE Tablet will be for sale at San Diego Comic-Con 2016. Following the convention, a limited number will be available on HasbroToyShop.com.


Transformers News: Mi Pad Soundwave from Hasbro and Xiaomi Available at SDCC 2016 And Fan Expo Canada

Transformers News: Mi Pad Soundwave from Hasbro and Xiaomi Available at SDCC 2016 And Fan Expo Canada

Transformers News: Mi Pad Soundwave from Hasbro and Xiaomi Available at SDCC 2016 And Fan Expo Canada

Transformers News: Mi Pad Soundwave from Hasbro and Xiaomi Available at SDCC 2016 And Fan Expo Canada

Transformers News: Mi Pad Soundwave from Hasbro and Xiaomi Available at SDCC 2016 And Fan Expo Canada

Transformers News: Mi Pad Soundwave from Hasbro and Xiaomi Available at SDCC 2016 And Fan Expo Canada

Credit(s): Hasbro


This article was last modified on Thursday, July 14th, 2016 11:44am CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Mi Pad Soundwave from Hasbro and Xiaomi Available at SDCC 2016 And Fan Expo Canada (1805684)
Posted by Braker on July 14th, 2016 @ 6:28pm CDT
Pictured proudly wearing his serial number upon his chest.
Honestly, he looks more like a Gundam than a Soundwave of any kind, but to me that isn't a problem (I love Gundam-style mechs), just don't think it's Soundwave.
Re: Mi Pad Soundwave from Hasbro and Xiaomi Available at SDCC 2016 And Fan Expo Canada (1805687)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 14th, 2016 @ 6:34pm CDT
Braker wrote:Pictured proudly wearing his serial number upon his chest.
Honestly, he looks more like a Gundam than a Soundwave of any kind, but to me that isn't a problem (I love Gundam-style mechs), just don't think it's Soundwave.
The head looks enough like Movieverse Soundwave to me.

The figure even comes with a little Laserbeak/Ratbat-esque winged minion.
Re: Mi Pad Soundwave from Hasbro and Xiaomi Available at SDCC 2016 And Fan Expo Canada (1805705)
Posted by Kurona on July 14th, 2016 @ 7:47pm CDT
Braker wrote:Pictured proudly wearing his serial number upon his chest.
Honestly, he looks more like a Gundam than a Soundwave of any kind, but to me that isn't a problem (I love Gundam-style mechs), just don't think it's Soundwave.

That's my exact thoughts - bar the gundam part considering I've never watched it. It's an amazing looking figure with a great design and fantastic engineering; I just don't quite get 'Soundwave' from it.
I think I'll take to calling him Padlock. Badass name that hasn't been used before, it's derived from a Pad, most systems like these have security hence lock...
Re: Mi Pad Soundwave from Hasbro and Xiaomi Available at SDCC 2016 And Fan Expo Canada (1805712)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 14th, 2016 @ 8:07pm CDT
Looks as much like "Soundwave" as this thing does:

Image
Re: Mi Pad Soundwave from Hasbro and Xiaomi Available at SDCC 2016 And Fan Expo Canada (1805713)
Posted by Kurona on July 14th, 2016 @ 8:08pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Looks as much like "Soundwave" as this thing does:

Image

And I didn't quite enjoy that either.
Re: Mi Pad Soundwave from Hasbro and Xiaomi Available at SDCC 2016 And Fan Expo Canada (1805714)
Posted by Spazonator17 on July 14th, 2016 @ 8:11pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
Braker wrote:Pictured proudly wearing his serial number upon his chest.
Honestly, he looks more like a Gundam than a Soundwave of any kind, but to me that isn't a problem (I love Gundam-style mechs), just don't think it's Soundwave.

That's my exact thoughts - bar the gundam part considering I've never watched it. It's an amazing looking figure with a great design and fantastic engineering; I just don't quite get 'Soundwave' from it.
I think I'll take to calling him Padlock. Badass name that hasn't been used before, it's derived from a Pad, most systems like these have security hence lock...


Not to be that guy, but "Padlock" has been used before, as a character in the G1 Universe and in Energon...

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Padlock_(G1)

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Padlock_(Energon)
Re: Mi Pad Soundwave from Hasbro and Xiaomi Available at SDCC 2016 And Fan Expo Canada (1805715)
Posted by Kurona on July 14th, 2016 @ 8:13pm CDT
Spazonator17 wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Braker wrote:Pictured proudly wearing his serial number upon his chest.
Honestly, he looks more like a Gundam than a Soundwave of any kind, but to me that isn't a problem (I love Gundam-style mechs), just don't think it's Soundwave.

That's my exact thoughts - bar the gundam part considering I've never watched it. It's an amazing looking figure with a great design and fantastic engineering; I just don't quite get 'Soundwave' from it.
I think I'll take to calling him Padlock. Badass name that hasn't been used before, it's derived from a Pad, most systems like these have security hence lock...


Not to be that guy, but "Padlock" has been used before, as a character in the G1 Universe and in Energon...

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Padlock_(G1)

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Padlock_(Energon)

Whoops, meant to say has been used before, lol.
Re: Mi Pad Soundwave from Hasbro and Xiaomi Available at SDCC 2016 And Fan Expo Canada (1805758)
Posted by Zeedust on July 14th, 2016 @ 11:35pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
Spazonator17 wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Braker wrote:Pictured proudly wearing his serial number upon his chest.
Honestly, he looks more like a Gundam than a Soundwave of any kind, but to me that isn't a problem (I love Gundam-style mechs), just don't think it's Soundwave.

That's my exact thoughts - bar the gundam part considering I've never watched it. It's an amazing looking figure with a great design and fantastic engineering; I just don't quite get 'Soundwave' from it.
I think I'll take to calling him Padlock. Badass name that hasn't been used before, it's derived from a Pad, most systems like these have security hence lock...


Not to be that guy, but "Padlock" has been used before, as a character in the G1 Universe and in Energon...

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Padlock_(G1)

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Padlock_(Energon)

Whoops, meant to say has been used before, lol.


It's kind of an Autobot name though.

If I get one, I'll probably use the name Killfile. And the little partner guy can be called Natter.
Re: Mi Pad Soundwave from Hasbro and Xiaomi Available at SDCC 2016 And Fan Expo Canada (1806063)
Posted by Tyrannacon on July 16th, 2016 @ 9:56am CDT
It's not a bad looking figure and interpretation of Soundwave, I just worry about how fragile it is overall. Looks infinitely more like an "adult collectible" than "kid's toy".
Re: Mi Pad Soundwave from Hasbro and Xiaomi Available at SDCC 2016 And Fan Expo Canada (1806103)
Posted by Sarahthecutevixen on July 16th, 2016 @ 2:28pm CDT
intresting
Re: Mi Pad Soundwave from Hasbro and Xiaomi Available at SDCC 2016 And Fan Expo Canada (1806124)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 16th, 2016 @ 4:48pm CDT
Tyrannacon wrote:It's not a bad looking figure and interpretation of Soundwave, I just worry about how fragile it is overall. Looks infinitely more like an "adult collectible" than "kid's toy".

Meet:

Doc bot wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:looks too fragile


Despite how he looks, he's remarkably sturdy. He's engineered like a typical Hasbro TF that can be abused and dropped unlike some of the higher end Takara TFs which I've had many break way too easily over the years.
Re: Mi Pad Soundwave from Hasbro and Xiaomi Available at SDCC 2016 And Fan Expo Canada (1806145)
Posted by Sarahthecutevixen on July 16th, 2016 @ 7:32pm CDT
soundwave has the makings to be well soundwave, a version of him atleast, looks more like soundwave than the toddler titans Go guys look like the TEEN TITANS
Re: Mi Pad Soundwave from Hasbro and Xiaomi Available at SDCC 2016 And Fan Expo Canada (1806191)
Posted by Ultra Markus on July 17th, 2016 @ 1:27am CDT
although as neat looking as this is its too far from ever being soundwave they could have easily done something like this:
download.jpg
Re: Mi Pad Soundwave from Hasbro and Xiaomi Available at SDCC 2016 And Fan Expo Canada (1806219)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 17th, 2016 @ 8:20am CDT
G1 Soundwave isn't the end-all, be-all Soundwave.
Re: Mi Pad Soundwave from Hasbro and Xiaomi Available at SDCC 2016 And Fan Expo Canada (1806228)
Posted by Tyrannacon on July 17th, 2016 @ 8:58am CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Tyrannacon wrote:It's not a bad looking figure and interpretation of Soundwave, I just worry about how fragile it is overall. Looks infinitely more like an "adult collectible" than "kid's toy".

Meet:

Doc bot wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:looks too fragile


Despite how he looks, he's remarkably sturdy. He's engineered like a typical Hasbro TF that can be abused and dropped unlike some of the higher end Takara TFs which I've had many break way too easily over the years.


I stand corrected then. Heh.
Re: Mi Pad Soundwave from Hasbro and Xiaomi Available at SDCC 2016 And Fan Expo Canada (1806263)
Posted by Ultra Markus on July 17th, 2016 @ 1:56pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:G1 Soundwave isn't the end-all, be-all Soundwave.

nobody said it had to be G1 but the clothes make the man
you identify certain characters by the way they look, various configurations but still are
identifiable(this is not) are fine no matter what they turn into
if hasbro called this soundwave im sure you will be ok with it too:
81Yf772+s6L._SY606_.jpg
Re: Mi Pad Soundwave from Hasbro and Xiaomi Available at SDCC 2016 And Fan Expo Canada (1806362)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 17th, 2016 @ 6:48pm CDT
I'm just saying it's as much Soundwave as the Movieverse one, maybe even moreso since this one not only has a Soundwave-ish head but actually turns into a media device, can physically integrate its minion onto its body, and has a rectangular window/screen-based chest. All of which are major Soundwave-y aspects that this figure nails down while the Movieverse Soundwave only has one of those aspects (the head).

I mean, what does it take for even the most radically-different designs to be deemed fit to be Soundwave designs? Prime Soundwave, for instance, is a far cry from the traditional Soundwave look as well, and of the above-mentioned aspects he only has the minion-integration aspect. His head, altmode, and chest all differ from the traditional Soundwave look. Sure, he's blue, but he's more solid blue than not, whereas the traditional Soundwave colors are a more balanced display of blue and silver together. This new Soundwave just goes in the other direction with using the silver as its main color, likewise with Movieverse Soundwave being silver.

After all, it's not like it's as wildly different-looking a Soundwave as this one was:
Image
Re: Mi Pad Soundwave from Hasbro and Xiaomi Available at SDCC 2016 And Fan Expo Canada (1806468)
Posted by william-james88 on July 18th, 2016 @ 8:26am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Prime Soundwave, for instance, is a far cry from the traditional Soundwave look as well, and of the above-mentioned aspects he only has the minion-integration aspect. His head, altmode, and chest all differ from the traditional Soundwave look. Sure, he's blue, but he's more solid blue than not, whereas the traditional Soundwave colors are a more balanced display of blue and silver together. This new Soundwave just goes in the other direction with using the silver as its main color, likewise with Movieverse Soundwave being silver.

There is more to the Prime version than that:

Many of the "Transformers Prime" character designs try to work elements of the character's previous incarnations into their design. In the case of Soundwave, there are a couple elements fans will be familiar with from the G1 era:

-Soundwave's head sculpt is based largely on the Decepticon symbol. This includes the central crest with two points on top and the antennae like protrusions that angle out to the sides and the triangular shape of his face. This is quite appropriate since G1 Soundwave's face also resembled the Decepticon symbol (and may have been the inspiration for it).
-Laserbeak's ability to attach and "eject" from Soundwave's chest is a callback to his G1 self who was able to open his "cassette deck" chest and launch "tapes" that would transform into his own personal army including Laserbeak.

While nowhere near as obvious a homage as say, Optimus Prime or Wheeljack, I do give the designers credit for incorporating two such iconic elements of the character into an otherwise brand new design.
- bwtf.com
Re: Mi Pad Soundwave from Hasbro and Xiaomi Available at SDCC 2016 And Fan Expo Canada (1806493)
Posted by Kurona on July 18th, 2016 @ 10:28am CDT
Plus, the TFP Soundwave was a completely different take on the character that was explored on the show. I heavily doubt there's gonna be a similar amount of fiction covering this; it's just a bit of a gimmick collaboration - so if you're selling it as Soundwave, it would probably make sense for it to be recognisable as Soundwave.
Re: Mi Pad Soundwave from Hasbro and Xiaomi Available at SDCC 2016 And Fan Expo Canada (1806504)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 18th, 2016 @ 11:53am CDT
Kurona wrote:Plus, the TFP Soundwave was a completely different take on the character that was explored on the show. I heavily doubt there's gonna be a similar amount of fiction covering this; it's just a bit of a gimmick collaboration - so if you're selling it as Soundwave, it would probably make sense for it to be recognisable as Soundwave.
But with that head design and color scheme, how is it not recognizable as a sideline toy of Movieverse Soundwave?

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
Twincast / Podcast #268:
"Call Me 2020"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Heatwave the Fire-Bot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SOUNDWAVE Figure (Blaster Black Version) Takara Tomy MP3 Player" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 Generations Titans Return Deluxe Class SKULLSMASHER & GRAX!" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome Headmasters Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary SANDSTORM Voyager NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skullsmasher Grax Skullcruncher g1 headmaster wfc" on EBAY