Michael Bay Loves Shia & Sad To Leave Transformers Franchise

Michael Bay Loves Shia & Sad To Leave Transformers Franchise

Sunday, June 26th, 2011 6:43am CDT

Category: Movie Related News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 28,993

Director Michael Bay has posted at his official forum - Shoot For The Edit and commented on Transformers lead actor Shia Labeouf and his thought on leaving the Transformers franchise:

"I read so many of these articles Shia speaks in, and the quotes are so wonderfully untrue. He is an actor that makes his own reality and that's what I love about him. To think for a second I would leave my own set to have someone shoot and finish the scene would never - ever happen. He is special, and a very talented actor. It has been an amazing five years together. I'm kind of sad to leave the franchise.

Michael"

You can view the orginal post here.

Seibertron, Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): Michael Bay

Re: Michael Bay Loves Shia & Sad To Leave Transformers Franchise (1247268)
Posted by Tigertrack on June 26th, 2011 @ 7:23am CDT

Michael and Shia have both made their marks in TF history and helped to move the brand forward to a level above what it was when they started this venture.
Re: Michael Bay Loves Shia & Sad To Leave Transformers Franchise (1247269)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on June 26th, 2011 @ 7:25am CDT
Sounds like he's saying Shia makes crap up...
Re: Michael Bay Loves Shia & Sad To Leave Transformers Franchise (1247272)
Posted by Trikeboy on June 26th, 2011 @ 7:35am CDT
He flat out calls Shia a liar then goes on to say that he loves him for it. Strange man.
Re: Michael Bay Loves Shia & Sad To Leave Transformers Franchise (1247274)
Posted by craggy on June 26th, 2011 @ 7:44am CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote: Certainly accomplished number 2.

yes, I got a distinct whiff of "number 2" from that as well.
Re: Michael Bay Loves Shia & Sad To Leave Transformers Franchise (1247276)
Posted by Tigertrack on June 26th, 2011 @ 7:45am CDT
craggy wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote: Certainly accomplished number 2.

yes, I got a distinct whiff of "number 2" from that as well.

;) :lol:
Re: Michael Bay Loves Shia & Sad To Leave Transformers Franchise (1247277)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on June 26th, 2011 @ 7:46am CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:I have to say, Michael's vision carried out through his team, had transformers looking and doing things, and being so complicated... definitely not what I had envisioned, but I think it has been quite a feat to create what he has, and try to appease fans, and also keep it interesting/exciting enough to get interest from the general public. Certainly accomplished number 2. More people have become interested in Transformers because of the movies, people who have no previous ties to the brand. Transformers is much more mainstream culture now, and I imagine DOTM will break the records that ROTF set.

That is absolutely 100% true :D. I mean me for instance...Before the movie existed on 2007 I've never EVER heard of something called "Transformers".

But once the movie was premiered on the theater,I started reading TF comics from G1 to the current one,which is DOTM,started watching TF cartoons,learning about the old(G1) TFs that I didnt know existed before,started collecting TF toys and of course joining Seibertron xP.

Seriously to those who keep dissing M.Bay and the TF movie are illogical...I mean like really? The man helped reincarnate the TF line to the current teenagers(Who I can assure you most of them wont watch G1 EVER even if they heard of it) and kids and because of him the TF fans have probably doubled or tripled or maybe more.So all I can say is...Stop dissing/hating...

PS : I was born in the year 1994(17),and I can assure you I NEVER heard anything about TF until like 4 years ago.
Re: Michael Bay Loves Shia & Sad To Leave Transformers Franchise (1247286)
Posted by vegetacron on June 26th, 2011 @ 8:11am CDT
I am seriously glad this crap is going to be over after this movie. Micheal Bay and Shia LeBarf can go do other stuff that i could care less about. Lets start thinking about a reboot. Get some real talent into this and make a set of movies that are actually going to be worth watching.

Thank you, Micheal Bay for placing my favorite IP back into the limelight and causing revenue so that bigger and better things could happen! But in the same sentence, "Fuck you, Michael Bay for creating a set of shit movies that bashed a beloved IP from my childhood."
Re: Michael Bay Loves Shia & Sad To Leave Transformers Franchise (1247301)
Posted by chrisc4 on June 26th, 2011 @ 9:03am CDT
Re: Michael Bay Loves Shia & Sad To Leave Transformers Franchise (1247306)
Posted by Nico on June 26th, 2011 @ 9:19am CDT
Good f*beep* riddance!
Re: Michael Bay Loves Shia & Sad To Leave Transformers Franchise (1247313)
Posted by Solrac333 on June 26th, 2011 @ 9:30am CDT
Michael Bay got me back into Transformers. Love G1, HATED everything ever since except the movies. I also didn't start collecting until the first movie.
Re: Michael Bay Loves Shia & Sad To Leave Transformers Franchise (1247326)
Posted by tekering on June 26th, 2011 @ 9:55am CDT
It's nice to see Bay's films aren't completely rejected by hardcore TF fans, but his demographic obviously skews younger than the "trukk not munky" generation who grew up with G1.

Regardless, what articles or interviews is Bay responding to here?
Has Shia been accusing Bay of hiring second-unit directors?
And who could expect any director to oversee the filming of EVERY SHOT on a film of this complexity?
Films have been made with multiple units shooting simultaneously for almost as long as the industry existed. It happens on any major studio film, and Bay's crazy to think he can convince us otherwise...

...if, in fact, that's what he's suggesting.

Without the proper context, however, it's hard to understand what he's talking about, especially given how contradictory his statements seem to be.

Some links to published comments from Shia would go a long way to clarify the situation.
Re: Michael Bay Loves Shia & Sad To Leave Transformers Franchise (1247330)
Posted by vegetacron on June 26th, 2011 @ 10:07am CDT
chrisc4 wrote:i know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but let's not be disrespectful. i thank bay and everyone so much for bringing back transformers. what would we have if the movies hadn't been created? im glad it brought so many more people into the transformers world.

^ More or less. Hes done great bringing everything back and creating an interest in the mainstream for the IP. To that, hes been a godsend. There has been alot of great games, toys, and cartoons now that have all come out now because of his movies. Hell, he even brought Peter Cullen back into the fold.

As far as the story, acting, and art style to his movies, well....all i see is red when i go to post my opinions on'm.

And im not a 'trukk, not monkey' fan. I like alot of the continuities (if that was directed at me).
Re: Michael Bay Loves Shia & Sad To Leave Transformers Franchise (1247336)
Posted by The Dude on June 26th, 2011 @ 10:35am CDT
Trikeboy wrote:Strange man.

And don't you forget it! :D
Re: Michael Bay Loves Shia & Sad To Leave Transformers Franchise (1247353)
Posted by guarayakha on June 26th, 2011 @ 11:13am CDT
I just find it funny that the guy get so much hate for making a live action TF, which is obviously impossible to cater to everyone's liking, and we have people crying for reboots and crap, yet the same people forget that TF is pretty much a collection of different takes on the same concept. For example I thought Superlink was sh*t, but you don't see me cry about it; I just skipped the whole thing and look for another TF series that I like, simple.

Hate the movies? Skip them and go watch TF: prime or something.
Want a reboot? But TF's stories are mostly made of reboots in the first place 8-}
Movies characters are not similar to their G1 counterparts? But it's not G1, so that's not a valid reason.
Michael Bay raped your childhood? Well, it still can't beat what Kissplayers had done with "Legion"

TF as a brand was pretty silent and surviving on collectors support and japanese TF series, until the movies happened and now it thrives; new toys are made, new concepts explored. Before the movies, how many of you would've though that a TF toy as complex as ROTF prime could even exist? The best we got were the Binaltechs and Masterpiece.

That's it, just my 2 cents on the ridiculous hate issues. :BOT:
Re: Michael Bay Loves Shia & Sad To Leave Transformers Franchise (1247374)
Posted by Capt.Failure on June 26th, 2011 @ 11:43am CDT
Re: Michael Bay Loves Shia & Sad To Leave Transformers Franchise (1247387)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 26th, 2011 @ 12:00pm CDT
might want to re-word the title a bit, when i read it i thought bay was leaving too. "sad to see him leave" will fix that cause im sure i wont be the only one.
Re: Michael Bay Loves Shia & Sad To Leave Transformers Franchise (1247392)
Posted by D-340 on June 26th, 2011 @ 12:05pm CDT
guarayakha wrote:

That's it, just my 2 cents on the ridiculous hate issues. :BOT:

Um, no, that is completely wrong. R.I.D./The Unicron Trilogy was huge for kids in the states. Yeah the show was anime of dubious quality, but it was a joint effort between Hasbro and Takara. And, again, for kids it was huge, and brought attention back to the brand back in 01. Hence the interest in doing a live action film in the first place. The Transformers as a brand were never silent in the states, each incarnation has been incredibly popular with it's intended fan base, as well as the collectors. That's why collector aimed lines, such as the G1 reissues and Alternators happened in the states. The line still proved to be popular to fans as well as the kids.

Yeah, I agree that the films made them even more mainstream. But to say that the brand was silent and surviving on collector support is totally ignorant and totally wrong. If that were the case, the brand wouldn't be where it's at, much to the chagrin of some collectors, who wish to think we were the sole reason the brand survived as long as it did. Hell, Transformers may not even be around anymore if that were the case, as a collective, even now, I don't think we have the financial resources to sustain the franchise, then or now.

As far as Bay. Loved the first movie, hated the second one, holding out hope DOTM will be decent. But good riddance to him. Bay is a horrible douche canoe who could care less about the Transformers as a brand or characters. Watch the special features on both films dvd's. It was all about how much Bay loves the army and himself, if he coulda got away with not having the Transformers in these films at all, he'd have done it. He's a full of himself director who's mediocre at best.
Re: Michael Bay Loves Shia & Sad To Leave Transformers Franchise (1247397)
Posted by D-340 on June 26th, 2011 @ 12:14pm CDT
Capt.Failure wrote:I honestly find this level of comtempt for the man who helped revitalize the franchise astounding. Were the films everything they could have been? No. Were they perfect? Far from it. However despite this, even with how much of a base breaker RotF was among the core fans the film series has given Transformers a shot of popularity it's never seen before. You wish Bay had never directed the films? You may as well wish the Transformers franchise would have slowly withered away and died.

LOL. Transformers survived for 20 years prior to Bay's films. Hasbro woulda kept it going, Bay's films weren't the "saving the Transformers from total oblivion" factor that some would like to think they are.
Re: Michael Bay Loves Shia & Sad To Leave Transformers Franchise (1247398)
Posted by shamone on June 26th, 2011 @ 12:19pm CDT
D-340 wrote:

furthermore, bay had nowt to do with the production being green lit.

he was director for hire on first movie.

it was a life long wish to see this movie or a deep felt desire to rekindle a childhood franchise.

He did the best he could, but what his motives are i dont know, opportunity to blow sh1t up and collect a paycheque maybe, but it wasnt a fandom of TF, and why, cos he said it himself.

http://movies.about.com/od/transformers ... b61707.htm

they arent the movies we want, but they are the movie we got, so jsut have to suck it up. for now
Re: Michael Bay Loves Shia & Sad To Leave Transformers Franchise (1247409)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on June 26th, 2011 @ 12:34pm CDT
Why not go nag Randall NG and Dr. SMOOV to go make the reboot then? Ha ha. You can't say they'd ever dis the franchise or do it for the money. Look what they're already giving us for free. :)

As for me, I'm not sad this is the end of this era. I loved the run, and I'm now ready for it to end, and just happy it happened. Maybe one day I'll be able to afford a serious collection - then I might start with finishing the whole movie lines. Until then, I'll keep trying to make costumes out of whatever I can get my paws on. The sooner, the better, because I need another costume to run around in. Or should I say I know who I want to be and I want to run around as him already! XD

Have fun everybody. Enjoy the last of the bay-verse films, for whatever it turns out to be.

Be a positive force in fandom!!!~ :D

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Exclusive Platinum Edition Action Figure Silver Knight Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee Hex Bug Nano Micro Robotics Transformers 4 Age of Extinction HexBug" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Age of Extinction  OPTIMUS PRIME  FIRST EDITION Leader Class NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2014 Age of Extinction Deluxe Class Drift Flip & Change." on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy - Whirl The Flight-Bot! New!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers:  Age of Extinction Voyager Class Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Electronic Hero Mashers Light Up Weapons Hasbro NEW" on EBAY
Buy "2013 Transformers Construct Bots AOE DinoBot Optimus Prime & Gnaw Dino Brand NEW" on EBAY