Micheal Bay to do Transformers II?

Micheal Bay to do Transformers II?

Tuesday, May 8th, 2007 3:40pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Rumors
Posted by: Raymond T.   Views: 15,363

Although it has been said that there will be more Transformers Movies after the current one, to be released July 4th 2007. And although there has been talk about Michael Bay wanting to do a second movie in the past. The LA Times has claimed that Michael Bay will be on board for the second one. Keep in mind that the final decisions will probably not be made until at least after the movie has been released. There is no confirmation at this time.

Credit(s): www.moviesonline.ca

Re: Micheal Bay to do Transformers II? (114065)
Posted by Sideshow Sideswipe on May 8th, 2007 @ 3:41pm CDT
DEAR GOD NO!!!!!
Re: Micheal Bay to do Transformers II? (114068)
Posted by Seibertron on May 8th, 2007 @ 3:44pm CDT
Despite my feelings about the designs, I'm extremely excited about the movie. I would like to see the 1st one before I make any judgements about who should do what with a second movie.
Re: Micheal Bay to do Transformers II? (114074)
Posted by Bed Bugs on May 8th, 2007 @ 3:51pm CDT
Remember, he only does sequels if he can do something that hasn't been done previously.....so that means DEVASTATOR FOR THE SEQUEL!!!!!

:P
Re: Micheal Bay to do Transformers II? (114075)
Posted by Flashback77 on May 8th, 2007 @ 3:53pm CDT
Yeah but Devastator could look like a toaster with feathers for all we know about the way these designs are going. Either way I refuse to devote thought to a sequel before the first friggin flick is out.
Re: Micheal Bay to do Transformers II? (114077)
Posted by Roadshadow on May 8th, 2007 @ 3:54pm CDT
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Re: Micheal Bay to do Transformers II? (114080)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 8th, 2007 @ 3:58pm CDT
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Keep him out of it all together. I want a real Transformer movie next. Not a kick ass action movie with giant robots that happen to turn into cars. Maybe he should go make Bad Boys 3 so that way he cant do the next movie. Id rather see him make another Bad Boys than another TF movie. The next movie needs to be for the fans. Frak the evreyday movie goers. Give us a movie.
Re: Micheal Bay to do Transformers II? (114081)
Posted by Rodimus Cloud on May 8th, 2007 @ 4:00pm CDT
Can't say nothing until I see the movie but despite some flaws I think the movie will be good so I would like Bay to continue on it. I can't stand when some movies change director and beside we could get some bad one who will ruin transformers to the ground.
Re: Micheal Bay to do Transformers II? (114088)
Posted by For Gondor! on May 8th, 2007 @ 4:11pm CDT
Noo!!! :cry:
Re: Micheal Bay to do Transformers II? (114089)
Posted by For Gondor! on May 8th, 2007 @ 4:13pm CDT
Rodimus Cloud wrote: I can't stand when some movies change director and beside we could get some bad one who will ruin transformers to the ground.

Bay has already made some monumental clangers. I was hoping a new director would come in and get things back on track.
Re: Micheal Bay to do Transformers II? (114097)
Posted by Roboto750 on May 8th, 2007 @ 4:20pm CDT
For Gondor! wrote:

How can things get back on track when the first movie that establishes this new 'universe' hasn't even benn released yet? In other words, as far as the movies are concerned, there is no track to be off of yet. If you switched gears back to a pure G1 movie for a sequel, then things would appear more off track than any change that has already been made.

Personally, the movie is starting to look good to me. I'll have to wait and see it to decided whether or not I'l like to see the cast and crew stay on (though I doubt that they wouldn't).
Re: Micheal Bay to do Transformers II? (114107)
Posted by Chaoslock on May 8th, 2007 @ 4:36pm CDT
Re: Micheal Bay to do Transformers II? (114110)
Posted by Reximus Prime on May 8th, 2007 @ 4:37pm CDT
I have heard that he has a few upcoming projects, so if he did do the sequel, it would probably be a few years. The last I heard he may do the film version of the video game Prince of Persia, which would also be produced by Jerry Bruckheimer.
Re: Micheal Bay to do Transformers II? (114113)
Posted by Robinson on May 8th, 2007 @ 4:41pm CDT
Yay, another thread for people to bash Bay.
Re: Micheal Bay to do Transformers II? (114118)
Posted by General Magnus on May 8th, 2007 @ 4:48pm CDT
Re: Micheal Bay to do Transformers II? (114123)
Posted by Rodimus Cloud on May 8th, 2007 @ 4:51pm CDT
General Magnus wrote:really i´m starting to become annoyed by this type of threads. You know what I enjoyed Armageddon, and i hope this one is enjoyable too. People keep talkig shit about the movie withouth seing first :MAD:

AbsolutelyPositivelyDefinitelyRight
Re: Micheal Bay to do Transformers II? (114126)
Posted by Puck on May 8th, 2007 @ 4:53pm CDT
Just minor nitpicking: You report Michael Bay in the body of the entry, but Micheal Bay in the title.

That's all.
Re: Micheal Bay to do Transformers II? (114128)
Posted by jonusjaxon on May 8th, 2007 @ 4:55pm CDT
Close-minded traditionalists.
Re: Micheal Bay to do Transformers II? (114129)
Posted by First-Aid on May 8th, 2007 @ 4:56pm CDT
Come on people...get with the program! Instead of bashing who's going to be directing the second TF movie, revel and celebrate the fact that there WILL BE a second one no matter what! w00t!! i don't care if people said there were going to be more than one before, this is really the first time an official news outlet has mentioned the existance of TF2. And besides, if the effects for this movie are as good as they look now, imagine what they can do with Devastator and the Dinobots in the second movie!
Re: Micheal Bay to do Transformers II? (114151)
Posted by xxaMaxx on May 8th, 2007 @ 5:12pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:celebrate the fact that there WILL BE a second one no matter what!

Yeah, movies don't even have to be good anymore to get sequels. Just look at Fantastic Four.

Seriously, though, I am hoping that the TF movie turns out to be incredible. I really don't know if it will or not, but I'm hoping.
Re: Micheal Bay to do Transformers II? (114163)
Posted by Zeedust on May 8th, 2007 @ 5:21pm CDT
Oh joy... I'm looking at what this movie has done to the fandom before it's even been released, and the thought of going through everything again in two years' time doesn't exactly thrill me. I'lll reserve judgement until I see the movie myself, but I hope the next one doesn't bend over backwards to stray from the source material even in places where it doesn't need to.

EDIT:

Grimlock86 wrote:I will comment 'NO' or 'Yes' after I've seen the Movie. If they kick out the robot designers for movie 2 and hire some Takara crew, nothing is lost.

Yeah, that's more or less a decent summation. Not 100% on the money, but definitely at least 85%, and bonus points for being a decent sound byte.

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "*READ** Transformers Netflix Edition WFC Earthrise Optimus & Siege Nemesis Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Classics Cliffjumper with head upgrade complete Generations G1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Cyclonus complete G1 Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "RARE Transformers Takara Tomy Legends LG12 Windblade - Mint SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Rare Transformers Takara Legends LG10 Arcee - Mint Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG-17 Blackarachnia - Mint Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars First Aid Of Defensor, Protectobots, Autobot Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Jetfire lg07" on EBAY