Missed out on MP Grimlock? Don't worry, he'll be released again!

Missed out on MP Grimlock?  Don't worry, he'll be released again!

Friday, May 22nd, 2009 1:56pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 11,944

Want MP Grimlock but missed out on him the first time around? Don't want to pay the horrendous ebay markup + shipping fees? Have no fear! Site Sponsor BBTS has put up a preorder for the re-release of Masterpiece Grimlock here for 144.99.

Don't miss out a second time folks!

Credit(s): Mkall

Re: Missed out on MP Grimlock? Don't worry, he'll be released again! (925026)
Posted by Redimus on May 22nd, 2009 @ 2:05pm CDT
Bah. I dunno about others, but I've not missed out on Grimlock due to lack of availablity, I've missed otu becuase they released an MP tf for *even more money* than normal MP tfs cost, at a time of financial misery. Although I havnt been badly effecting by the 'credit crunch' myself, be it though ebay or BBTS, I have to rely on people selling in American Dollers to buy Grimlock, and the exchange rate between the US and UK is *terrible*. Add to that that *everything* I have ever bought from BBTS has been held by customs until I chough up so rediculous fee, and I aint gonna be getting Grimlock anytime soon.

He'll probably cost over £150 by the time postage and customs has gone through from BBTS, and I can find cheaper on ebay, and I feel that *those* prices are far too expensive for a TF.
Re: Missed out on MP Grimlock? Don't worry, he'll be released again! (925039)
Posted by Blackstreak on May 22nd, 2009 @ 2:18pm CDT
Re: Missed out on MP Grimlock? Don't worry, he'll be released again! (925040)
Posted by City Commander on May 22nd, 2009 @ 2:18pm CDT
Agreed 150% (lol).

I want MP Grimlock, but at at £120+, no thanks
Re: Missed out on MP Grimlock? Don't worry, he'll be released again! (925049)
Posted by Chaoslock on May 22nd, 2009 @ 2:32pm CDT
As long as it's 120$ in other stores, I won't even think about buying it for 145$....

120$ is too much for it allready, plus, living in Europe, the customs+shipping is horrible, as Red said.
Re: Missed out on MP Grimlock? Don't worry, he'll be released again! (925071)
Posted by Ravage XK on May 22nd, 2009 @ 2:51pm CDT
It is a great figure and I am glad I bought one. It is a rip though. I am glad that those who want it and who missed it first time round will get their change, having said that there are still plenty floating around from the first batch.
Re: Missed out on MP Grimlock? Don't worry, he'll be released again! (925102)
Posted by Zeds on May 22nd, 2009 @ 3:42pm CDT
Saw that coming a mile away!
Re: Missed out on MP Grimlock? Don't worry, he'll be released again! (925116)
Posted by Mykltron on May 22nd, 2009 @ 4:11pm CDT
OUch, glad I got mine the first time. Wish I'd preordered him though, cos I paid more than preorder prices.
Re: Missed out on MP Grimlock? Don't worry, he'll be released again! (925171)
Posted by Solrac333 on May 22nd, 2009 @ 5:33pm CDT
I will patiently wait for Hasbro release. I-)
Re: Missed out on MP Grimlock? Don't worry, he'll be released again! (925280)
Posted by TenaciousMC on May 22nd, 2009 @ 11:13pm CDT
Re: Missed out on MP Grimlock? Don't worry, he'll be released again! (925378)
Posted by Redimus on May 23rd, 2009 @ 6:02am CDT
Blackstreak wrote:Comparing the price tag of the more recent MP TFs I'm glad I have no intention on getting them. I bought Optimus back when he was only $60 at a local Wal-mart and that was a cheap price tag. Now they are $145 each? Thanks but I'm not that interested. Once I get my hands on Botcon/Classics Thundercracker my TF collecting focus is going to be on the movie line.

20th Prime was always gonna be cheaper than any of the Japanese MPs, becuase it was widly avaialbe in bricks and mortar shops.

So far, all the MP tfs I've bought have cost around £65-£80 (depending when I decide to pick em up, and how hard I look for the good deals). I think US Starscream cost around the same too, which concidering he was never avaialbe in this country is about right.
MP Grimlock though, he's not available for *less* than £120 *anywhere*. That's over £40 (the price of a leader tf in this country) more than I've paid for any MP tf yet. Thats more than I've spent on *any* tf ever, including a diaclone era and completly complete trainbot. Im sorry, but I cant do that.

TenaciousMC wrote:Unless US toy laws prohibit metallic dinosaurs to be made and sold here, I'm also gonna wait for Hasbro to release this.

The toy laws in your country, I wouldnt be willign to bet money on it, lol.
Re: Missed out on MP Grimlock? Don't worry, he'll be released again! (925487)
Posted by Diem on May 23rd, 2009 @ 11:40am CDT
I wonder what the odds are of a Hasbro release...
Re: Missed out on MP Grimlock? Don't worry, he'll be released again! (925502)
Posted by City Commander on May 23rd, 2009 @ 12:12pm CDT
Diem wrote:I wonder what the odds are of a Hasbro release...

I woulda thought it'd be pretty likely. Grimlock's quite a big character in the West, and considering his size and replacing metal with plastic, he should be pretty cheap to manufacture en mass.
Re: Missed out on MP Grimlock? Don't worry, he'll be released again! (925509)
Posted by Diem on May 23rd, 2009 @ 12:18pm CDT
City Commander wrote:
Diem wrote:I wonder what the odds are of a Hasbro release...

Well I hope that whoever wants him has the chance to get him. I don't think that collecting should be a matter of being in the right place at the right time.
Re: Missed out on MP Grimlock? Don't worry, he'll be released again! (926762)
Posted by Blackstreak on May 26th, 2009 @ 7:39am CDT
Re: Missed out on MP Grimlock? Don't worry, he'll be released again! (926867)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 26th, 2009 @ 1:15pm CDT
Blackstreak wrote:If I were to pay $145 for this piece it better have metallic parts. I wish Hasbro would suck up their greed and use diecast again.

1. Is that sarcasim? I can't tell anymore...
2. Don't you mean Takara/Tomy? If you're going to hate, please point it in the right direction.
Re: Missed out on MP Grimlock? Don't worry, he'll be released again! (926992)
Posted by Blackstreak on May 26th, 2009 @ 5:00pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:

1. Is that sarcasim? I can't tell anymore...

Not exactly hate. But doesn't Takara use diecast to some degree? Perhaps its just on certain lines. Takara is using chrome on the Classics whereas Hasbro is not, and no I'm not confusing the two.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Series Bumblebee & Starscream Hero Mashers Hasbro Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Steeljaw See pictures !" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Grimlock See pictures !" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Sideswipe & Bumblebee MIX LOT 3’" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction SNARL  dinobot Deluxe With Manual" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS "GRIMLOCK" 20" STOMP & CHOMP FIGURE toy ROBOTS IN DISGUISE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction SNARL" on EBAY