More 3rd Party Minibots: X Transbots Powerglide and Wheelie

More 3rd Party Minibots: X Transbots Powerglide and Wheelie

Monday, June 27th, 2011 9:55am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 34,384

It looks like Mini-Bots are to the year 2011 what City-Commander add-ons where in the year 2009 for 3rd Party companies. Why do we say that? Well it's because a member over at ACToys has posted what looks like an advertising poster by a 3rd Party company named X Transbots announcing their products. And the products are Mini-Bots. Wheelie and Powerglide to be exact. We have taken the liberty to mirror the image below, for the original, just click here or the image.

For those of you who've been around longer may recognise the blacked out figures as JizaiToys' Perfect Transform Wheelie and Powerglide. However, we do not know if these will be KO's of the famous licensed Garage Kits, or if the poster simply uses JizaiToys' stock photography.

Credit(s): ACToys

Re: More 3rd Party Minibots: X Transbots Powerglide and Wheelie (1247876)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on June 27th, 2011 @ 10:02am CDT
WANT WANT WANT!!!! =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~
Re: More 3rd Party Minibots: X Transbots Powerglide and Wheelie (1247890)
Posted by GetRightRobot on June 27th, 2011 @ 10:15am CDT
Ok really guys? Perhaps the 3rd party companies should get on the same page and decide who gets to make what. OOOOOR, perhaps this will start a price war and someones going to have to drop the price of their figure to stay competitive...hmm
Re: More 3rd Party Minibots: X Transbots Powerglide and Wheelie (1247895)
Posted by Prime Evil on June 27th, 2011 @ 10:21am CDT
Hrmph... :-?

With all these third party companies vying for a piece of the market, I really doubt all of these companies will succeed. Not only that, but they are gonna pretty much wipe each other out producing the same character's. So if that is what's going to start to happen, then I am going to have to narrow what I buy and from which maker. So for I trust FansProject, Perfect Effect, and Headrobots...that's it really.

Make Toys: will keep an eye on, especially since they have a lil connection with FansProj. +1 ;)

iGear: 1 good kup head, but I need to see how their non KO full figures are. Looking forward to puchasing their Wreckers line. Cmon Impactor!!

TFClub: For some reason, I'm just not feeling their Hercules.

Everyone else, you are at the lower rung of the latter and will have to do some amazing stuff for me to start dipping into "the bottom end" of your pool.
Re: More 3rd Party Minibots: X Transbots Powerglide and Wheelie (1247901)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on June 27th, 2011 @ 10:31am CDT
A third company making the minibots!? Geez. This is ridiculous. A bunch of TFs don't even have classicsesque toys, why doesn't someone tackle them??

But, yeah, hopefully this will lead to competitive pricing.
Re: More 3rd Party Minibots: X Transbots Powerglide and Wheelie (1247903)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 27th, 2011 @ 10:33am CDT
Now I'm just getting p!ssed off. Two 3rd party Optimus Prime trailers, two 3rd party Arcees, two 3rd party Reflectors, two 3rd party Seasprays, two 3rd party Powerglides, and two 3rd party Devastators. I thought the whole point of 3rd party companies was to fill the gaps that HasTak had no interest in going anywhere near. There's an entire universe of Transformers out there and yet this lot have all decided to do the same things.
Re: More 3rd Party Minibots: X Transbots Powerglide and Wheelie (1247906)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on June 27th, 2011 @ 10:36am CDT
Let's not forget two nontransforming Nightbirds and two Autoscouts.

Do the 3rd party guys operate using a hive mind?
Re: More 3rd Party Minibots: X Transbots Powerglide and Wheelie (1247914)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 27th, 2011 @ 10:49am CDT
Knew I'd have missed something.
Re: More 3rd Party Minibots: X Transbots Powerglide and Wheelie (1247915)
Posted by necr0blivion on June 27th, 2011 @ 10:50am CDT
If these are the Jizai Toys or KOs of such, I really liked the pictures I'd seen previously. Jizai also did a really neat looking Cyclonus. Since we hadn't heard about a mass release previously and now get a 7/1/11 date, I'm really curious as to what's going on. Checked Jizai's site and there's no mention of mass production. They usually show up at Wonder Fest and have the rights to sell their kits at the event for that one day only.

I really don't have a clue as to what's going on, but with 3 companies tackling the same subset of figures... this is getting to be overkill.
Re: More 3rd Party Minibots: X Transbots Powerglide and Wheelie (1247917)
Posted by Requiem Prime on June 27th, 2011 @ 10:52am CDT
I don't know why this keeps happening, and it's really getting weird.

Re: More 3rd Party Minibots: X Transbots Powerglide and Wheelie (1247932)
Posted by FullMetalGeth on June 27th, 2011 @ 11:15am CDT
Doubledealer25 wrote:WANT WANT WANT!!!! =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

Agreed =P~
Re: More 3rd Party Minibots: X Transbots Powerglide and Wheelie (1247935)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 27th, 2011 @ 11:16am CDT
Requiem Prime wrote:But there is one thing I don't mind. Since every company has to (or certainly should) produce their own designs each minibot will be different. Not only do you get to pick which would really be your G1 characters, it opens up having a varied army of bots you can ascribe your own fanon identities with.

You are of course right, but I personally find it hard enough to decide between Hasbro and Takara's differing colour schemes, let alone potentially 2+ different molds.
Re: More 3rd Party Minibots: X Transbots Powerglide and Wheelie (1247958)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 27th, 2011 @ 11:54am CDT
Hrm. Too many choices, but I suppose since they're all being announced around the same time, and not all are likely to succeed, it should be fairly easy to decide.
Re: More 3rd Party Minibots: X Transbots Powerglide and Wheelie (1247962)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on June 27th, 2011 @ 11:58am CDT
Re: More 3rd Party Minibots: X Transbots Powerglide and Wheelie (1247976)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on June 27th, 2011 @ 12:19pm CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Didn't Perfect Effect also announce a Wheelie a while back? When they announced the Lazer/Buzzer mold?

Yep http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... lie/18751/

With three different choices on each Minibot, possibly 4 with Wheelie, I guess I better sharpen my decision making skills.
Re: More 3rd Party Minibots: X Transbots Powerglide and Wheelie (1247987)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on June 27th, 2011 @ 12:28pm CDT
Alright alright despite all the talk of third party activity I wanna focus on this topic! Powerglide is all I hoped when first launched as a new fig and more. Though his feet have a high heel look they are waaaaay better looking than that piece of crap DOTM version and over all. Wheelie does look cool but I'm content with my classics version.

The only thing that is making these mini bots better than my fav classics/henkei is these will be armed and that is awesome. Since they did do Wheelie I would dare them to do Cosmos, Pipes, and Outback...'nuff said! :VEHI:
Re: More 3rd Party Minibots: X Transbots Powerglide and Wheelie (1247989)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 27th, 2011 @ 12:31pm CDT
I would probably go for Wheelie, but I;d have to see how well is quality control is. :-?
Re: More 3rd Party Minibots: X Transbots Powerglide and Wheelie (1247996)
Posted by transbot90210 on June 27th, 2011 @ 12:39pm CDT
Looks cool. Will have to wait for pirce, size and qc before making any real comment on them.

I would also like to add that I am now part of the TF franchise :)

I am the only Transbot on any boards so I know I inspired that name.

Yeah me woot woot.
Re: More 3rd Party Minibots: X Transbots Powerglide and Wheelie (1248012)
Posted by rpetras on June 27th, 2011 @ 1:08pm CDT
I like having choices, and I like that these guys have announced the intention before putting out the products.

With the 3rd party Arcees, we got the orders for the first one without ever seeing the second, which was, IMO, much better.

I ended up buying both, only to then be disappointed with the first one.

With this Minibot situation, we are seeing prototypes and images now, and we will be able to make educated choices before we buy.

Hopefully these guys will send out a few freebies to Seibertron (*hint*hint*) so we can see what these will look like, and get a few comparison pics before we plunk down our hard earned cash.
Re: More 3rd Party Minibots: X Transbots Powerglide and Wheelie (1248072)
Posted by Motorthing on June 27th, 2011 @ 2:25pm CDT
Too many of the same charactrs being done at the same time.....yes, that will help the market grow and sustain future projects I don't think.....

I love the minibots, I'm more than happy that we are getting what look like some very good quality versions of important gaps in the Generations line up but come on 3rd Parties,,,,no more Powerglide!

And if you are all going Mini is it too much to ask that someone finally gets around to Brawn and Beachcomber?
Re: More 3rd Party Minibots: X Transbots Powerglide and Wheelie (1248079)
Posted by Flux Convoy on June 27th, 2011 @ 2:34pm CDT
necr0blivion wrote:If these are the Jizai Toys or KOs of such, I really liked the pictures I'd seen previously.

Same here. If these are those rumored remakes in better materials, I am all over them. Both Jizai figures looked perfect to me in person. Man, Powerglide is getting some love lately. That's pretty exciting to me. :)
:BOT:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Universe Starscream Generations Classics 25th Anniversary Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alternity Suzuki Swift Sport Gold Bug A-03 Goldbug USEd=D" on EBAY
Buy "FLAME TOYS Transformers Kkk Tarn Af Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron  Combaticons COMPLETE BRUTICUS" on EBAY
Buy "JAZZ Transformers Generations Studio Series The Movie Deluxe Class 86-01 MIB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS DELUXE TRAILBREAKER GOOD SIZE FOR SIEGE" on EBAY
Buy "(2) STERLING TRANSFORMER CORP ST26744 TRANSFORMERS NEW. Govt  5950-00-442-5237" on EBAY
Buy "Blaster - Transformers Generation 1 Walmart Reissue - Brand New in Box" on EBAY