More BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Images (Update: Full Gallery Now Available)

More BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Images (Update: Full Gallery Now Available)

Wednesday, January 18th, 2012 8:25am CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 39,225

Update: Full gallery now available.

Credit(s): TF Galaxy HK Fans Group

This article was last modified on Wednesday, January 18th, 2012 12:31pm CST

Re: More BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Images (Update: Full Gallery Now Available) (1335188)
Posted by Prime Evil on January 18th, 2012 @ 8:33am CST
El Duque wrote:The Transformers Galaxy Hong Kong Fans Group have manged to get their hands on this year's BotCon exclusive Gigatron (Overlord) from the "Invasion" boxset. They've posted a couple of preview images of the figure in both modes, which are mirrored below. They will most likely be posting a more extensive gallery later on. Check out the images below.

I saw the pic this morning as well and now without the poor photoshop job from the club, I think he looks better. I'm coming around to this now.
Re: More BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Images (Update: Full Gallery Now Available) (1335190)
Posted by mattwhite924 on January 18th, 2012 @ 8:45am CST
That color scheme is so bad it's good. The more I see this thing the more I want it.
Re: More BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Images (Update: Full Gallery Now Available) (1335196)
Posted by AutobotCliffjumper on January 18th, 2012 @ 9:04am CST
I suppose that people were correct, the actual toy does more justice in pictures that the photoshopped version. He's looking much better now! :KREMZEEK:
Re: More BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Images (Update: Full Gallery Now Available) (1335197)
Posted by Rated X on January 18th, 2012 @ 9:08am CST
On topic:

Im glad Im going to Botcon this year and looking forward getting this figure.

Off topic:

Re: More BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Images (Update: Full Gallery Now Available) (1335199)
Posted by _Anshin_ on January 18th, 2012 @ 9:16am CST
Rated X wrote:On topic:

Im glad Im going to Botcon this year and looking forward getting this figure.

Off topic:

If you look at the bottom right (at least for me) you will see an exit button. Click on it and it removes the ad.
Re: More BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Images (Update: Full Gallery Now Available) (1335201)
Posted by Rated X on January 18th, 2012 @ 9:31am CST
_Anshin_ wrote:
Rated X wrote:On topic:

Im glad Im going to Botcon this year and looking forward getting this figure.

Off topic:

AHHHHH...I found it. THANKS !!!

Like I said before, Im all for the fight against censorship. But I dont deal with congress. It was congress who created the bill in the first place so e-mailing most of them is like preaching to the choir. Especially my congressman who is republican and does not want to hear from democrats like me.

I don’t fear SOPA because ALL politicians use Facebook and Twitter who don’t support this bill. Also E-Bay and Youtube is too big to battle on capital hill. It’s the cyber equivelint to a mom and pop store trying to take on Wal-Mart. Not gonna happen.

But isnt it ironic how so many people that bashed KOtoys on behalf of Hasbro are now rallying against an "anti-piracy" bill ???
Re: More BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Images (Update: Full Gallery Now Available) (1335207)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 18th, 2012 @ 9:49am CST
Wow, the more I see that toy, the more I hate that head, which sucks because I love everything else about him.
Re: More BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Images (Update: Full Gallery Now Available) (1335213)
Posted by _Anshin_ on January 18th, 2012 @ 10:10am CST
Rated X wrote:

Two different things totally, so no it is not ironic to me.

As for the bill, you may want to sit down and read the SOPA and PIPA bill a bit more. It isn't so much mom and pop vs walmart, but the Movie Industry and RIAA vs Seibertron.

What will end up happening is the quiet disappearance of sites that may be the next Youtube (Vimeo for example). This bill also has an affect on sites outside of the United States. Imagine Bay getting a hair in the wrong place and filing a petition against KOtoys for having an image of Bumblebee that looks similar to the movie version. That site could be taken down without due process. The time and money it takes to bring the site back up and the loss in revenue could mean death for that site all because of a single image that may or may not have been from his movie.

If this Bill had gone into effect a few years ago, we wouldn't have a YouTube at all. It would have been shut down because of Viacom.

Not fearing it because you are relying on people that are voting on the same technology that they use and don't understand is the equivalent of trusting your best friend to drink and drive because he likes his car and knows to stop at red lights.
Re: More BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Images (Update: Full Gallery Now Available) (1335216)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on January 18th, 2012 @ 10:18am CST
Um yeah it sucked ass before and it still sucks ass now. Huzzah to the minority! :KREMZEEK: :VEHI:
Re: More BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Images (Update: Full Gallery Now Available) (1335261)
Posted by Mkall on January 18th, 2012 @ 12:22pm CST
I don't hate it, but whenever someone makes a better homage this figure will be going into the box from which it came.
Re: More BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Images (Update: Full Gallery Now Available) (1335276)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 18th, 2012 @ 12:48pm CST
Well, since I registered for Primus Package, I'm getting him anyway. I like Overlord, so I'm good with this for now.
Re: More BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Images (Update: Full Gallery Now Available) (1335280)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 18th, 2012 @ 1:01pm CST
That head is too big.
Re: More BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Images (Update: Full Gallery Now Available) (1335288)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 18th, 2012 @ 1:23pm CST
Yeah, I think FunPub needs to take notice... they have some ongoing proportion issues. I can understand Punch/Counterpunch's head having to be small because of design reasons... but this one being too big could have been fixed.

As is, I DO like the sculpt, but it should have been about 10% smaller... and maybe somehow with a little more neck?

But posed well, the figure still comes out looking pretty darn good. I'll be proud to have this one.
Re: More BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Images (Update: Full Gallery Now Available) (1335290)
Posted by Seibertron on January 18th, 2012 @ 1:40pm CST
Rated X wrote:I couldn’t really see the images well because there is no way to remove that damn SOPA advertisement that covers every page on the website you click on. And it stays in the middle of the screen no matter how far you scroll down. I am anti-SOPA, but forcing everybody to view this ad on every page overlapping the articles is as bad as SOPA itself.

That's the point of the blackouts ... it's to demonstrate what could happen if such legislation were passed. Imagine there being no Seibertron.com, no Transformers fansites, no YouTube, etc. The blackouts are all meant to demonstrate what could happen. Seibertron.com reaches 30,000+ people per day, over 500,000+ unique people per month. Participating in the blackout is my way of informing, educating, and helping the users of this site and to help protect your rights, my rights, and the future of the Internet and Seibertron.com.

I seriously considered not making the site accessible today but decided against it because I wanted all of you to have a place to be able to discuss SOPA and PIPA, and I don't think a 100% blackout was fair to the site's advertisers. I think I came up with a good solution that was a fair compromise.
Re: More BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Images (Update: Full Gallery Now Available) (1335297)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 18th, 2012 @ 1:54pm CST
Okay, no SOPA posts unless you follow up with some Gigatron love or hate! :grin:

But yeah, it would take a delicately worded bill to ensure copyrights/royalties are respected, but fair process is followed — and keep the internet looking like we've come to know and love it.

Kinda like the Patriot Act was too far and dangerous in its scope, this could easily snowball into a horrible thing without some checks and balances.

I don't want to see an internet where you can't post a funny pic, or sing along to your favorite song, or...

......

Back on topic, though... I hope somebody, Botcon or otherwise, makes a Mega to pair up with this guy... and add the airplane nose on his arm.

If it's the custom class bot, the world will go into upheaval....cats and dogs living together.
Re: More BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Images (Update: Full Gallery Now Available) (1335298)
Posted by Seibertron on January 18th, 2012 @ 1:58pm CST
Fair enough gothsaurus ... ;)

I'm not opposed to the use of this mold for Overlord. I don't think it's the best choice, but we don't know what molds they were able to pick from. This might have been the best of the available molds.

With that said, I think the head looks terrible. Well, to be specific, the nose is terrible. It's too long or too flat. If you block out his nose with your finger, you'll see that the overall design of the head is OK. It's just the nose that's screwed up.

I'm curious why TCC and BotCon has had such a difficult time with some head molds over the past five or six years (i.e. Astrotrain (sketches were awesome but the final product was not), Beast Megatron's inverted eyes (the black part), Counterpunch's head too small, etc). It seems like some of these are rushed, or they're not given the chance to be corrected, or there isn't enough time left on the table to handle corrections, or something.

I'd love to know more about that side of the business so that I can speak more educated about why this happens.
Re: More BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Images (Update: Full Gallery Now Available) (1335306)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 18th, 2012 @ 2:12pm CST
I'm covering up my nose, but the head sculpt looks the same!

Oh...yeah. I mean....

I think part of the problem is there's SOOO little margin for error. As humans, we pay a lot of attention to faces. And if those proportions are even slightly wrong — or expressions change — we notice.

Soundwave's chin... I'm talking about you.

Something else that may come into play — early on, I heard in a panel that FunPub had to pick their top 3 molds for a character... and they'd get what was available. (I remember it was 2005, because I thought about the other insect molds that might have been used as the bug clones). It COULD be the case that they are having to design a head with a possible three figures it could be added to... and depending on which it ends up on, it might fit better or worse in proportions. (?)

But I don't know if that's still the case. That was 2005.
Re: More BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Images (Update: Full Gallery Now Available) (1335309)
Posted by scypris115 on January 18th, 2012 @ 2:19pm CST
The only one I like is the ultra magnus figure..as for the rest.. I-) (Maybe the soundwave too.. looks pretty good)
Re: More BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Images (Update: Full Gallery Now Available) (1335310)
Posted by bionic_radical on January 18th, 2012 @ 2:20pm CST
Blue Steel FTW!!
Re: More BotCon 2012 Gigatron In-Hand Images (Update: Full Gallery Now Available) (1335317)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 18th, 2012 @ 2:30pm CST
I wonder if part of Soundwave's problem was the bright-light-flash from the front. With better lighting, maybe the chin will roll of, shading come in across the bottom, and it look more normal.

All things considered. Maybe a better photo shoot with dramatic lighting might make the publics impressions of these toys change for next year (?) Hmmmm.
:-?

Oh yeah. Gigatron.... looking good there, Gigatron.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Movie Wreckage loose Deluxe 2007 incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Repugnus Revenge & Pesticons New" on EBAY
Buy "BLACK FRIDAY SALE 5.99 STARTING BID ALL Transformers Cyberverse Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "BLACK FRIDAY SALE 5.99 STARTING BID ALL Transformers Cyberverse Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Revenge of the Fallen RotF Stalker Scorponok Deluxe Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Prime Arms Micron Jet Vehicon Deluxe Figure Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Netflix 3-Pack Hotlink Heartburn Heatstroke" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Wreckage Deluxe 2007 w/ Swords Great Condition " on EBAY