More Cybertron Con Reveals by Hasbro: Asia-only, G1 Repaints

More Cybertron Con Reveals by Hasbro: Asia-only, G1 Repaints

Sunday, March 11th, 2012 10:24am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 80,496

Also revealed during the Hasbro/TT Brand Development panel at this year's inaugural Cybertron Con in Singapore, it was revealed that the Asia market would get a whole series of G1 figure repaints from existing figures in several different product lines. Transformers fans from the other regions, prepare your crying towels now-there are quite a few potentially great figures being released.

Here are the upcoming releases by class:

LEGION (LEGENDS) CLASS
Bluestreak - repaint of the Prowl mold
Hoist – repaint/retool of the Trailercutter mold (with blaster)
Motormaster – repaint of Optimus Prime mold (with sword)
Thundercracker - repaint of Starscream mold

SCOUT CLASS
Sandstorm –repaint of the Dune Runner mold
Brawl – repaint of the Breacher mold
Dead End – repaint of the Brakedown mold
Lazerbeak – a repaint of the Skystalker mold (interesting)

DELUXE CLASS
Springer – repaint/retool of the Tomahawk mold (with new head)
Swerve - repaint/retool of the Sergeant Kup mold (with new head)
Cliffjumper – new G1 head sculpt on the existing deluxe Prime CJ
Wheelie - repaint/retool of the Jazz mold (with new head)

VOYAGER CLASS
Power Dive - repaint/retool of the Highbrow mold (with new head)
Megatron (G2) - repaint/retool of the Bludgeon mold (with new head)
Hotspot - repaint/retool of the Inferno mold (with new head)
Brawn - repaint/retool of the TF Prime Bulkhead mold (with new head)

LEADER CLASS
G1 deco of the Leader class HFTD Starscream mold
G1 deco of the Leader class DOTM Ironhide mold

Also shown during this part of the presentation were additional images of the upcoming Year of the Dragon repaint of DOTM Ultimate Optimus Prime.

Also another Seibertron member Mach has uploaded a video clip when Hasbro revealing the new toys:

Credit(s): DevastaTTor, Mach

This article was last modified on Sunday, March 11th, 2012 11:16am CDT

Re: More Cybertron Con Reveals by Hasbro: Asia-only, G1 Repaints (1357177)
Posted by worldsgreatest on March 11th, 2012 @ 10:35am CDT
Sigh.
Re: More Cybertron Con Reveals by Hasbro: Asia-only, G1 Repaints (1357178)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on March 11th, 2012 @ 10:39am CDT
worldsgreatest wrote:Sigh.

My thoughts exactly.
*Despairing digh at how much better hasbro asia are than hasblo UK...*

Also, it says in the OP that wheelie's a repaint of tomahawk, when he's kind of..not :p. Just thought i'd let ya know so it can be editied if need be.
Re: More Cybertron Con Reveals by Hasbro: Asia-only, G1 Repaints (1357179)
Posted by combiner711 on March 11th, 2012 @ 10:41am CDT
Hotspot! Will be a sure hit!..I remember someone made a custom defensor using inferno as Hotspot. :-?
Re: More Cybertron Con Reveals by Hasbro: Asia-only, G1 Repaints (1357180)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on March 11th, 2012 @ 10:46am CDT
I might get 3 of em if it looks good. Ironhide,Highbrow repaint and Swerve(Kup repaint). I missed Kup and Highbrow when it was released @_@...Let's hope the repaint looks better :D.
Re: More Cybertron Con Reveals by Hasbro: Asia-only, G1 Repaints (1357184)
Posted by Flakmaster on March 11th, 2012 @ 10:57am CDT
I'm waiting until after April 1st to post a 'FUUUUUUU-' video.

Something about this seems fishy...
Re: More Cybertron Con Reveals by Hasbro: Asia-only, G1 Repaints (1357194)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on March 11th, 2012 @ 11:34am CDT
Hot Spot sounds fantastic. I'm all over that figure. I'll get Springer bc I have to although I'm not all that thrilled about the mold choice. Swerve and Lazerbeak have my interest peaked, i want to see more of them. The rest are easy passes IMO.
Re: More Cybertron Con Reveals by Hasbro: Asia-only, G1 Repaints (1357209)
Posted by Editor on March 11th, 2012 @ 12:01pm CDT
This Lazerbeak has my interest raised.
Re: More Cybertron Con Reveals by Hasbro: Asia-only, G1 Repaints (1357210)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 11th, 2012 @ 12:02pm CDT
1.) I'm sure BBTS will find a way to import and carry these. (So crying towels aren't needed, just yet.)

2.) I'm shocked and surprised by some of their mold choices... (Bludgeon for Megatron? No. Jazz for Wheelie? No. Sorry, neither of those are impressive. The others are pretty much a given, such as Cliffjumper.)

3.) I don't like normally like repaints, especially ones that homage G1 on newer designs. However...that Leader Starscream is AWESOME. (You finally win one, Hasbro. Kudos.)

But, after seeing the Trilogy Line....I can see why retailers passed on it. It's nothing but repaints and redecos. That's fine for us, but kids won't give a damn, parents won't want to rebuy the same figure over and over again. Plus the economy is just crap right now.

PRID seems like a surefire winner, for the money. New product, new sales. MTL old product, possibly no sales.
Re: More Cybertron Con Reveals by Hasbro: Asia-only, G1 Repaints (1357223)
Posted by Sodan-1 on March 11th, 2012 @ 12:10pm CDT
Nothing here strikes me as particularly vital, or even worthwhile.
Re: More Cybertron Con Reveals by Hasbro: Asia-only, G1 Repaints (1357226)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on March 11th, 2012 @ 12:11pm CDT
this is the first time im glad we're not getting something G1, most of those molds would suck as the character their going to repaint it as. Only one im disappointed in is the leader ironhide, from the looks of it hes going to actually be red unlike that crappy voyager hasbro did that never seen the light of day.
Re: More Cybertron Con Reveals by Hasbro: Asia-only, G1 Repaints (1357227)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 11th, 2012 @ 12:13pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:that crappy voyager hasbro did that never seen the light of day.

What are you talking about? The DOTM Voyager repaint Ironhide? Because there's like 6-8 of them sitting on the shelf at my Wal-Mart, right now. Saw many more in my travels to Pittsburgh, last night.
Re: More Cybertron Con Reveals by Hasbro: Asia-only, G1 Repaints (1357231)
Posted by Rated X on March 11th, 2012 @ 12:18pm CDT
Hotspot for sure, maybe Swerve. The rest of the ideas look like crap. Why dont they make characters 3rd parties havent already made ??? And what is this obsession about Dead End always being painted black ???
Re: More Cybertron Con Reveals by Hasbro: Asia-only, G1 Repaints (1357232)
Posted by At0mic Cav3man on March 11th, 2012 @ 12:20pm CDT
Man... I do want at least the Cliffjumper rehead and the Megatron rehead/recolor.

And big congrats to Cliff for finally getting to be a rehead/recolor of his own damned self and not Bumblebee, ah-thank you very much. :p
Re: More Cybertron Con Reveals by Hasbro: Asia-only, G1 Repaints (1357236)
Posted by ninjascythe79 on March 11th, 2012 @ 12:24pm CDT
I gave up on tf's they cool ones never make it here.The only one I would buy is springer and mabe leader starsceam but I have of the old leader ss anyways so eh. I bet the combaticons will be hard to find and I just don't care much about whats coming out otherwise. Really do you want a deluxe wheelie? I don't. He'll be bigger than classics Grimlock.I'm really tired of the way hasbro distributes Trannys. Its really gotten old. I'm more into in scale toy's like mu and the other 3.75's now. I think tf prime is cool but I've lost interest in the figures. I may sell my collection soon. these are awesome toys but my collection has most of the characters I want but I was really turned off by the Dotm line and the only characters I wanted getting canceled in the end. I don't care enough now to spend big money on imports. mabe they will regain my inerest some day but they are turning away there fans with a lot of recent b.s. like they first ed. Prime toys and the rts line. Too much frustration for people who enjoy the hunt like me.
Re: More Cybertron Con Reveals by Hasbro: Asia-only, G1 Repaints (1357237)
Posted by It Is Him on March 11th, 2012 @ 12:24pm CDT
Re: More Cybertron Con Reveals by Hasbro: Asia-only, G1 Repaints (1357240)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 11th, 2012 @ 12:30pm CDT
Allocating more money to import budget.....
Re: More Cybertron Con Reveals by Hasbro: Asia-only, G1 Repaints (1357242)
Posted by Mkall on March 11th, 2012 @ 12:33pm CDT
Squealed like a fangirl at the mention of Hot Spot. Will also probably get Power Dive, Sandstorm, Deadend, Swerve and Wheelie might be interested too.
Re: More Cybertron Con Reveals by Hasbro: Asia-only, G1 Repaints (1357245)
Posted by At0mic Cav3man on March 11th, 2012 @ 12:39pm CDT
I sorta wish they'd retool Megatron a little more to alter his feet, thighs and arms to make them beefer. The Bludgeon mold is a little too skeletal for Megatron imo. I'd also like them find a way to make the tank turret become his arm cannon. That's probably too much to ask for a simple repaint, but it'd be nice.
Re: More Cybertron Con Reveals by Hasbro: Asia-only, G1 Repaints (1357252)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on March 11th, 2012 @ 12:49pm CDT
There's... not much there I'd buy, actually.
Re: More Cybertron Con Reveals by Hasbro: Asia-only, G1 Repaints (1357264)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on March 11th, 2012 @ 1:22pm CDT
I can't believe Hasbro is going forward and releasing new tooling for an exclusive line. They cry no money then do something wasteful like this.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS WFC E24 SKYLYNX E11 OPTIMUS PRIME" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire & Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Timelines Collectors Club TFCC Runabout and Runamuck" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Cliffjumer MOSC Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Windblade & Scorchfire Complete with weapons." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition RID Starscream Deluxe Class Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG-37 LG37 JAGUAR RAVAGE Legends Titans return" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grax & Skullsmasher New Damaged Package" on EBAY